You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2502 replies, Closed
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 58 59 60 61 62 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100  Next Page »
invent00r
Mortal
posted 04 October 2007 11:46 AM EDT (US)         
So you have a question trigger request?

You can post it here!

Hello and Welcome to the Trigger Request Thread (TRT). This thread purpose is only to place trigger request and discuss about them. If you have unrelated questions or need help with triggers, please use OmegasRage thread!

Before posting your request, it's always good to read the so-called FAQ.

1. What is a FAQ?
    The term "FAQ" (when pronounced, it rhymes with "back") is an acronym for Frequently Asked Questions.
  2. How do I install a trigger?
    First of all, you need to have Age of Mythology installed. If you have that, then you are half away done. Now you will need to find your way to your AoM installation folder, and open the trigger folder or the trigger2 folder if you pretend to install the new trigger on The Titans (the expansion). With the notepad, open a file called, typetest.xml - at this point, you need to copy the trigger from this page and paste it there. If you requested a condition, then place it under or under if it was an effect you requested.

Notes:
    1. Please put the trigger at the end of each list so you can easly remove them and keep the integrity of the typetest file.
    2. When copying the trigger from someone, please click the edit image (), and only then copy the respective effect or condition.
    3. If this is your 1st trigger you're installing, please backup the original typetest file.

3. So.. How exactly are new triggers done?
    AoM has a built-in engine that can prase XS code. Triggers are programmed and interpreted using this language through a serious of existing functions. Since there are over 600 functions, and only a few are used by the default triggers, this leaves plenty of room for a whole new set of advanced, usefull triggers - but it does have some limitations...
  4. I want to learn triggers, how do I do that?
    It takes a quite some time, but if you really wish to learn triggers, I recommend fully understanding XS language before you start making triggers, and for that you need to go here - Master XS. If you want to skip all that, and you want to be able to do only simple triggers, read this guide.
  5. Help! My triggers have stopped working!
    Triggers Stop Working Guide. Also using run immediately, linking camera tracks, sound timers and decimals in conditions like Timer and Distance to Unit effect, might cause this. Moreover, typing an invalid name on the Victory Conditions will cause a trigger block. But post these sort of questions in the Great Question thread.

Resources

Recommended Downloads:
  1. Trigger Loader 2 + Quest Vars (AoM && TT) by invent00r and Mythic_Freak
  2. SomeNewXTriggers 3 (TT) & SomeNewTriggers 4 (AoM) by Reyk
  3. Proactive Triggers (TT & AoM) by invent00r
  4. Advanced Triggers Set (TT) by pftq
  5. New Custom Triggers (TT) by Baseballkid14
  6. New triggers for TT v3 by nottud
  7. Conditonal Effects (TT & AoM) by nottud
  8. Angry Levels (TT & AoM) by angryzor
  9. SIMSTools (TT) by angryzor
  10. A list of all guides sorted by Paperfriend

Posting a Request

So you have read the FAQ and want to post a request? Ok, go for it, just be sure to use the following format:

Name - This should be as straightforward as possible.
Description - Always describe the actions that you want the trigger to perform. Please give atleast one example of use.

Remember that not all triggers are possible but I - and anyone who wants to help me -, will try our best.

Enjoy. .
-invent00r

My Work: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WIP: Master XS Battle Micro AI
Paused: AI (%4.247)
Os segredos são de quem os souber guardar.

[This message has been edited by invent00r (edited 08-15-2008 @ 03:40 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Mythic_Freak
Mortal
posted 18 May 2008 05:22 AM EDT (US)     1476 / 2502       
If it isn't a syntax error I'd say it's because some lines are too long. Just split them up in seperate lines and try again. Like:

Never mind, while splitting it up, I noticed you got quite some bracket "(" mismatches. Check those first.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Einstein, A.
Master XS - AoM Code Reference - Trigger Loader - Trigger Requests - Chess

Wow, I never thought that I would actually know something before nottud did... it's actually not all that satisfying ~ Steak
Baseballkid14
Mortal
posted 18 May 2008 06:38 AM EDT (US)     1477 / 2502       
I'm bad at judging where the brackets should end... Can someone make it?

Newest Scenario: Death King RPG
Scenario in Progress: Death King RPG II
Download some awsome new triggers for AoMTT here (made by me)
Proud leader of the Modding project, Star Wars: Eras Engaged. Join us now!
Also a member (and founder) of the new modding studio, Epic Studios!
So do you want to learn how to create your own triggers? Well, now you can!
Protestuir
Mortal
posted 18 May 2008 01:24 PM EDT (US)     1478 / 2502       
This is one of the simplest triggers that was even in Age of Empires II not 3, 2!

Type: Condition
Name: Unit Idle
Description: If selected unit is idle... i think you get the idea.

Scenario in Progress:→Zombie Wars
~The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time~

~The following is true:the previous is false~

NicholasFlamel
Mortal
posted 18 May 2008 01:38 PM EDT (US)     1479 / 2502       
I believe BBK made that one alreay.
Did you fix it so that setidleprocessing is still the default effect?

If I hear one more Harry Potter comment, I'm going to shoot someone. Educate yourself.

Scenario in progress: Final Fantasy 1!
Also working on: A Hoplite-Fight-ish multiplayer scenario.
Baseballkid14
Mortal
posted 18 May 2008 06:14 PM EDT (US)     1480 / 2502       
I did! Redownload. (on my sig)

Mythic_Freak
Mortal
posted 19 May 2008 04:54 AM EDT (US)     1481 / 2502       
@BBK
If you can't see where the brackets should go, you can just start a new line and indent after every bracket, like:

if(trQuestVarGet("ATNA") == 1) trUnitTeleport(xsVectorGetX(vector(%Target%) + %Radius%),0,xsVectorGetZ(vector(%Target%) + %Radius%));

==>

trUnitTeleport(
xsVectorGetX(
vector(%Target%) + %Radius%
),
xsVectorGetZ(
vector(%Target%) + %Radius%)
);

Now you see, you're trying to get the x component of (a vector + a number), that won't work. You also didn't close the trUnitTeleport.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Einstein, A.

Wow, I never thought that I would actually know something before nottud did... it's actually not all that satisfying ~ Steak

[This message has been edited by Mythic_Freak (edited 05-19-2008 @ 04:54 AM).]

Pharaow
Mortal
posted 19 May 2008 09:33 AM EDT (US)     1482 / 2502       
Type - change all units and buildings.
Name - change Units&Buildinga.
Description - the trigger change all the units and buildings of a player (you choose)
Example - if you allmost lose your town center and villagers (not with norse) it's useful

my god is set
i worship death
more favor i get
more ppl i hate

[This message has been edited by Pharaow (edited 05-19-2008 @ 09:34 AM).]

NicholasFlamel
Mortal
posted 19 May 2008 07:14 PM EDT (US)     1483 / 2502       
I'm having trouble with the "Teleport Units to Near Unit" effect. BBK's stumped, and told me to come here. The source unit is a Jason and the target unit is a priest. When I tried it in a blank scenario, it worked great, but when I put it in my scenario, well... It's teleporting to another spot on the map, and I have no idea why. Here's my post in the question thread:
Just now I went through and slowly deleted everything in the town the unit was teleporting too. I noticed something: it was always teleport NEXT TO something. So, it wouldn't teleport where it was going before, which is now just blank. It would teleport to the next closest unit. I really don't get why. Could the water in the level be messing it up? I'll get a screenie I guess.

EDIT:
Screenie
The first place it was teleporting to was the red circle. They're supposed to be teleporting to a priest in another town, but still along the left edge (that you can see in the screenie). I started deleting stuff moving in the direction of the green arrow. After that it teleported to the blue circle. A little bit more deleting and it teleported to the yellow circle. There was always something next to the unit after it teleported.

If I hear one more Harry Potter comment, I'm going to shoot someone. Educate yourself.

[This message has been edited by NicholasFlamel (edited 05-19-2008 @ 07:14 PM).]

Baseballkid14
Mortal
posted 19 May 2008 08:28 PM EDT (US)     1484 / 2502       
I have a quick question about conditionals...

WEll, basically I want to an event to firee when there is units in the area... right? Now, that's pretty simple but I remember angryzor said that the if statement for timer only checks to see if the timer is met, not wait until it's met. So I assume that's the same thing here. Is there any way to fix this while still using conditionals and such. Or is my assumption completely wrong?

EDIT: I do what Mythic_Freak tells me, but it still doesn't work...
   <Effect name="Teleport Units Near Unit">
<Param name="SrcObject" dispName="Source Units" varType="unit">default</Param>
<Param name="Target" dispName="Target Unit" varType="unit">default</Param>
<Param name="Radius" dispName="Radius" VarType="long">5</Param>
<Command>trQuestVarSetFromRand("TUNUX", -1*%Radius%, %Radius%, false);</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSetFromRand("TUNUZ", -1*%Radius%, %Radius%, false);</Command>
<Command>trUnitSelectClear();</Command>
<Command loop="" loopParm="SrcObject">trUnitSelect("%SrcObject%");</Command>
<Command>trUnitTeleport(xsVectorGetX(kbGetBlockPosition(%Target%) + trQuestVarGet("TUNUX")),xsVectorGetY(kbGetBlockPosition("%Target%")),xsVectorGetZ(kbGetBlockPosition("%Target%") + trQuestVarGet("TUNUZ")));</Command>
</Effect>

<Effect name="Teleport Units Near Unit2">
<Param name="Target" dispName="Target Unit" varType="unit">default</Param>
<Param name="Radius" dispName="Radius" VarType="long">5</Param>
<Command>trQuestVarSetFromRand("TUNUX", -1*%Radius%, %Radius%, false);</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSetFromRand("TUNUZ", -1*%Radius%, %Radius%, false);</Command>
<Command>trUnitTeleport(xsVectorGetX(kbGetBlockPosition(kbGetBlockID("%Target%") + trQuestVarGet("TUNUX"))),xsVectorGetY(kbGetBlockPosition(kbGetBlockID("%Target%"))),xsVectorGetZ(kbGetBlockPosition(kbGetBlockID("%Target%") + trQuestVarGet("TUNUZ"))));</Command>
</Effect>

[This message has been edited by Baseballkid14 (edited 05-19-2008 @ 08:40 PM).]

NicholasFlamel
Mortal
posted 19 May 2008 08:56 PM EDT (US)     1485 / 2502       
If you have a units in area and a timer, it will start the timer when the scenario starts. So, when your units are in the area, it will already have been the 3-or-so seconds you set it for. I tried conditional timer once, but it didn't work out well. Granted, I didn't under stand conditional effects back then, and now I do. It works like this:

Trigger 1
Conditions:
Units in Area
Effects:
conditional timer (3 seconds)
-effects-
conditional zend

So it checks if the units are in the area, THEN it fires the effects, which include waiting three seconds for the timer.

What I normally do is just have another trigger that fires a timer then fires back. Easier to understand, but takes up more space.

Baseballkid14
Mortal
posted 19 May 2008 09:29 PM EDT (US)     1486 / 2502       
No, I don't need timer, I need units in area as the conditional, so I can have like conditonal units in area -- unit 1, army deploy -- unit 1, conditional end (or how I do it, XS User Code -- }(I don't even have conditionals, because I use XS User Code instead.). Anyway back on topic, since this has a lot of paramaters and calls for unit id, and quite frankly I'm too lazy to do this for many different units, I use this conditional. So here is the question: "If I have always as the condition and its active but not looped, and I have units in area as the conditional, and the unit is not in the area at the start of the scenario, but it moves there halfway through... WIll the events within th econditial ever fire?

NicholasFlamel
Mortal
posted 19 May 2008 09:43 PM EDT (US)     1487 / 2502       
I could test it, but logically thinking I don't think it will.
At the start, it will check to see if it's "Always", it will see that it is, and it will fire the effects. In the effects, it will see that the unit ISN'T in the area, so it won't worry about doing the stuff inside the conditionals.

Mythic_Freak
Mortal
posted 20 May 2008 06:56 AM EDT (US)     1488 / 2502       
Why not just loop it? And in between the 2 conditionals put an xsDisableSelf(); if you want the trigger to stop.

For the teleport:
   <Effect name="Teleport Units to Unit">
<Param name="Object" dispName="Target Unit" VarType="unit">default</Param>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("fhweaohpgpagowhwa", xsGetContextPlayer());</Command>
<Command>xsSetContextPlayer(0);</Command>
<Command>kbLookAtAllUnitsOnMap();</Command>
<Command>trUnitTeleport(xsVectorGetX(kbUnitGetPosition(%Object%)), xsVectorGetY(kbUnitGetPosition(%Object%)), xsVectorGetZ(kbUnitGetPosition(%Object%)));</Command>
<Command>xsSetContextPlayer(trQuestVarGet("fhweaohpgpagowhwa"));</Command>
</Effect>
That 1 was in nottud's triggerpack, but it's slightly less advanced.

Here is my version (just copied from Army Teleport Near Unit, also in nottuds pack):
<Effect name="Unit Teleport Near Unit">
<Param name="radius" dispName="Approx. Radius (slightly off)" VarType="long">10</Param>
<Param name="edge" dispName="Edge Only" VarType="bool">false</Param>
<Command>trQuestVarSetFromRand("hwfeoaifop", 0, 1, true);</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSetFromRand("wagogehmeas", 0, %radius%, true);</Command>
<Command>if(trQuestVarGet("hwfeoaifop")==0) trQuestVarSet("oiwghogwhywhlocx", xsVectorGetX(kbUnitGetPosition(%Object%))+trQuestVarGet("wagogehmeas"));</Command>
<Command>if(trQuestVarGet("hwfeoaifop")==1) trQuestVarSet("oiwghogwhywhlocx", xsVectorGetX(kbUnitGetPosition(%Object%))-trQuestVarGet("wagogehmeas"));</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("hwfeoaifopx", 0);</Command>
<Command>if(íge%==true) trQuestVarSet("hwfeoaifopx", (%radius%-trQuestVarGet("wagogehmeas")));</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSetFromRand("wagogehmeas", trQuestVarGet("hwfeoaifopx"), (%radius%-trQuestVarGet("wagogehmeas")), true);</Command>
<Command>if(trQuestVarGet("hwfeoaifop")==0) trQuestVarSet("oiwghogwhywhlocz", xsVectorGetZ(kbUnitGetPosition(%Object%))+trQuestVarGet("wagogehmeas"));</Command>
<Command>if(trQuestVarGet("hwfeoaifop")==1) trQuestVarSet("oiwghogwhywhlocz", xsVectorGetZ(kbUnitGetPosition(%Object%))-trQuestVarGet("wagogehmeas"));</Command>
<Command>trUnitTeleport(trQuestVarGet("oiwghogwhywhlocx"), xsVectorGetY(kbUnitGetPosition(%Object%)), trQuestVarGet("oiwghogwhywhlocz"));</Command>
</Effect>

[This message has been edited by Mythic_Freak (edited 05-20-2008 @ 07:11 AM).]

Baseballkid14
Mortal
posted 20 May 2008 07:05 AM EDT (US)     1489 / 2502       
that's not what I meant nick, lol. Mythic_Freak, can you just see what I did wrong in the code plz.

Mythic_Freak
Mortal
posted 20 May 2008 07:12 AM EDT (US)     1490 / 2502       
Done.

Edit?
Did anyone know there was a "int trCurrentPlayer()" command?... that works! °_°

[This message has been edited by Mythic_Freak (edited 05-20-2008 @ 08:49 AM).]

Pharaow
Mortal
posted 20 May 2008 09:32 AM EDT (US)     1491 / 2502       
Type - convert all units and buildings.
Name - convert Units&Buildinga.
Description - the trigger convert all the units and buildings of a player (you choose)
Example - if you allmost lose your town center and villagers (not with norse) it's useful to convert the ally town to yours

my god is set
i worship death
more favor i get
more ppl i hate
Mythic_Freak
Mortal
posted 20 May 2008 10:15 AM EDT (US)     1492 / 2502       
So, just change all units and buildings from 1 players to another player?
<Effect name="Convert All Units And Buildings">
<Param name="SrcObject" dispName="Pick Random Unit" varType="unit">default</Param>
<Param name="FromPlayerID" dispName="From Player" varType="long">1</Param>
<Param name="ToPlayerID" dispName="To Player" varType="long">2</Param>
<Command>for(i=800; >= 0) {</Command>
<Command>trUnitChangeInArea(%FromPlayerID%,%ToPlayerID%,kbGetProtoUnitName(i),kbGetProtoUnitName(i),1000);</Command>
<Command>}</Command>
</Effect>
I used Change Units In Area, so I still need a center unit, but just pick a random 1 and you'll be fine.

[This message has been edited by Mythic_Freak (edited 05-20-2008 @ 10:31 AM).]

nottud
Mortal
posted 20 May 2008 11:34 AM EDT (US)     1493 / 2502       
You be better with kb queries and using the convert command due to the force to nature problem.

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
Mythic_Freak
Mortal
posted 20 May 2008 12:46 PM EDT (US)     1494 / 2502       
Force to nature?

The Arctic Flame
Mortal
posted 20 May 2008 04:41 PM EDT (US)     1495 / 2502       
Could someone please help me with a destroy all unit type trigger?

"); /*
*/trUnitDestroy();/*
*/ //

The only command I could find:

trUnitDestroy();

Is it possible to use the new trigger in send chat?

Also, if possible a trigger to pause editor.

Elite: If j00 C4N R34D TH15, j00 4R3 Elite/Leet/L337/1337 :etilE

Elite: 8008 :etilE

[This message has been edited by The Arctic Flame (edited 05-20-2008 @ 07:19 PM).]

invent00r
Mortal
posted 20 May 2008 05:31 PM EDT (US)     1496 / 2502       
Quoted from BBK:
If I have always as the condition and its active but not looped, and I have units in area as the conditional, and the unit is not in the area at the start of the scenario, but it moves there halfway through... WIll the events within th econditial ever fire?
No, the conditional effects will not ever fire - as NicholasFlame stated.

Only if you use the XS Loop effect I've made..
-invent00r

My Work: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WIP: Master XS Battle Micro AI
Paused: AI (%4.247)
Os segredos são de quem os souber guardar.
NicholasFlamel
Mortal
posted 20 May 2008 08:25 PM EDT (US)     1497 / 2502       
Mythic, I have Nottud's pack and neither of them are working.
EDIT: I just tested both Army and Unit teleport to unit and both army and unit teleport near unit. They're all teleporting to the same place: that town in the screenie.

I would try anyway but.... whenever I add triggers to the xml it just makes that whole xml stop working! I know I'm putting it in the right place.

[This message has been edited by NicholasFlamel (edited 05-20-2008 @ 08:31 PM).]

Baseballkid14
Mortal
posted 20 May 2008 09:20 PM EDT (US)     1498 / 2502       
That's weird, I don't think you are putting them in the right place . Show me where you put it by pasting everything around it.

NicholasFlamel
Mortal
posted 20 May 2008 10:46 PM EDT (US)     1499 / 2502       
@BBK: I was using your trigger xml because I actually know where to redownload that if I accidentally mess it up. Does it matter which xml you put it in? I have about 4.
<Command>}</Command>
</Effect>

<Effect name="Teleport Units to Unit">
<Command>trUnitTeleport(xsVectorGetX(kbUnitGetPosition(%Object%)), xsVectorGetY(kbUnitGetPosition(%Object%)), xsVectorGetZ(kbUnitGetPosition(%Object%)));</Command>
</Effect>

<Effect name="Unit Teleport Near Unit">
<Param name="radius" dispName="Approx. Radius (slightly off)" VarType="long">10</Param>
<Param name="edge" dispName="Edge x"bool">false</Param>
<Command>trQuestVarSetFromRand("wagogehmeas", 0, %radius%, true);</Command>
<Command>if(trQuestVarGet("hwfeoaifop")==0) trQuestVarSet("oiwghogwhywhlocx", xsVectorGetX(kbUnitGetPosition(%Object%))+trQuestVarGet("wagogehmeas"));</Command>
<Command>if(trQuestVarGet("hwfeoaifop")==1) trQuestVarSet("oiwghogwhywhlocx", xsVectorGetX(kbUnitGetPosition(%Object%))-trQuestVarGet("wagogehmeas"));</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("hwfeoaifopx", 0);</Command>
<Command>if(íge%==true) trQuestVarSet("hwfeoaifopx", (%radius%-trQuestVarGet("wagogehmeas")));</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSetFromRand("wagogehmeas", trQuestVarGet("hwfeoaifopx"), (%radius%-trQuestVarGet("wagogehmeas")), true);</Command>
<Command>if(trQuestVarGet("hwfeoaifop")==0) trQuestVarSet("oiwghogwhywhlocz", xsVectorGetZ(kbUnitGetPosition(%Object%))+trQuestVarGet("wagogehmeas"));</Command>
<Command>if(trQuestVarGet("hwfeoaifop")==1) trQuestVarSet("oiwghogwhywhlocz", xsVectorGetZ(kbUnitGetPosition(%Object%))-trQuestVarGet("wagogehmeas"));</Command>
<Command>trUnitTeleport(trQuestVarGet("oiwghogwhywhlocx"), xsVectorGetY(kbUnitGetPosition(%Object%)), trQuestVarGet("oiwghogwhywhlocz"));</Command>
</Effect>
</Effects>

</trigger>

Mythic_Freak
Mortal
posted 21 May 2008 06:11 AM EDT (US)     1500 / 2502       
Oh I see, the forum messed it up again
<Command>if(íge%==true) ...
Should be:
<Command>if(% edge%==true) ...
(without the space after the %)

Maybe the forum converted other things too, but I can't spot them right not.

[This message has been edited by Mythic_Freak (edited 05-23-2008 @ 09:13 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 58 59 60 61 62 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames