You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Continuous Screenshot Competition
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 88 89 90 91 92 ··· 100 ··· 107  Next Page »
posted 11 November 2006 12:29 PM EDT (US)   
The Continuous Screenshot Competition

We have our results:

First place goes to Midnight Hunting by Navarone_Revenge
Second place goes to The Harvest Moon by Elrich
And third place goes to Goodnight moon by HailToTheOboe

Could Navarone_Revenge please post the new theme?

The theme for the current screenshots is: moonlighten twilight and entries can be submitted till the 26th of November, voting for the two days after that.

What is this?
The Continuous Screenshot Competition is stolen from AoKH, where it has been active and used for a very long time. It is promote screenshots, and also to just have fun looking at and making the scenery. Each time there will be a theme in which the screenshot should fit, the winner of last theme is allowed to pick the new one. If a winner wins for the second time in a row, the number 2 is allowed to pick the theme.

We have the new gallery for designing screenshots, so lets fill it with a bunch of Mona Lisas!

The rules
  • No category may be used twice.
  • You may only enter one screenshot per category.
  • The previous winner can compete in the competition he set the theme for, this is a form of trust, so be honest.
  • Please do not suggest themes for the winner.
  • No altering of screenshots, in any way, for any reason.
  • Modding is allowed.
  • Both AoM and AoM: TT screenshots can be used.
  • You are not allowed to make screenshots from maps created before the competition, but you can use the map for something else after taking the screenshot.
  • No flaming, but constructive comments are allowed.
  • Everyone is allowed to vote one time per competition for one screenshot.
  • The winner of the last round may pick the theme for the new one.
  • If same person wins in twice in a row (or more times), the runner-up may pick the new theme.
  • You cannot vote for your own screenshot.

Time between the competitions
We have one week for the competition followed by 2 days to vote, after that the winner can post the new theme and we can start again.

Tips
You can host shots at:
You can make in-game screenshots with the following method:
  1. Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard.
  2. Paste your shot into a program like Paint.

Winners from earlier rounds
All previous winners have been uploaded to the gallery here.

Still to be uploaded winners
None - Yeebaagooon

Current Competition Entries
  • Awaiting new entries

Lets hope for a fun and fair competition, and good luck to all entries.

Best regards,
Your host,
Paperfriend.

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 12-10-2009 @ 04:16 PM).]

Replies:
posted 02 November 2007 08:09 PM EDT (US)     2226 / 2656  
Vey nice entries this time, Solar Eclipse is really good. Infact they are all great.

Here is my entry:
Light Invades Darkness

<3
posted 02 November 2007 08:58 PM EDT (US)     2227 / 2656  
Nice one Elrich! I like it a lot, quite creative and an interesting dual level screenshot.

I also like the immense power that seems to be emitting from the "light" team in Nanodude's screenshot

-[Hello..
posted 02 November 2007 10:00 PM EDT (US)     2228 / 2656  
struggle at the clifftop:
i must say it's one of my better screenshots I've made.

[This message has been edited by firefax (edited 11-02-2007 @ 10:43 PM).]

posted 02 November 2007 10:31 PM EDT (US)     2229 / 2656  
@ firefax: I don't see the shot. Yes, it is one of your better shots, you're getting the hang of it! I would advise for next time to choose a different angle, and make sure NO unit is selected when taking the shot! Seeing a life bar ruins the entire shot.

@Azur_Fire: Nice shot, good atmosphere, however the sea seems a bit too blue for the black rocks, and I think the special effects are a bit out of place and seem to be coming out of nowhere.

@Elrich: VERY nice shot! VERY nice! Can't think of any feedback on this one. How did you make it look like 2 layers? wait, I think I already figured it out

@Nitro: Nice epic shot! However I think you overdid the light in the shot.

@Nanodude: Nice idea, I would choose a different angle to give it a more professional look.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”

[This message has been edited by Baske (edited 11-02-2007 @ 10:37 PM).]

posted 02 November 2007 10:45 PM EDT (US)     2230 / 2656  
there, I edited to make sure it's perfect.
posted 02 November 2007 10:46 PM EDT (US)     2231 / 2656  
Wow Elrich, that's a very cool shot, I've never seen anything like it.

I think I can guess how you made that layer, but I'm not 100% sure. Can I post my guess here, or not until after the voting so it doesn't spoil the magic :P
posted 02 November 2007 10:58 PM EDT (US)     2232 / 2656  
Attention: this forum has officially reached 9,000 posts
(crap, now its 9,001)
posted 02 November 2007 10:58 PM EDT (US)     2233 / 2656  
How many days do we have left? I would change the angle but I'm using a computer at an flying school airstrip and I will be here for about 3 days so I might not be able to change the angle or even be on the internet.

<3
posted 02 November 2007 11:09 PM EDT (US)     2234 / 2656  
I'm probably not going to get any votes again....
posted 02 November 2007 11:12 PM EDT (US)     2235 / 2656  
Yours actually good firefax, so what if you don't get any votes, I just enter for fun and you are getting better however.

<3

[This message has been edited by Nanodude (edited 11-02-2007 @ 11:13 PM).]

posted 03 November 2007 00:06 AM EDT (US)     2236 / 2656  
Haha yeah I had to think about it for a moment, but then I realised what had been done.

firefax, I like how you've sortve made it look like they are fighting on a very tall cliff that overlooks a massive valley. The barrels seem to look like swarms of small trees in that lighting. good job!

-[Hello..
posted 03 November 2007 01:44 AM EDT (US)     2237 / 2656  
Yeah those barrels do look like trees, the guy on top reminds me of Jeseus.

<3
posted 03 November 2007 04:05 AM EDT (US)     2238 / 2656  
I think ALL the screenshots entered should be put in the Gallery.

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 03 November 2007 04:22 AM EDT (US)     2239 / 2656  
Thats a good idea but we all know what the answer will be.

<3
posted 03 November 2007 06:40 AM EDT (US)     2240 / 2656  
@firefax: 1st of all, don't think like that. And 2nd of all, I really think your screenies are getting better and better! Just compare your entry from the Under Da' Sea theme with this one, loads of improvement!

@Mephiles, if they would do that, it would become a MASSIVE gallery, I don't think they should do that. I'm keeping the runners up alive in my thread, although it's not active, you can still view the runners up there.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
posted 03 November 2007 10:23 AM EDT (US)     2241 / 2656  
Ohhh so thats what its supposed to be, i had no idea that the shot was looking at 2 levels (im talking about elrich's) I just though it was there to be a different ground . Very easy to see what it is if you have played aom for very long :O

Ăžųŗ§ƒ¡ŗë
--------------------
Scenario Scriptor for Reverie World Studios
-Forums-
posted 03 November 2007 11:15 AM EDT (US)     2242 / 2656  
At Dusk a Shadow Approaches

Cerberus- The three headed guard dog who guards the entrance to Hades; son of Typhon.

"If I threw up on you, you'd be pissed." -Big Baby, House MD

sporeh censusmaster, mafiamaster, competitionmaster, showcasemaster

aomh | sporeh | pds | website | sign up for unicellular mafia at sporeh
posted 03 November 2007 12:52 PM EDT (US)     2243 / 2656  
Nice idea Cerberus .

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 03 November 2007 01:46 PM EDT (US)     2244 / 2656  
Thanks!

Cerberus- The three headed guard dog who guards the entrance to Hades; son of Typhon.

posted 03 November 2007 06:03 PM EDT (US)     2245 / 2656  
How come my entry isn't in the entry listing?
Oh, and the barrels are supposed to be people fighting, but if trees work better...
posted 03 November 2007 06:46 PM EDT (US)     2246 / 2656  
firefax: you must link to the image, not embedd it in your post. (use the
[url]
tag, not the
[IMG]
tag).

posted 03 November 2007 07:25 PM EDT (US)     2247 / 2656  
So much to catch up on......
@Titan63 - Definitely has the dark vs light concept. The fire giants are a mystery to me. However, I think that you could have taken away the the first one or two lights, and it might have looked like the light at the end of a tunnel, if you were going for that effect. Otherwise it looks great.
Thanks. I realize now using a different monitor to view my picture that it is set a lot lighter than the one I composed it on. On that computer, the distant tunnel was completely black and undefined, so I used a series of Forest Fire SFX's spaced down the tunnel, so when they glowed, the increasingly small edges of the tunnel became apparent showing the depth of the tunnel. I still like them, even though you can see the tunnel without them. The fire giants are just to give a sense of danger that the hero is fleeing from. Think of it as a cross-section diagram of a scene.
HailToTheOboe: I think I can guess how you made that layer, but I'm not 100% sure. Can I post my guess here, or not until after the voting so it doesn't spoil the magic :P
Thank you for being considerate. Please feel free to share your guesses. Believe me, it's not as hard to figure out as that bleepin' Lazer Beam thread!!

@Nanodude: It's a nice set of eyecandy and I agree with Baske about the camera angle. Don't forget to use the tools you have for a great screenshot like camera angle and lighting including the sun inclination and rotation. These two things alone can completely change your picture into something amazing.
Firefax:I'm probably not going to get any votes again....edited
That picture has incredible color! Look at how the nighttime blue sets off the rich orange/red of your fires. Your picture also has great perspective with what I imagine to be the leaders of opposing armies fighting to the death on a cliff, while their armies fight below in the distance. I have a suggestion: Can you move the camera down to show the two leaders close up but keep the perspective of the close cliff and far land below?

@Nitro: Great action scene. I never knew how detailed the animations in AOM were. The town looks so real I feel I've been there before. Only thing is it being washed out with too much light.

It didn't come as quickly as other rounds, but we've built another amazing set of screenshots. Keep it coming!!

Mephiles, I will make a post of runners up as soon as the offical winner message is announced, so they can be easily viewed and I hope Baske keeps storing them in his thread as well..

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone

[This message has been edited by Elrich (edited 11-04-2007 @ 10:50 AM).]

posted 03 November 2007 08:01 PM EDT (US)     2248 / 2656  
Easy. The hero person is standing on a small circle of raised terrian. You put a Tunnel Wall/Entrance (Or maybe it's Mine Wall/Entrance...not sure)on its side and moved it on top of that raised circle so it appears as though it is a floor. Good idea!

posted 03 November 2007 09:23 PM EDT (US)     2249 / 2656  
Yeahh.. worked that out a while ago, but I refrained from saying =P

Keeps the magic of the screenshot alive til voting ends.

-[Hello..
posted 03 November 2007 10:00 PM EDT (US)     2250 / 2656  
Here is my entry: The Call of the Heavens

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/LuCkyMaN998/Copyofscreen245.jpg

Beta(eyecandy)Team Leader of Omega Studios
Try some of my maps reviews appreciated.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 88 89 90 91 92 ··· 100 ··· 107  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Continuous Screenshot Competition
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames