You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.72 replies, Sticky
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Design Resources, Records, and Welcome Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Design Resources, Records, and Welcome Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 27 April 2014 11:34 AM EDT (US)         

Welcome to AoMH!

So. First of all, to all of the forum newcomers, on behalf of HG, welcome to AoMH.
We hope that you have a pleasant stay, but there are several rules to live by, these can be found here, in the Code of Conduct (CoC for short). Be sure to at least scan it over: If you donĄ¯t it might have unpleasant consequences such as official warnings, and after that, bans.
Of course, or forum is also equipped with some special features, such as BB code, editing posts, signaturesĄ­ and so on. ItĄ¯s definitely a good idea to learn how to use them. Thus, be sure to read over the Forum FAQ. It can greatly improve things like showcases, announcements, and even just ordinary text.
Since this the Scenario Design section, we suspect you are here to create scenarios and game modifications, we would also like to give you some tips:
    If you are completely new, we suggest you just start in the editor itself, just click some buttons, open some menus, and just place something down to create something, it really doesnĄ¯t matter what.
    Of course, even the best designers need help at times, and we aim to provide this for you. Our Scenario Design Library (also found here for non-expansion pack players) has a great deal of guides, and further down there is a complete description of all places that provide useful information or you could try the search function at the bottom the thread list. (Click the link for a picture). If you perform a search, be sure to remember to not be too specific in your searches, this will give less results. Instead, try to think of one or two words that generalizes your query. You can also try to search the Downloads section. Many people have submitted helpful articles, lists and references.
    If you still canĄ¯t find the information you need, you can ask your question here, and somebody will answer it for you as soon as possible. If you still fail to find your answer in reasonable time (a day or two), you can post a thread so more people see your question.

Scenario Design Resources

Scenario Design Library

A list of guides (update pending)

Also use this thread to introduce yourself to the community and post your steam name if you wish to play with fellow forumers online.
This thread can be used to organise games, testing scenarios or even as a platform to suggest new scenario ideas. Have fun.

Designers:

AoMH Name - Steam Name Simply post your steam name to join.

• DamianEnriquez - Damian
  • Diegus - Daegoth Vilfariel
  • eine_gurkensalad - eine_Gurkensalat
  • EXOLAR -
  • Ghostoo - Ghostoo666
  • Glen654 - Glen654
  • Hammerhands - billings_h
  • Kwene - ElliottBruhh
  • Lewonas - Lewonas
  • Milkman Matty - _MilkmanMatty
  • nHawk - nHawk
  • Nick The Hun - Nick The Hun
  • ninjapenguin981 - Rad Cop
  • nottud - nottud
  • pBiggZ - pBiggZ
  • TAG - TAG
  • WarriorMario - WarriorMario
  • XLightningStormL - XLightningStormL
  • Yeebaagooon - Yeebaagooon
  • Zenophobia - Zenophobia

Scenario ideas:

I will link to your posts to avoid clutter.
    Possible examples in the previous thread.

Any other suggestions for uses of this thread or features are welcome.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 07-14-2018 @ 01:13 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Eurotool
    Hero
    posted 30 January 2016 02:28 PM EDT (US)     26 / 72       
    Welcome to the forums Diegus, hope you enjoy your stay!

thieving magpie
    Mortal
    posted 07 February 2016 06:46 PM EDT (US)     27 / 72       
    Hello all. I'm a new member on this forum. I've sorta been lurking on this site for a couple of years now, learning all sorts of things from reading almost all of the guides and threads. I've also downloaded tons of mods and scenarios. I'm so glad this site exists.
    Zenophobia
    Irrational Fear
    posted 08 February 2016 09:52 AM EDT (US)     28 / 72       
    Welcome, magpie! Are you planning on making anything cool for the site?

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
    thieving magpie
    Mortal
    posted 08 February 2016 05:06 PM EDT (US)     29 / 72       
    Hopefully. I'm working on the first of what I think is gonna be 3 scenarios. I also have an idea for a mod that I've been thinking about. But I'm just gonna focus on the scenarios for now.
    Zenophobia
    Irrational Fear
    posted 09 February 2016 11:53 AM EDT (US)     30 / 72       
    Taunt 009: Oooh.mp3
    Good luck! Looking forward to it.

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
    XLightningStormL
    Mortal
    (id: TheBronyKing11)
    posted 09 February 2016 03:02 PM EDT (US)     31 / 72       
    Steelion69 - Steelion69

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
    TAG
    That AoM Guy
    (id: aom expert)
    posted 06 February 2017 10:39 PM EDT (US)     32 / 72       
    Seems like this is getting some views.

Update? I don't want to myself as it could break the code.

Put me down as That AoM Guy for steam

Check out my YouTube
    For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.

[This message has been edited by That AoM Guy (edited 02-06-2017 @ 10:39 PM).]

eine_Gurkensalat
    Mortal
    (id: eine_gurkensalad)
    posted 27 April 2017 04:13 PM EDT (US)     33 / 72       
    Hello all
    First of all I have to say that I'm french so I do what I can to speak english. You can see me online as eine_gurkensalat

I've registered since 27/02/17 and I find interest in the scenario design section. My first artwork is to create a new civilisation (mesopotamians) with the editor to play online with 6 possibly different civilisations (only in my scenarios :-p

I've been helped by the awesome Scragins but some additionnal people can be useful (in my thread and for playtest at the end)

I'm very intersted by the science and I would like to understand how physically the computer act to run triggers, and deduce how to minimalize the processing in my triggers.

I will maybe learn how to use XML code in next months.

At end, I would like to say that this forum and the community are awesome !

[This message has been edited by eine_gurkensalad (edited 04-27-2017 @ 04:14 PM).]

TAG
    That AoM Guy
    posted 27 April 2017 09:04 PM EDT (US)     34 / 72       
    Welcome! Glad to have you

Don't be afraid to get an avatar for yourself, something that suits you

Check out my YouTube
    For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
    eine_Gurkensalat
    Mortal
    posted 28 April 2017 08:04 AM EDT (US)     35 / 72       
    I would like to have an avatar but my trying have failed.
    I've made an account for gravatar (wordpress) as it is said and then... nothing happened. I've tried to explore the site and it was not clear.

Do we have a simpler way ?
    I'll just put a gastraphete picture (I like hades)
    TAG
    That AoM Guy
    posted 28 April 2017 12:47 PM EDT (US)     36 / 72       
    Keep trying, I had trouble too but it does work. Use Ctrl F5 to refresh the page and you should see it.

Check out my YouTube
    eine_Gurkensalat
    Mortal
    posted 28 April 2017 03:36 PM EDT (US)     37 / 72       
    better like this (:
    Their site isn't good/practical/evident
    aom heaven is better ^^

Do you know (or do you are) someone that have knownedge in informatic and can tell me how trigger works physically ?
    Nickonhawk
    The Narrator
    posted 29 April 2017 02:25 AM EDT (US)     38 / 72       
    I'm nHawk everywhere now.

Youtube Channel
    Skyrim... the greatest game ever... without considering Age of Mythology, of course!
    Ctrl...Alt...Q...
    and Brisingr-know these three things and your task here is accomplished...
    TAG
    That AoM Guy
    posted 29 April 2017 08:57 AM EDT (US)     39 / 72       
    Let me give you this

It's directly from the game's files and is slightly better quality.

The place is to ask that would be the Scenario Design forum. I also have a video on my youtube channel if you wanna check it out.

Check out my YouTube
    eine_Gurkensalat
    Mortal
    posted 29 April 2017 11:23 AM EDT (US)     40 / 72       
    Thank you I'll put in.
    Where did you find these files because I've searched...

I didn't understand the last sentence. What videi do you want me to see and why ?
    TAG
    That AoM Guy
    posted 29 April 2017 11:46 AM EDT (US)     41 / 72       
    You need to use AoMED to extract the texture files from the texture bar files and then convert them. Or if you have the EE they will already be extracted and you just use AoMED to convert.

Check out my YouTube
    eine_Gurkensalat
    Mortal
    posted 29 April 2017 12:05 PM EDT (US)     42 / 72       
    what is AomED ?

stange it isn't better with your picture, but it was better in paint...

[This message has been edited by eine_gurkensalad (edited 04-29-2017 @ 12:14 PM).]

TAG
    That AoM Guy
    posted 29 April 2017 12:14 PM EDT (US)     43 / 72       
    AoMED is a program used to extract and covert AoM's files so you can work with them. You can find it in the downloads section and maybe some other outside sites.

I still see the old pic. Try again.

Check out my YouTube

[This message has been edited by That AoM Guy (edited 04-29-2017 @ 12:15 PM).]

eine_Gurkensalat
    Mortal
    posted 29 April 2017 12:22 PM EDT (US)     44 / 72       
    I'm sorry but I can't do better ^^
    It can be gravatar the problem, because in the "view cadrage" it is good and then it isn't clear.

What is the use of aomED except of pick better images ?
    TAG
    That AoM Guy
    posted 29 April 2017 12:26 PM EDT (US)     45 / 72       
    It's good now

Modding is what it's known to be used for.

Check out my YouTube
    eine_Gurkensalat
    Mortal
    posted 29 April 2017 12:35 PM EDT (US)     46 / 72       
    Ok so there is no point for me to install this for the moment.

Do you know why sometimes I don't see any gravatar ?

Do you know if it is possible to edit or create new god powers ?
    For me it can just be a god power with a name and no effect that can be used in game
    TAG
    That AoM Guy
    posted 29 April 2017 12:59 PM EDT (US)     47 / 72       
    Use Ctrl + F5 to refresh and you'll see your gravatar.

Creating godpowers guide:
    http://aom.heavengames.com/scendesign/modding/gps

If you have the EE you may not even need AoMED.

It really just comes down to getting used to the code. It's not difficult once you learn what you're looking at.

Check out my YouTube
    eine_Gurkensalat
    Mortal
    posted 29 April 2017 03:43 PM EDT (US)     48 / 72       
    thank you for this informations, but my avatar problem is not solvable with ctrl f5 or actualization, only with times (it works currently)

But this is the lowest problem that I have !

does god power editing work online ?

[This message has been edited by eine_gurkensalad (edited 04-29-2017 @ 03:49 PM).]

TAG
    That AoM Guy
    posted 29 April 2017 03:59 PM EDT (US)     49 / 72       
    Mods don't work online unless all the players playing have them.

Check out my YouTube
    eine_Gurkensalat
    Mortal
    posted 29 April 2017 05:10 PM EDT (US)     50 / 72       
    so if we create a new god power it will be as a new tech or a new unit that can't be found in the files of the other players.

It's strange that it works with triggers and not with god powers !
    « Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames