You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.31 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Making Scenarios Uncopyable?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Making Scenarios Uncopyable?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
filmdirector2
Mortal
posted 14 January 2005 09:12 PM EDT (US)         
I think I have found a way for people to not take credit for someone else's scenario.

Put in this Triggerage:

Trigger 1:
Condition: Timer ms: 1
Effect: Chat: This scenario was created by (Your name)

Name the following trigger randomely and put it in somewhere randomly where no one will think.

Trigger 2:
Condition: Timer ms: 2
Effect: Clear Chat History

Trigger 3:
Condition: Chat Contains: This scenario was created by (Your name)
Effect: Message: This scenario was created by (Your name).

Trigger 4:
Condition: Chat Does Not Contain: This scenario was created by (Your name)
Effect: Message: Ha ha! Some n00b thought he could take credit for my scenario! Sorry, you can't play a copied a version
Effect 2: Fire Event: Trigger 5

Trigger 5: (Off)
Condition: Timer: 6
Effect: Player 1 wins

AuthorReplies:
Kumar Shah
Mortal
posted 16 January 2005 02:01 AM EDT (US)     26 / 31       
Obviously credits should go to the original creator, but even if it doesn't you can hardly do anything about it.

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
Blitzer_231
Mortal
posted 16 January 2005 02:06 AM EDT (US)     27 / 31       

Quote:

Not really as a violation of copyright but a uhm.. I forgot the word now...

plagirism?
Rip off?

Click HERE if you need a spam blocker!! Click HERE if you love kittens and puppies!!
Click HERE if you believe in logic!! Click HERE if you plan to go outside!!
Anti-Climatic winner of LPW 17
Elpea needs your brain creativity
Gea
Mortal
posted 16 January 2005 05:48 AM EDT (US)     28 / 31       
Well, I must say you have a point there. Perhaps you don't have the copyright (I thought you did, I'm probably wrong in that), but I stick to my opinion that I don't like it if someone would 'steal' my scenario, which I worked on very hard, and says that he made it himself.
You have a point when you say that more people are enjoying it and they don't care who made it. But it isn't that hard to give credit to the one who made it.

Remember this when writing:
Suprise not others, but yourself

[This message has been edited by Gea (edited 01-16-2005 @ 05:49 AM).]

Argalius
Mortal
posted 16 January 2005 08:15 AM EDT (US)     29 / 31       
Well some MP maps are so unballenced that they should be edited no matter what.

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades
Intrepid
Mortal
posted 16 January 2005 02:01 PM EDT (US)     30 / 31       
The most frustrating thing is when others accuse you of stealing the scenario, because they happened to play a copied version first.

There really isnít anything you can do about it though. Most solutions, like passwords are actually worse then the disease they are trying to cure. From my experience the best thing to do is create a scenario that so complex that any changes beside minor aesthetic ones renders the scenario unplayable.

Anastasoulis
Mortal
posted 17 January 2005 04:50 AM EDT (US)     31 / 31       
Hey guys,
In my opinion, it's the moderators job to remove such copies from the site(s) hosted, after notification from the (original) designer.
I think that, apart from the "openess" of Internet and all that- if someone sees his ideas and work continuously STOLEN, then sooner or later he'll be dishearted and leave the community - I know I would.
Of course, I'm not talking about using an idea presented as a guide for others to use. e.g. I'm going to use Aurons excellent idea about bridges and overhead passages in my new project.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames