Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Campaign: Trifflrol's Journey
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 21 July 2004 09:33 PM EDT (US)   
Tifflrol's Journey

DOWNLOAD HERE

Anyways, this is about a Norse Hersir named Tifflrol (don't laugh lol ) who's village got invaded by Circe. He and his small army fight but get taken as prisoners. Circe uses them for practice with her magic, turning them into various creatures.

Circe accidentally turns Tifflrol into a super Promethean (she doesn't know it). Tifflrol doesn't know this, escapes and sails home. His former allies chase him to the top of mountain and he lives there for a while, protected by a storm that surrounds the mountain.

Eventually, he gets a dream that a special pond on an unknown island will cure him. . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Suggestions and constructive critisism are welcome. Please don't make posts such as "That pic doesn't look that good" as I wouldn't have any idea what you are refering to.

Scenarios: I plan to have him fight his way through Norse, Egypt, Greek, and Atlantis. Probably 3-5 scenarios per culture.

The below is finished:
Prologue
1) Out of the Mountains
2) Finding Help

If you wish to playtest, please email me at pftq@sbcglobal.net Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IF THE SCREENSHOTS ARE SMALL, move your mouse to the lower right of the pic and click on the button that appears.
-----------------------------------------------
Prologue (New)

Circe's Army Approaches...

Circe's Army's First Target

Circe's Army Breaking Through the Wall of the First Victim

Tifflrol's Attempt To Rescue Them is Hopeless

What Happens When You're Reinforcements Don't Come.

Circe Has Something Planned for the Prisoners That's Much Worse Than Death

Circe's Dangerous Experiment

Survivors Plan Sneak Attack - Will It Work?

Jailed and Cursed

Midnight Runaway

"He's Probably Another Failed Spell"

Back At Home

Firing Ballista Shots at the Intruder

Running off into the Mountains

Lucky Avalanche?
------------------------------------------------
Level 1: Out of the Mountains (New)

The drop is quite steep. You could fall off...

A Pond that will cure Tifflrol of his curse...
------------------------------------------------
Level 2: Finding Help:

Picking up from Level 1, Kastor has been informed of "the Promethean", Complicating Tifflrol's Journey.

View 1 on Canyon/whatever it's also called

View 2 on Canyon

Mysterious Shrine of Thor - Note I haven't started building on the left and bottom of pic so don't complain about the white area. Thnks

The Village's Trade Caravans Going On and Off the Map - Sorry for bad quality; want to keep it a small download.

Partial View of the Village

Spoiler: Pic of Destroyed Military
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Features
- Various types of gameplay:
--> Conquest
--> Single Unit Strategy

- Magnificent 10-min Prologue (skippable of course).

- Bizarre Modified Units (as in super-speeding monkeys that destroy what they smash into, not that this is one of them :P)

- Difficulty levels available

- Many bonuses throughout each scenario - some hilarious, some could be life-savers, few will be useless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Special Thanks
AOMPlayer000 - Feedback and Suggestions

Testers:
The Nodgene1 - full campaign
Serpent_Vikar - Lvl 1 & 2 etc
Pacosgames - full campaign

[This message has been edited by pftq (edited 07-03-2006 @ 02:37 AM).]

Replies:
posted 24 July 2004 01:53 AM EDT (US)     26 / 73  
I've made some major improvements to the map now.

Use the updated links in the first post. Please definitely consider downloading the whole prologue now.

Improvements include:

- Beginning music matches what's happening. In other words, it gets loud when it fades out suddenly etc. Things that may mess this up is if you're lagging. I didn't have that problem unless I had a program on in the background.

- Elevation and terrain. As you guys mentioned. IMO it looks pretty nice now. Thanks for the suggestion.

- Edge of the map no longer visible.

- Town Center crumbles to the ground a few seconds into the game; as if it burned to the ground. I thought it would be an interesting effect.

- More eye candy. Not THAT much more, but enough to make a considerable difference.

- Less chance of something going wrong. ie: Tifflrol doesn't show up when he's supposed to.

- Not sure if this fixes the problem, but I stretched some of the Cam Tracks a bit. Hopefully, it doesn't seem rushed.

Etc Etc

I may have forgotten a few things so let me know if you find anything wrong.

-----------------
Little note on the first level. It takes place on the mountains that Tifflrol got chased up to. Please don't complain but it's quite different in appearance compared to the Prologue. Different as in he's farther into the mountains, a camp lies outside his valley instead of a village . . .

[This message has been edited by pftq (edited 07-24-2004 @ 01:59 AM).]

posted 15 August 2004 07:05 PM EDT (US)     27 / 73  
Sorry for lack of updates. Wanted to get further into the next map before showing you guys the first.

Anyways, here are just a few from the beginning of the level (don't want to give pics that'd spoil the lvl):

Dream of a Spring that would cure Tifflrol

Tifflrol must leave the mountains.

Norse Camp takes immediate action as Tifflrol approaches.

Quote:

Summary of the level: Tifflrol receives a dream that tells him of a spring that would cure him. The spring lies on an unknown island past Atlantis. He must first leave the mountains that he got chased into.

There's not much eye candy (nothing really special about mountains ), but it's interesting. You have only one unit (Tifflrol) and you won't be able to get a Town Center. Requires some different strategy. The Norse Camp isn't going to play easy on you. Luckily, Thor will be guiding you.

It's pretty straight forward: Get through the pass on the other side of the map. You can just do that, but it'd take a loooooonnnnnnnnggg time, so there are many places to explore and bonuses to be gained.

EDIT: Forgot to mention - you can select a difficulty as well. I suggest Moderate at the least though.

If anyone's willing to playtest this for me, that'd be great. Post here or email me your email address at pftq@sbcglobal.net and I'll give you the campaign with the prologue and 1st level. If you email, still post as I don't check it too often. Thanks

[This message has been edited by pftq (edited 08-19-2004 @ 03:21 AM).]

posted 19 August 2004 03:04 AM EDT (US)     28 / 73  
Almost done with second scenario. This is the first "normal" level. As in you get to build up an army.

Anyways, obviously from first level, he's now out of the mountains. A small village/town lies ahead. He knows he won't make it alone, but also knows that nearby are also some cowardly farmers.

- No AI but intense trigger work. Over 40 triggers for each computer's "fake ai". Doesn't lag though.

- Many bonus objectives. Optional but makes the scenario more interesting. Completing bonus tasks will definitely aid you on completing your main goal - disabling the village's military (not destroying!!! Tifflrol is/was a Norse Hersir afterall!)

- A few surprises. Loki isn't going to spare you.

- Relics and bonuses (most to do with Thor).

- Not too hard, not too easy. Then again, you can always set the difficulty.

Here are some screens:

Picking up from Level 1, Kastor has been informed of "the Promethean", Complicating Tifflrol's Journey.

View 1 on Canyon/whatever it's also called

View 2 on Canyon

Mysterious Shrine of Thor - Note I haven't started building on the left and bottom of pic so don't complain about the white area. Thnks

Level 3 is going to be really weird trust me. . .

Also updated Prologue download. I've learned a lot the past month, so it should be decent.

Edit: Just noticed that I misspelled Tifflrol in the title. Could a mod remove the first R in Tifflrol? Thanks.

[This message has been edited by pftq (edited 08-19-2004 @ 03:31 AM).]

posted 19 August 2004 09:25 AM EDT (US)     29 / 73  
Sounds like you got a wonderful storyline there pftq!(and funny too)

"We are as happy as our minds make up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Proud member of Ambition Designs
posted 19 August 2004 09:56 AM EDT (US)     30 / 73  
Check this new rule.

Just to warn you.

Lexus
Current Designs:
The Silmarillion 5% || Elenamon 75%
The age of Men is over. The time of Orcs has come. Gothmog
posted 19 August 2004 03:18 PM EDT (US)     31 / 73  
Thanks SilencedDiscipline. There will be a few funny happenings in there, as there were in the original campaign.

@Lexus_Reloaded: Read it already. Don't see anything wrong. I'm almost on the 3rd scn and have planned 4, 5, and 6.

[This message has been edited by pftq (edited 08-19-2004 @ 03:19 PM).]

posted 24 August 2004 02:46 AM EDT (US)     32 / 73  
Not sure if this has been done before. I've added a set of triggers which make the villagers and even some old men seem like they actually live in the small village.

So far I have two families made up of reg villies and some shrunken ones (which look pretty good as kids) walking around and stopping at markets, temples, houses, etc. Each family is doing different things.

Tested and it's going pretty good. Sometimes they stop early, but that's okay since it still seems like they are looking at something. Maybe even better so that it doesn't seem like a pattern.

Ideas to expand on this are welcome.

BTW, Does this look like fishing? I'm trying to find a way to make villies look like they're fishing.

[This message has been edited by pftq (edited 08-24-2004 @ 03:02 AM).]

posted 24 August 2004 02:16 PM EDT (US)     33 / 73  
Maybe if you added some fish nearby. ATM he looks like he's panning for gold.

Lead Scenario Designer and Member of Liquid Fire Studios
Seeking only strength; Coldness that can burn a person; Throwing away pride; Stopping time with hatred.
"Eat paper." - pftq
posted 24 August 2004 02:22 PM EDT (US)     34 / 73  
The screenshots are getting better everytime I visit this announcement .
posted 24 August 2004 04:54 PM EDT (US)     35 / 73  
Okay I'll try that Kavik

Thanks AOMPlayer. I'm considering redoing lvl1 later though. I was sort of a newb when I made it.

Lvl2 is going great . . . just working on the village. Starting from the end of Lvl2, there's large twist to the plot.

How's this for fishing? I'm gonna see if I can get the fish to not appear to go through the villager.

[This message has been edited by pftq (edited 08-24-2004 @ 05:49 PM).]

posted 24 August 2004 08:22 PM EDT (US)     36 / 73  
In addition to having villagers moving about the village, I have caravans going on and off the map - appearing to be going to other villages.

Here's a small gif

Sorry for the low quality. Don't want it to take too long to download.

posted 25 August 2004 05:56 AM EDT (US)     37 / 73  
Here's most of the village from a sideways view.

The wall kinda blocks the view of the villies but not much else. I admit the middle does seem a bit too perfect, but it's dedicated to the Gods so . . . lol

[This message has been edited by pftq (edited 08-25-2004 @ 02:53 PM).]

posted 25 August 2004 06:01 AM EDT (US)     38 / 73  
I would suggest using a normal temple rather than one to the gods - the architecture would fit in more.

Come back strong like the powered-up pacman.
posted 25 August 2004 06:45 AM EDT (US)     39 / 73  
I agree, the current one is greek style. Nevertheless, very nice, the idea with the caravans and the fishes as well.
posted 25 August 2004 02:55 PM EDT (US)     40 / 73  
I've updated the village screenshot with the new temple.

The wooden look was getting a bit boring - well seemed overused.

So I changed the walls around the temple to stone fences (don't worry made a backup of other one).

I want which one looks better.

Mysterious Shrine of Thor with Wooden Walls

OR

Mysterious Shrine of Thor with Stone Fences

Thanks.

BTW, not sure if you can notice in the second shot, but I've included salespeople in the markets. Wish they had animations to make them look like they're talking or selling.

One more thing: Relics are collected simply by moving your hero(s) to the relic. These means not ejecting or declining. Do you guys mind? Don't worry. I only put in relics you wouldn't not want to have (ie monkeys).

[This message has been edited by pftq (edited 08-25-2004 @ 07:37 PM).]

posted 26 August 2004 09:20 AM EDT (US)     41 / 73  
Stone fences.

For the relics, simply use "Modify Protounit", "Max Contained", "-1" for your heros, i.e. the herse, I guess. Then he won't be able to pick up relics anymore.

posted 26 August 2004 01:54 PM EDT (US)     42 / 73  
No I have no problem with the heros picking it up.

Here's how it works:

1) Hero get near the relic
2) Relic change type into hero birth (better than simply disappearing)
3) You get the effect in "Set Tech Status". This gives you the power of the relic without ever having the relic.

I'll finish up the lvl. Thought it might be stone fences thanks.

posted 26 August 2004 01:59 PM EDT (US)     43 / 73  
pftq, I have the feeling that you'll get a good designer. I've two things for you, that you should direly learn on your way: 1. and 2. Really, learn these things and use them, and you've taken another important step .

[This message has been edited by AoMPlayer000 (edited 08-26-2004 @ 01:59 PM).]

posted 26 August 2004 02:03 PM EDT (US)     44 / 73  
I read those already, but thanks anyways. I prefer using Abort Cin though. More in control. Don't worry, it skips just fine - takes only about half a sec, one sec at most.
posted 26 August 2004 02:06 PM EDT (US)     45 / 73  
I doesn't work, that's the problem. If you skip during a camera track, for example, or if units move during the cinematic they won't be on the right places when you press Esc. It's crap, sorry to say that, but ES' made "Build Cinematic" and used it, Abort Cin is just a little helper for this function. Really, learn it.
posted 26 August 2004 02:11 PM EDT (US)     46 / 73  
I've figured ways around getting units to the right spot. But I'll use Build Cin when things get too complicated (tons of units movin just for the cin etc).
posted 26 August 2004 02:21 PM EDT (US)     47 / 73  
Well, did you use "Teleport"? You'd need tons of "Disable Trigger" effects, too, to interrupt the cinematic. And what do you do if you want to use a camera track?

Believe me, it's much easier; learn how to set the triggers up and use "Build Cinematic" when you've finished your entire scn Then you're done, perfectly correct in any circumstances and without any additional trigger.

posted 26 August 2004 02:31 PM EDT (US)     48 / 73  
Okay here's what I do:

All cin (except first) must have the condition QV Check.

Abort has QV Set. So no need for disabling triggers.

Sometimes I use teleport but most time I dont need to. In this case (what I'm working on), all cinimatic units are destroyed and cin blocks become them. (no, i don't do all this just for the abort, it'd be like this if I used Build Cin too).

I'll use Build Cin, but right now, the cinimatics I have are skipping fine.

[This message has been edited by pftq (edited 08-26-2004 @ 02:35 PM).]

posted 26 August 2004 02:35 PM EDT (US)     49 / 73  
You're a clever guy ! The QV thing is good!

Nevertheless, you said you wouldn't need it. Well, there's a completely different problem then: Your cinematics could be made much more alive then! Camera tracks, moving and fighting units, units that still are in the game after the cinematic ends etc etc. Read this and this, it's not about triggerwork, but interesting!

I'm happy you understood (and use) Build Cinematic though. Take your time for the campaign and ask people when you've got a question. It'll be good, I'm sure!

[This message has been edited by AoMPlayer000 (edited 08-26-2004 @ 02:37 PM).]

posted 26 August 2004 02:40 PM EDT (US)     50 / 73  
Are you just going to bombard me with statements about how bad Abort Cin is and I'm going to counter them? lol

Who said my Cinimatics weren't alive? What I destroy, I replace with the exact same units.

Ah well, gotta start finishing up the second lvl . . .

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Campaign: Trifflrol's Journey
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames