You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.142 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Completed: Minigames X!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Completed: Minigames X!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 6  Next Page »
Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 04 November 2007 09:28 AM EDT (US)         

MINIGAMES X

DOWNLOAD

Introduction

Welcome Mortals! You seem to have stumbled across an amazing map. You cleraly have great taste.

This map features 21 high quality minigames, a point system to get rid of that boring win system, a host control pannel with booters and a Christmas Message included and of course me!

The Games

Key:

• Game name - (Points Avaiable ) Description.

• Tank Wars - (14 ) The Sabres can fire lightning pulses at enemies, they alos home in! Run if you are fired at as these blasts condusct electricity you can hear. Points per kill and for victory.
  • The Eternity Game - (10 ) The most annoying game ever created! It is recommended you do not try this first. Only with practise, skill, logic and luck can you hope to claim the 10 points avaiable here!
  • Chicken Dodge - (25 ) You get more points the longer you can survive this barrage of chickens. I tried to get trukeys, but they hate Christmas enough already. 6 point bonus to the winner and 2 points to the 2nd placer. It is very unlikely that anybody will get 25 points on this one.
  • Dodge Meteors - (Potenitally Infinite ) 3 pads, 1 gets randomly meteored. You get 1 point every round you survive and a bonus if you win.
  • Pit Of Doom - (10 ) Heave in horror as the pits are not sqaurical or cicular! They are very strategic and have many powers guaranteed to create the tension you need.
  • Mind Maze - (10 ) Double up in disbelief as the impossible becomes reality. This devious maze forces you to experiment and utilise all the trigger trick you know of. WARNING: This game was not designed for N00bs!
  • Catapult Duel - (10 ) Battle across beautiful water that I made as you fire fireballs at your enemies.
  • Hawk Attack - (10 ) A strange game of pure chance. Fly in a random direction to escape the evil Hawks!
  • Ye Olde Credits - (0 ) Reminding you that this is my map.
  • Game Name - (Points Available) Brief Description
  • Assassins - (10 ) With limited LOS you must have your daily kills.
  • Gamble - (25 ) Oh the British and their bad luck hate this one! You need to know when to quit or risk leaving empty handed in this game of chance. The chances of getting the 25 points are 1/1024. If you win give me a screenshot!
  • Anubite Race - (10 ) Not the conventional route. This game forces you to explore. There are many quick routes.
  • Relic Hunt - (20 ) Be the first to find 10 relics in this labyrinth. 2 points per relic.
  • Bolt Wars - (13 ) Quick draw! Fly around as a pegasus armed with bolts. 3 points per kill.
  • Agricultural Madness - (Potentially 96 ) A game of my own creation. Steal as many farms as you can in the 3 rounds. 0.5 points per farm. Potentially 96 points but make sure that doesnt happen!
  • Relic Wars - (10 ) Collect relics to duplicate yourself. Last player standing wins.
  • Chariot Race - (10 ) Brief Race in the Spina to gain your 10 points. There are 6 points available to the person who comes second. Watch out for powers!
  • Projectile Summoners - (10 ) Fire at targets or enemies to increase in number, last player standing wins.
  • Dwarf Hurdles - (10 ) Youd be surprised how many idiots dont see the terrain colour similar to their own or even click the dwarf and make someone else win. 10 points to the winner, 6 for the seconder.
  • Minefield - (10 ) Hurry across this evil forest and watch out for exploding monkeys!
  • The Great Race - (10 ) The longest race on the map!
  • Build A Hoplite - (10 ) Ye Olde Classic.

What could have been

• VAMPIRES! - (10 ) You are losing health continually. Stand near a villager to leech their health into yours, but be carefull! You might catch AIDS!
  • Maths Challenge - (10 ) Fear the randomly generated questions and answers. As well as the nerdy maths teacher...

Those games are not included ^^. However there are some triggers for Maths Challenge.

Notes

Version 1.3: May contain some bugs. Got rid of the test message .

Known Bugs

• In Build A Hoplite, if you buy too many mining upgrades you will exhaust your gold supply.
  • I cant be bothered to write all the objectives. Who looks at them anyway? There are instruction cinematics so theres no need for them.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 12-27-2007 @ 02:14 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 25 November 2007 11:22 AM EDT (US)     76 / 142       
    The odd thing is:

Triggers that have worked fine suddenly dont for NO REASON.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    nottud
    Hero
    posted 25 November 2007 04:06 PM EDT (US)     77 / 142       
    Well - what happens now for the triggers that used to work fine?

I had a random map pit of doom one where all nature powers would completely stop casting after a certain one had casted and I never understood it. It even stopped ones that were looping normally. It was not LOS so I never worked out what it is. In the end I had to revert to an older version of the same map where it did work and do that bit again. It was all rather odd and I never figured out what caused it.

Pahaps you got the same thing.

The boy with the mad imagination
    Prepare for the ultimate duel!
    Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
    Find out and download the transform trigger here.
    Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
    Mephiles
    Mortal
    (id: Titan602)
    posted 25 November 2007 04:19 PM EDT (US)     78 / 142       
    That was a random map though. I don't think Yeebaa has an older version.

MEPH
    [Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 25 November 2007 04:20 PM EDT (US)     79 / 142       
    I fixed some of them now, it was youer conditional effects , I just changed it to unit in area because it seems to be the army. However there is still one left, a QV trigger for TEG that determines if Player 1 wins. It is disfunctional, but wasnt before and hasnt been touched.

nottud
    Hero
    posted 25 November 2007 06:03 PM EDT (US)     80 / 142       
    it was youer conditional effects
    That is odd I must say. Must be the way you used it. Pahaps you didn't put enough end triggers or something. It is for like advanced users who understand how programming works.

All I did to make them was to use a find and replace to first change the conditions into effects, change the trigger name so it had conditional infront and change the condition command thingy to a normal command put inside an if statement. E.g. (trTime()-cActivationTime) >= %Param1% becomes if((trTime()-cActivationTime) >= %Param1%){

Insert a conditional end is } which closes it up ending the brcketed effects that run if the conditon is true.

Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 26 November 2007 11:16 AM EDT (US)     81 / 142       
    Hmm its a bit strange that these problems start happening without any warning, or tampering.

Fixed them all except the TEG win trigger .

Also I am creating a mind maze, where people have to use their intelligence to navigate challenges. Its hard!

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 11-26-2007 @ 11:25 AM).]

Mephiles
    Mortal
    posted 26 November 2007 11:37 AM EDT (US)     82 / 142       
    How does the maze work? Is it one of those switch ones?

MEPH

Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 26 November 2007 12:07 PM EDT (US)     83 / 142       
    Nothing so obvious .

Sponge of Honor
    Mortal
    posted 26 November 2007 03:02 PM EDT (US)     84 / 142       
    I fixed some of them now, it was youer conditional effects
    Hah! That condition was the reason why my triggers didn't work recently! 'Army distance to Army' is truly an upbuggy condition.

Please note that while you are reading this text you should have thought about the fact that the end of the world is going on outside.

Homepage

nottud
    Hero
    posted 26 November 2007 04:40 PM EDT (US)     85 / 142       
    Army distance to army - looking at it it would only work with 1 unit in the army. Secondly, I am not sure if will always work - I remeber when making it that people said it was impossible. The reason for this is to do with IDs and names. If the ID of the unit does not match the name, the trigger will mess up. (This will occur to every unit placed AFTER a unit has been deleted - even if it has been replaced!)

That was why it was pratically impossible to do the trigger - it is a condition that is currently said to be impossible so don't be suprised if it does not always work.
    'Army distance to Army' is truly an upbuggy condition.
    I am currently afraid that no better ones have been made since - sorry.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 11-26-2007 @ 04:41 PM).]

sneaky_squirrel
    Mortal
    posted 26 November 2007 08:47 PM EDT (US)     86 / 142       
    True nottud, the condition is buggy .

We might jsut as well stick to army and units.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
    Howmuchweed
    Mortal
    posted 27 November 2007 07:20 AM EDT (US)     87 / 142       

OMG GAME IDEA!

Game Name: Basketball
    Approximate Space: Not much just a small narrow court.
    Points: 2 points for each "point" scored, 3 points for a special unit.
    Powers: None
    Misc: Basically you could make an Ulfsark respawn in between the 2 teams, you would use Heka gigantes (with infinite special perhaps?) to put it into the hoop (will be a small square RAISED and will have cliff around it to stop hekas getting in). Max points 13, thats if you get all 5 basic units and the special one on the 6th round. Would be complicated but would be kind of a team work mini game.
    Mephiles
    Mortal
    posted 27 November 2007 11:29 AM EDT (US)     88 / 142       
    Clever. So it's like giants hocky/soccer?

MEPH

Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 27 November 2007 11:53 AM EDT (US)     89 / 142       
    Hmm sound alright, but I would not use hekas because they modify the height of the terrain. Maybe kastors instead.

Ive got a lot more space than I thought now .

Howmuchweed
    Mortal
    posted 28 November 2007 10:17 AM EDT (US)     90 / 142       
    I want credit for that idea now :P
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 01 December 2007 02:06 AM EDT (US)     91 / 142       
    Lol, if I add it... Must finish Mind Maze.

Also, the strangest thing is that the TEG glich does not happen in singleplayer, only multiplayer!

50% reached. You will get this map, its good enough to release once the gliches are fixed with the few games that are there .

EDIT:

Just finished the Mind Maze . Its a assortment of deviously evil puzzles designed to send players spinning. It is possible, its just to confound people and make them experiment. However, this still isnt harder or more annoying than TEG . *Testers groan*.

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 12-01-2007 @ 08:03 AM).]

Ymbirtt
    Mortal
    posted 01 December 2007 04:56 PM EDT (US)     92 / 142       
    Heh, testers groan, you got that right! Seriously, what were you thinking when you made that Mind Maze?

Anyway, about Minigames Paradise, the one that synced, I've been having a look at that in single player, just to see what's in there, and found that when I playtested it as Gaia, it showed a different cinematic from the human players.

This is probably just me being a noob, but if different things are playing at the same time, aren't they out of sync with each other?

Probably just a stupid assumption that everyone makes, and I've not tried changing it myself (because I don't know how), but do you think it's worth a try, or do you want to just focus on this one?

Also, I think that you should put that pong map you made in there, because it'd do better in a minigame set than as a map in its own right, I think, so:

OMG GAME IDEA!

Game Name: PONG!
    Approximate Space: Don't know dimentions, but fairly small.
    Powers: No powers, I think, unless you want to spice things up a bit.
    Misc: It'd be exactly like your ping pong map, with the raiders running back and forth repelling a Kastor, but in a tournament, where either you randomly pair them up or it goes 1v2 then 3v4, and then the winners of those play in a final to decide the points.

A miniature version of nottud's totally crazy Relic Catchers could be put in there, too, only with a smaller map, respawning relics, less hitpoints in the siphons, etc.
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 01 December 2007 05:00 PM EDT (US)     93 / 142       
    I originally developed Ping Pong to see if it worked before using it on this map, however it has 2 flaws:

• It requires an active AI
  • It is only possible with two players

• sneaky_squirrel
    Mortal
    posted 01 December 2007 05:02 PM EDT (US)     94 / 142       
    Nice, I just tested and it was an awesome expirience, the mind maze is hard.

Only 9 more minigames to go, and hopefully 8 with my idea .

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 02 December 2007 05:01 AM EDT (US)     95 / 142       
    Omg best idea ever!

A 8x8 block of 64 gaia farms. You each get a villager and rake the farms to convert them to you sdie. A few farms will turn into relics - if you go near them you get to cash in your points. Maybe a few special ones too .

Dont copy this, its mine!

Mephiles
    Mortal
    posted 02 December 2007 05:12 AM EDT (US)     96 / 142       
    So you have to get the most fars after the timer runs out?

MEPH

nottud
    Hero
    posted 02 December 2007 05:17 AM EDT (US)     97 / 142       
    Lol - well done you got an original idea.

Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 02 December 2007 05:34 AM EDT (US)     98 / 142       
    Now its just 1 point for every two farms every minute for 3 minutes.

sneaky_squirrel
    Mortal
    posted 05 December 2007 03:26 PM EDT (US)     99 / 142       

OMG GAME IDEA!

Game Name: Trivia
    Approximate Space: Not much actually.
    Points: 1 point or 2 points per answer and bonus points for first(10) and second place(6)
    Powers: Clues (Ragnarok or rain, and also very limited).
    Misc:With chat contains it is easy to do (It should work since it is for 4 players) to remove confusion on how to say the answer it will be multiple choice which we would need 4 or 5 statues, each with their name changed each time a question is asked the statues will have the posible answers as their names letting the first player with the correct answer get points and let the next question come, first guy to answer a certain number of questions right wins, and second one goes in second.

Pretty Unique to my point of view, is it posible?

To prevent fast typing we will make a trigger that if he answers incorrectly he will get decreased a point (question) to victory or just kill him for one round and then come back on the following round.

[This message has been edited by sneaky_squirrel (edited 12-05-2007 @ 03:28 PM).]

Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 05 December 2007 04:21 PM EDT (US)     100 / 142       
    I considered this but it would simply not work.

• The chat contains 4 players is a complete lie
  • I'd gain yet another advantage over everyone
  • Everyone would follow me
  • I'd need to do ltos of questions.

Nottud has some good ideas though

• « Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 6  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames