Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Doom Lords 2
Bottom
Topic Subject:Doom Lords 2
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7  Next Page »
Reinfire
Mortal
posted 08 August 2005 02:47 PM EDT (US)         
OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE : 27 SEPTEMBER 2005

The succes of the first Doom Lords RPG was greater then I could possibly imagine. Doom Lords RPG is a half year old and still widely played on ESO, I am glad that most people like my map (I get reminded of that on ESO in allmost every game I join) So I decided that this great game needs a sequel. I am aware that another guy allready made a map called Doom Lords 2. According to my opinion, his map is of pretty low quality and is more or less a copy of the original, just with other characters, other monsters etc. I hope that people will find my Doom Lords 2 better than his. To avoid confusion on ESO, my Doom Lords 2 will be recognised by the following prefix: ~RF~

So, enough self-esteem for today, this is what the map is about:

Story

6 months after the destruction of the Doom Lord, our heroes (the Knight, the Archer, the Wizard, the Barbarian, the Paladin and the Amazon) are send to Hexa Porta, a city ruled by Tyrund, the brother of Thorin( the lord of Thulgrand, remember the original Doom Lords). It seems like evil has not left every part of the world. But how is this possible? The Doom Lord is dead, is he? Most of his servants fled in terror when he died, but it seems that one dedicated servant seeks to bring his master back from the lands of the dead. If that happens, the world will fall. You must find this servant and kill him before its too late.

Features

The features of this game are even better than those of the first Doom Lords RPG

STORY: Well, I told you the pregame story allready, but during the game, you follow a well-thought storyline The game contains in-game cinematics in which you are given missions which eventually leed you to the spot where the servant is trying to revive the Doom Lord.

TERRAIN: You are probably sick of those RPG's which consists of endless paths of pure grassA with nothing but boring packs of enemies. Doom Lords RPG was allready an improvement on this field, but nothing compared to Doom Lords 2. The paths of this map are made with nicely mixed terrain. I added much eye-candy, the paths are beautified with rocks, trees, buildings and much much more.

BOSS FIGHTS: Boss fights which are just one boring unit with enlarged hp and attack are a thing of the past. The boss fights in Doom Lords 2 are better than in any multiplayer RPG I have seen so far. The boss fights in Doom Lords 2 contain multiple parts. In all 3 boss fights in this map you have to do something first before you actually fight the boss(es). You first have to destroy a portal which summons demons from the underworld, have to defend a scientist till he is finished analysing some runes etc etc

CHARACTERS: The same characters as in Doom Lords RPG are used. The level ups are similar. A new feature is that the characters learn to temporary transform into a more powerfull unit (a myth unit)

SHOP: The map is so designed that you return to Hexa Porta several times during the game. In Doom Lords 2, not all items from the shop are available at start, you have to unlock them by finishing the missions you get.

Screenies

The Start
Hexa Porta 1
Hexa Porta 2
Hexa Porta 3
Campers
More Campers
A peculiar object
a lovely forest
A sacred place
Not the best town to live in
The Doom Lord's pit

Playtesters

FINAL PLAYTEST ROUND - Monday 26 september 7 pm GMT
No sign in required, all welcome

Got questions? Ask me

Reinfire
--Retired Scenario Designer--
Everybody needs to beleive in something. I beleive I will have another beer

[This message has been edited by Reinfire (edited 09-25-2005 @ 03:06 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
TitanHeart
Banned
posted 25 September 2005 01:02 PM EDT (US)     126 / 161       
If i'd recieved an email with the scenario AS PLANNED, I would have come.
Hessu
Mortal
posted 25 September 2005 01:23 PM EDT (US)     127 / 161       
Why you just didn't show up. One email don't change anything.

_____
/Hessu\
/My scenarios\~
________*-(_)------(_)--*^________
PROUD MEMBER OF TSUNAMI STUDIOS
game_master64
Mortal
posted 25 September 2005 01:46 PM EDT (US)     128 / 161       
He forgot to send that one. You also didn't come for this one.
Reinfire
Mortal
posted 25 September 2005 03:04 PM EDT (US)     129 / 161       
My private life got a little busyer than I expected so it wasnt ready for playtest 1 hour before the planned time. My apologies for that

Tomorrow on 7pm GMT I will hold the final playtest, I hope you can be there (everyone is welcome). When that goes well I will submit the file to the DL-section a day ahead of scedule

Kumar please hurry in adding it to the DL-section when I have send it. (sometimes it takes a week before you put it in)

Reinfire
Mephiles
Mortal
(id: Titan602)
posted 25 September 2005 03:11 PM EDT (US)     130 / 161       
I won't be able to playtest ever.

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
game_master64
Mortal
posted 25 September 2005 04:44 PM EDT (US)     131 / 161       
A better time may be an hour later, for any students that may have signed up.
TitanHeart
Banned
posted 26 September 2005 02:55 PM EDT (US)     132 / 161       
The last playtest was a faliure.

Due to an idiot called CoM_GuthixLegend.

Reinfire
Mortal
posted 26 September 2005 03:39 PM EDT (US)     133 / 161       
Perhaps a failure to you, but a succes for me. And BTW, tomorrow I will add triggers which disables the shop during cinematics

Tomorrow I will send it to the DL section

Reinfire
TitanHeart
Banned
posted 26 September 2005 03:43 PM EDT (US)     134 / 161       
Fine. You quit after I did though. You went offline.
Oscar
Mortal
posted 27 September 2005 02:47 AM EDT (US)     135 / 161       

Quote:

I will add triggers which disables the shop during cinematics

great thing!!

BTW: this map is awesome, I've had the possibility by a chance to test it entirely (except for the final boss ) and I can say that is surely one of the best map to play online ever done.

RAF The Dragon Cult Empires Fallen City AOM TT SCIPIO 1.1 LOTB The Lost Legion The Guardians Adventurers 1&2&3
Proud member of no ****ing clan
_
_|_|_
|_|_|_|
|_|

rest in peace Compy (February 2001, May 2006)
Scenario Editor Screens

[This message has been edited by Oscar (edited 09-27-2005 @ 02:48 AM).]

Reinfire
Mortal
posted 27 September 2005 03:07 AM EDT (US)     136 / 161       
Thank you Oscar

UPDATE:

Im sending the file to the dl section NOW. Wow, it feels good. I havent send anything to the dl-section for more than 7 months

KUMAR, UPDATE THE DL-SECTION NOW PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!

Reinfire

[This message has been edited by Reinfire (edited 09-27-2005 @ 12:32 PM).]

Out Reach
Mortal
(id: newreach268)
posted 28 September 2005 10:44 AM EDT (US)     137 / 161       
WOOT ITS THERE lol this requires caps locks :P well done reinfire this map seemed to be cursed with the computer crash failing ma whatever and all the noob coppies. lets just hope that the noobs believe the truth

Well done

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
Oscar
Mortal
posted 02 October 2005 02:55 PM EDT (US)     138 / 161       
Yesterday I finally succeed playing the final version and I have to thanks you to have reported my nick among the playters

btw:
!!! BUG ALERT BUG ALERT !!!

In the ending part the way of the 6th characters is surrounded by a terrain composed by a mix of walkable hades terrain and hades cliff. The problem is that sometimes the enemy minotaurs hurl the trasformed heroes (that have turned into mythic units) on the hades terrain and the areas covered by the hades cliff terrain don't let them to come back. They remain stuck...

RAF The Dragon Cult Empires Fallen City AOM TT SCIPIO 1.1 LOTB The Lost Legion The Guardians Adventurers 1&2&3
Proud member of no ****ing clan
_
_|_|_
|_|_|_|
|_|

rest in peace Compy (February 2001, May 2006)
Scenario Editor Screens

[This message has been edited by Oscar (edited 10-02-2005 @ 02:57 PM).]

AoMPlayer000
Banned
posted 02 October 2005 02:58 PM EDT (US)     139 / 161       
I left a few comments at the DL section . They may sounds a bit negative, but I had fun playing it (two times) .
Reinfire
Mortal
posted 02 October 2005 05:20 PM EDT (US)     140 / 161       
Tnx Oscar and AoMPlayer000

But AomPlayer, please know that with RPG's on multiplayer, the level ups never go exactly at the same rate as those of other characters. It doesnt just depends on how good the designer made the characters, it also depends on how someone uses the character and of course luck. If you get lucky and allways giving the finishing blow to an enemy when multiple people are hacking in on it, you get level ups faster. Plus, the character that leads the group when attaching a bunch of enemys, draws all the fire from ranged units and has to fall back quick to regain health, while the others get just as fast kills while losing less hp and can fight longer. Off course I know that units with a slow attack speed are more likely to make an overkill than units with fast attack speed, and thus more likely to waste attack power on those overkills. The Amazon however gains a quantity-bonus on lvl 15, making it the most powerfull character on high levels. Off course you know that when the balance gets a little disturbed at start, it will only grow larger and larger.

BTW Oscar tnx for telling me about the bug. In not all to long time I will update the file with some more bugs taken out. (I will eliminate the minotaur special attack)

Reinfire
Fred_510
Mortal
posted 02 October 2005 06:23 PM EDT (US)     141 / 161       
hey, I played the new doom lords and my team won! it took an hour and 5 minutes, and the Amazon was a computer by accident, but it still turned out well (I was the Paladin)
Fred_510
Mortal
posted 02 October 2005 06:29 PM EDT (US)     142 / 161       
lol, sorry about the double-post, but it's worth mentioning that a minotaur hurled a guy's anubite up on a cliff, and we got if off because the unfaithful servent was chasing down one of our people (barbarian I think) and he ran all the way near the begginging of the black lands (where the anubite was stuck) and the anubite jumped and attacked him. lol, greatest scenario i ever played
AoMPlayer000
Banned
posted 03 October 2005 05:39 AM EDT (US)     143 / 161       
^ Edit button.

Quote:

It doesnt just depends on how good the designer made the characters, it also depends on how someone uses the character and of course luck.

Well... Of course, but you see, I played the game two times and there was always a significant disadvantage to the Amazon, and people told me this was normal, too.
I mean, it can of course be luck and different skills or strategies of the players, but the fact that the same phenomenon occurs over and over makes this very unlikely .

On a sidenote: Yes, the Amazon gets more powerful later on... Too powerful . It's almost twice as strong in the latest levels than the other characters.

My conclusion: I do believe that you as the designer can influence this balance.

[This message has been edited by Grün (edited 10-03-2005 @ 05:40 AM).]

tinytomthumb
Mortal
posted 03 October 2005 02:18 PM EDT (US)     144 / 161       
let me start by saying, great rpg!

also i have found a problem.
u know at the start where the rock falls down. if u press the locate hero button when coosing the difficulty u can command ur guy to the other side of the rock. this could b solved by invisible walls

he he nice to c the cheat roc in their lol, i looked in the triggers and found the cheat. srry

game_master64
Mortal
posted 03 October 2005 05:04 PM EDT (US)     145 / 161       
If that roc was in there you either played a playtest version or someone has already edited this map.
Reinfire
Mortal
posted 03 October 2005 06:00 PM EDT (US)     146 / 161       
Hmm, I thought i had crammed an invisible wall between it. Another improvement for Doom Lords 2.1 Thank you

Reinfire
TrituateXH53
Mortal
posted 03 October 2005 10:36 PM EDT (US)     147 / 161       
Great map Reinfire! Keep up the good work!

Mephiles
Mortal
(id: Titan602)
posted 04 October 2005 10:38 AM EDT (US)     148 / 161       
It's a good idea to put in the topic, DOWNLOAD HERE!

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
Reinfire
Mortal
posted 04 October 2005 02:07 PM EDT (US)     149 / 161       
Check my signature

Reinfire
tinytomthumb
Mortal
posted 04 October 2005 02:25 PM EDT (US)     150 / 161       
its a cheat reinfire sneacked into his game... it was also in doomlords 1.

if player 1 types god gimme a bird then a roc appears at the start of the game.

i give reinfire permission to edit this if he dont want others to know although its pretty easy to find out, i would sugest u hide it amongst other triggers rein.

(im not sure if u can edit other peoples post i neva tried)

[This message has been edited by tinytomthumb (edited 10-04-2005 @ 02:28 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames