You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2500 replies, Closed
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a question? Post it here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Have a question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100  Next Page »
King Jared
Mortal
posted 15 January 2004 10:57 AM EDT (US)         
I, and I'm sure others, have noticed that a lot of forum space is occupied by threads asking questions about the various aspects of Age of Mythology scenario design. So to reduce the space taken up by these question threads in the forum, and to make it a little easier on those who diligently try to answer them all, I started this general question-and-answer thread.

So, post any question regarding triggers, units, mapping, modding... anything related to Age of Mythology, or just life in general, and we, the skilled designers in the AOMH community, will do out best to answer them.

Fire away.

I'm sure you've all noticed by now that the thread has had a quite unexpected level of success, and I see no reason to cut that success short. Keep asking your questions, and we'll keep answering them. I also want to thank all those who've taken it upon themselves to answer any and all questions posted here, namely AoMPlayer000 and oddy, as well as several others. Good work, lads.

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
Aw, hell, I dunno, she had some tig-ole-bitties, d'int she?
big.vitt@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by King Jared (edited 04-30-2004 @ 04:27 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Tahattus 2
Mortal
posted 05 May 2004 09:27 PM EDT (US)     476 / 2500       
Why dont u play Shutcraft? Is a very nicer game. This is a AOM forum, so go away and look for a starcraft one.

--- Twelve encarnations of evil attacked Earth in the last 12000 years. The elves have foreseen that another one will do the same. Tahattus is the 13º encarnation of evil, the last one, and battling against him will change all the rules about the things... --- Zumas Poéticas, 2300 B. C.

[This message was probably messed up by any of the moderators! (edited 06-26-2004 @ 02:16 PM).]

oddy
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 04:58 AM EDT (US)     477 / 2500       
Right, back to topic please...

A condition is not a trigger.
An effect is not a trigger.
A trigger is a combination of one or more conditions and effects.
It causes effects to happen if and when conditions are met.
Period.
Child_of_Hades
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 09:16 PM EDT (US)     478 / 2500       
GO **** YOURSELF!!!!!
Lord_Erik0173
Mortal
posted 07 May 2004 00:19 AM EDT (US)     479 / 2500       
how about you go away and

Quoted from the computer:

"leave civilization to the experts"

King Jared
Mortal
posted 07 May 2004 01:54 AM EDT (US)     480 / 2500       
Enough, boys. Stay on topic.

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
big.vitt@gmail.com
Child_of_Hades
Mortal
posted 07 May 2004 07:52 PM EDT (US)     481 / 2500       
ok "King" Jared i guess we have to KISS A ****ING MAKE_UP!!!
Child_of_Hades
Mortal
posted 07 May 2004 07:53 PM EDT (US)     482 / 2500       
...s-o-b...
Tahattus 2
Mortal
posted 07 May 2004 09:17 PM EDT (US)     483 / 2500       
HAHAHAHA! THIS WAS SO FUNNY!

Ok, King Jared, i want to make a thunderstorm effect, so i want gaia to invoke bolts on the screen. Is it possible to invoke bolts WITHOUT a target? (maybe one cinematic-like unit). If not, I want to bolt a very-small unit, but i need one that dont cry when they die (i mean that "aoooaahhh" the units say when die).

--- Twelve encarnations of evil attacked Earth in the last 12000 years. The elves have foreseen that another one will do the same. Tahattus is the 13º encarnation of evil, the last one, and battling against him will change all the rules about the things... --- Zumas Poéticas, 2300 B. C.

[This message was probably messed up by any of the moderators! (edited 06-26-2004 @ 02:16 PM).]

Auron_
Mortal
(id: auron 2)
posted 07 May 2004 09:30 PM EDT (US)     484 / 2500       
if you want to bolt a unit without hearing their sounds, fade sound effect. this will get rid of all the sounds but the music will still be playing

Auron: || Aurons Site || Aurons AoM:TT Creations || MY POETRY WEBSITE ||
oddy
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 04:24 AM EDT (US)     485 / 2500       
Tahattus, can't you use a plain ordinary lightning storm?

A condition is not a trigger.
An effect is not a trigger.
A trigger is a combination of one or more conditions and effects.
It causes effects to happen if and when conditions are met.
Period.
Tahattus 2
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 10:59 AM EDT (US)     486 / 2500       
I would use, but those clouds&rain are hiding the units in the cinematic.

PS.: STICK THIS POST! ISNT IT ENOUGH MORE THAN 400 REPLIES?

[This message has been edited by Tahattus 2 (edited 05-08-2004 @ 11:07 AM).]

natural blue
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 11:46 AM EDT (US)     487 / 2500       
in some triggers it has these symbols

Operator
<=
==
=>

What do these mean?

Also, how do I modify the hp at etc of Titans that are non atlantean? What does Titan Good/Bad mean in the modify list?

[This message has been edited by natural blue (edited 05-08-2004 @ 11:48 AM).]

Tahattus 2
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 12:09 PM EDT (US)     488 / 2500       
I know. If you set (example) DISTANCE TO UNIT

== 20 means that the unit must be EXACTLY 20 meters distance to the point;

<= 20 means that unit must be from 1 to 20 meters distance to the point

=> 20 means that the unit must be further than 20 meters (including 20)

Use modify Protounit -> HP
Means nothing. Ignore it.

natural blue
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 12:23 PM EDT (US)     489 / 2500       
thank you for answering my questions flawlessly

But I just thought of another, how do I use the unit create multi trigger? Is this trigger suppose to create multiple units in an area? Because when I try to use it nothing happens

Quetzelcoatl
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 12:46 PM EDT (US)     490 / 2500       

Quote:

But I just thought of another, how do I use the unit create multi trigger? Is this trigger suppose to create multiple units in an area? Because when I try to use it nothing happens

IIRC this effect doesnt work instead of trying that, create a ghost army and use the Army Deploy from there you can set which unit you want as the army (eg Hoplite,) and you can also set the number of that one unit created and the heading, hope this helps you

Quote:

Operator
<=
==
=>

What do these mean?

Tahattus has already told you how to use them but i guess it cant help to explain further

those symbols represent a part of boolean logic

<= Means - Less than( < ) or Equal to ( = ) the number you put
== Means - Equal to ( = ) the number you put
=> Means - Equal To( = ) or Greater than ( > )
the number you put

Tommorow will take us away
Far from home
No-one will ever know our names
But the Bards songs will remain

[This message has been edited by Quetzelcoatl (edited 05-08-2004 @ 12:50 PM).]

natural blue
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 01:02 PM EDT (US)     491 / 2500       
Perfect reply Quetzelcoatl

You helped alot

natural blue
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 02:32 PM EDT (US)     492 / 2500       
I hate to double post but questions keep coming to mind.

How do you put a picture next to dialog in cinematics?

Where are they located?

Can you add custom pictures?

HL_Reaper
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 03:50 PM EDT (US)     493 / 2500       
I wanted to quote it all, but that takes up too much space.
Download Aom & TT List by Reyk.
EDIT:As for adding them into a dialog, you can enter the filename into a bar there, can't remember which one it is(man, my mind is getting old...)

- Reaper

[This message has been edited by HL_Reaper (edited 05-08-2004 @ 03:51 PM).]

Tahattus 2
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 04:00 PM EDT (US)     494 / 2500       
How can i make my cinematics skippable? (is it the right word? Pressing esc close the cinematic and begin gameplay)

HL_Reaper
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 04:07 PM EDT (US)     495 / 2500       
This is a really weird, and in some cases 'bugged' thing. There is a Condition called: Abort Cinematic. That means, if you hit esc, the effect runs. Off course, this was ment to be when in a cinematic, you could hit esc to exit it, but you can also say, if you hit esc, you get 100 WOOD or something.

Ok, let's imagine you are in the middle of a cinemaitc already, so cinematic mode it on, camera track etc...
===================================================
Trigger_001
Condition:Abort Cinematic
Effect:Cinematic Mode :Off
Camera Cut : At the starting point
===================================================
And all the other triggers you need to run.

[b]NOTE:Sometimes, in cinematics, units walk from places to places, and fight etc... but if you put in the Abort Cinematic function, these triggers don't take place and you get bugged up.
2ND NOTE:When abort cinematic is hit, and you made your triggers fire after a certain ammount of time(not using fire event) these triggers will still fire. To avoid this, use the Fire Event Effect.

I hope this helped.

- Reaper

[This message has been edited by HL_Reaper (edited 05-08-2004 @ 04:08 PM).]

Skycat
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 04:13 PM EDT (US)     496 / 2500       
So maybe it's just better to leave the Cinematics skippable... lol

-=Skycat=-
AoMPlayer000
Banned
posted 08 May 2004 04:29 PM EDT (US)     497 / 2500       
No, this is just the sloppy solution for skipping cinematics. It almost ever causes errors with camera tracks and changes the end situation of a cinematic.

It's done like this. Quite complicated, but effective.

ipso
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 07:19 PM EDT (US)     498 / 2500       
erm. how do i put a sky in my screenshots? do i need a program or can i do it with the tt editor? any links would be helpfull

thanks in advance

Tahattus 2
Mortal
posted 08 May 2004 07:54 PM EDT (US)     499 / 2500       
Use a trigger called "render Sky":

In the blak space, type these words to get different skies:

SkyBlue: normal Sky (morning)
Skysunset: Sunset
Skywinter: Cloudy
SkyStormy: Storm

[This message has been edited by Tahattus 2 (edited 05-08-2004 @ 07:55 PM).]

King Jared
Mortal
posted 09 May 2004 01:33 AM EDT (US)     500 / 2500       
Villi, regarding skipping the cinematics, it's quite simple. Make your scenario/cinematic, then when everything's finished, go to the menu and select Build Cinematic. The game will then run through the cinematic twice, on low graphics and high graphics, establishing for itself what needs to happen to the units and the map and what not during the cinematic, or between Cinematic Mode: ON and Cinematic Mode: OFF. After it's finished, it'll save the scenario and BAM!... cinematic's skippable, and everything will be as it's supposed were you to run through the cinematic normally. But don't playtest the scenario via the editor afterwards... it seems to screw up the skipping thing, and you have to go through the process again. If you must playtest it, use the Load Scenario option in the Single Player game section.

ipso, regarding the skies, your camera also needs to be at a low angle, like 1-15 degrees, in order to see the sky. And some skies are larger than others... sunset, for instance, is larger than blue. I say this because sometimes you'll see blackness under or above the sky in your shots, and it doesn't look good. The sunset has probably the best coverage of them all.

That's right, baby. 500 posts. Awwww yeah.

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
big.vitt@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by King Jared (edited 05-09-2004 @ 01:39 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames