Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.32 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Virus warning
Bottom
Topic Subject:Virus warning
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Anastasoulis
Mortal
posted 19 October 2005 02:53 AM EDT (US)         
hey guys,
I'm working on my virus scenario and this is the map so far (strategic map):

Now I've run into a problem, when I tried to use enlarged taproots for the bones, but the enlargement screws them up and they don't appear right. Now, I want to place the bone-rib cage structure before I fill in the interior with more terrain. Any suggestions on what else to use?
The veins are represented with low water-filled Hades forest, and the lighting is red, to give you more info.

Other comment, working with mummies as the virus, I found that the enemy is either too weak and will be destroyed when enough force is gathered, or too strong and will overun everything if it reaches the heart area. So now I'm planning to reduce the number of mummies and use Argus and Hydras for the virus mutation ~i.e. to give the player a big fight on his hands.
Any suggestions on "administered medicine" ?
~i.e. when the player (Thor) reaches 100 favour, to receive some bonus units -but not heroes.
I hope you RPGers out there will like a simple B&D game which will pose some strategy questions on how to deal with the enemy ~and this is my progress so far.

regards

George

the Elder
"imagination is more important than knowledge."
Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by Anastasoulis (edited 10-19-2005 @ 03:00 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Slickman_G
Mortal
posted 22 October 2005 12:07 PM EDT (US)     26 / 32       
Here is something for you Anastasoulis, remember after the release of Anathema, when you were saying how people didnt like Build and destroy?

Look at this poll form AOEIII Heaven.....

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/polls/index.php?dispid=32

I know its on AOEIII Heaven but i thought it would be encouraging for you

(`.`....`.)
(.`Slick G`.)
(`.`....`.)

[This message has been edited by slickman_g (edited 10-22-2005 @ 12:07 PM).]

Anastasoulis
Mortal
posted 24 October 2005 04:19 AM EDT (US)     27 / 32       
guys, guys, I really thank you for your input.
Workin' on it during the weekend, I've decided to make in fact 2 scenarios, both played from 2 ends ~ the body and the virus. The 1st scenario is like a big battle, where the player faces Mummies, Hydras, and Arguses (Io Guardians), all produced via the Mummy's minions.
The second scenario, which is in the planning stage, features again a Mummy type attack, but periodically the mummies change to villagers. The trick is, that Player 2 has also villagers moving around along with Player 3's villagers (disguised Mummies) -following some bird (as per the excellent find presented by the masters in another thread). Every so often, comp player's 3 villagers will turn to mummies again and attack making more minions, which again after some time will change to villagers to continue their moving routine and spreading throughout the body. The catch is, that the Player's diplomacy towards comp P2 and P3 will be neutral, so that he can attack the Norse villagers ~who have the same colour and same civ name !!! So the player will be able to attack any villie he wishes, BUT... if P2 pop falls below a number, the player will also lose -barring he didn't lose his HEART (TCs) and/or BRAIN (Koth Temple).
I think, that this situation is somewhat interesting, what say you?

Now answers to each one of the persons who honoured me with their replies, individually:

@ battlestarooo
I'm already made a ribcage using gaia taproots, so the player won't have any LOS, but then they don't appear during play -unless "individually" when a player unit goes near to one of them. So I deleted.

@ newreach268
OK, now I get the Lambades~antibodys idea. Pretty good, I'll try to see how it works in game.

@Xdaamno
Sorry, I know about brain dead, but I've decided that brain dead = you lose. It's a good way for the player to protect also the Koth Temple at the head, instead of concetrating only on the chest and abdomen areas.

@ battlestarooo

Quote:

I think upgrading T-cells and phagocytes would be better, and buying new antibody types so virus invasions would be detected as soon as they enter the body.

The way the mechanics work right now, will do. The player will have to build ulfsarks, throwing axemen and perhaps raiding cavalry and housekarls, upgrade them and then attack en masse to kill the monster/virus. I think this is a good representation of the way it works, plus it makes for a hell of a battle.

@ Hessu
Thanks for encouraging the idea.
The fallen columns idea of yours is a pretty good one (hmmm, why didn't I think of that?) I'll try out and see how it works.

@ slickman_g
Yes, the poll form AOEIII Heaven shows that people prefer B&D games. But that only means then, that the ANATHEMA scenario was no good. Oh well... c'est la vie (that's life)
I hope I will improve and do better with this VIRUS scenario, not that I care about ratings - but I do care to make stuff that people will find enjoyable to play and have many people DLing. That's the only acknowledgment I'd like.

thanks all again for your great ideas.

best regards

George

P.S. this is turning out to be a great brain storming session, and I will now have to include all of you in the credits ~ as I feel that it's more of a team effort (wow, me part of a design team?)

the Elder
Albert Einstein
Oscar
Mortal
posted 24 October 2005 04:37 AM EDT (US)     28 / 32       
It looks very promising
Anastasoulis
Mortal
posted 24 October 2005 04:58 AM EDT (US)     29 / 32       
thanks Oscar, I'm going to DL your campaign as soon as it comes out.

regards

the Elder
Albert Einstein
battlestarooo
Mortal
posted 25 October 2005 03:42 PM EDT (US)     30 / 32       
you mean you want LOS for rib cages? then bury some unit right underneath the ribs and tilt em 180 degrees so they won't be seen, but they'll give you the LOS.
Hessu
Mortal
posted 25 October 2005 03:53 PM EDT (US)     31 / 32       
One word...

revealer

Anastasoulis
Mortal
posted 26 October 2005 03:02 AM EDT (US)     32 / 32       
thanks guys for telling me how to have LOS to the taproot ribcage, cause I thought that it'd be simpler to place the taproots belonging to the player.
But like I've written, that "ribcage" obstracts the view and I'm not sure if the people will like it, have to test and see how it works, but that'll be after I completely finish the map.

regards

the Elder
Albert Einstein
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames