Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.30 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Chess
Bottom
Topic Subject:Chess
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
papaya
ಠ_ಠ
(id: X_MOSS)
posted 28 October 2005 12:03 PM EDT (US)         
Ok, so I have been considering making a chess scenario for a long time now, but with school and sports I havenít had much time. So Iíll cut right to the chase, if I were to make a chess scenario, how many people would play it? I have already decided which triggers I would need to use and what units, but I donít want to waste my time making it if nobody will play. So I would like to see a raise of hands of who would like to play. Also note it would most likely be a couple of months before its done.

~Papaya

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but youíre not in the slightest
its happening now and itís always been like this.
AuthorReplies:
Out Reach
Mortal
(id: newreach268)
posted 29 October 2005 03:20 PM EDT (US)     26 / 30       
its not inpossible just very hard. only someone who found triggering the same thing multiple times would would complete it in reasonble time, but it is possible.

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
V01ture
Mortal
posted 30 October 2005 01:24 PM EDT (US)     27 / 30       
I really like your idea Arch.
Shrink
on the trender train
posted 30 October 2005 02:25 PM EDT (US)     28 / 30       
I thought of a way to trigger it, and then Arch goes and presents an entire brilliant idea.

Anyway, this is how I think it is possible:
(This is probably overly complicated, but it should work )

You would play by clicking a chess piece, and then clicking on the 'square' where you want it to move to.
The piece would then move, or teleport, to that space.

You would need a QV for every piece for every square. Pawn1=1 would mean that the pawn is on square A1. It would have many, many QVs, for Pawn1=14 (which might be C3), etc, etc.

So, you select the unit, and IF the piece is on A1, then it will only move if you (let's assume it is a castle) click on any of the 1 squares, or any of the A squares. It cannot move further than where another piece is, so it cannot jump. Therefore, you need to take into account IF Pawn1=9, the castle cannot move forward any spaces, so if you click on them nothing happens.

You 'select' empty squares by having a Titan Gate or something similar on them. What this is is turned into a cinematic block if and when the square is occupied.

Naturally, all chess pieces would need zero speed and zero range, etc.

I do think I have explained this terribly, but it would work, and it would require a billion and half triggers.

I would play it.

And sure, add in mountains and fields and trees, as long as you have the 8x8 grid working.

[This message has been edited by Shrink (edited 10-30-2005 @ 02:27 PM).]

Archaeopterix
Mortal
posted 30 October 2005 02:31 PM EDT (US)     29 / 30       
Unit selected doesn't work on eso though, and scripting or triggering AI for SP is even more work :P I'm sure there's a different way to task units though.
papaya
ಠ_ಠ
(id: X_MOSS)
posted 30 October 2005 02:49 PM EDT (US)     30 / 30       
@Shrink: That was my plan from the start, but I was going to use falgs on each square. But now I got a better idea, I could invent a new board game, a combination of everything said here in this thread.

@All the people that gave me ideas: Keep posting away about your favorite board game, what you want to see in a board game, etc.

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but youíre not in the slightest
its happening now and itís always been like this.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames