Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Announcement... A new RPG
Bottom
Topic Subject:Announcement... A new RPG
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
pBiggZ
Mortal
(id: P_J_B)
posted 12 July 2009 04:27 PM EDT (US)         

Mods can close and hide this thread as I am using the new one now.
http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,28550,0,20

After the blast empire city resembles something of a post apocalyptic wasteland. Civilized society has been stomped out and if someone wants something, he'll take it by force. The police have been beaten back, whats left of the force is to afraid to stand up to make a difference. The people are powerless, hiding amidst the wonderland of destruction, and desecration, and the twisted metal rubble of ruined buildings from a bygone era. On top of that a plague broke out. To combat the biological threat the government has placed the city in government quarantine. The people cling to their past lives in the hopes that the government will swoop in and rescue them, but that hope is fading fast, food stocks are running low, people are dieing from disease and starvation. This city is in need of desperate help, if I don't save them, no one will...

Take control of Cole, Aaron, and Simon. 3 average guys in a not so average situation. A mysterious explosion has torn empire city apart, and left a select few with unbelievable powers. But Cole is angry. Angry because someone set him to cause the explosion, angry because he is being chased by the law, angry because no one is doing anything about the city anymore. He could do 2 things, he could spill blood on his path to vengeance, or he could become the hero. This is where you come in. Run, hide, shoot, fight, and weave your way through empire city and discover the true cause of the explosion, and the conspiracy that lays it. But be careful, the line between being the hero, and being the villain is deadly thin. What choices will you make?

Yes that's right, another rpg.
But this one will be different...

Current helpers:

Exolar
Sword of Valor
-T_W_B
-Ajer

Features:
A good/evil system similar to the one featured in the PS3 game "Infamous". Players will earn points for doing missions. If the mission is an evil mission, you will earn evil points, and vice-versa...

Once you get to a certain amount of points on one side, it will lock the other out, so if you stay evil until you hit this "threshold" it will lock out all good missions, and vice-versa.

A leveling system will be used. The nature of the system has not yet been determined because, once again, very little of the scenario has been made.

Classes

Paladins
Warriors of Holy might, they channel the powers of light and make a weapon out of it to smite their enemies. Paladins are experts in defense and healing of their own being, as well as healing of the rest of their team. They are invaluable on a team.

Warriors
Experts in hand to hand combat and the art of war at a close range, these are, physically speaking, the most powerful people around, they simply use strength, weaponry, and their fighting expertise to win battles.

Mages
The Mystical order of the Mages, has existed for hundreds of years, most of their people remain within special monasteries, but some have ventured out to become great advisers, adventurers and more. Mages channel magic out of the nether and weave it into their formidable arsenal of spells.

Death Knights
The death knights, are fear incarnate. They probe the dark art of necromancy and turn the very terror that lives in peoples minds, into horrible weapons of the unholy. Usually fiendish and wicked, some have broken free of their dark ambitions and joined others in the struggle to free the world of evil so they can release their brothers from the dark bonds of necromancy.

Enemies
Enemies in this game will come in 3 classes.
Infantry.
Archers.
Conduits.

Infantry are the backbone of enemy forces. They are likely the most common type of enemy you will face.

Infantry

Archers are the second most common enemy you will face.
Archers usually have weak armor, but a more powerful attack, and should be taken out quickly.

Archers

Conduits are the most dangerous kind of enemy you will face.
Conduits are beings that have absorbed power and are now able to manipulate it as a weapon.
They are rare but extremely powerful and well armored and should be destroyed quickly.

Conduits

The Police Station

The Arena Walls

Outside the gates

Thats all we have for now folks...
check back for updates sometime in the near future...

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8

[This message has been edited by P_J_B (edited 04-09-2010 @ 05:38 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
xEXOLARx
Mortal
posted 09 August 2009 00:58 AM EDT (US)     26 / 89       
yo P_J_B when your ready you can share the scenario file with me and I could try do some eyecandy/triggers if I have time.

'n' btw my rpg is already 630 kbs big... And I think I might have created new eyecandy I don't really know for sure, I just havnt seen anyone use it..

My Upcoming website!
The Black Hand RPG - Revived
Join my Facebook Group :P
Nazi Zombie Verukkt sound files
Mess With The BesT DiE LiKe ThE ReST
Argh!! It's EXOLAR not xEXOLARx get it right!!
pBiggZ
Mortal
posted 10 August 2009 07:27 PM EDT (US)     27 / 89       
k

THYMOLE
Mortal
posted 11 August 2009 09:11 PM EDT (US)     28 / 89       
is this gonna be sandbox style (think GTA)? That would be neat. Ill help for what im worth, kinda busy though.

good/evil is a good idea, it might even give the rpg, REPLAY VALUE! gasp*.

few ideas i was gonna use in my own scenario that got corrupted...

Mind control powers
Teleportation (tele to lures or something)
Plague (im thinking attatch mummy flies to someone and have them spread if u touch an infected person).

if u care i got a few others
WinstonShnozwick
Mortal
posted 11 August 2009 09:54 PM EDT (US)     29 / 89       
Sorry, could someone tell me what RPG stands for? All I can think of is rocket propelled grenade. lol

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
THYMOLE
Mortal
posted 11 August 2009 10:08 PM EDT (US)     30 / 89       
role playing game. Means games like Final fantasy or D&D. The idea is you play the role of a single character.

DUHR
WinstonShnozwick
Mortal
posted 12 August 2009 09:28 PM EDT (US)     31 / 89       
DUHR
Runs away crying in ignorance of RPG

-Its still rocket propelled grenade to me though

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
pBiggZ
Mortal
posted 13 August 2009 01:05 PM EDT (US)     32 / 89       
Its gonna be "sandbox style".

U get to roam across the cityscape. And yes, Hopefully it will have replay value because u dont do every single mission!

THYMOLE
Mortal
posted 13 August 2009 01:28 PM EDT (US)     33 / 89       
dfdsaf

[This message has been edited by THYMOLE (edited 02-01-2013 @ 12:09 PM).]

Joshonator
Mortal
posted 13 August 2009 01:58 PM EDT (US)     34 / 89       
Yay for my progress bar being used

<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>All my downloads here<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>

http://joshonator12.deviantart.com/

Progress Bars

[This message has been edited by Joshonator (edited 08-13-2009 @ 01:58 PM).]

pBiggZ
Mortal
posted 13 August 2009 04:05 PM EDT (US)     35 / 89       
LAWL

T_W_B
Mortal
posted 13 August 2009 05:30 PM EDT (US)     36 / 89       
this will sound stupid but what is "sandbox" style?

[This message has been edited by T_W_B (edited 08-13-2009 @ 05:31 PM).]

THYMOLE
Mortal
posted 13 August 2009 07:50 PM EDT (US)     37 / 89       
Like Grand theft auto where you can go anywhere any time. no predetermined course you need to take.

First sandbox game: Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Betcha didnt no that
Cirruis
Banned
posted 13 August 2009 08:47 PM EDT (US)     38 / 89       
Needs more ridiculous, terrible looking, aesthetically un-artistic building meshing. Until then it's mediocre.
pBiggZ
Mortal
posted 13 August 2009 10:19 PM EDT (US)     39 / 89       
@ thymole: i have legend of zelda ocarina of time, i do know that.

@ cirrow: those are old screenshots, the new shots look alot more established, and the city has lots of trees and green in it aswell, ill upload the new shots soon.

pBiggZ
Mortal
posted 14 August 2009 02:30 PM EDT (US)     40 / 89       
The showcase has been updated

THYMOLE
Mortal
posted 14 August 2009 07:13 PM EDT (US)     41 / 89       
No soul is complete without OoT...

anyway, the new banner seems sooo bright (if u didnt change it maybe its just my new comp, i cant tell) hurts me eyes.

I'll help/playtest/whatever
pBiggZ
Mortal
posted 14 August 2009 09:15 PM EDT (US)     42 / 89       
Fire tends to be err...
Firey.

When the time comes you can help playtest but im going on a vacation for a week tomorrow.

Make sure you read up on enemys because that will give you a good idea on how this game will be played.

T_W_B
Mortal
posted 15 August 2009 03:35 PM EDT (US)     43 / 89       
you should put in random weather so it seems more real
and night and day cycle
but you should have it rain some times maybe a little thunder and lightning
HELL! PUT IN A HURRICANE OR TWO!
Izzy Stradlin
Mortal
posted 15 August 2009 04:52 PM EDT (US)     44 / 89       
How did you make the troy walls turn on the side like that? it looks like it will be fun. how long until it is released??
pBiggZ
Mortal
posted 23 August 2009 02:27 PM EDT (US)     45 / 89       
the tilted buildings is nottud's editor superpack.

Actually speaking of hurricains, i was in florida all week and almost got hit by 3 tropical systems.

claudette just missed new smyrna beach (where we wers staying) Ana also just missed us. Hurricain bill didnt touch florida, but it churned up waves that reached practically 9 feet tall.

No i will not put in a hurricain. there isnt much of a way to mimick stormsurge. but i will put in weather effects like a realistic lightning storm with wind, dark lightings, and bright lightning.

pBiggZ
Mortal
posted 26 August 2009 04:13 PM EDT (US)     46 / 89       
The classes have been decided.

Deathknights
warriors
paladins
mages

Lewonas
Mortal
posted 27 August 2009 06:16 AM EDT (US)     47 / 89       
Deathknights
WoW?

What are the key ingredients to make a popular RPG? To find out, read the results of the RPG survey.
Want to create an advanced patrol/pathfinding system? Have a look at the powerful Pathfinding triggers.
Games I'm playing: The Witness [80%] Chivalry: Medieval Warfare [20%]
pBiggZ
Mortal
posted 27 August 2009 08:55 PM EDT (US)     48 / 89       
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS

T_W_B
Mortal
posted 30 August 2009 08:15 PM EDT (US)     49 / 89       
wow this topic has died
THYMOLE