You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.712 replies, Sticky
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Question? Post it here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Have a Question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 29  Next Page »
Out Reach
Mortal
(id: newreach268)
posted 28 September 2015 03:38 PM EDT (US)         

Got a question? Need an answer?
Here is a list of common questions concerning AoM.

FAQ

Upon playtesting a scenario in the editor, I lose within the first five seconds!
Easy to fix. Simply click on the "Scenario" tab in the editor, click on "Scenario Data" and uncheck the check box next to "Use victory conditions". Alternatively, you can place a unit of yours somewhere on the map, then place an enemy unit somewhere else on the map as well.

How come it seems like some units are missing in the list of protounits on a trigger?
To find out the proto name of a unit, have it selected in the editor and click on the "Cinematics" tab, then click "View animations." For a shortcut, just select the unit and press Alt+A.

How do I make units larger or smaller?
This is for The Titans users only. To enlarge a unit, select it and hold "K" on your keyboard. To make the unit smaller, hold "Shift + K".

How can I change the stats (attack/health/etc.) for a unit?
Easy. If you're a Titans user you can find the two triggers called "Modify Protounit" and "Set Tech Status". If you're running regular AoM, you will only have "Set Tech Status" available. You can set unit attributes with both these triggers.

How can I make units regenerate health?
First create a new trigger. Check the Active and Loop boxes. Pull the Priority cursor all the way to the right. Create a new condition Is Alive, select and set your desired unit. Add a condition Timer with a value of 1. Finally, add a Damage Unit effect, select your desired unit again and set the value to -1.

How can I have over 300 population?
Use the Modify Protounit effect to make a protounit have a population cost of a very extremely high number, like 999999999.0 . Make sure that it is a protounit that you can't normally get in-game by yourself. Then just place two of them somewhere on the map, and they will make the population for that player go to a negative number, and be infinite.

My triggers have stopped working!
Using Run immediately, quotations in chats, linking camera tracks, sound timers and decimals in conditions like timer and distance to unit affect this. If you are unsure about what the source is, outline what you did, and we can help.

The computer players aren't acting like computer players should!
You need to set AI for them. In the editor, click the "Scenario" tab, then "Player Data". There will be a button all the way to the right of the player slot to set the AI. It is reccomended you choose one of the "default" ais such as aomdefaultai.xs for AoM Vanilla, or aomxdefaultai.xs for The Titans.

I've seen people do these crazy camera angles that I can't seem to figure out how to do! Help!
A common question. Your camera must be unlocked and working first. It should be already by default. If it's not, press "Shift + Alt + C" to unlock it. To change the pitch of the camera, press "A" and "Z" or "Ctrl + Up Arrow" and "Ctrl + Down Arrow" on your keyboard to go up and down.

How do I add sound and dialogs in a scenario?
Like the dialogs in the campaigns, you can use the trigger effect "Play Dialog" to display text while on Cinematic Mode. You can type a text, include a sound, and a small image (portrait) "Sound filename" is a similar trigger effect, but not the main one used.

How can I give units animations like they do in the campaigns?
Select the unit in the editor, click on the "Cinematics" tab, then click "View animations." In the "Type" tab, find and click "Cinematic". In the "Anim Path:" tab is a list of animations that you can view for sampling. When you find the one you want, you can use its name with the "Set animation" trigger effect and be able to use it in-game.

Practical Guides
Scenario Design Library Articles
Scenario Design Dictionary
Shuch_ya_mouf's Ultimate Trigger Guide
Paperfriend's List of Guides
Making Quality Scenarios: Triggers
Making Quality Scenarios: Eyecandy
Nottud's Guide to the transform trigger
Campaign Dialogue List

Thread credits: Paperfriend + Yeebaago0on (FAQ), Eurotool (design), CeaseDaFire (maintenance), Reach (OP) 

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature

[This message has been edited by Out Reach (edited 01-22-2019 @ 10:12 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Milkman Matty
Mortal
(id: Khan And Steak)
posted 06 March 2016 09:49 AM EDT (US)     226 / 712       
Maybe post a screenshot? ~ Milky

<||=================================||>
Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
{ "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Poko
Mortal
posted 06 March 2016 05:49 PM EDT (US)     227 / 712       
it seems to be anything that has a cinematic model wont flash.
is there a way to settle the units so they will flash?
if i could figure this out i could get a move on.

[This message has been edited by Poko (edited 03-10-2016 @ 01:01 AM).]

Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 13 March 2016 08:51 AM EDT (US)     228 / 712       
Not entirely sure where to ask this...
Do I need EE to operate/run/play the new expansion?
EE does look pretty, but I've heard of so many problems with it. Probably won't bother with it until I get a new computer. However, I would like to play the new expansion.

[This message has been edited by Hammerhands (edited 03-13-2016 @ 08:51 AM).]

TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 13 March 2016 11:16 AM EDT (US)     229 / 712       
GD is good

And yes

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
DMZ Regicide
Mortal
posted 13 March 2016 10:36 PM EDT (US)     230 / 712       
I saw guys who change the elevation of objects. It's the object itself, not the ground under it.

How is it possible?
Eurotool
Hero
posted 13 March 2016 11:37 PM EDT (US)     231 / 712       
Some sfx units like Implode Sphere will keep the elevation you originally placed them on. Example video here. You can then use the transform trigger to change them into other units.

Some units with multiple attachements will float mid-air if you enlarge them, then freeze their animation. However, it's only good for screenshot purposes as it will reset upon exiting the editor.

Nottud's zTriggers include a zFlatten effect that can effectively make units float. Included in his editor.

Good luck

DMZ Regicide
Mortal
posted 14 March 2016 02:35 AM EDT (US)     232 / 712       

Still a complexe trick !

K it's usual now. I'm advancing anyway. You speak french Canada?
Eurotool
Hero
posted 14 March 2016 09:06 AM EDT (US)     233 / 712       
Ouais.

DMZ Regicide
Mortal
posted 14 March 2016 11:08 AM EDT (US)     234 / 712       
Cool.Je parle avec beaucoup de faute d'orthographe, malgré que j'utilise parfois le correcteur internet. Age2 et aom me font quand même améliorer mon anglais

Tu pourrais beta tester une map à moi?

++
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 14 March 2016 01:26 PM EDT (US)     235 / 712       
Try to avoid any other languages besides English. There's a rule in the CoC about that.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
DMZ Regicide
Mortal
posted 14 March 2016 05:24 PM EDT (US)     236 / 712       
I dunno what is the CoC but "oui monsieur".

I would have another question... another one.

How guys do to have wonders from different civ in one-player-one-color?
Zenophobia
Irrational Fear
posted 14 March 2016 11:57 PM EDT (US)     237 / 712       
CoC = Code of Conduct
How guys do to have wonders from different civ in one-player-one-color?
You don't. You can have multiple players with different civilizations but the same color to achieve a similar effect.

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
DMZ Regicide
Mortal
posted 15 March 2016 01:44 AM EDT (US)     238 / 712       
Hello,

ow ok that is CoC.

Wonders:
I mean doing it in the editors. In the first mission of Arkantos' campaign there is a green ally who has two different wonders.

So generate different wonders would be possible. I tried to convert a wonder of another player by a trigger but it doens't work.
thieving magpie
Mortal
posted 16 March 2016 06:44 AM EDT (US)     239 / 712       
I can't particularly remember that scenario, but most likely, it's 2 players with the same name and color. They just have different major gods.
The wonder anim file doesn't allow any civilization to have access to all the different types of wonders
DMZ Regicide
Mortal
posted 16 March 2016 12:19 PM EDT (US)     240 / 712       
okay! Ty. Is it possible to play a sounds for only 1 players in a multiplayer scenar?

I'm trying to paint water but in some zones it's impossible.

It's explained in a old thread but not really solved :

here

Someone could fix that by coding or dunno?

[This message has been edited by DMZ Regicide (edited 03-24-2016 @ 05:13 AM).]

Poko
Mortal
posted 17 March 2016 06:59 PM EDT (US)     241 / 712       
no idea how to make hero units flash in cinematic?
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 17 March 2016 09:39 PM EDT (US)     242 / 712       
You mean the "Flash Units" trigger effect?

Check out my YouTube
Poko
Mortal
posted 18 March 2016 09:02 AM EDT (US)     243 / 712       
ya but the hero units dont flash during cinematic.
MrPSIHO
Mortal
posted 19 March 2016 04:07 AM EDT (US)     244 / 712       
Helow

i want to ask all if anyone want to join our team on future development on Age of Empires Online?

I am part of AOEO4EVER Team

There is always another way !!!
Poko
Mortal
posted 19 March 2016 01:10 PM EDT (US)     245 / 712       
@MrPsiho what would be required?

[This message has been edited by Poko (edited 03-19-2016 @ 01:12 PM).]

DMZ Regicide
Mortal
posted 22 March 2016 02:08 PM EDT (US)     246 / 712       
I would like to disable a technology.

I found what to do to disable an unit.

I would be great if I could disable omniscience because it's bugged in my scenar, maybe due to unlimited population trigger.
thieving magpie
Mortal
posted 22 March 2016 05:40 PM EDT (US)     247 / 712       
I think you can use the effect set tech status and set omniscience to unobtainable
FIRE101
Mortal
posted 22 March 2016 09:43 PM EDT (US)     248 / 712       
I am new here and just wanted to ask:"what is the difference between "Age of mythology BONUS Titans expansion pack" and the regular "Age of Mythology" other than the titan and new god powers?
thx
Eurotool
Hero
posted 23 March 2016 02:08 PM EDT (US)     249 / 712       
AoM is the original game
AoM:TT or AoM Gold is the original + Titans expansion
AoM:EE is the steam re-release, Titans included
AoM:EE+DLC is the same as above + Chinese pack

Edit: The Titans include a brand new campaign, a new civilisation, titans, a few gameplay changes and new maps. You'll need this edition to play most community-made scenarios.

[This message has been edited by Canada Dry Ginger Ale (edited 03-23-2016 @ 02:12 PM).]

FIRE101
Mortal
posted 23 March 2016 09:23 PM EDT (US)     250 / 712       
I have one more question. How do u make a video of your battles. Is there a specific command, or do u have to do something else? Oh and one more thing, what are the most common bugs in AoM? thanks in advance.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 29  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames