You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.82 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » hey Microsoft and Ensemble, do you hear?
Bottom
Topic Subject:hey Microsoft and Ensemble, do you hear?
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
Anastasoulis
Mortal
posted 27 October 2005 04:20 AM EDT (US)         
I think that the AoM game didn't receive the deserved attention from ESO, and it has been an in between project ~ in between AoE's games.
There was only one cd expansion the Atlanteans which moved the game to the Titan level. Other than that, any advances made to the game, where made notable due to the efforts of such individuals as Reyk (I'm only naming him because of the editor), and many many others whose names I don't want to list - lest I forget anyone.
I remember that the other game I liked a lot and played for 1 year, Cossacks, which wasn't such a big hit, issued also an expansion (really just a mod with some extra units), plus offered a cd collection of many many "best" scenarios made by people in the forum. Then CossacksII came out that was a big rebamp of the game and I think it was based on a mod made by some forum group of designers.

So what's the point of this "no point" thread?
There are approx. 20-30 of us guys who keep busy in this forum and working on various stuff, plus there's another 10-20 guys "passing by" at all times. The work produced by this Internet Clan, in my opinion, is very creative and good enough that it could be "circulated" for a minimum price by the company. All this could/should be done with an auto-installation as per standard upgrades.
Why should they do that?
BECAUSE THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE WHO BUY THESE GAMES, DON'T FOLLOW THE INTERNET FORUMS, DON'T DL STUFF AND DON'T KNOW HOW TO INSTALL VARIOUS OTHER THINGS.

For the sales stimulation and to keep the game going for another year or so. Proof for my point, is the AoK forum that still goes on strong.

Just some thoughts I wanted to share...

regards

the Elder
"imagination is more important than knowledge."
Albert Einstein
AuthorReplies:
Anastasoulis
Mortal
posted 08 November 2005 04:48 AM EDT (US)     76 / 82       
hey guys, in my previous post I believe that I present a strong argument on the fact that ESO needs the forumers and listens to what they say. The thing is, that they only care for specific things in order to fix their games for the "wider public". Money, money, money all they care about.
It's true that people who are active/follow the forums of each game are very few in numbers so their opinion is negligible, or isn't it? I think not, cause if the company didn't have them, they'd be "blind" marketing their products and would have to resort to marketing research to find out stuff, so WE SAVE THEM MONEY AND HELP IMPROVING THEIR PRODUCTS!!!
As to choosing/nominating someone to voice our opinion to ESO, I don't think it's a laughing matter ~ but I guess you have to have a "democratic perspective in life" to understand this, so hard to understand such a proposal and it's benefits.

regards

the Elder
"imagination is more important than knowledge."
Albert Einstein
KingOfTheHill
Mortal
posted 08 November 2005 06:19 AM EDT (US)     77 / 82       
X -- Want something in return.

Y -- Have nothing to "return back"

Z -- Contend as it is, for the time being.

Note: X is Anas & Co. Y is ES/MS & Z is newbie.

In the beginning, all is 'Z' then becomes 'X' upon time.

Question now is --> what about the 'Y'...?

Y = persistency, inventiveness, creativity, zealotry, patience, wisdom & most of all courage.

Y is you

Y is ES/MS

The main problem is not all about these actually or whatever it was. I mean 'Piracy' have no face. You & me, we are all caught within it. Thus affecting potential in churning out at least a modest income.

Mythos_Ruler
Mortal
posted 09 November 2005 11:48 AM EDT (US)     78 / 82       
Rabid_Potatoe
Mortal
posted 10 November 2005 02:38 PM EDT (US)     79 / 82       
The people at aoe3h don't seem to be very nice do they?

Rabid Potatoe Is The Win.
Nodgene
Mortal
posted 11 November 2005 05:42 AM EDT (US)     80 / 82       
0AD is NO AoM/AoE3!

And king... What are you rambling on about?

"That's your excuse for everything... Someone's either pregnant or a communist."
Protecting the public from the Christian Taliban since forever.
KingOfTheHill
Mortal
posted 11 November 2005 08:09 AM EDT (US)     81 / 82       
Didn't mean to ramble tho... just bumping things around, well umm thanks for the concern I think*! You guys made your point, if not in a well versed & mannerism.

Now you the reason, why most of ES staff are trying hard to minimized they're lenght of stay here at AoM.Heavengames in particular.

They simply don't know how to react (apart from setting up AgeCommunity as per continuity).

Idea. Maybe ES/MS could somehow issue some sort of acknowledgement/certification as supporting document if any of you decided to plunge into game development/PC engineering type of career. MS could say something like "Hey this dude ROXORS, I strongly recommend you to take on this guy" something like that.

Mythos_Ruler
Mortal
posted 11 November 2005 06:59 PM EDT (US)     82 / 82       

Quoted from Nodgene:

0AD is NO AoM/AoE3!

Then we have succeeded. Thanks for the compliment.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames