You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.706 replies, Sticky
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Question? Post it here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Have a Question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 6 7 8 9 10 ··· 20 ··· 29  Next Page »
Out Reach
Mortal
(id: newreach268)
posted 28 September 2015 03:38 PM EDT (US)         

Got a question? Need an answer?
Here is a list of common questions concerning AoM.

FAQ

Upon playtesting a scenario in the editor, I lose within the first five seconds!
Easy to fix. Simply click on the "Scenario" tab in the editor, click on "Scenario Data" and uncheck the check box next to "Use victory conditions". Alternatively, you can place a unit of yours somewhere on the map, then place an enemy unit somewhere else on the map as well.

How come it seems like some units are missing in the list of protounits on a trigger?
To find out the proto name of a unit, have it selected in the editor and click on the "Cinematics" tab, then click "View animations." For a shortcut, just select the unit and press Alt+A.

How do I make units larger or smaller?
This is for The Titans users only. To enlarge a unit, select it and hold "K" on your keyboard. To make the unit smaller, hold "Shift + K".

How can I change the stats (attack/health/etc.) for a unit?
Easy. If you're a Titans user you can find the two triggers called "Modify Protounit" and "Set Tech Status". If you're running regular AoM, you will only have "Set Tech Status" available. You can set unit attributes with both these triggers.

How can I make units regenerate health?
First create a new trigger. Check the Active and Loop boxes. Pull the Priority cursor all the way to the right. Create a new condition Is Alive, select and set your desired unit. Add a condition Timer with a value of 1. Finally, add a Damage Unit effect, select your desired unit again and set the value to -1.

How can I have over 300 population?
Use the Modify Protounit effect to make a protounit have a population cost of a very extremely high number, like 999999999.0 . Make sure that it is a protounit that you can't normally get in-game by yourself. Then just place two of them somewhere on the map, and they will make the population for that player go to a negative number, and be infinite.

My triggers have stopped working!
Using Run immediately, quotations in chats, linking camera tracks, sound timers and decimals in conditions like timer and distance to unit affect this. If you are unsure about what the source is, outline what you did, and we can help.

The computer players aren't acting like computer players should!
You need to set AI for them. In the editor, click the "Scenario" tab, then "Player Data". There will be a button all the way to the right of the player slot to set the AI. It is reccomended you choose one of the "default" ais such as aomdefaultai.xs for AoM Vanilla, or aomxdefaultai.xs for The Titans.

I've seen people do these crazy camera angles that I can't seem to figure out how to do! Help!
A common question. Your camera must be unlocked and working first. It should be already by default. If it's not, press "Shift + Alt + C" to unlock it. To change the pitch of the camera, press "A" and "Z" or "Ctrl + Up Arrow" and "Ctrl + Down Arrow" on your keyboard to go up and down.

How do I add sound and dialogs in a scenario?
Like the dialogs in the campaigns, you can use the trigger effect "Play Dialog" to display text while on Cinematic Mode. You can type a text, include a sound, and a small image (portrait) "Sound filename" is a similar trigger effect, but not the main one used.

How can I give units animations like they do in the campaigns?
Select the unit in the editor, click on the "Cinematics" tab, then click "View animations." In the "Type" tab, find and click "Cinematic". In the "Anim Path:" tab is a list of animations that you can view for sampling. When you find the one you want, you can use its name with the "Set animation" trigger effect and be able to use it in-game.

Practical Guides
Scenario Design Library Articles
Scenario Design Dictionary
Shuch_ya_mouf's Ultimate Trigger Guide
Paperfriend's List of Guides
Making Quality Scenarios: Triggers
Making Quality Scenarios: Eyecandy
Nottud's Guide to the transform trigger
Campaign Dialogue List

Thread credits: Paperfriend + Yeebaago0on (FAQ), Eurotool (design), CeaseDaFire (maintenance), Reach (OP) 

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature

[This message has been edited by Out Reach (edited 01-22-2019 @ 10:12 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Eurotool
Hero
posted 01 February 2016 10:01 AM EDT (US)     176 / 706       
First tighten the text width, then put a lot of spaces between the two words. Eventually, it'll look like it's on a new line!

nottud
Mortal
posted 01 February 2016 11:35 AM EDT (US)     177 / 706       
Does \n make a line break?
DamianEnriquez
Mortal
posted 01 February 2016 03:28 PM EDT (US)     178 / 706       
i just fixed it
yStart search database improved
MP Setup Start 1-6
XS User Code if(mp!=1){
XS User Code if(trUnitIsOwnedBy(1)) {
XS User Code if(trCountUnitsInArea(""+1*trQuestVarGet("mine"), mp, "Unit",2) > 0){
XS User Code if(trPlayerGetDiplomacy(1, mp) == "Enemy"){
Grant GP at Position1, bolt, 1, 4
Grant GP at Position 1, Tremor, 1, 4
yInvoke God Power 1, Tremor, mine
XS User Code trDamageUnitsInArea(mp,"Unit",4,100);trDamageUnitsInArea(mp,"Building",4,100);trDamageUnitsInArea(mp,"Fire Siphon",4,500);
yChange Unit Type Meteor
Sound Filename meteorbighit.wav
yRemove from database improved (Database search only)
XS User Code }}}}}
ySearch database end improved
It works perfect but I have to copy the same triggers another 6 times and I'm too lazy haha
If player 1 owns the mine and another player that player 1 has set to enemy, it is activated and will die

Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord | GameRanger
Tower Defense new map
Electroflux
Mortal
posted 02 February 2016 01:34 PM EDT (US)     179 / 706       
does anyone know the portrait filepath to athenas icon? i've looked until my eyes bled but i can't find her icon for the life of me.

edit: also a bonus. know a female greek villager icon as well?

[This message has been edited by Electroflux (edited 02-02-2016 @ 01:36 PM).]

nottud
Mortal
posted 03 February 2016 06:38 AM EDT (US)     180 / 706       
You could use AOMED and extract all the textures and icons which will give you what they are and the path to them.
Electroflux
Mortal
posted 03 February 2016 07:24 AM EDT (US)     181 / 706       
looking in the textures/icons folder, how do you extract the .ddt files, let alone find the correct path name?

EDIT: found the "texture extractor" in tools but it immediately closes

never figured this out but i'm certain there isn't any athena portrait, for whatever reason(nevermind, found it under improvements...) there has to be a female villager portrait, however, but it's insanely hard to find so i might just do without it

[This message has been edited by Electroflux (edited 02-04-2016 @ 09:55 AM).]

Slavik
Mortal
posted 05 February 2016 04:07 PM EDT (US)     182 / 706       
Hi! I'm making a Scen for the main manu of the EE, and the problems are:

-RenderSky doesn't work in the main menu (but it does in the scen editor)

-The minimap still apears

- I use a series of camera tracks. There is a way to "fade" to black or something between track and trak?

Thank you a lot!
DamianEnriquez
Mortal
posted 06 February 2016 04:12 AM EDT (US)     183 / 706       
Can you recommend some system to all units of a player attacking a random unit of another player, for map Survival type, use this system works well but the performance is not very good after a while

when a unit of Player 7 is boring and alive, a random unit of a player 1 to 6 will be chosen, provided it meets the conditions of being alive, not defeated and that is human, to attack

v 1 Target Protounit Query Start
Radius -1, Player 7, Protounit Unit, Unit Type ID -1, Action 9, State 2
v Condition Ignore invalid unit
Quest Var Randomize move 1-6 Rounding
Conditional Quest Var Check NOT dead"+1*trQuestVarGet("move")+" 1
Conditional Quest Var Check NOT nohuman"+1*trQuestVarGet("move")+" 1
Conditional Quest Var Check NOT defeat"+1*trQuestVarGet("move")+" 1
yMove to US Jugador"+1*trQuestVarGet("move")+" Attack Move
XS User Code }}}}
v 2 Target Protounit Query End

Can you recommend some other system that has better performance?

Tower Defense new map
Whisperers
Mortal
posted 06 February 2016 11:23 AM EDT (US)     184 / 706       
Hi everyone!

I've read that if Triggers don't work I should "Use Run immediately, quotations in chats, linking camera tracks, ..." but none of these works. I've created a scenario, and I've used a lot of triggers to modify units. The problem comes when I try the scenario: these triggers don't work at all.
Please, can anyone tell me what to do to fix that?
Zenophobia
Irrational Fear
posted 06 February 2016 01:08 PM EDT (US)     185 / 706       
Quoted from FAQ:
Using Run immediately, quotations in chats, linking camera tracks, sound timers and decimals in conditions like timer and distance to unit affect this.
lol, I guess the FAQ isn't clear enough. You're not supposed to include those in your scenario: They will oftentimes cause trigger lock (the problem you're experiencing)

Try saving your scenario and deleting blocks of recent triggers until it works again. Then you will have a rough idea of where the problem is.

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
thieving magpie
Mortal
posted 13 February 2016 08:01 AM EDT (US)     186 / 706       
I'm making some custom lightings for a scenario I'm working on and I'm running into a problem with the sun inclination and rotation. After I've renamed my lighting and selected it in the editor, any changes I made to ambient color, terrain ambient, and sun color remain. However, the inclination and rotation seem to have reset to default settings. Does anyone know how I can fix this?
Basically, I'm trying to make a day/night cycle that gives the appearance of the sun rising in the east and setting in the west. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[This message has been edited by thieving magpie (edited 02-13-2016 @ 08:46 AM).]

nottud
Mortal
posted 13 February 2016 12:57 PM EDT (US)     187 / 706       
Set them ingame using triggers - the lighting in the editor only works temporarily to give you a preview.

You will need custom triggers to do it - they are available in the trigger file I put for download.
thieving magpie
Mortal
posted 13 February 2016 01:43 PM EDT (US)     188 / 706       
Thanks, nottud. I actually already have your triggers. I guess I forgot about the lighting ones. I'll give them a try.
cubelhor
Mortal
posted 16 February 2016 07:45 PM EDT (US)     189 / 706       
With the release on steam, I'm just now getting back into AoMH but have forgot a few tricks to the editor

Is there no longer a way to edit a name of or delete a saved scenario?
Zenophobia
Irrational Fear
posted 16 February 2016 08:07 PM EDT (US)     190 / 706       
Navigate to

C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Age of Mythology/scenario

There, you will find all your scenario files where you can manually modify their names or delete them.

cubelhor
Mortal
posted 17 February 2016 12:40 PM EDT (US)     191 / 706       
Found it, thanks Zenophobia

Also, when I place Emperor Yao, he is a theocrat. Is this a known bug?
Zenophobia
Irrational Fear
posted 17 February 2016 12:51 PM EDT (US)     192 / 706       
His cinematic model is the emperor but his in-game model is theocrat. Since he only showed up in one cinematic, they never bothered to give him an in-game model.

DamianEnriquez
Mortal
posted 18 February 2016 04:20 AM EDT (US)     193 / 706       
Best way to make main and secondary quest and how that work in multiplayer? everyone has to do the same quest in order to advance?

Tower Defense new map
Poko
Mortal
posted 20 February 2016 11:21 AM EDT (US)     194 / 706       
i saw a gryphon in the campaign what is his name in editor?
Zenophobia
Irrational Fear
posted 20 February 2016 01:19 PM EDT (US)     195 / 706       
it's not placeable but you can create it with triggers in-game. The protounit name is "Griffon"

Poko
Mortal
posted 21 February 2016 07:01 AM EDT (US)     196 / 706       
cant play dialog in made maps?
Zenophobia
Irrational Fear
posted 21 February 2016 11:16 AM EDT (US)     197 / 706       
Yes, but it is better to use the "Sound Filename" trigger as it causes less issues.

Poko
Mortal
posted 21 February 2016 07:06 PM EDT (US)     198 / 706       
i mean to play dialogue files from the campaign they dont seem to sound off.
Also no way to stop units from coming out of temple yet?
Damaskox
Mortal
posted 21 February 2016 11:49 PM EDT (US)     199 / 706       
I am making a map, where I create as many Titans as there are Players on the map.

The thing is, I would like to make all the Titans to roam around the map randomly (after they have destroyed the Player Town Center).
Can this be achieved by the trigger system?
Ghostoo
Mortal
posted 22 February 2016 06:04 AM EDT (US)     200 / 706       
If you just want them to wonder and not attack anything, yes that can be achieved easily with triggers.

If you want them to attack things, it can still be done with triggers but will be slightly more complex

Voolohmay? Kahlos.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 6 7 8 9 10 ··· 20 ··· 29  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames