You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2500 replies, Closed
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a question? Post it here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Have a question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 97 98 99 100  Next Page »
King Jared
Mortal
posted 15 January 2004 10:57 AM EDT (US)         
I, and I'm sure others, have noticed that a lot of forum space is occupied by threads asking questions about the various aspects of Age of Mythology scenario design. So to reduce the space taken up by these question threads in the forum, and to make it a little easier on those who diligently try to answer them all, I started this general question-and-answer thread.

So, post any question regarding triggers, units, mapping, modding... anything related to Age of Mythology, or just life in general, and we, the skilled designers in the AOMH community, will do out best to answer them.

Fire away.

I'm sure you've all noticed by now that the thread has had a quite unexpected level of success, and I see no reason to cut that success short. Keep asking your questions, and we'll keep answering them. I also want to thank all those who've taken it upon themselves to answer any and all questions posted here, namely AoMPlayer000 and oddy, as well as several others. Good work, lads.

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
Aw, hell, I dunno, she had some tig-ole-bitties, d'int she?
big.vitt@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by King Jared (edited 04-30-2004 @ 04:27 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Anastasoulis
Mortal
posted 11 April 2005 07:13 AM EDT (US)     2451 / 2500       
@ I am here now,
I think you should make Osiris belong to a CPU player, cause gaia units are hostile to all anyhow unless you go to triggers and set diplomacy between your player and player 0 (gaia) to allied.

Another question from me again:
If I store a scenario as .scn (AoM) and open-play it with the AOM TT(Titans), what problems might arise?
I'm asking cause I want to place the snow drift wind patches in my scenario and they exist in AoM but not in the Titans.
I wonder if anyone could make a mod about this (and other) stuff -hint, hint...

Paperfriend
Mortal
posted 12 April 2005 12:33 PM EDT (US)     2452 / 2500       
Sorry, but is there someway to make a map 800x400?

[This message has been edited by Paperfriend (edited 04-12-2005 @ 12:43 PM).]

Reinfire
Mortal
posted 12 April 2005 01:08 PM EDT (US)     2453 / 2500       
I dont know how, but it must be possible. I have seen maps that were not square but rectangular.

Reinfire
--Retired Scenario Designer--
Everybody needs to beleive in something. I beleive I will have another beer
Paperfriend
Mortal
posted 12 April 2005 01:28 PM EDT (US)     2454 / 2500       
yes but most are like 400x500 i need 400x800
Gwaiahir
Mortal
posted 12 April 2005 03:37 PM EDT (US)     2455 / 2500       
I have another question:

1) How can I make it so the effects of a trigger activate when my player reaches the next age?

Anastasoulis
Mortal
posted 13 April 2005 06:24 AM EDT (US)     2456 / 2500       
@ Paperfriend,
you must have Reyk's editor3 if you have Titans, then:
start out with a 400X400 map and keep adding 100s to the side you want, until your heart's desire.
Of course you can do it the other way around too, by subtracting, but it's trickier I think.

@ Gwaiahir,
there's a trigger condition when researching technology whatever, so you can set this condition to activate the trigger whenever the researching tech goes to 100%.
Maybe you should put the condition to activate whenever research of the tech is over 90% (>90%) to avoid any malfunction.

Paperfriend
Mortal
posted 13 April 2005 07:16 AM EDT (US)     2457 / 2500       
thanks!
Gwaiahir
Mortal
posted 13 April 2005 11:17 AM EDT (US)     2458 / 2500       
Thanks, I will try it.

[img]http://swgb.heavengames.com/forums/happy.gif[/img] Mae Govannen! [img]http://swgb.heavengames.com/forums/happy.gif[/img]

My current project is:
The Battle against the Dark Alliance
See here for more info
Gea
Mortal
posted 18 April 2005 09:54 AM EDT (US)     2459 / 2500       
Hello everyone,

I've downloaded the New X Editor, and I was looking for a tool to put things on one another. I've found the tool to rotate them and stuff, but no tool to pile things up. Is there a tool like this? If there isn't, how can I do this? I've seen it been done before.

Remember this when writing:
Suprise not others, but yourself

Slickman_G
Mortal
posted 18 April 2005 11:16 AM EDT (US)     2460 / 2500       
to pile things up you need to raise a small area of land and drag buildings up the raised land, u just gotta experiment. try a circular tool on number 1 and raise a piece of land. drag buildings up. you can do this on any slope, agaion, just experiment with diferent heights, buildings etc. You have to be clever and creative to come up with something like oscars creatoins.

im sure there is guides on this somewhere.

i hope this answered your question.

(`.`....`.)
(.`Slick G`.)
(`.`....`.)
Gea
Mortal
posted 18 April 2005 01:26 PM EDT (US)     2461 / 2500       
Thanks for your reply!

Only the problem is I can't use 'raise land' with what I want in my scenario. I hoped there was a tool so that I could pile things up, without raising the land. I'll try experimenting with it, I hope I'll figure it out.

Oh, does anyone know where I can find a sound list in the New Editor (if it exists)? I'm looking for a specific sound, and I've been told you can test sounds with the editor.

[This message has been edited by Gea (edited 04-18-2005 @ 01:34 PM).]

James Right
Mortal
posted 18 April 2005 02:48 PM EDT (US)     2462 / 2500       
I am improving my Legacy of the Titans showcase, and I took several character screenshots without cinematic mode. How do I take screenshots in Cinematic Mode? Ctrl+F12 doesn't seem to work.
Thanks in advance.

James Right

Improve the world, start with improving yourself.
smilie
Mortal
posted 18 April 2005 03:33 PM EDT (US)     2463 / 2500       
Little question, how do I prevent a (atlantean) villager from gathering resources?
Anastasoulis
Mortal
posted 19 April 2005 03:14 AM EDT (US)     2464 / 2500       
smilie
how do I prevent a (atlantean) villager from gathering resources?
@ kill him...
eh? what do you mean? be more specific.

James Right
@ if Crl-F12 doesn't work, you can always press print screen and after you exit the program open some paint program (or even word) and copy paste the image captured.

Gea
@ what slickman_g writes to you is correct. There's no "stacking" as you say in AoM -not sure if there is in other games. There are some great guides in the downloads area on how to do this, go and check it out.
Also, you can find many great images at the eyecandy thread.

regards

smilie
Mortal
posted 19 April 2005 07:13 AM EDT (US)     2465 / 2500       
@ Anastasoulis

I ment: how do I make it so that if a villager is mining from a goldmine, it doesn't generate gold. Same with food and wood. I now know how to do that. Use this trigger.

Modify protounit(villager atlantean, player 1)
Carry gold: delta -100

Do the same with food and wood and it works.

Gea
Mortal
posted 19 April 2005 09:11 AM EDT (US)     2466 / 2500       
I've another question:

I've an cinematic block, which I want to change in Thor's hammer (only the head). I use the effect "Change unit type", and that works fine, except for this: when you place Thor's hammer in the editor, there are three things that can be placed, and which are all listed under the same name (head, haft, hammer complete). I want the cinematic block to change in the head, not in the hammer itself or the haft. Is there a way to do this?

[This message has been edited by Gea (edited 04-19-2005 @ 09:12 AM).]

smilie
Mortal
posted 19 April 2005 10:42 AM EDT (US)     2467 / 2500       
@ Gea, I don't think that is possible. Use teleport instead.
Slickman_G
Mortal
posted 19 April 2005 11:36 AM EDT (US)     2468 / 2500       
@ gea

Maybe you could place the head down in the editor and at the start of your scenario change the head to a cin block, then when you need the head back agian, just change it back and hopefully it will be the head.

Worth a try.

(`.`....`.)
(.`Slick G`.)
(`.`....`.)
Gea
Mortal
posted 19 April 2005 12:32 PM EDT (US)     2469 / 2500       
Thanks a lot! I'll try your idea slickman, and if it doesn't work, I'll use teleport instead.

Warlord_Adrian
Mortal
posted 19 April 2005 02:08 PM EDT (US)     2470 / 2500       
Will you make me a torturial on a campaighn you've made taking me through nealy all the points here whta i wanna know how do i make it so kemsty can summon shades, how do i get it to finish the level when kemsty enters a well of urd also how do i make my objective work e.g a count down comes on when they enter a city and u have to defend it as an objective help me (it would be easy to just post a torturial on a campainghn you've made like this oh i forgot and how do i get it to make kemsty speak or e.g you will perish you and your city

[This message has been edited by Warlord_Adrian (edited 04-19-2005 @ 02:11 PM).]

Warlord_Adrian
Mortal
posted 19 April 2005 02:13 PM EDT (US)     2471 / 2500       
is any one there say yes or no and try and answer my question plz
superknijn
Mortal
posted 19 April 2005 02:34 PM EDT (US)     2472 / 2500       
Use triggers, expeiment with them, and look at the trigger guide on the main site (don't know the link).

And please, be patient!

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) Corn for the Corn God!
Gea
Mortal
posted 19 April 2005 03:20 PM EDT (US)     2473 / 2500       
I tried what you said, slickman, but that didn't work.
And somehow the head does not want to teleport. The trigger is fine, I can teleport what I want, but not the head. I don't understand why not. It's really annoying, I don't know what else I can try.

Edit: when I tried to teleport the head in a blank map, it worked. I have no idea why it doesn't work in my scenario.

[This message has been edited by Gea (edited 04-19-2005 @ 03:39 PM).]

Warlord_Adrian
Mortal
posted 19 April 2005 03:25 PM EDT (US)     2474 / 2500       
Plz i tried that and i just can NOT find it will you just make me a tortuial
Gea
Mortal
posted 19 April 2005 03:38 PM EDT (US)     2475 / 2500       
There are a lot of tutorials here, read the stickies for example (the threads on top of the list in the Scenario Design and Discussions Forum). One of these stickies is called "A guide to editor tips and tricks". I'm sure you can find something useful there.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 97 98 99 100  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames