You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2500 replies, Closed
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a question? Post it here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Have a question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 38 39 40 41 42 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100  Next Page »
King Jared
Mortal
posted 15 January 2004 10:57 AM EDT (US)         
I, and I'm sure others, have noticed that a lot of forum space is occupied by threads asking questions about the various aspects of Age of Mythology scenario design. So to reduce the space taken up by these question threads in the forum, and to make it a little easier on those who diligently try to answer them all, I started this general question-and-answer thread.

So, post any question regarding triggers, units, mapping, modding... anything related to Age of Mythology, or just life in general, and we, the skilled designers in the AOMH community, will do out best to answer them.

Fire away.

I'm sure you've all noticed by now that the thread has had a quite unexpected level of success, and I see no reason to cut that success short. Keep asking your questions, and we'll keep answering them. I also want to thank all those who've taken it upon themselves to answer any and all questions posted here, namely AoMPlayer000 and oddy, as well as several others. Good work, lads.

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
Aw, hell, I dunno, she had some tig-ole-bitties, d'int she?
big.vitt@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by King Jared (edited 04-30-2004 @ 04:27 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Sorceror_Erebus
Mortal
posted 13 July 2004 06:29 AM EDT (US)     976 / 2500       
you need New X Editor its the most pro one there is

(`..>σŕęŕŕ Σŕεbś<..)
Professor for the Tsuninversity
Teacher for the NDA
Moderator At Age Quest
Lethian
Mortal
posted 13 July 2004 06:42 AM EDT (US)     977 / 2500       
Thanks heaps sorceror_erebus, I will download it asap
Archaeopterix
Mortal
posted 13 July 2004 08:00 AM EDT (US)     978 / 2500       
Another Question: Is there a way to define which player killed a specified unit (i.e. a titan)?
oddy
Mortal
posted 13 July 2004 08:46 AM EDT (US)     979 / 2500       
Well, "defining" is not the right word. You could use a combination of Is Dead and Units in Area.

A condition is not a trigger.
An effect is not a trigger.
A trigger is a combination of one or more conditions and effects.
It causes effects to happen if and when conditions are met.
Period.
Archaeopterix
Mortal
posted 13 July 2004 09:19 AM EDT (US)     980 / 2500       
Yep I thought of that aswell, but it's not what I'm looking for...
AoMPlayer000
Banned
posted 13 July 2004 10:09 AM EDT (US)     981 / 2500       
You could somehow use a kill counter...
Archaeopterix
Mortal
posted 13 July 2004 11:15 AM EDT (US)     982 / 2500       
Yeah but the players can kill other units besides that single titan aswell...

And I've got another question for ya: Can you turn on "Team Shared Resources" with with a simple trigger, or is the only way to do so before launching the game?

I've thought up a way to do it with triggers, but that costs loooooads of work. I'm not too lazy, but if one of you knows a better solution, then I'd like to hear

chariotarcher
Mortal
posted 13 July 2004 02:10 PM EDT (US)     983 / 2500       
Hey, can anyone help me, is the scenario editor able to make things stay up in the air?
Archaeopterix
Mortal
posted 13 July 2004 02:21 PM EDT (US)     984 / 2500       
To your first question: Yes, there is.

To your second question: No, it isn't. However, with a little effort you can achieve good looking effects by making intelligent use of elevation. Try making an elevation peak (round brush size one, and then just move terrain up while holding the cursor on one spot), and move a house onto it or something. Now cover up the peak with rocks, or put some trees in front of it to 'hide' it. If you do it well, it looks like it's floating

Death_Guy5
Mortal
posted 13 July 2004 06:04 PM EDT (US)     985 / 2500       
Ok so I saved the user.con file in the startup folder and it still doesn't work. What should I do?
Beng4499
Mortal
posted 14 July 2004 08:07 PM EDT (US)     986 / 2500       
You have probably heard this before, but is there any way with triggers that you can create your own pantheon. Make your own major god, and your own minor gods, stuff like that. I was hoping to do it without modding.
pharao
Mortal
posted 15 July 2004 03:11 AM EDT (US)     987 / 2500       
No,you need to mod it.

eso-name:nidhoggynoors
campaigns: The Sungod ll (dutch site,but i think you could find your way)

Archaeopterix
Mortal
posted 15 July 2004 06:20 AM EDT (US)     988 / 2500       
You can fake a new civilisation, by using triggers.

"Set Civilisation Name" changes the major god name. And with "modify protounit", you can change unit stats.

Next to that, you can use triggers to fake new godpowers.
Some examples you can achieve:
- Instant unit creation (by using the lure godpower, and a trigger that instantly changes the "animal attractor" to any desired unit. Sentinels look cool.)
- Faster Resource Gathering and unit speed (by using prosperity, or eclipse - any kind of a long-therm godpower will do. Then use triggers like: godpower is active --> modify protounit; rate construction; etc. Of course you also have to fire a trigger that changes the stuff back to normal after a certain time.)
- Flying Priests (When you cast ragnarok, al priests will change into caladrias. You can make this a temporary change, or eternal - whatever you like.)

In addition to that, you can also use looping triggers that "change unit in area". If you want to change the greek civ, and make it have slingers instead of toxotes, make a looping trigger that instantly changes any toxotes on the map to a slinger.

You can see that there are countless possibilities without modding. You just have to be creative with triggers.

sziggi
Mortal
posted 15 July 2004 09:18 AM EDT (US)     989 / 2500       
Archaeopterix, you have some good ideas there. Never thought of modifying and entire civic to a new civic. Could be done in a very intresting way. Also I never realized how many uses there might be for the trig "change object in area". Its has very flexible uses.

[This message has been edited by sziggi (edited 07-15-2004 @ 09:19 AM).]

Lethian
Mortal
posted 15 July 2004 09:35 AM EDT (US)     990 / 2500       
Hi again, I was just wondering how i can make willagers of team 3 say mine gold or collect berrys form a bush?? I have no idea and need it for an upcoming campaign i am working on
Archaeopterix
Mortal
posted 15 July 2004 11:10 AM EDT (US)     991 / 2500       
Right, there are two ways to make Willagers work for a player:

- If you're making a random-map like scenario, assign an AI script (AI = Artificial Intelligence) to the computerplayers.
- If it's only about a few Willagers you want to get to work, use triggers: the "Unit Work" condition will do.

If this all sounds like abracadabra to you, visit our beloved FAQ and Design Resources page.

Ragenment
Mortal
posted 15 July 2004 06:56 PM EDT (US)     992 / 2500       
hi i need 2 know how 2 make scenario quests and triggers in edditor?
Ragenment
Mortal
posted 15 July 2004 07:04 PM EDT (US)     993 / 2500       
hey has any1 got any custom campaign's not 4 the expansion i could download
oddy
Mortal
posted 16 July 2004 06:55 AM EDT (US)     994 / 2500       
Ragenment:
1. Check your spelling.
2. Go to the downloads section of AoM Heaven for campaigns. (If a campaign is for Titans only, it's mentioned there.)
3. For information on triggers, read the FAQ and articles in the Design Library (see signature).

A condition is not a trigger.
An effect is not a trigger.
A trigger is a combination of one or more conditions and effects.
It causes effects to happen if and when conditions are met.
Period.
Sorceror_Erebus
Mortal
posted 16 July 2004 07:12 AM EDT (US)     995 / 2500       
@Ragenment
use the edit button.. don't double post

(`..>σŕęŕŕ Σŕεbś<..)
Teacher for the NDA
Moderator At Age Quest
SoulBlight
Mortal
posted 16 July 2004 01:34 PM EDT (US)     996 / 2500       
Here is a question thats already been asked, How do you get the unit build building trigger to build a town center. I set up a greek villager to build a settlement level 1 where a settlement has been placed on the map and i always get "Can not build town center here." What am i doing wrong or can town centers not be build by triggers?
antisback
Mortal
posted 17 July 2004 04:09 AM EDT (US)     997 / 2500       
I to tried this, it is imposible (or at least from every angle I tried), however there are a few ways around it, the best of which is change unit type.

(¯`-.Proud Member of Ambition Designs and professer at Tsuniversity.-´¯)

Curent projects:
The Job 25% Complete Hot

Antisbackfiles.tk
For a guide on how to make WMV trailers for you campaign click Here

Wisee
Mortal
posted 17 July 2004 06:13 AM EDT (US)     998 / 2500       
How do I make a cinematic.
Links?

Wisee
Woot, sweet 13!
Kotor City
AoMPlayer000
Banned
posted 17 July 2004 06:16 AM EDT (US)     999 / 2500       
*applause*
Check the Library and my signature before you post questions.
Sorceror_Erebus
Mortal
posted 17 July 2004 06:22 AM EDT (US)     1000 / 2500       
and my siggi

EDIT:: this is the 1000th post i feel speacial

(`..>σŕęŕŕ Σŕεbś<..)
Teacher for the NDA
Moderator At Age Quest

[This message has been edited by Sorceror_Erebus (edited 07-17-2004 @ 06:46 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 38 39 40 41 42 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames