You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.43 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Last... Stand... of... Atlantis?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Last... Stand... of... Atlantis?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
The God of Gods
Mortal
posted 22 April 2006 08:44 AM EDT (US)         
Yes, I know Jared said he'd finish it someday, but waiting for over a year is a bit too long for me and the campaign seems just awesome.

http://kj.outer-heaven.net/aom/lsa/

Let's all encourage (and push) Jared to finish it!

Oh and btw, Jared, don't forget to make a backup of all the splendid work you've done so far!

• Me = Guardian of Isis/The God of Gods.
  • All my projects are Kronos' Revenge (DL), Dark City (DL), Legends of the Third Age (FotR) | (TTT: 99%) | (RotK: On hold).
  • Check my Site and Guestbook.

MEMBER OF LIQUID FIRE STUDIOS
  • [This message has been edited by The God of Gods (edited 04-22-2006 @ 08:45 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
    Slickman_G
    Mortal
    posted 22 April 2006 09:16 AM EDT (US)     1 / 43       
    Meh, he wont finish it:

Quoted from Jared:

LSA isn't finished so the modpack's not released. It's not really that good, anyway.

This doesn't look like he will continue. I remember in his announcement thread, we all badgered him to finish it...to no avail

(¯`·.`•.¸¸.•°°•.¸¸.•`.·´¯)
    (°¸.·`«Slick G»`·.¸°)
    (¯`·.`•.¸¸.••.¸¸.•`.·´¯)
    Gerbs
    Mortal
    (id: gerbil30)
    posted 22 April 2006 09:35 AM EDT (US)     2 / 43       
    Yeah, KJ was an arse and never finished it .

i will only complicate you - trust in me and fall as well
    I Love Bananas
    Mortal
    posted 22 April 2006 09:41 AM EDT (US)     3 / 43       
    *Pushes Jared*

It seems cool!

†

Sweet baby maizes!
    jml
    Mortal
    posted 22 April 2006 10:22 AM EDT (US)     4 / 43       
    Jared is good.
    Some of you might know about this, but if you don't and wanna see some of his, check this cine out, one of my favorite always: ( Now, where is it...? )

Scenario
    Music ( don't skip it )

MagmaLord
    Mortal
    (id: darkdude)
    posted 22 April 2006 12:03 PM EDT (US)     5 / 43       
    I want to see this finished.

Alex
    (VIP) Reverie World Studios
    (id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
    posted 22 April 2006 12:36 PM EDT (US)     6 / 43       
    Btw, KJ, Glitch said that the cinematic would be up in the RTS theatre soon. I think he has all the mods installed, but last I heard, he was installing the music.

Glitch
    Mortal
    posted 22 April 2006 04:19 PM EDT (US)     7 / 43       

Quoted from King Jared:

Be that as it may, to those who will continue playing AOM in the future, expect the release of The Last Stand of Atlantis at the very least, and possibly other projects to come.

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=13&tn=21853&st=30#post31

Quote:

Btw, KJ, Glitch said that the cinematic would be up in the RTS theatre soon. I think he has all the mods installed, but last I heard, he was installing the music.

Yup, that's right.

Quote:

Meh, he wont finish it:

Yeah, KJ was an arse and never finished it

Have more faith in him. If he can't finish it he can't. But encourage him till we know that. It was for our enjoyment to start with. Let's not suck it out of him... it's his hobby after all.

Plus it's difficult to show work for something that people expect so much of.

Because being judged sucks

• To Do List:

- Write a to do list
    - 1, 2, 3 etc

Sig-Ne-A-Ture
  • [This message has been edited by Glitch (edited 04-22-2006 @ 04:44 PM).]

King Jared
    Mortal
    posted 22 April 2006 04:58 PM EDT (US)     8 / 43       
    To be perfectly honest with all of you, after working on LSA for so many months, at this point I actually hate the project. Hate it. I don't want to work on it, I don't enjoy working on it, and the only reason I've kept up the charade by saying that I'm going to finish it is because I've done too much goddamn work on it to let it go to waste.

So let's put it this way; I'd like it to be finished, but I don't want to finish it.

Your Divine Overlord
    KING JARED
    Aw, hell, I dunno, she had some tig-ole-bitties, d'int she?
    big.vitt@gmail.com
    MagmaLord
    Mortal
    posted 22 April 2006 05:40 PM EDT (US)     9 / 43       
    I know what you mean. I have a personal project 4 years overdue because of that.

SwordStorm
    Mortal
    posted 22 April 2006 11:22 PM EDT (US)     10 / 43       
    Oh, you thoughtless wimps. Just make a back-up file and have fun with Wrath Of The Gods or others during or not during play. Very fun. Especially putting triggs to make meteors 'Boom' everywhere. Releases your anger quickly.

'~SwordStorm's Accomplishments~'
    '~The Vandhaal's Monkey Boy[?]~'
    '~Owner of Papaya's 3,333rd Post~'
    '~Owner of 666 post in Communitity RPG~'
    '~Owner of 99,999 post in Scenario Discussion~'
    '~Owner of Three Signatures in PF's Signature~'

[This message has been edited by SwordStorm (edited 04-22-2006 @ 11:23 PM).]

Mephiles
    Mortal
    (id: Titan602)
    posted 23 April 2006 06:15 AM EDT (US)     11 / 43       
    Yeah. I've delayed The Mahogne Stone, but now I've encruraged myself to continue it.

MEPH
    [Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
    RiderOfEternity
    Mortal
    posted 23 April 2006 07:23 AM EDT (US)     12 / 43       
    But....but! What I had playtested was so good!

I will delete your web account if you do not continue!
    J/k :-)

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG

[This message has been edited by RiderOfEternity (edited 04-23-2006 @ 07:24 AM).]

Slickman_G
    Mortal
    posted 23 April 2006 08:27 AM EDT (US)     13 / 43       

Quote:

I actually hate the project. Hate it.

If you really do hate it, then its not worth doing, IMO, if it was me, then i wouldn't continue, how much completed is it?

(¯`·.`•.¸¸.•°°•.¸¸.•`.·´¯)
    (°¸.·`«Slick G»`·.¸°)
    (¯`·.`•.¸¸.••.¸¸.•`.·´¯)
    Sandro The Wicke
    Mortal
    posted 23 April 2006 10:12 AM EDT (US)     14 / 43       
    91% (used to be 95% but Jared re-edited some things) ...

SANDRO THE WICKE
    /\/}{The Broken One}{\/\
    A Mind Shattered Upon Time As The Fragments Of Sharpened Stone Upon Darkened Void
    {|What Is Wisdom Not But What We Make It To Be|}...
    TTWDD|Current Sites|PSD
    Shot 1 Shot 2 Shot 3|Best Eyecandy Shots|Shot 4 Shot 5 Shot 6
    Glitch
    Mortal
    posted 23 April 2006 10:52 AM EDT (US)     15 / 43       

Quote:

To be perfectly honest with all of you, after working on LSA for so many months, at this point I actually hate the project. Hate it. I don't want to work on it, I don't enjoy working on it, and the only reason I've kept up the charade by saying that I'm going to finish it is because I've done too much goddamn work on it to let it go to waste.

Now you stop encouraging him!

Quote:

So let's put it this way; I'd like it to be finished, but I don't want to finish it.

It's not totally out of the picture to hand it over to your design team or a person you trust to finish it and do a good job.

If you hate it so much but still want it done it's probaly a smart thing to do.

The opposite of love isn't hate it's indifference. If you hate something you still care about it

• To Do List:

- Write a to do list
    - 1, 2, 3 etc

Sig-Ne-A-Ture
  • I Love Bananas
    Mortal
    posted 23 April 2006 11:18 AM EDT (US)     16 / 43       

Quote:

The opposite of love isn't hate it's indifference. If you hate something you still care about it

Quoted for truth

†

Sweet baby maizes!
    The God of Gods
    Mortal
    posted 23 April 2006 11:20 AM EDT (US)     17 / 43       
    I see your point, Jared. Maybe one of our trustworthy LFS'ers could be informed on what needs doing, so you don't have to do it... *COUGH* Rider *COUGH*

• Me = Guardian of Isis/The God of Gods.
  • All my projects are Kronos' Revenge (DL), Dark City (DL), Legends of the Third Age (FotR) | (TTT: 99%) | (RotK: On hold).
  • Check my Site and Guestbook.

MEMBER OF LIQUID FIRE STUDIOS
  • Glitch
    Mortal
    posted 23 April 2006 11:50 AM EDT (US)     18 / 43       

Quote:

Quoted for truth

Well I didn't finish it.

I should of said:

"The opposite of love isn't hate it's indifference. If you hate something you still care about it" and that means you still have a chance to love it again.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Sandro (j/k)

• To Do List:

- Write a to do list
    - 1, 2, 3 etc

Sig-Ne-A-Ture
  • [This message has been edited by Glitch (edited 04-23-2006 @ 11:53 AM).]

MagmaLord
    Mortal
    posted 23 April 2006 12:10 PM EDT (US)     19 / 43       
    Yeah, if it's 91% finished then the story and ideas should be obvious so someone else could finish it for Jared.

Sandro The Wicke
    Mortal
    posted 23 April 2006 05:16 PM EDT (US)     20 / 43       
    only, Jared doesn't trust anyone whom sweared not to tell but would anyway, in which case, it won't be easy to find someone if that's what you or most forummers here are wondering...

SANDRO THE WICKE
    /\/}{The Broken One}{\/\
    A Mind Shattered Upon Time As The Fragments Of Sharpened Stone Upon Darkened Void
    TTWDD|Current Sites|PSD
    SwordStorm
    Mortal
    posted 23 April 2006 07:57 PM EDT (US)     21 / 43       
    Give to Sith?

Come now, Jared. Your a early 20s year old man that looks like Santa Claus! Your only allowed to hate teenagers, not pixils.

Uh-oh. The ban sounds acomin'.

Jared,"HELL right it is".

~~SwordStorm~~
    -+_The Master of Something_+-

'~SwordStorm's Accomplishments~'
    '~The Vandhaal's Monkey Boy[?]~'
    '~Owner of Papaya's 3,333rd Post~'
    '~Owner of 666 post in Communitity RPG~'
    '~Owner of 99,999 post in Scenario Discussion~'
    '~Owner of Three Signatures in PF's Signature~'

[This message has been edited by SwordStorm (edited 04-24-2006 @ 06:34 PM).]

Sandro The Wicke
    Mortal
    posted 23 April 2006 08:02 PM EDT (US)     22 / 43       
    ^actually Jared is only in his early 20s, 20 to be exact (I know it's cheezy ) but I suppose Sith could do, well it depends all on the next post then, Jared your go...

SANDRO THE WICKE
    /\/}{The Broken One}{\/\
    TTWDD|Current Sites|PSD
    The Vandhaal
    Mortal
    posted 23 April 2006 08:16 PM EDT (US)     23 / 43       
    guys just leave the poor old King alone...can't you see the King is tired of this project...

....I have tried to give him as much moral support as I was able to in the Tsunami private forums..yes the entire time (more then a year long...when all was quite about it here on aomH...i have send liters and liters of fine wiskey to him by ocean current and ofcourse he send also some back)...but Jared is just tired of the project at the moment....he has some more very nice things up his sleeve ( cannot talk more about them) but only time can tell if he will release them.

maybe a tip for the guys who like to see some Jared joints:
    If you have aoe3 then you should check out Tbaraks "The trials" campaign.....you can see some of Jareds mods in action in them.

Cheers Jared
    Best regards,
    The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
    HG moderators if you feel paranoid then translate the above here
    More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
    [This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 12-31-2999 @ 23:59 PM).]

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 04-23-2006 @ 08:17 PM).]

Archaeopterix
    Mortal
    posted 24 April 2006 04:21 AM EDT (US)     24 / 43       
    Jared, wanna exchange scens? I'll finish LSoA if you finish Euterpe
    King Jared
    Mortal
    posted 24 April 2006 03:28 PM EDT (US)     25 / 43       
    Encourage me, berate me, and quote me all the semantic dogma you like; the fact is I don't want to work on the project anymore. It's sitting there, in my hard drive, nearly done, and I just can't bring myself to finish it up. I have better things to do with my time, such as finding a job, living life, maintaining this site, and playing games and working on projects I do enjoy. I'm not saying that I'll never finish the project, but it's been nearly two years since I've worked on it with any level of seriousness. What can I say, the spark is gone.

If some talented, available designer, from LFS or otherwise, would like to finish it as per my instructions, I'd gladly consider it. But as it stands, no, it will not be finished any time soon.

And thanks for backing me again, Vandhaal. Good to have at least one person in my corner.

Your Divine Overlord
    KING JARED
    Aw, hell, I dunno, she had some tig-ole-bitties, d'int she?
    big.vitt@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by King Jared (edited 04-24-2006 @ 03:30 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames