You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.427 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Continuous Cinematic Competition - Closed
Bottom
Topic Subject:Continuous Cinematic Competition - Closed
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 15 16 17  Next Page »
Alex_Of_Macedon
Mortal
posted 23 September 2009 09:21 PM EDT (US)         

The competition unfortunatly had to close, in fact I didn't think for a second it'd last very long, but it still brought to AoMH some amazing works, that you can watch by clicking on the links.

However, you can still come in this thread to talk about cinematics, ask advice, post some works of yours. There will always be experimented cinematic makers to advice you. You can also come to ask for teammates if you are making something about cinematics, ask if anyone knows good music for a soundtrack or comment about the different cinematics that were made for the CCC, shown below.

Compilation of all past entries (In order of submition)

• Dies Irae(Day of Wrath), by Alex_Of_Macedon
  • Farewell, City of the Sea, by HailToTheOboe
  • The Fall of Atlantis, by Elrich
  • We're on a mission from God, by HailToTheOboe
  • Boom Boom Pow, by Lostrozzacavalli
  • The Bow of Odysseus, by Alex_Of_macedon
  • The Final Destination of Alexander the Great, by Alex_Of_Macedon
  • Going for a Drive, by HailToTheOboe
  • Gaia Airlines, by THYMOLE
  • Farewell, City of the Sea remake, by Elrich/HailToTheOboe

• Winner of the AoMH Screenshot Tournament IV
    Some of my cinematics: Vinland Saga Dies Irae (Day of Wrath) The Bow of Odysseus The Final Destination of Alexander the Great

[This message has been edited by Alex_Of_Macedon (edited 12-24-2009 @ 09:53 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
    THYMOLE
    Mortal
    posted 02 December 2009 08:01 PM EDT (US)     401 / 427       
    Elrich
    Hero
    posted 03 December 2009 01:06 AM EDT (US)     402 / 427       
    @Thymole: how about Jacob's ladder -
    All at once the clouds are parted
    and light streams down in bright unbroken streams..
    Follow men's eyes as they look to the sky..
    the shifting shafts of shining weave the fabric of our dreams...

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
    Find the blood inside this stone
    Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
    I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
    Alex_Of_Macedon
    Mortal
    posted 05 December 2009 09:40 AM EDT (US)     403 / 427       
    I'll start my cinematic this week end, while mixing it with other games and activities so should be here monday.

I'll probably extend deadline so that people get an entire more week end.

Winner of the AoMH Screenshot Tournament IV
    Some of my cinematics: Vinland Saga Dies Irae (Day of Wrath) The Bow of Odysseus The Final Destination of Alexander the Great
    Alex_Of_Macedon
    Mortal
    posted 12 December 2009 06:18 PM EDT (US)     404 / 427       
    Okay so I have an announcement to do, I'm closing the CCC

I knew it wouldn't hold long, I honestly didn't think for a second it'd be permanent. My aim was especially to reunite a small bunch of good cinematics, have some more activity than usual in SD forum, a lot of people came to see the products, and maybe make some people want to start trying cinematics, and it also gave me an occasion to devellop my movie skills

I don't feel bad at all about closing it, it was getting inactive anyway, it was starting to be a lot of work for me and I would have probably stopped making entries as I am almost done making the storyline for a project and I'm soon going to start making it(Plus I restarted playing WoW) so an entry each round would have slowed me too much.

lostrozzacavalli
    Mortal
    posted 13 December 2009 04:11 AM EDT (US)     405 / 427       
    It was a great competition though, Alex .

Utilities || Map Tool 3.1 Inventory Triggers MP Triggers Comic AoM
    RandomMaps || Mad Supremacy Escape Your Mates Escape
    Scenarios || Bomberman Minigames Y 2.0 Convert & Fight
    Games || Bullet Demo Ball Bouncer 3D
    WRP_Beater: "Meglio una gallina oggi che un uovo domani."
    My name has been misspelled 132 times (Last: BSU_DoLhades Best: Lostrozzabercrombie In a row: 5)
    Guard of Olympus
    Mortal
    posted 13 December 2009 05:39 AM EDT (US)     406 / 427       
    I was close to enter a few times, but I never did. Great contest, really intresting to watch all those movies.

~Guard of Olympus ~
    Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2
    Alex_Of_Macedon
    Mortal
    posted 13 December 2009 07:28 AM EDT (US)     407 / 427       
    Well in fact, I didn't really consider it a 'competition' the aim was more to just give an occasion for people like me or hail or Elrich who like making cinematics to make some short ones. It is rare that someone will upload in the download section a 1-2 mins cinematic, but this competition gave a motive.

So yes, I am happy to see all the cinematics that were made. If you want to look at all of them at once again, all the links are in main post.

Troy_Im_No_Noob
    Mortal
    posted 13 December 2009 07:39 AM EDT (US)     408 / 427       
    Could I perhaps use Hypercam? (Unregistered of course - why would I pay money to register it....)

It doesn't have a recording limit so it just seams a lot easier to record a cinematic with it compared to that FRAPS program which I've never even heard of before.

I'm quite aware that by using Hypercam it makes a little white box in the top right corner of the screen saying Unregistered Hypercam2, and if it really means that much to people I can edit(crop) it out with my movie editing program.

1. Perfection is impossible.
    2. Nothing is impossible.
    3. There are always exceptions.
    Milkman Matty
    Mortal
    (id: Khan And Steak)
    posted 13 December 2009 07:41 AM EDT (US)     409 / 427       
    By the time I knew this existed its already closed . I hope this doesn't mean your going to be leaving us forever .
    It is rare that someone will upload in the download section a 1-2 mins cinematic, but this competition gave a motive.
    Oh so true, If I would have known this thread was going to be created I would have waited before I submitted Project - Dreamer ~ Khan

<||=================================||>
    Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
    96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
    { "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    Alex_Of_Macedon
    Mortal
    posted 13 December 2009 08:26 AM EDT (US)     410 / 427       
    hope this doesn't mean your going to be leaving us forever .
    No of course not, don't worry

HailToTheOboe
    Bitten by a radioactive ostrich
    posted 13 December 2009 10:29 AM EDT (US)     411 / 427       
    :'(

It's no suprise really, but it's still sad.

I guess that means that I won the entire CCC haha
    I was actually looking forward to watching a round without participating.

@troy - hypercam is fine. Even when we use fraps there is a "fraps.com" tag at the top, so it's no issue. You can crop it if you want, but no need.
    On the other hand though, make sure hypercam's performance is good enough. I tried a few other recorders (CamStudio, Debut Video Capture) and they were so loaded with compression codecs (which I couldn't figure out how to disable) and the video comes out either really choppy, blurry, or both. Fraps records the raw video data live, so it is smoother and cleaner, and then you can do the compression and stuff later to reduce the filesize, without reducing quality.

On the other hand, with a faster computer maybe you'd have enough overhead for CamStudio or Hypercam to run at full speed without lowering the frame rate. I just got a new computer and I tried out Fraps to see if the camera lag got completely eliminated, and playing scenario while recording ran significantly faster than playing scenario without recording on the old computer.

[This message has been edited by HailToTheOboe (edited 12-13-2009 @ 10:31 AM).]

Elrich
    Hero
    posted 13 December 2009 08:25 PM EDT (US)     412 / 427       
    Alex: Why don't you change the purpose of this thread to Cinematic Showcase. That way people have a place to post videos where everyone can stop by and check them out. People can do it based on their inspiration without limit of current subject or time constraint. I still have an itching to do a cinematic for something and instead of posting it in my own thread, your thread here would be great for that. I also will combine Hail's and my Atlantis cinematics to match the song that was in mine (performed by Hail) and I will post it here.

What does everyone think?

Alex_Of_Macedon
    Mortal
    posted 13 December 2009 08:45 PM EDT (US)     413 / 427       
    Elrich@ Hey thanks, it's a good idea! It could be a cinematic discussion thread, people can ask for advice, ask for help on a cinematic (Like sometimes when people want to have someone make the cinematics for their scenario, etc), and people could post videos of their movies.

Troy_Im_No_Noob
    Mortal
    posted 13 December 2009 09:50 PM EDT (US)     414 / 427       
    Okay thanks - I'll try Hypercam to start off with, and if it doesn't have that good of a quality then I'll try using a different program.

1. Perfection is impossible.
    2. Nothing is impossible.
    3. There are always exceptions.
    Elrich
    Hero
    posted 13 December 2009 09:56 PM EDT (US)     415 / 427       
    ..an even better idea. But you seriously have to update the main post. It's way too big with stuff right now. You have to get your idea across in about 1-2 sentences an organize the existing videos neatly. I'm sure Yeeb will modify the title for you.

Elrich
    Hero
    posted 19 December 2009 12:55 PM EDT (US)     416 / 427       
    I have finished rebuilding my Atlantis cinematic by appending HailToTheOboe's cinematic to the end of mine. This was a fantastic suggestion by Hail and because of the combined cinematics, there is enough time to support the entire song that I used originally. The very cool thing about the song is that it was performed by the wind ensemble that Hail is a part of (I'll let you figure out what instrument he played ). This gives the song and the video a proper ending and I am very excited about the final result. I think you will be as well:

Here is a vidcap preview:

[This message has been edited by Elrich (edited 12-21-2009 @ 11:41 AM).]

Alex_Of_Macedon
    Mortal
    posted 19 December 2009 02:16 PM EDT (US)     417 / 427       
    Oh my god that was awesome. The slight differences in the cinematics made it even cooler than the first ones...

I should really start designing again, I have a very good idea I'm thinking since weeks but I am in a kind of physical block when it comes to starting the map...

HailToTheOboe
    posted 20 December 2009 01:44 PM EDT (US)     418 / 427       
    Thanks for doing that Elrich, it's beautiful

did you leave a center tag unclosed or something?

[This message has been edited by HailToTheOboe (edited 12-20-2009 @ 01:50 PM).]

Guard of Olympus
    Mortal
    posted 20 December 2009 02:21 PM EDT (US)     419 / 427       
    I still have no idea of how Hail made the buildings so that they can be seen through...It's amazing. How did you do it!

~Guard of Olympus ~
    Alex_Of_Macedon
    Mortal
    posted 20 December 2009 02:27 PM EDT (US)     420 / 427       
    He once explained it in the CSC thread, it's about a button located somewhere

HailToTheOboe
    posted 20 December 2009 02:42 PM EDT (US)     421 / 427       
    There are multiple settings for obscured unit outlines.

Default is just a blotch of player colour in the shape of the unit, but there are multiple settings including
    -no visible outlines (unit just can't be seen)
    -building goes transparent so you can see the unit
    -unit goes transparent
    -variations on the above 2 where only selected unit/buildings go transparent

Here is the button
    And here are three shots that I used it in:
    http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc304/HailToTheOboe/CSC/AJarlsLegacy.png
    http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc304/HailToTheOboe/CSC/DispleasedSpirits.jpg
    http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc304/HailToTheOboe/CSC/Fallen.png

And I used the transparent building variation for the floating image of Atlantis.

[This message has been edited by HailToTheOboe (edited 12-20-2009 @ 02:47 PM).]

Guard of Olympus
    Mortal
    posted 20 December 2009 02:50 PM EDT (US)     422 / 427       
    Cool, I didn't thought that was usable in cinematics or in-game play...Thanks!n

~Guard of Olympus ~
    Elrich
    Hero
    posted 21 December 2009 11:50 AM EDT (US)     423 / 427       
    @Hail: I completely left an inner table unfinished actually
    You're welcome. it was such a perfect suggestion of yours to combine our entries and it was well worth the few hours to put it together and re-time everything. I will be excited when Alex reworks the main thread to make this more of a showcase. Hopefully then ours and the other works won't be lost in an archived thread.

Alex_Of_Macedon
    Mortal
    posted 21 December 2009 05:02 PM EDT (US)     424 / 427       
    I will be excited when Alex reworks the main thread to make this more of a showcase
    Done

Only thing left is to get Yeeb to change title, won't be too long.

Elrich
    Hero
    posted 22 December 2009 10:02 AM EDT (US)     425 / 427       
    Alex, put the links to the youtube videos between [video][/video] brackets instead of urls and you'll get a preview picture.

HailToTheOboe
    posted 24 December 2009 08:33 PM EDT (US)     426 / 427       
    Alex_Of_Macedon
    Mortal
    posted 08 January 2010 07:34 AM EDT (US)     427 / 427       
    hey if anyone's interested I uploaded my last CCC entry, the one about the death of Alexander.

It's always better than to watch on youtube, and as it was my best one yet I decided to upload it, can be found here

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 15 16 17  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames