You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.39 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » A Man For Hire...
Bottom
Topic Subject:A Man For Hire...
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 02 December 2009 10:33 PM EDT (US)         
RELEASED!!!

Whilst waiting for play testing on The Amnesiac, I got terribly bored, so here I am announcing a new scenario. It uses the 'player set active trigger effect that I informed the CASTWCRT team about a few weeks ago.

Now, before you go getting confused, this is not a showcase, nor is it an announcement. This scenario (A Man For Hire) is DONE, Complete and ready for final play testing. I'm gonna let it set for a few days, let you guys salivate over my pics, and then I'll publish it. If you wish to bypass this BS... well, heh, see below.

This is the Spotlight from the scenario

This Scenario is one designed by H. E. Billings, and his Sexy Assistant (Cliche there!), to break the mold. Whether or not we succeed, however... Well, let's just get on with it. You start out by choosing between two Pharaohs, and Arkantos with Atalanta. After that, you grab the boat, and find your way to the road, past the robbers that are in the woods (Cliche there!) And then you can build your own Empire at the crossroads (Cliche there!), or you can go north, work for the Egyptian Supreme Master. You can go west, and work for the Greek King Leego. Alternatively, you can go east, cross that bridge when you get there (Another cliche!), and work for the Atlantean Republic. If you so choose, you can even become a traitor, and leave one civilization to work for another. But you'll have to fight your way in. To win, you'll need to kill off the leaders of all opposing civilizations, That is, General Dadactylus, The Supreme Master, and King Leego.

I'm reasonably confident that it works, but am too wary to just stuff it out there in the open. So, if any one is intrigued enough... speak up, post e-mail and I'll send you the file and expect a report.

Now, for the fun part! Screenies!

1)

2)

3)

Now be aware, for those of you who don't know how this effect works, this does not convert a civilization to your god, it set a civilization as played by player. Thus you can start as player one, and end the game as player three, six, or seven. With any god the effect is set to. You can start a Norseman, and end up an Atlantean. That's what makes this Scenario so different from most others. So... be excited!

[This message has been edited by Hammerhands (edited 12-30-2009 @ 03:02 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Kai Hirogashi
Mortal
posted 02 December 2009 10:52 PM EDT (US)     1 / 39       
Nice seems to me like its going to be good! Great work keep it up!

|MEMORY|
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 02 December 2009 10:57 PM EDT (US)     2 / 39       
CharlieDog
Mortal
posted 03 December 2009 00:18 AM EDT (US)     3 / 39       
I suppose I could playtest it, depends on how long it goes for. I don't have too much time, but I could spare half an hour to play it or an hour. I suppose you would already have my email. Sorry about Amnesiac, if you include it I'll try to playtest again.
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 03 December 2009 00:26 AM EDT (US)     4 / 39       
THY want's me to just post it (The Amnesiac). I'm not so sure. I want it perfect. But I suppose he's getting tired of playing it over and over and over.

I'll send them your way then. Thanks!
CharlieDog
Mortal
posted 04 December 2009 04:08 AM EDT (US)     5 / 39       
I've had a play of it, haven't finished yet, after siding with King Leeto, about half of the guys converted to my team, which was a bit frustrating. I'm planning to finish it tommorow. A suggestion: perhaps you should add enemies along the pathway.
somerandomdude
Mortal
posted 04 December 2009 04:36 AM EDT (US)     6 / 39       
Sexy
I see a boat.

I cracked up laughing!

Looks good. When I first saw the title I though that you were offering to be 'hired' to work on some scn! Hah.

EDIT: I can't get that yellow the right shade!

To the slaughter!
To the slaughter!
A race to the slaughterhouse!

[This message has been edited by somerandomdude (edited 12-04-2009 @ 04:41 AM).]

THYMOLE
Mortal
posted 04 December 2009 03:27 PM EDT (US)     7 / 39       
I'll playte- o right, thats takes time...

BTW i forgot to mention, you need to make sure that player one is the selected player in the editor when you last save the file. In the amnesiac you left it as Gaia, so i had to use nottuds thingy to switch
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 04 December 2009 04:02 PM EDT (US)     8 / 39       
Thanks Random, try banana.

Charliedog, what do you mean? What guys? The buildings are supposed to convert to Player seven, just as you do, when you accept his offer. But there shouldn't be any men converting. Who converted?
More brigands perhaps? Did you find their campsite?

Oh wait. Aardvark found a nasty bug for me. That the enemy becomes allied to you when you get into their base. It's fixed now. Sorry. Want the new file? It has new features.

THY, sorry. I keep doing that... I even know to look out for it... Grr... Thanks though.

EDIT! Random! Looking for a project? I've one I was wanting to start after this one. You can get started while I work on this one. E-mail or yahoo! me and I'll spill the beans.
billings_h@yahoo.com

I thought this scenario was finished! Teach me to think I can make a good map in two days! Hah!

[This message has been edited by Hammerhands (edited 12-04-2009 @ 04:05 PM).]

CharlieDog
Mortal
posted 04 December 2009 06:57 PM EDT (US)     9 / 39       
Yeah, most of the guys, etc. King, elite guard, wonder, guy in front of wonder (General someone) and the myth units which spawn when they advance ages.

Send it my way again, I'll try going to Egypt this time
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 04 December 2009 07:54 PM EDT (US)     10 / 39       
The Atlanteans have a neat bonus (Secret) as do the Greeks, if you can find it. But the Egyptians don't yet. The Norse have a bonus too. But it's out in the open. When you accept the heroes' offer, and build your own empire, they summon a bunch more Heroes. For free.

I'll send it.
somerandomdude
Mortal
posted 07 December 2009 04:28 AM EDT (US)     11 / 39       
If u wanna mail me, u could do either my hotmail: some-randomdude@hotmail or yahoo! one: somerandomdude@y7mail or something.

EDIT: Umm... u got the email yet?

To the slaughter!
To the slaughter!

[This message has been edited by somerandomdude (edited 12-07-2009 @ 05:47 PM).]

Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 07 December 2009 08:30 PM EDT (US)     12 / 39       
somerandomdude
Mortal
posted 08 December 2009 03:55 AM EDT (US)     13 / 39       
Got the second one as well?

Anyway, so I don't go off topic, this looks really good, I especially like it when people use the 'water lillies', they make the pond/river/body of water they're in look so much more peaceful and natural...

To the slaughter!
To the slaughter!
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 08 December 2009 11:06 AM EDT (US)     14 / 39       
I added a few more lilies to an inland pond, fed by a water fall, and the fishing boats have to go around them. It looks really odd. I hadn't known they had to do that.
somerandomdude
Mortal
posted 08 December 2009 04:49 PM EDT (US)     15 / 39       
It would be good if, like there were tiny frogs you could see jumping off the lillies when you place them...

To the slaughter!
To the slaughter!
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 08 December 2009 09:10 PM EDT (US)     16 / 39       
Except that would be another animation, and that would slow the computer down even more. And the I'd have to avoid them.
somerandomdude
Mortal
posted 12 December 2009 01:27 AM EDT (US)     17 / 39       
True... I still wish there was a frog unit or something in aom...

To the slaughter!
To the slaughter!
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 12 December 2009 06:16 PM EDT (US)     18 / 39       
CharlieDog
Mortal
posted 12 December 2009 09:13 PM EDT (US)     19 / 39       
Sorry, I've been busy and hadf completely forgotten, going to play it today, right now.
CharlieDog
Mortal
posted 12 December 2009 09:57 PM EDT (US)     20 / 39       
Ok here's the report:
PLEASE DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THIS MAP

I played as the pharoahs:
Firstly I got into the boat, and was surprised to see I had four god powers available to me, I suggest you destroy all god powers. When I reached the bandit I used walking woods, effectively killing all the guy's except for heracles. Heracles stopped attacking me halfway through and I wondered why. I then chose Atlantis as my civilization, as it said in the hints I posted guards at my gates, although it took a while for monsters to attack. I went with Prometheus as my god and was surprised to see that each promethean had 400 health, then I realized that all the myth units had increased health and finally I realized you had increased everyone's health. I made many men and attacked King Leego, using vortex in his base. I still got owned though. I started building a titan gate, which I sent to King Leego. The titan died very quickly and it was back to the drawing board.

This is what I've done so far, will finish it later.

Edit: Ok, I'm finished now. I attacked Leego's base a lot, until I finally broke through. There was a lot of guys stuck behind the fortress, might want to remedy that. I then proceeded to kill everyone and finally killed Leego, when this happened I instantly won, it cam up with continue your journey? Is this supposed to happen?

I thoroughly enjoyed this map though, I must say that I liked it more than Amnesiac, although that's because I prefer theses sort of games. I would say it would be around a 4 rating for me. Although that's my opinion.

Things that could be improved:
No godpowers at the start
Less resources
The monsters seemed to be too many, although they didn't overly disturb me as they got stuck in the middle.
Make sure the fortress doesn't spawn people behind the fortress, so they don't get stuck
The general asked me if I wanted to join him as I was fighting him...

[This message has been edited by CharlieDog (edited 12-13-2009 @ 00:50 AM).]

Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 13 December 2009 08:34 PM EDT (US)     21 / 39       
Ok here's the report:
PLEASE DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THIS MAP

I played as the pharoahs:
Firstly I got into the boat, and was surprised to see I had four god powers available to me, I suggest you destroy all god powers. When I reached the bandit I used walking woods, effectively killing all the guy's except for heracles. Heracles stopped attacking me halfway through and I wondered why. I then chose Atlantis as my civilization, as it said in the hints I posted guards at my gates, although it took a while for monsters to attack. I went with Prometheus as my god and was surprised to see that each promethean had 400 health, then I realized that all the myth units had increased health and finally I realized you had increased everyone's health. I made many men and attacked King Leego, using vortex in his base. I still got owned though. I started building a titan gate, which I sent to King Leego. The titan died very quickly and it was back to the drawing board.

This is what I've done so far, will finish it later.

Edit: Ok, I'm finished now. I attacked Leego's base a lot, until I finally broke through. There was a lot of guys stuck behind the fortress, might want to remedy that. I then proceeded to kill everyone and finally killed Leego, when this happened I instantly won, it cam up with continue your journey? Is this supposed to happen?

I thoroughly enjoyed this map though, I must say that I liked it more than Amnesiac, although that's because I prefer theses sort of games. I would say it would be around a 4 rating for me. Although that's my opinion.

Things that could be improved:
No godpowers at the start
Less resources
The monsters seemed to be too many, although they didn't overly disturb me as they got stuck in the middle.
Make sure the fortress doesn't spawn people behind the fortress, so they don't get stuck
The general asked me if I wanted to join him as I was fighting him...
Thanks! Now to address these issues...
If you play as the pharaohs, then you start out in the mythic age as Norse. This is to help balance the game. You can accept the help of the three Ragnarok heroes, and build your own empire. In this case you start out in the mythic.
I've been adjusting the monsters regularly ever since I put them in. I think I've just about got them perfect.
I can fix the stopping in the middle problem.
I don't know how to keep the fortresses from packing units in behind the fortress.... cliff? I suppose I can move them away from the map edge.
You CAN swap civilizations mid game. I wanted that.

Also... The only way I could do the difficulty levels properly was to use QV modify protounit all. I can't get easy to work however. Just another one of those unexplainable bugs I can't solve.
I used hitpoints and speed to make the game harder or easier.

As for killing Leego... if you had not killed the Supreme Master... then no. It was not supposed to happen. I will look into it.
CharlieDog
Mortal
posted 13 December 2009 10:03 PM EDT (US)     22 / 39       
Oh wait, the supreme master came and attacked me so he killed himself basically. Everything makes sense. I really like this map as it has replaybility. I would say that your ready to release it. Nobody seems to want to comment on the Amnesiac...
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 13 December 2009 10:23 PM EDT (US)     23 / 39       
I don't know, I got a really good review.

But thanks man. It's good to know that I can put out two good maps in a row. Hopefully everyone else likes it.
Necr0maNceR
Lord of the Undead
posted 14 December 2009 01:11 AM EDT (US)     24 / 39       
People ore so picky about scenarios nowadays, they put them to such high standards...

Anyways, the Amnesiac was great and this looks good as well! I hope you upload it soon

My Work: Zombie Goliath texture mod -- My Screenshots -- Current Projects: Lost In Darkness
Member of: Black Ice Studios
____
|0..0|
||||
CharlieDog
Mortal
posted 14 December 2009 03:17 AM EDT (US)     25 / 39       
Sorry if it sounded like I said the Amnesiac was bad, it was very fun actually. Having looked at the Amnesiac now I realize that people have started commenting on it and saying it's great. It's well deserved. Concerning the fortress problem I would say just jam another fortress in the middle so they can't spawn there.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames