You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.123 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Showcase: The Black Hand RPG
Bottom
Topic Subject:Showcase: The Black Hand RPG
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5  Next Page »
xEXOLARx
Mortal
posted 20 July 2009 06:20 AM EDT (US)         
This is a Multiplayer Map that is played with 4 human players.

Story
The Black Hand RPG is about a group of assassins who set their eyes on the prize, they wanted Franz Ferdinand dead. Their plan was simple, run into the imperial palace and shout Allahuakbar! and blow themselves up. But the plan got interfered by a Monster who shot down the helicopter the 4 assassins were in (Resnov, Orlando, Gavrilo, & Bouch). Now they just have to find a way to assasinate Franz Ferdinand...

Starting units = old man

The first boss: Satyr (Monster) -COMPLETE- credit to IMP_0F_Destruct0 for his fire and oil idea
info: The Monster was a soldier for the Serbian army, he was exposed to radiation and mutated. He looks...well...like a monster. His mutation messed his head up and turned him evil, he is also resistant to normal weapons and is weak against fire.

The second boss: The Old Man (Mr Wolf) -Almost complete-
info: When the Old Man was young he was attacked by vicious dogs. While the dogs were attacking him he was exposed to surrounding jews betting on how long he would live. The jews mutated him and he contracted a dog virus which changes him into a wolf when he feels like it, he also learnt Jew Jutsu, a powerful martial art thats stronger than narutos shadow clone jutsu.

Current Production rate
  • stopped, will resume work after fixing up nazi zombies verukkt and finishing of hunter survival

Curently working on
  • converting most the triggers to MP triggers
  • fixing bugs via intense playtesting
  • Awesome inventory system for 9 weapons is complete all I need to do now is to fix up the inventory trigger bugs. Then working on a cinematic.
  • trying to disable loop triggers to make game run faster :/

Features: (Spoilers)
  • Working Custom songs, icons, Added in some cinematic sound files, all of the voiceacting is by me and it sounds pretty funny. http://rikuakutenshi.com/exolar cinematic sound.ZIP
  • Working Ability to find Weapons on the ground and use them
  • Working Random events at the start of every game. You may start the game and everythings normal, when you rehost it a few quests might be unlocked or disabled and buildings might disapear.
  • almost completeYes and No hotkeys like the one I implemented in Nazi zombies
  • Working An inventory - Melee slot, bow slot, gun slot, spc slot
  • Working Lvling by EXP
  • Working Secret upgrades that are hard to find
  • Finished Unlock the ability to transform into a ghost and move past fallen objects!
  • Working You have to use your brain (O_0)
  • not finished What ever action you do will impact the main quest, for e.g at the start there is a priest if you talk to him numberous quests appear in the game, if you dont then numerous quests change. Also after the first quest players choose diffrent quests when they talk to people.
  • Complete Eyecandy I hope a bit of it is unique
  • Complete-Ability to save,abandon or inflict chaos to make the prisoners fight eachother
  • Finished A revival system, you can die but your not out unless you've been dead for 30 seconds.
  • Finished you can do a quest to unlock the ability to revive team mates
  • Finished Rage mode- go berserk for 30 secs
  • Working Hotkeys, only made possible by Sword_Of_Valor
  • Working random rewards from quests
  • Working ability to reject or accept some quests
  • Working A bank to store your gold and retrieve it.
  • Complete Weapon storage, store up to 3 weapons out of 9 weapons. just need to fix bugs

• Days since the first creation
  • From the 29th of May 2009 to 3nd Jan 2010 so far.
    219 Days

Map Size so far
    older edit 711 KBS (last edit [28/09/2009] 1:07PM)

• old edit 848 KBS (last edit [2/01/2010] 5:19PM)

• previous edit 877 KBS (last edit [3/01/2010] 5:30PM)

• Current 897 KBS (last edit [6/01/2010] 8:57PM)

Trigger count
  • more than 335 Triggers I'm NOT counting anymore, too time consuming.

Triggers

Map Desighn

I'm looking for playtesters, helpers, constructive critisizm and trigger help. If your intrested and want to see the map so far just reply on this topic.

my email is here so if you want to help just message me

exolarx@hotmail.com

My Upcoming website!
    The Black Hand RPG - Revived
    Join my Facebook Group :P
    Nazi Zombie Verukkt sound files
    Mess With The BesT DiE LiKe ThE ReST
    Argh!! It's EXOLAR not xEXOLARx get it right!!

[This message has been edited by xEXOLARx (edited 01-25-2010 @ 03:14 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    sneaky_squirrel
    Mortal
    posted 07 September 2009 09:26 PM EDT (US)     76 / 123       
    Just relax man...I'll kill you, how could you betray us!...relax.

I am sending mixed messages ;p.

Nah, but seriously don't push yourself.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
    pBiggZ
    Mortal
    (id: P_J_B)
    posted 08 September 2009 04:26 PM EDT (US)     77 / 123       
    go at ur own rate exolar.

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
    AuroraP
    Mortal
    posted 09 September 2009 12:17 PM EDT (US)     78 / 123       

Features: (Spoilers)
  • Working-Ability to find Weapons on the ground and use them
  • not finished An inventory
  • Working Secret upgrades that are hard to find
  • Finished Unlock the ability to transform into a ghost and move past fallen objects!
  • Working You have to use your brain (O_0)
  • not completed What ever action you do will impact the main quest, for e.g at the start there is a priest if you talk to him numberous quests appear in the game, if you dont then numerous quests change. Also after the first quest players choose diffrent quests when they talk to people.
  • WorkingGreat Eyecandy I hope a bit of it is unique
  • not completed-Ability to save, kill or abandon prisoners
  • Finished A revival system, you can die but your not out unless you've been dead for 30 seconds.
  • Finished Rage mode- go berserk for 30 secs
  • working Hotkeys
  • Working random rewards from quests
  • Working ability to reject or accept some quests
  • Not Started When you die completely you turn into a ghost

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0

[This message has been edited by AuroraP (edited 09-09-2009 @ 12:17 PM).]

THYMOLE
    Mortal
    posted 09 September 2009 03:44 PM EDT (US)     79 / 123       
    O NOES! NOT A CAPiTaLLIzATION ErRoR

If you wanna get intense there is a uncapitalized "n" in not working and an extra - after the first feature and the not completed feature, several of the features are capitallized and some are not. and a few are missing spaces...

0 well
    CharlieDog
    Mortal
    posted 10 September 2009 01:50 AM EDT (US)     80 / 123       
    O NOES! NOT A CAPiTaLLIzATION ErRoR

If you wanna get intense there is a uncapitalized "n" in not working and an extra - after the first feature and the not completed feature, several of the features are capitallized and some are not. and a few are missing spaces...

0 well
    Your own reasoning is flawed, a becomes an when used in front of a vowel.

On topic, this is looking very interesting. I like the new market screenshot. Good building mixes.
    AuroraP
    Mortal
    posted 13 September 2009 02:53 PM EDT (US)     81 / 123       
    THYMOLE, please just stfu. This has nothing related to capitalization of letters. The hotkeys trick was SoV's trick, which he wants to be kept a secret, he trusted me with them, and then I used them in my map. You knew I had to ask him before I showed you my map, just because of the hotkeys trick - it's his trick and I have no right to pass it on if he doesn't permit me to do it. I don't know where you copied the setup from, his or my map, but my point it - WE TRUSTED YOU MAN. We both told you not to use them or give them to anyone.
    And THYMOLE, no offense about the stfu, I was just a bit pissed off.

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0

[This message has been edited by AuroraP (edited 09-13-2009 @ 02:56 PM).]

THYMOLE
    Mortal
    posted 13 September 2009 03:05 PM EDT (US)     82 / 123       
    Its a secret? SoV just randomly invited me to see the map one day and said how he did the hotkey trick.

I think the file name was rpg 168 for proof...

[This message has been edited by THYMOLE (edited 09-13-2009 @ 03:05 PM).]

AuroraP
    Mortal
    posted 13 September 2009 03:17 PM EDT (US)     83 / 123       
    I don't know, he did name some people I shouldn't send my map to. So it's clear that he doesn't want everybody to see it.

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0

[This message has been edited by AuroraP (edited 09-13-2009 @ 03:42 PM).]

THYMOLE
    Mortal
    posted 13 September 2009 03:48 PM EDT (US)     84 / 123       
    The Noble One
    Mortal
    posted 13 September 2009 05:32 PM EDT (US)     85 / 123       
    Evidently speaking, I believe this is forgery my friend. You know exactly what I mean. Mushroom.

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0
    SwordOfValor
    Knight
    posted 13 September 2009 05:58 PM EDT (US)     86 / 123       
    Thymole. You were lucky to see it. Someone I trusted hosted the map on eso and now a whole bunch of people have it. So I figured whats the harm in letting you see it. And of course Exolar decides to also copy the triggers as soon as he got his hands my map.I didn't mind too too much but he was going to keep it secret. Whatever happened to that? lol

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0
    HailToTheOboe
    Bitten by a radioactive ostrich
    posted 13 September 2009 06:54 PM EDT (US)     87 / 123       
    Pretty recently, Mythic Freak posted triggers in the request thread for hotkeys.

I don't know if he's using Sword's method or Mythic's (I don't even know if they're different - if so, it is likely something pretty small), but I'm pretty sure the concept of hotkeys can be considered public domain now :P

But if he decides he does not want people to think he is simply copying someone else's work, he can simply switch over to Mythic's method and no one could complain (as long as credit is given).
    xEXOLARx
    Mortal
    posted 14 September 2009 03:31 AM EDT (US)     88 / 123       
    And of course Exolar decides to also copy the triggers as soon as he got his hands my map.I didn't mind too too much but he was going to keep it secret. Whatever happened to that? lol
    Meh sorry to break the news to you, and hows ur halfblood going? Anyway you probs thing I'm either a noob or an idea stealer but either way Sov your f***ing awesome

My Upcoming website!
    AuroraP
    Mortal
    posted 14 September 2009 08:01 AM EDT (US)     89 / 123       
    either way you have lost my trust.

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0
    CharlieDog
    Mortal
    posted 14 September 2009 08:08 AM EDT (US)     90 / 123       
    Does it really matter? Just look at the game Brave Sword which uses hot keys. I think that it's quite easy to find out how.
    AuroraP
    Mortal
    posted 14 September 2009 08:28 AM EDT (US)     91 / 123       
    singleplayer and multiplayer hotkeys are different.

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0
    HailToTheOboe
    posted 14 September 2009 01:19 PM EDT (US)     92 / 123       
    The real question is do you have a good way to reset the hotkeys back to their defaults when the game ends, player quits, or disconnects, or do you just rely on them rebooting AoM afterwards (or force them to reboot it haha)
    WinstonShnozwick
    Mortal
    posted 14 September 2009 07:00 PM EDT (US)     93 / 123       
    You know, I did make my own hotkeys system in my COMBINATION EFFECTS map. It was my own design, and anyway, how would it be a secret? I beleive that my system is the best, because there is really no way to destroy the hotkeys. Seriously, anyway, isn't how to do hotkeys like common information with triggerers? Just make a unit a group, and then use a trigger so that when you select that unit (via the number) the effects happen. Its pretty simple, and I didn't look at anyone elses setups to make mine, I just approached it as a new problem and solved it.

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
    Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
    Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
    6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
    THYMOLE
    Mortal
    posted 14 September 2009 07:38 PM EDT (US)     94 / 123       
    Unit selected does not work online because the trigger only fires for the person who selects the unit, and then everyone gets OoS.

Technically you could just do something mean like add in a unit selected at the end to cause an OoS at the end of the final cine.
    WinstonShnozwick
    Mortal
    posted 14 September 2009 07:45 PM EDT (US)     95 / 123       
    But it has a selector for the specific units(s) and also the player though. So why? It has it for specific player.

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
    Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
    Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
    6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
    HailToTheOboe
    posted 14 September 2009 10:28 PM EDT (US)     96 / 123       
    Hotkeys using number groups is a great safe way (which has been used a fair bit by now and for good reason), because then you aren't actually mapping new hotkeys, you are taking advantage of the existing system.

The unit selected condition is only true for one player, so if you hook it up to a gameplay effect (like grant resources) only one person's version of the game will see that effect occur and the game goes out of sync.

Same for most other ways of hotkeys, you can map a hotkey directly to fire an event, but that event still only gets fired on that one player's computer, so you need one extra level of separation where you use a command that automatically synchronizes before firing the gameplay event.

Chat contains works, that's what Mythic used (I first saw it used for auto-syncing by angryz0r, but maybe someone else did before), but there are other commands as well.
    Transform vill to ulf, or spawn a unit via console command work. If it is some kind of ui/console command that can normally be activated by a hotkey or a gadget button, chances are it auto-syncs, so you could use it as the middle step.
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 02 January 2010 01:17 PM EDT (US)     97 / 123       
    Unarchived on request.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    sneaky_squirrel
    Mortal
    posted 02 January 2010 02:36 PM EDT (US)     98 / 123       
    Yay, this lives on!, unlike me...huzzah!

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
    Guard of Olympus
    Mortal
    posted 02 January 2010 02:36 PM EDT (US)     99 / 123       
    Cool. So you're Ęgoing to finish it?

~Guard of Olympus ~
    Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2
    xEXOLARx
    Mortal
    posted 03 January 2010 01:09 AM EDT (US)     100 / 123       
    well I've decided to do edits to it :P ive done quite alot of edits but there still isn't much quests added maby like 1 but I've remade the triggers 'cus when I started I didnt no how to do quest vars I converted cinematic blocks instead (a form of quest vars).

But hopefully I can find the will to finish the quests of instead of adding more features.

I'm gonna be playtesting it now.

My Upcoming website!
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames