You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.54 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Announcement: ~ DOC.4: The Lords of the Shadows ~
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Announcement: ~ DOC.4: The Lords of the Shadows ~
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
dwieeb
Mortal
posted 01 October 2005 04:32 PM EDT (US)         

Single Scenario for Age of Mythology the Titans

Involved Designers: DWIEEB

Type of Gameplay:

Just a regular scenario

Story (Continuing from Guegurmoth's Post:
Note: I really think you should take the time to read this if you plan to play any of the DOC. Otherwise you might get lost

Guegurmoth's Post-
A few years ago, a summoner called Hefichi attempted to conquer the Western Cities.
At his side he had 7 disiples. They were his apprentices and would accomplish his every
will. But when he called them to burn the city down, killing thousands of innocent men, women
and children, three of them diclined. Hefichi cursed them with a terrible curse. The three
could not live if Hefichi was dead. The other four disiples fought and severly wounded the
three, then they carried out the Dark Summoner's deeds. The three warriors, Jaidon, Heriggo,
and Armehh, now must stop the dark forces from conquering all of Ommech. Their first task
was to speak with King Garius, of the Northerners, to ask his help in saving Ommech. He
accepted and provided a small fleet. The three were commanded to take out Guegurmoth's
Post, which guarded the now corrupt Western Cities...

Then the story from Reign of Agbar-
King Garius called upon the three warriors to travel to the Western Cities, not far from
Guegurmoth's Post. They came upon the city and saw the horror that they had fled from 2
years ago. Agbar, one of Hefichi's great disiples, ruled over the city with an iron fist.
Armehh, Heriggo, and Jaidon looked upon the burnt city outside the gates of Agbar's palace.
Everything was gone from the outside city, the fortresses, the farms, and the houses. Yet
people of this city still survived, and suffered. Agbar locked the palace's great gates, to
anyone outside. His dock was the source of imports that he relied on. Agbar, and the lucky
soldiers inside those gates were not allowed to exit the great gates. Inside the gates,
a once great city is forgotten, the Senate building laid untouched for years, as
dictatorship came in. The capitol just sits there, as decay and mold seep in. Agbar's
palace is quite the opposite, it stands majesticly in the center of the city. Your mission
is kill the one who made the outsiders suffer, kill the one who keeps things to himself,
kill Agbar, Hefichi's disiple, and return democracy and freedom throughout the West...

Then the story from Snotbeard and Hammerfoot-
Among the once seven disiples, two were the last to join the band. They were once fair
merchants off the Eastern Coast. Slowly, their businesses declined into piracy, and the
two were feared throughout all of Ommech. Once word reached the ears of Hefichi...he sent
his five loyal disiples to gather in the last two, Snotbeard and Hammerfoot. These two were
eager to join...but they soon saw what real evil was. When time came to burn an entire city
down...one of the largest cities in all of Ommech. Three of the seven diclined. Hefichi
then cursed the three and ordered his remaining 4 to do the same. Agbar and the other
disiple made sure that the three could barely escape with their lives. Then Snotbeard and
Hammerfoot watched as thousands of people died, cowardice holding them back from stopping
them. Now the two friends have been staying at the southern tip of Ommech. Farthest away
from anything. They stay there, running their own villages. They dread the day their
sworn master will ask them to leave the towns, and join him again, and continue on the
summoner's dark tasks...

The story of The Lords of the Shadows-

Hefichi is left with only one disiple. This one has been the first disiple since Hefichi
even started to gather in his loyal servants. This disiple is said to be the daughter of
the Dark Summoner. She was once a kind girl, who lived with her mother in the south.
When her mother was killed, she was put into the hands of her hated father. She came to
Hefichi when she was 16, and he was horrible to her. She soon ran away from her father
and came back to the southern tip, where her mother was once housed. An elderly man named
Kaanik intreduced himself to her. He explained to her his home, a tower in the southern tip,
and she became interested in what the tower was there for. Kaanik told her that his mother
was the Kauur of this tower, or protector. The Kauur was sworn to protect the tower with
his/her life, in exchange, the protector would get unspeakable powers. Kaanik trained her
in sorcery, and she was quick, and eager to learn. When she was 18, she owned the title of
the new Kauur of the Tower of Valhallina. In later years, she was visited by a most familiar
face, her father, Hefichi. The new Kauur took her responsibility, and attacked her father.
Hefichi was too quick, with one quick dash, Hefichi disappeared and reappeared behind her,
he then attacked her, killing her. She fell to the ground, and Hefichi walked out of the
tower. Her soul was split in two, just as her parents did in their marriage, and one half
stayed with her mother and the other joined her father. The mother's half stayed in the
tower, to haunt until the next Kauur is chosen, and when the next Kauur was chosen, her good soul left the tower. Her father's half, walked in a corpse,
dressed in a gothic dress, always at his side, always loyal.
Arr!

Features:

• New Music changed because it didn't work
  • Nothing special, just finishing up a series

Needs:

• Playtesters

Screenshots:

• Great Hall
  • Temple
  • Big Tree
  • Tower of the Arch Angel
  • Gold Mine
  • Military Academy (look closly, I really like this one)
  • Residential Areas
  • Temple(again)
  • Tower of the Arch Angel (full view)
  • Hefichi's tower view 1
  • Hefichi's tower view 2
  • Hefichi's tower view 3
  • Hefichi's tower view 4

Progress: Map: 100% Triggers: 64%

Estimated Release Date: October 31st

Playtesters:

Note to playtesters - please tell me your email addresses. If you want to keep it a secret from the public, send me an email and I will reply with the scenario when it is completed. My email address is listed in my signature. Thank you!

• game_master64
  • Rabid_Potatoe
  • ChonKatarn
  • Pepsidude_123
  • open
  • open
  • open
  • open

[This message has been edited by DWIEEB (edited 10-11-2005 @ 06:59 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Sandro The Wicke
    Mortal
    posted 01 October 2005 04:36 PM EDT (US)     1 / 54       
    Looking good as always DWIEEB!

SANDRO THE WICKE
    /\/}{The Broken One}{\/\
    A Mind Shattered Upon Time As The Fragments Of Sharpened Stone Upon Darkened Void
    {|What Is Wisdom Not But What We Make It To Be|}...
    TTWDD|Current Sites|PSD
    Shot 1 Shot 2 Shot 3|Best Eyecandy Shots|Shot 4 Shot 5 Shot 6
    RiderOfEternity
    Mortal
    posted 01 October 2005 05:49 PM EDT (US)     2 / 54       
    Some might epic screens there. I don't think I've ever said that before for AOM scens

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
    game_master64
    Mortal
    posted 01 October 2005 06:10 PM EDT (US)     3 / 54       
    I may be able to help with the playtesting, maby.
    dwieeb
    Mortal
    posted 01 October 2005 06:35 PM EDT (US)     4 / 54       
    Thanks guys!

@game_master - I'll put you down for a playtester

Swift Sampson
    Mortal
    posted 01 October 2005 09:25 PM EDT (US)     5 / 54       
    Look's great Dwieeb, I might consider playtesting if I find I have enough time (going back to school tommorow).

Looks great.

Reverie World Studios
    .:°.- Swift Sampson - .°:.
    My custom AoM-TT Menu Backround
    Member of Liquid Fire Studios | My AoM / AoE3 Eyecandy Screens | The Rise of Zeus
    Rabid_Potatoe
    Mortal
    posted 02 October 2005 06:46 AM EDT (US)     6 / 54       
    Can I playtest it?

Rabid Potatoe Is The Win.
    ChonKatarn
    Mortal
    posted 02 October 2005 07:26 AM EDT (US)     7 / 54       
    I wouldn't mind playtesting...

~Dedicated Leader of~
    Kalos Designs Studio
    "A new epoch in Age of Mythology Design"

"He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has."

dwieeb
    Mortal
    posted 02 October 2005 11:23 AM EDT (US)     8 / 54       
    Done and done.

Note - Some of the screenshots listed will look different when you download them because of some minor changes. yay!

[This message has been edited by DWIEEB (edited 10-02-2005 @ 11:25 AM).]

Sandro The Wicke
    Mortal
    posted 02 October 2005 12:56 PM EDT (US)     9 / 54       
    Yeah like the archangel tower thingy.
    Note: Sandro The Wicke is the first person to see this before it was released to the public.

SANDRO THE WICKE
    /\/}{The Broken One}{\/\
    A Mind Shattered Upon Time As The Fragments Of Sharpened Stone Upon Darkened Void
    TTWDD|Current Sites|PSD
    Rabid_Potatoe
    Mortal
    posted 02 October 2005 01:23 PM EDT (US)     10 / 54       
    Lucky you. But why boast about it?

Edit:

And thank you for adding me, DWIEB

[This message has been edited by Rabid_Potatoe (edited 10-02-2005 @ 01:24 PM).]

game_master64
    Mortal
    posted 02 October 2005 01:31 PM EDT (US)     11 / 54       
    My email is in my profile.
    dwieeb
    Mortal
    posted 02 October 2005 02:05 PM EDT (US)     12 / 54       
    Ah, so it is.
    papaya
    ಠ_ಠ
    (id: X_MOSS)
    posted 02 October 2005 02:36 PM EDT (US)     13 / 54       
    DWIEEB, I like you pics, I hope this scenario turns out good. I must admit I haven't played any of the DOC's yet, but by the looks of them, maybe I should!

oh you can wait for what I can give
    you know what I am so you know how I live
    try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
    its happening now and it’s always been like this.
    Oscar
    Mortal
    posted 02 October 2005 03:02 PM EDT (US)     14 / 54       

Quote:

Some might epic screens there

RAF The Dragon Cult Empires Fallen City AOM TT SCIPIO 1.1 LOTB The Lost Legion The Guardians Adventurers 1&2&3
    Proud member of no ****ing clan
    _
    _|_|_
    |_|_|_|
    |_|

rest in peace Compy (February 2001, May 2006)
    Scenario Editor Screens
    dwieeb
    Mortal
    posted 02 October 2005 07:52 PM EDT (US)     15 / 54       
    Thanks Oscar! But yours are like uber epic
    Rabid_Potatoe
    Mortal
    posted 04 October 2005 10:55 AM EDT (US)     16 / 54       
    I admire your patience in placing all those manors

dwieeb
    Mortal
    posted 04 October 2005 05:33 PM EDT (US)     17 / 54       
    Yeah, I'm quite worried that it might lag alot when people with slower computers play it

If you think that's alot, take a look at this (I went a little crazy)

game_master64
    Mortal
    posted 04 October 2005 08:21 PM EDT (US)     18 / 54       
    only one thing can be said about that last one. HOLY CRAP! i bet your hands where sore after that one.
    dwieeb
    Mortal
    posted 04 October 2005 11:51 PM EDT (US)     19 / 54       
    Just a little...and all those manors you see on the streets have personal yards and details, and stuff like that.

BTW - I am about 58% done (total). I'll definatly be done by the 31st and before that, I'll add in a lot of secret spots and stuff like that.

Slickman_G
    Mortal
    posted 05 October 2005 11:21 AM EDT (US)     20 / 54       
    Great Screens, needs a bit of touching up, some of the mass manoring is a bit, untidy in places, it kind of ruins the effect. Maybe some more terrain mixing needed in places.

Other than that, great work!

(¯`·.`•.¸¸.•°°•.¸¸.•`.·´¯)
    (°¸.·`«Slick G»`·.¸°)
    (¯`·.`•.¸¸.••.¸¸.•`.·´¯)

[This message has been edited by slickman_g (edited 10-05-2005 @ 11:23 AM).]

dwieeb
    Mortal
    posted 07 October 2005 11:04 AM EDT (US)     21 / 54       
    Thanks! Ok, I'll check for untidy spots in the manors and touch it up a bit!
    Rabid_Potatoe
    Mortal
    posted 07 October 2005 01:42 PM EDT (US)     22 / 54       
    My E-Mail is nathan_woodward@blueyonder.co.uk

dwieeb
    Mortal
    posted 08 October 2005 05:32 PM EDT (US)     23 / 54       
    Thanks guys. I did some major, like major progress and I think it's safe to say I am about 84% done with the whole scenario. I do fear I might be a little repetitive, but I think it's pretty fun
    Sandro The Wicke
    Mortal
    posted 08 October 2005 05:39 PM EDT (US)     24 / 54       
    Hey Dwieeb how much percentage did you finish on triggering and map desinging?

never mind forget I asked

SANDRO THE WICKE
    /\/}{The Broken One}{\/\
    TTWDD|Current Sites|PSD

[This message has been edited by Sandro The Wicke (edited 10-08-2005 @ 06:20 PM).]

dwieeb
    Mortal
    posted 08 October 2005 06:18 PM EDT (US)     25 / 54       
    100% map, 53% triggers
    « Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames