Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.50 replies, Closed
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Spotlight Reccomendations
Bottom
Topic Subject:Spotlight Reccomendations
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Guardian_113
Banned
posted 07 September 2004 05:52 AM EDT (US)         
I thought it was about time to aid our beloved mods by voting for what scenarios we want spotlighted. I'll put up the numbers here, and if the mods agree with the general majority, the spotlight is up. This is because I know alot of mods don't have the time to play all the good scns, and really, there are lots of scns worth spotlighting!

Here we go, just put in the name of the scenario you wish to vote for a spotlight-

I vote Ajax: Flight of the Herclids.

^ Its a fantastic scenario with some wonderful new innovations/idea to the RPG genre- and very much worth a spotlight. IMO, you should all play it- I gave it a review, definately worth the top rated section.

VOTES:

Ajax: Flight of the Herclids.

3 Votes

The Last Spartan

1 Vote

Shilmista-Era of Rainshowers

5 votes

[This message has been edited by Guardian_113 (edited 09-07-2004 @ 05:54 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Guardian_113
Banned
posted 07 September 2004 04:09 PM EDT (US)     26 / 50       
^ I am not even going to dignify that with a response.

@everyone else: I didn't know the Hobbit was old. My mistake. Time to take it off the list. Please vote for already existing scenarios.

AoMPlayer000
Banned
posted 07 September 2004 04:12 PM EDT (US)     27 / 50       

Quote:

Please vote for already existing scenarios.

Isn't it a tradition of the spotlight to announce new scenarios? It should be IMO, what do you think? I want to vote for LSA...
Guardian_113
Banned
posted 07 September 2004 04:21 PM EDT (US)     28 / 50       
Anyone else got any interesting scenarios they want to vote for?
Auron_
Mortal
(id: auron 2)
posted 07 September 2004 04:24 PM EDT (US)     29 / 50       
true aomplayer. it seems that you only want to include only the new scenarios since your Last Spartan scenario has just been released. plus the new SP scenario submittions arent very good(execpt for Students), which leaves your Last Spartan a winning spotlight at the news cover.

i'm sorry to break it guardian, but i've played your scenario(i wont bother to review since i know how much you will complain if i'll do that) the last spartan, it has many flaws which at the end deserves an average of 4.0 or less. I guess no one can complain when your own teammate reviews your scenario with a 4.8. your scenario just luckely happened to be reviewed by your friends, teammate, or just simply people that dont know how to make a decent review and get impressed with simple editor tricks.

Quote:

Best Scenario Designer Award, Most Challenging Scenario Award, Best SP Scenario Award

that mostly happened because you just were well known around the community. it was like the cheezy. people like its creations even if they dont play it ot install them, and he gets high 5s(which he does really deserve).

how about holding a spotlight vote on every scenario whether is SP or MP? that would be much fair

Auron: || Aurons Site || Aurons AoM:TT Creations || MY POETRY WEBSITE ||
AoMPlayer000
Banned
posted 07 September 2004 04:36 PM EDT (US)     30 / 50       
Guardian simply hugely overestimates hisself. King Jared's project and eXtinction's will get him down-to-earth again though.
filmdirector2
Mortal
posted 07 September 2004 04:45 PM EDT (US)     31 / 50       
I vote Shimista
Guardian_113
Banned
posted 07 September 2004 04:49 PM EDT (US)     32 / 50       
eXtinction is part of LFS. Would love to see his project blossom.

Again, pick a new scenario from the list, to encourage new scenarios/designers. I'm positive you'll find something you like in there. I liked Ajax, hence the vote.

Auron_
Mortal
posted 07 September 2004 04:56 PM EDT (US)     33 / 50       

Quote:

Again, pick a new scenario from the list,

again, you mean this list?
http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/lister.php?category=single&dr=new

those are the new scenarios....SP scenarios. with that competition we already know who will be spotlighted for sure. so i suggest yet again to involve all categories in this spotlight voting topic

EDIT: and by that i also mean Old and new scenarios

regards
Auron

[This message has been edited by auron 2 (edited 09-07-2004 @ 05:00 PM).]

Guardian_113
Banned
posted 07 September 2004 05:05 PM EDT (US)     34 / 50       
I never said only single player scenarios. If you find a new multiplayer scenario/mod to spotlight, go ahead and vote.

Really, you should think about what you're saying. I think had you won the same awards as I did, you would have confidence in yourself/ability and you would put your awards in your sig.

I'm astonished at the pure bitterness of the scenario design community. AoMPlayer and auron, I am letting you know from now that I am going to ignore all your posts from now on. I never did anything for Birthright besides make a website for it (which alot of projects have), make a projects announcment thread for it (which alot of projects have), and ask for help on it (voices, etc..). Chill out- the scenario design awards will be held again sometime soon, and it will be the chance for other designers to win more awards. The fact that I won 3 awards in the last one doesn't make me better than anyone. But it doesn't make me worse either.

Ugh, I'm ashamed, I wanted a simple topic created to encourage new scenario designers/scenarios- instead, I get people telling me that I'm not a good designer, that I don't deserve my awards, and god knows what else.

Dnas
Mortal
posted 07 September 2004 05:06 PM EDT (US)     35 / 50       

Quote:

eXtinction is part of LFS

True, but he started I-39 long before LFS. So, it's not really a project LFS can boast of. He just happened to join LFS.

I don't even consider my MU Upgrade Modpack part of AOMM/MC even though it was after I joined. (Not that it's anything worth boasting of. )

Shilmista's old, sure. But it's never been spolighted. Some of the other spolights we've had are inferior to it. If they deserve a spotlight, I don't see why Shilmista doesn't.

My vote goes to Shilmista. Final.

Dnas
Wildfire games 0 A. D. texture artist.
Rest In Peace, Flipbizcut (1979-2005)

[This message may have been edited by Dnas (edited 49-92-4096 @ 42:93 PM).]

Auron_
Mortal
posted 07 September 2004 05:18 PM EDT (US)     36 / 50       

Quote:

Ugh, I'm ashamed, I wanted a simple topic created to encourage new scenario designers/scenarios- instead, I get people telling me that I'm not a good designer, that I don't deserve my awards, and god knows what else.

re-read my post. i never said you never deserved those awards, and i never said you were a bad designer.

Quote:

True, but he started I-39 long before LFS. So, it's not really a project LFS can boast of. He just happened to join LFS.

LOL i just realized that....i guess the only way they can call it a LFS team creation is if members volunteer themselves to help so they can be included in the credits too

[This message has been edited by auron 2 (edited 09-07-2004 @ 05:21 PM).]

EaZy
Mortal
(id: EazY_Ben)
posted 07 September 2004 05:25 PM EDT (US)     37 / 50       
Hmm...guys i think we better stop arguing now...its pointless.
Maybe Guardian is quite confident over his scenario-but he only wants his work to pay off, ya know?

AOMPlayer: it seems like your sturring up some trouble-both of you stop.

@The Hobbit is still quite a new scenario, its about 2 months old.

All Guardian did was make a topic encouriging spotlights again-and alot of you guys have accused him of trying to make himself look better....
But this is a good thread for the whole community, so lets use it properly.

AoMPlayer000
Banned
posted 07 September 2004 05:25 PM EDT (US)     38 / 50       

Quoted from Guardian:

AoMPlayer and auron, I am letting you know from now that I am going to ignore all your posts from now on.

Haha, now that's hilarious. Apart from that I didn't want to ruin the thread, I'm sorry.
Guardian_113
Banned
posted 07 September 2004 05:36 PM EDT (US)     39 / 50       
Its already ruined. Thanks.
AoMPlayer000
Banned
posted 07 September 2004 05:37 PM EDT (US)     40 / 50       
You're welcome. We had fun though, didn't we ? J/k, I'm really sorry.
MaceHead
Mortal
posted 07 September 2004 05:43 PM EDT (US)     41 / 50       
'Nowhere' - the cinematic: I know its not a scenario but it deserves to be in the spotlights.
or maybe it already was?, not sure

otherwise Shilmista it already has 5 4 votes
and..... no need to ignore someone

[This message has been edited by MaceHead (edited 09-07-2004 @ 05:51 PM).]

Auron_
Mortal
posted 07 September 2004 05:51 PM EDT (US)     42 / 50       
oh rite. i totally forgot about Nowhere and The Colliseum. those are really even with shilmista even if they are only cinematics. maybe the mods can held 3 spotlights in one news window?

MaceHead
Mortal
posted 07 September 2004 06:01 PM EDT (US)     43 / 50       
if they get rid of those strategy guides, there is more room to Spotlights design stuff
Kumar Shah
Mortal
posted 07 September 2004 06:11 PM EDT (US)     44 / 50       
Guys please stop arguing/insulting in this thread, it was created for some other purpose and not to have an argument about a scenario or a person/design team or anything else.

Count this as a warning to all here.

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
RiderOfEternity
Mortal
posted 07 September 2004 06:32 PM EDT (US)     45 / 50       
Enough! This thread was not made for the sole purpose of degrading oneanothers scenarios! They don't even have to be scenarios. You should have all read the post, nothing was said about SPs only.
Blaintly put i'm surprised and angered at how you can disgrace yourselves by degrading and insulting a fellow designer such as Guardian. Frankly, you haven't yet played Jared's LSA or Guardian's Birthright so you're in no position to say Guardian has no chance against King Jared or that Birthright will never receive a complete 5.0 rating. I myself have playtested both LSA and Birthright and I can safely say that Birthright is just as good as LSA, if not funner. I am not saying LSA is worse because there is a difference between a campaign and an RPG. I am sure you can all distinguish this difference yourselves.

I have seen the downloads section lately and there are dozons of new files every week! A new scenario does not have to count as something from the last few days. It could be weeks or months. Even 'Heroes of Avalon' was spotlighted a whole month after it was added to the downloads section.

All i'm saying is for you to be more open minded. Degrading other scenarios doesn't help the community.

And even if I39 doesn't count as an LFS project right now I assure you, it is. And we will do anything we can to help eXtinction with his project. In fact I volunteered to help him with textures just the other day.

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG

[This message has been edited by RiderOfEternity (edited 09-07-2004 @ 06:42 PM).]

ElfTheHunter
Mortal
posted 07 September 2004 07:18 PM EDT (US)     46 / 50       
LOL, this was an entertaining read (specially from beginning to end on one sitting)

Anyway, I'd like to suggest one:
The Hunter's Tale Prologue, by ElfTheHunter

j/k

My real suggestion would be Mythos_Ruler's "Peloponnesian War - Titans Edition". Beautiful piece of work... and, not wanting to awake an old subject, yet not wanting it to die the way it did, my thoughts are that Spotlights should include good scenarios, not new good scenarios.

Didn't AoKH actually go back and start spotlighting old classics at one time. But then I'm not suggesting AoMH needs to be like AoKH and that we should do it, just giving my opinions.

Sorceror_Erebus
Mortal
posted 07 September 2004 07:27 PM EDT (US)     47 / 50       
mm i can't be bothered reading all of this .... but i'm dling Kotm now ..
back on topic i vote for Lady Hawke

(`..>σŕęŕŕ Σŕεbś<..)
Professor for the Tsuninversity
Teacher for the NDA
Moderator At Age Quest
CheeZy
Mortal
(id: CheeZy monkey)
posted 07 September 2004 08:54 PM EDT (US)     48 / 50       
I thought Shilmista was already spotlighted?

Wow if I forgot, please slap me in the face Byz That scenario is definatly worth a spot.

(I vote Shilmista)

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----

[This message has been edited by CheeZy (edited 09-07-2004 @ 08:56 PM).]

filmdirector2
Mortal
posted 07 September 2004 09:24 PM EDT (US)     49 / 50       
Rider of Eternity,

Quote:

Birthright is just as good....if not funner

I would believe you except there was one flaw in your speech, "funner" isn't a word.

, just kidding. I totally agree with what you said.

Kumar Shah
Mortal
posted 07 September 2004 11:34 PM EDT (US)     50 / 50       
bye bye Gaurdian...again.

Caught you after all.

closed,

Kumar

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames