You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.662 replies, Sticky
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Question? Post it here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Have a Question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 27  Next Page »
Out Reach
Mortal
(id: newreach268)
posted 28 September 2015 03:38 PM EDT (US)         

Got a question? Need an answer?
Here is a list of common questions concerning AoM.

FAQ

Upon playtesting a scenario in the editor, I lose within the first five seconds!
Easy to fix. Simply click on the "Scenario" tab in the editor, click on "Scenario Data" and uncheck the check box next to "Use victory conditions". Alternatively, you can place a unit of yours somewhere on the map, then place an enemy unit somewhere else on the map as well.

How come it seems like some units are missing in the list of protounits on a trigger?
To find out the proto name of a unit, have it selected in the editor and click on the "Cinematics" tab, then click "View animations." For a shortcut, just select the unit and press Alt+A.

How do I make units larger or smaller?
This is for The Titans users only. To enlarge a unit, select it and hold "K" on your keyboard. To make the unit smaller, hold "Shift + K".

How can I change the stats (attack/health/etc.) for a unit?
Easy. If you're a Titans user you can find the two triggers called "Modify Protounit" and "Set Tech Status". If you're running regular AoM, you will only have "Set Tech Status" available. You can set unit attributes with both these triggers.

How can I make units regenerate health?
First create a new trigger. Check the Active and Loop boxes. Pull the Priority cursor all the way to the right. Create a new condition Is Alive, select and set your desired unit. Add a condition Timer with a value of 1. Finally, add a Damage Unit effect, select your desired unit again and set the value to -1.

How can I have over 300 population?
Use the Modify Protounit effect to make a protounit have a population cost of a very extremely high number, like 999999999.0 . Make sure that it is a protounit that you can't normally get in-game by yourself. Then just place two of them somewhere on the map, and they will make the population for that player go to a negative number, and be infinite.

My triggers have stopped working!
Using Run immediately, quotations in chats, linking camera tracks, sound timers and decimals in conditions like timer and distance to unit affect this. If you are unsure about what the source is, outline what you did, and we can help.

The computer players aren't acting like computer players should!
You need to set AI for them. In the editor, click the "Scenario" tab, then "Player Data". There will be a button all the way to the right of the player slot to set the AI. It is reccomended you choose one of the "default" ais such as aomdefaultai.xs for AoM Vanilla, or aomxdefaultai.xs for The Titans.

I've seen people do these crazy camera angles that I can't seem to figure out how to do! Help!
A common question. Your camera must be unlocked and working first. It should be already by default. If it's not, press "Shift + Alt + C" to unlock it. To change the pitch of the camera, press "A" and "Z" or "Ctrl + Up Arrow" and "Ctrl + Down Arrow" on your keyboard to go up and down.

How do I add sound and dialogs in a scenario?
Like the dialogs in the campaigns, you can use the trigger effect "Play Dialog" to display text while on Cinematic Mode. You can type a text, include a sound, and a small image (portrait) "Sound filename" is a similar trigger effect, but not the main one used.

How can I give units animations like they do in the campaigns?
Select the unit in the editor, click on the "Cinematics" tab, then click "View animations." In the "Type" tab, find and click "Cinematic". In the "Anim Path:" tab is a list of animations that you can view for sampling. When you find the one you want, you can use its name with the "Set animation" trigger effect and be able to use it in-game.

Practical Guides
Scenario Design Library Articles
Scenario Design Dictionary
Shuch_ya_mouf's Ultimate Trigger Guide
Paperfriend's List of Guides
Making Quality Scenarios: Triggers
Making Quality Scenarios: Eyecandy
Nottud's Guide to the transform trigger
Campaign Dialogue List

Thread credits: Paperfriend + Yeebaagooon (FAQ), Eurotool (design), CeaseDaFire (maintenance), Reach (OP) 

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature

[This message has been edited by CeaseDaFire (edited 10-28-2015 @ 09:31 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
eine_Gurkensalat
Mortal
(id: eine_gurkensalad)
posted 06 October 2017 10:05 AM EDT (US)     476 / 662       
About the action, i want to target villagerd that are cutting wood or gold
But the action gather seems just to work on gold
Loggy
Mortal
posted 06 October 2017 10:09 PM EDT (US)     477 / 662       
Cutting trees may be considered HandAttack, but not sure.
eine_Gurkensalat
Mortal
posted 08 October 2017 07:39 AM EDT (US)     478 / 662       
HandAttack ISN'T the good action for that, this is the case only if you attack something that isn't a ressources.
In fact, there is a distinction between ressources and non ressources.
ActionHunting=8 is the action for this...
This is quite strange, because villagers do gather AND "hunt" (kill some prey or cut down some tree) with the same action as gathering them.

But now I'm wondering how the artificial build limits work.

For any unit which doesn't have any BL we can set up BL we want with modify Protounit effect, but we always have to set the amount we want +1

This is understandable, because we can consider that no build limit is -1 in the XS language.

But there is no mention of a line with build limit -1 in the proto2.5.
And also, the modify protounit absolute value from Nottud doesn't allow to work around this (if we want to have a BL for the farms of 5, we must set +6.

It can be the modify protounit absolute that doesn't work for BL, or something completely different which explains all the observations.
nottud
Mortal
posted 08 October 2017 08:41 AM EDT (US)     479 / 662       
Yea I found it didn't work with build limit too the other day - probably because it is an integer field internally in which case my exploit will fail.
eine_Gurkensalat
Mortal
posted 08 October 2017 10:32 AM EDT (US)     480 / 662       
But if it can't go less than-1 you can lower with 99999 then +1 then +setting
eine_Gurkensalat
Mortal
posted 11 October 2017 03:05 PM EDT (US)     481 / 662       
I found the good action as I said for the gathering of wood.

But I can't detect a dead wood whith the units in area condition... so how can I do a trigger that apply only for the villagers who gather wood, and not when they gather food (which uses the same action) ?
Milkman Matty
Mortal
(id: Khan And Steak)
posted 14 October 2017 08:00 PM EDT (US)     482 / 662       
Is there any alternatives to trCountUnitsInArea() that use UnitID/a vector for the source location?

I can only think of Queries, but I'm unsure if running 12 queries on highFreq & looping, will lag hard online.

<||=================================||>
Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
{ "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Milkman Matty
Mortal
posted 17 October 2017 05:24 AM EDT (US)     483 / 662       
Can you find out if a building/unit is being empowered? Does the state change or anything?

EDIT: I guess I could use kbUnitGetTargetUnitID(int unitID) on the priest/pharaoh.

[This message has been edited by Milkman Matty (edited 10-17-2017 @ 05:34 AM).]

nottud
Mortal
posted 17 October 2017 12:37 PM EDT (US)     484 / 662       
Does empowering create a unit in which case search triggers could be used? (Thinking of that light effect over the building)

Looking more seems actually more likely to be an animation.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 10-17-2017 @ 12:42 PM).]

eine_Gurkensalat
Mortal
posted 17 October 2017 02:19 PM EDT (US)     485 / 662       
I didn't find this light nowhere when I searched
Izalith
Mortal
(id: Lilitu)
posted 17 October 2017 02:52 PM EDT (US)     486 / 662       
I thought this was "Heavenlight", but that is for Atty Hero Birth, so yes, looking at house_anim.txt, empowering creates a Visualparticle SFX E Pharaoh Empower Large ... I thought the created SFX were objects anyway, like Arkantos Boost SFX and stuff. But somehow arkantos boost sfx and einheriar boost sfx have their own anim-File and protox-entry, thus are units in the game placeable in the scenario editor. Empower on the other hand exists only as Unit-Action for the units in the Protox (Like Heal, PickUp and stuff).

Also with Heroes while they have Visualparticle SFX A Hero Glow Small (Theseus), the Protox has a Birthreplacement "Hero Birth" and Deathreplacement "Hero Death" for the effects there..

Searching for "Empower" in all the anim-TXT-Files it appears only as anim in buildings and Priest/SoO/Pharaoh. Thus a buildings state or the units anim.. but thats not news :/

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Steam: Order of Azarath
Twitch: twitch.tv/orderofazarath
Discord: Azarath @ https://discord.gg/3ENKJeb

[This message has been edited by Izalith (edited 10-17-2017 @ 02:53 PM).]

Milkman Matty
Mortal
posted 19 October 2017 03:00 AM EDT (US)     487 / 662       
I thought this was "Heavenlight", but that is for Atty Hero Birth
I believe it's also used for Forest Fire cast - probably called something else though.

Raining_Outside
Mortal
posted 24 October 2017 10:59 PM EDT (US)     488 / 662       
Hey I am considering making a scenario and have a question.

I essentially want the game to spawn a unit type next to an object whenever that unit type is not next to that particular object. So for example. Say there is a forest of bandits that I want to respawn after the player has killed them, and I want them to respawn every time they kill them. How would I manage this? Think respawning field enemies in an rpg.

EDIT: I solved it, just forgot to fill in a simple parameter. Triggers are finicky.

[This message has been edited by Raining_Outside (edited 10-24-2017 @ 11:03 PM).]

Raining_Outside
Mortal
posted 02 November 2017 10:54 PM EDT (US)     489 / 662       
So I am in the process of making a lengthy scenario on a giant map. If I want the scenario to be saveable mid session so that it can be returned to later what do I have to look out for? Will it ruin my triggers? Is this even feasible? If it is feasible, what are the known problem triggers that I should avoid using?
Nickonhawk
The Narrator
posted 03 November 2017 02:48 AM EDT (US)     490 / 662       
If you don't use hotkeys or custom music, I think you should be fine.
If you do use hotkeys, just make a loop trigger that does them hotkeys again, remembering with quest vars any "learn-able" hotkeys.
If you use custom music, no big deal, just wait until your loop music trigger comes around.

Youtube Channel
Skyrim... the greatest game ever... without considering Age of Mythology, of course!
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
and Brisingr-know these three things and your task here is accomplished...
nottud
Mortal
posted 07 November 2017 07:33 AM EDT (US)     491 / 662       
Some people have made a special system for saving a map using codes which the user re-enters when they play to restore their status. A few recent RPG maps I believe have done this to great effect.
eine_Gurkensalat
Mortal
posted 11 November 2017 08:11 AM EDT (US)     492 / 662       
I have very nice effects that works with the playtest on the editor

but when I host online it doesn't work at all (no crash though)

what are the known causes for this ??
Izalith
Mortal
posted 11 November 2017 04:36 PM EDT (US)     493 / 662       
Some functions just dont work in multiplayer, you have to test for those. Like rotate unit or animation stuff, works only in singleplayer.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

eine_Gurkensalat
Mortal
posted 11 November 2017 08:13 PM EDT (US)     494 / 662       
Heading ?
Army deploy heading = nothing or just army deploy ?
Izalith
Mortal
posted 12 November 2017 07:38 AM EDT (US)     495 / 662       
I tried unit heading to change buildings directions. Fine in SinglePlayer, no effect in LAN.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

[This message has been edited by Izalith (edited 11-12-2017 @ 07:39 AM).]

joefraserbenj
Mortal
posted 14 November 2017 11:11 AM EDT (US)     496 / 662       
heloooo, im back at the AOM editorrr and loving ittt, need help, want to get good at editor, making a map, probably gonna be on here reguarlly not, but how can you change the amount of gold in a goldmine ? and resources as such
eine_Gurkensalat
Mortal
posted 14 November 2017 02:13 PM EDT (US)     497 / 662       
You can overlap gold mines, villagers wil not stop but the user will be in confusion when seeing the dusplayed amount on each gold mine
You have also the light of the gold mines
joefraserbenj
Mortal
posted 14 November 2017 05:34 PM EDT (US)     498 / 662       
thankyou my friend answering my previous question, yes that i can do but using triggers? how is it possible to manual adjust how much gold is in the goldmine, is that possible? eeee
scragins
Heretic of December
posted 14 November 2017 05:38 PM EDT (US)     499 / 662       
You can't change it aside from placing gold mines of different size (small, medium, large).
scragins
Heretic of December
posted 14 November 2017 05:39 PM EDT (US)     500 / 662       
How much gold do you want in a mine?
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 27  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames