Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.142 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Showcase: The Dungeon RPG
Bottom
Topic Subject:Showcase: The Dungeon RPG
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6  Next Page »
AuroraP
Mortal
posted 06 June 2009 08:45 AM EDT (US)         

My token of appreciation for all the good things they've done.
This scenario is dedicated to Daniel and Kai.

Development

Gameplay

There are currently 812 Triggers.

Map Design

Storyline

One day a party of men from an ordinary village decided to pack up something to eat, some weapons and go hunting. And so they did,they started hunting in the nearby forest, to catch some nice deer. As they ventured deeper in the forest,they got lost and had no idea where they are.It was very strange, just out of nowhere they were looking at dead ends in all directions. They were positive that they haven't seen the huge rocks around them before. Clearly some magic was at work, and they assumed it was the evil kind of magic. They tried to find a way out, but found nothing. All there was were some trees, rocks, berry bushes and logs. Hopelessly they sat down together, they all gave up and cried, knowing they might never see their loved ones again. But the worst has not happened yet, soon, strange horrific voices started coming from the forest. They were scared... but one man stood up.
Man: " Come on men, let not some silly voices terrify you! You were trained and you can fight. We will not loose hope so easy! Grab your weapons, we need to be ready for anything."

Showcase

This scenario is a multiplayer rpg for 3 to 5 players, in making only since the start of April. It has some new, never before seen features applied to it. It's basically a RPG, but you don't just roam around; it's made of several separate dungeons, which you can enter by using portals or NPCs. Basically, you fight a war, which is not yours. You were summoned by an unknown person, to an unknown place, you have never seen before.When strange creatures started attacking, you had no choice but to fight back. The main thing in this scenario will not be the storyline, but the new style of fighting, the new function that i told you about earlier.

Gameplay

In this scenario, there will surely be some battles where you will fight 20 creatures or more at once. The creatures will come in waves and you will have to beat them by using brutal force and skills. There will also be bosses with special ablities, so you will definitely have to be carefull fighting them. Also there will be several dungeons which you will be able to enter at specific levels, and you will fight creatures, bosses, defend units, buildings and complete different asignments there. Also there will be a central marketplace, where you will be able to buy items of your choice.

Watch a teaser about some of the skills and features!

Skills

The map also features skills, that will aid the players while playing the scenario. Combat skills, and other player support skills that help players with getting money or getting better gear for fighting in the dungeons.

There are skills such as Mining, Smithing, Brewing and Gathering, totally remade, based fully on quest variables, and are sure to amaze you.

For more about Skills click this link

Map Design

Dimensions: 280 X 340

It is made of several parts as said before, they are differently shaped and the terrain is different in almost each of them.It has also been worked on alot, so the terrain mixtures are all different and there is some nice eyecandy for you to look at. I've also made some screenshots for you too look at at the bottom of the thread.

Special Features

- In the game you will use skills to produce an area of effect, to harm your opponents. The skills will be executed by using online hotkeys . You will be able to buy or obtain new skillsas you train and complete your assignments / missions.

- Food will be used for healing, you heal by pressing a hotkey. Food will be obtained while fighting and will also be buyable.

- A working brewery and smithing system, based fully on quest variables.

Credits

Contributors
  • SwordOfValor - Probably my best helper. He helped me with setting up hotkeys, triggers and some other things aswell. Thanks alot man, I really appreciate it.
  • Pubby - He helped me alot with the infinite leveling system. Great, thanks!
  • HailToTheOboe - Hail made a trigger for me that made that erased all annoying sounds. Thanks!
  • Kai Hirogashi - Thanks to Kai for the support and teaching me about the Hex Editor. You're awesome Kai.
  • AJER - He's also been supportive, and thread bumping xDDD Thanks mate.

Playtesters
    - Sword_Of_Valor
    - P_J_B
    - HMS_Porthsmouth
    - Kastr45
    - EXOLAR

Progress and Updates

Latest Update
    October 29th

I've done the eyecandy on the Marketplace, i've also added a screenshot of it. It looks really nice, and i've used something that i've never seen anyone use before- fountains, it's really great to see the great stuff you can do with them. I also stretched the buildings alot. Under those roofs are the merchants.

To view information about older updates click here

Screenshots

Also i've prepared some screenshots from the scenario, so you can imagine how it will be like in the dungeons.

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0

[This message has been edited by AuroraP (edited 10-29-2009 @ 04:41 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 22 October 2009 11:50 AM EDT (US)     101 / 142       
    Very sexy!

But I have a feeling I've seen it somewhere else. Not sure where though.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    Guard of Olympus
    Mortal
    posted 22 October 2009 12:22 PM EDT (US)     102 / 142       
    Nicce looking showcase now!

I just have to get a AoM that can play online...

~Guard of Olympus ~
    Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2
    AuroraP
    Mortal
    posted 22 October 2009 12:49 PM EDT (US)     103 / 142       
    UPDATE

Today i'm back with some new updates to the whole showcase, the new Dungeon banner.
    You probably thought i've stopped working on everything, but you were wrong hehe.
    I made all of the plans for triggering smithing and brewing, made plans for a balanced system of craft success or fail chances, and the amount of the crafted stuff you get. Also i've made a new website that will come with the map, to view stuff of the game that you might want to know e.g. what do you need to craft some stuff, how much exp you need for different levels etc. , it's all balanced and planned, I just need to do the triggering.
    In other news i'm working on an eyecandied marketplace, where you will be able to buy AND Sell your products from mining, brewing, gathering but not smithing, because by smithing armours they're already applied to you. More news will follow.

edit-
    Oh sry, thanks all of you guys, and
    @Yeeb
    Dunno what you are talking bout m8 xD, the banner'
    Naa this is a unique one.

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0

[This message has been edited by AuroraP (edited 10-22-2009 @ 12:52 PM).]

Kai Hirogashi
    Mortal
    posted 22 October 2009 03:41 PM EDT (US)     104 / 142       
    Dude this like woah! OMG! haha ;D

The showcase looks great and the banner is just the icing on the cake. Trust me you guys this imo is one of the greatest maps in AoMH history, believe it!

Well done once again bro, good luck!

|MEMORY|
    AuroraP
    Mortal
    posted 22 October 2009 04:21 PM EDT (US)     105 / 142       
    Thanks for the comment Kai, and get on msn xD

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0
    Nick The Hun
    Mortal
    (id: Nick_The_Hunn)
    posted 22 October 2009 04:46 PM EDT (US)     106 / 142       
    wow amazing indeed, i don't think i even need to say Good Luck, well i'll just say it Good Luck Aurora!
    JDmino
    Mortal
    posted 23 October 2009 03:00 AM EDT (US)     107 / 142       
    I have a feeling you are carrying on SoV's work, Aurora. Your doing it well. Keep up the good work.

The lord of all living beings, holder of the Ilvatar
    ~My Heavens~
    AoMH
    SpH
    DoFH
    Also, I am here.
    Ruairidh888
    Mortal
    posted 23 October 2009 05:11 AM EDT (US)     108 / 142       
    I can't imagine the trigger work that went into the skills. Especially the mining, I am guessing an awful lot of QVs were used.

Yeebaagooon: See, he's hardcore. Opting for people rather than vegetables!
    AuroraP
    Mortal
    posted 23 October 2009 01:26 PM EDT (US)     109 / 142       
    Well I don't know about carrying on his work lol, but he taught me alot of stuff, so we may have some similarities hehe. And thanks for the good wishes.

And yeah, alot of qvs are used in this scenario and the skills especially, actually, mining and gathering have the least quest variable work in them, brewing and smithing will have tons of it.

Though so far i've only completed mining and gathering and i'm still making brewing and smithing.

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0
    AuroraP
    Mortal
    posted 29 October 2009 04:21 AM EDT (US)     110 / 142       
    UPDATE

I've done the eyecandy on the Marketplace, i've also added a screenshot of it. It looks really nice, and i've used something that i've never seen anyone use before- fountains, it's really great to see the great stuff you can do with them. I also stretched the buildings alot. Under those roofs are the merchants.

This is the shot of the whole marketplace.

This is just a closer look at one of the magical houses, as you can see there are units under the roof, which are merchants.

Haven't posted a new screenshot in a long time, enjoy.

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0
    Guard of Olympus
    Mortal
    posted 29 October 2009 04:28 AM EDT (US)     111 / 142       
    Nice screenies!

Will it be playable in single player mode or are we have to play online? Hope it's both like Half Blood...

Also, I like the stretchings. I know you do them witha hex editor, but which hex editor do you use?

~Guard of Olympus ~

[This message has been edited by Guard of Olympus (edited 10-29-2009 @ 04:48 AM).]

AuroraP
    Mortal
    posted 29 October 2009 04:38 AM EDT (US)     112 / 142       
    Don't worry, I see there's many people who want it in singleplayer aswell, so i'll make it single too.
    Also, because both of my studiomates are leaving, i'm going to dedicate this scenario to them.

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0

[This message has been edited by AuroraP (edited 10-29-2009 @ 04:39 AM).]

Guard of Olympus
    Mortal
    posted 29 October 2009 04:50 AM EDT (US)     113 / 142       
    Oh, single player too! This is amazing, can't wait.

~Guard of Olympus ~
    Myles_Kennedy
    Mortal
    (id: Jack D P)
    posted 29 October 2009 05:28 AM EDT (US)     114 / 142       
    Can you seriously tell me how to use hex editors to do that? Those shots are amazing.

"I even heard rumors of a return of the SST (hint, hint..)" - Elrich

You heard it folks... Spam him until he makes a new SST thread!
    Guard of Olympus
    Mortal
    posted 29 October 2009 05:43 AM EDT (US)     115 / 142       
    How long time does it normally take to play this scenario in it's current state?

~Guard of Olympus ~
    AuroraP
    Mortal
    posted 29 October 2009 06:44 AM EDT (US)     116 / 142       
    not long, i've completed only 3 dungeons so far, with 2 of them actually being the same level, just they are randomised so that not every game is the same. I still have about 5 dungeons to complete, and ofc production skills will take some time to master, I think it's around 10-15 minutes to get to master level in every skill. Atm the playtime if you don't cheat xD, would be around 30 minutes. In the end I expect it to be alot longer.

About the hex editor. It's really complicated, if I get the permission, i'll write a guide on how to do it.

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0

[This message has been edited by AuroraP (edited 10-29-2009 @ 06:45 AM).]

Guard of Olympus
    Mortal
    posted 29 October 2009 06:54 AM EDT (US)     117 / 142       
    Cool, thanks!

30 minutes... that's rather long, though not as long as I expected. Is that 30 minutes of gameplay or does it include cinematics too?

~Guard of Olympus ~
    AuroraP
    Mortal
    posted 29 October 2009 09:13 AM EDT (US)     118 / 142       
    it includes cinematics too.

edit- at guard of olympus
    I've already written a whole guide for stretching buildings and the hex editor, but I won't be releasing it for some time, some of the guys who had something to do with it don't want it to be released just yet.

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0

[This message has been edited by AuroraP (edited 10-29-2009 @ 02:47 PM).]

AJER
    Mortal
    posted 30 October 2009 03:47 AM EDT (US)     119 / 142       
    Wow, nice update you have yourself there. Good to see this is almost done aswell, can't wait to play it.
    Lastig4
    Mortal
    posted 01 November 2009 05:39 AM EDT (US)     120 / 142       
    Will this be single player?

And btw, the post reply and new topic buttons are bugged.
    Post reply = new topic and new topic= post reply.

Currently working on:
    A pirate thing. Move the ship with the WASD keys, shoot with Q and E, stop with R. I need some help with bugged conditions and effects or other things I can't do.
    So hurry to the question/trigger thread, because there's probably a question I asked

[This message has been edited by Lastig4 (edited 11-01-2009 @ 05:41 AM).]

lostrozzacavalli
    Mortal
    posted 01 November 2009 05:47 AM EDT (US)     121 / 142       
    Cool showcase and screenies, best lucks with this scenario!
    Is the progress bar unpublished?

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
    RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
    Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
    Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
    WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
    My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
    AuroraP
    Mortal
    posted 01 November 2009 06:14 AM EDT (US)     122 / 142       
    It will probably be playable in singleplayer too, maybe i'll make two versions.

Thanks, yep it's unpublished xD, just some bars I made by myself cause alot of scenarios were using the same one (yeeb's) at that time.

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0

[This message has been edited by AuroraP (edited 11-01-2009 @ 06:15 AM).]

lostrozzacavalli
    Mortal
    posted 01 November 2009 06:24 AM EDT (US)     123 / 142       
    By the way, I can't figure out how did you make the units of the marketplace without mods... stretching them?

My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
    AuroraP
    Mortal
    posted 01 November 2009 08:39 AM EDT (US)     124 / 142       
    Yep, it was by stretching buildings. There's very few people who know how to stretch at the moment, but if I get permission from all the people who found out and know this trick, i'm going to post my tutorial, which I have already prepared.

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0

[This message has been edited by AuroraP (edited 11-01-2009 @ 08:39 AM).]

lostrozzacavalli
    Mortal
    posted 01 November 2009 09:01 AM EDT (US)     125 / 142       
    This would be really intresting -I only know the nottud's templates-.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames