You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.706 replies, Sticky
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Question? Post it here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Have a Question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13 14 ··· 20 ··· 29  Next Page »
Out Reach
Mortal
(id: newreach268)
posted 28 September 2015 03:38 PM EDT (US)         

Got a question? Need an answer?
Here is a list of common questions concerning AoM.

FAQ

Upon playtesting a scenario in the editor, I lose within the first five seconds!
Easy to fix. Simply click on the "Scenario" tab in the editor, click on "Scenario Data" and uncheck the check box next to "Use victory conditions". Alternatively, you can place a unit of yours somewhere on the map, then place an enemy unit somewhere else on the map as well.

How come it seems like some units are missing in the list of protounits on a trigger?
To find out the proto name of a unit, have it selected in the editor and click on the "Cinematics" tab, then click "View animations." For a shortcut, just select the unit and press Alt+A.

How do I make units larger or smaller?
This is for The Titans users only. To enlarge a unit, select it and hold "K" on your keyboard. To make the unit smaller, hold "Shift + K".

How can I change the stats (attack/health/etc.) for a unit?
Easy. If you're a Titans user you can find the two triggers called "Modify Protounit" and "Set Tech Status". If you're running regular AoM, you will only have "Set Tech Status" available. You can set unit attributes with both these triggers.

How can I make units regenerate health?
First create a new trigger. Check the Active and Loop boxes. Pull the Priority cursor all the way to the right. Create a new condition Is Alive, select and set your desired unit. Add a condition Timer with a value of 1. Finally, add a Damage Unit effect, select your desired unit again and set the value to -1.

How can I have over 300 population?
Use the Modify Protounit effect to make a protounit have a population cost of a very extremely high number, like 999999999.0 . Make sure that it is a protounit that you can't normally get in-game by yourself. Then just place two of them somewhere on the map, and they will make the population for that player go to a negative number, and be infinite.

My triggers have stopped working!
Using Run immediately, quotations in chats, linking camera tracks, sound timers and decimals in conditions like timer and distance to unit affect this. If you are unsure about what the source is, outline what you did, and we can help.

The computer players aren't acting like computer players should!
You need to set AI for them. In the editor, click the "Scenario" tab, then "Player Data". There will be a button all the way to the right of the player slot to set the AI. It is reccomended you choose one of the "default" ais such as aomdefaultai.xs for AoM Vanilla, or aomxdefaultai.xs for The Titans.

I've seen people do these crazy camera angles that I can't seem to figure out how to do! Help!
A common question. Your camera must be unlocked and working first. It should be already by default. If it's not, press "Shift + Alt + C" to unlock it. To change the pitch of the camera, press "A" and "Z" or "Ctrl + Up Arrow" and "Ctrl + Down Arrow" on your keyboard to go up and down.

How do I add sound and dialogs in a scenario?
Like the dialogs in the campaigns, you can use the trigger effect "Play Dialog" to display text while on Cinematic Mode. You can type a text, include a sound, and a small image (portrait) "Sound filename" is a similar trigger effect, but not the main one used.

How can I give units animations like they do in the campaigns?
Select the unit in the editor, click on the "Cinematics" tab, then click "View animations." In the "Type" tab, find and click "Cinematic". In the "Anim Path:" tab is a list of animations that you can view for sampling. When you find the one you want, you can use its name with the "Set animation" trigger effect and be able to use it in-game.

Practical Guides
Scenario Design Library Articles
Scenario Design Dictionary
Shuch_ya_mouf's Ultimate Trigger Guide
Paperfriend's List of Guides
Making Quality Scenarios: Triggers
Making Quality Scenarios: Eyecandy
Nottud's Guide to the transform trigger
Campaign Dialogue List

Thread credits: Paperfriend + Yeebaago0on (FAQ), Eurotool (design), CeaseDaFire (maintenance), Reach (OP) 

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature

[This message has been edited by Out Reach (edited 01-22-2019 @ 10:12 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
WollieWoltaz
Mortal
posted 18 April 2016 12:45 PM EDT (US)     276 / 706       
I thought it was hero c monk, in what folders are you looking at?
pBiggZ
Mortal
(id: P_J_B)
posted 18 April 2016 02:33 PM EDT (US)     277 / 706       
Here's a question. When I want to use the set tech status trigger, the player dropdown list only allows me to modify up to player 10. This is actually not the only trigger that does this. Is there a way around this, because i'd like to use 12 players.

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
Poko
Mortal
posted 18 April 2016 05:03 PM EDT (US)     278 / 706       
ya in the list in editor there are no new portraits
Eurotool
Hero
posted 18 April 2016 05:17 PM EDT (US)     279 / 706       
@PJB: nottud has put together a big pack of triggers with the alternate player selection parameter. Check them out: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=5516

scragins
Heretic of December
posted 20 April 2016 07:04 AM EDT (US)     280 / 706       
@ PJB
The problem comes from the 'Player' parameter type. That drop down list only has players 0-10. If you have this problem with other custum triggers just replace "Player" with "Long". If you compare the triggers Euro linked to the originals that should help you change other triggers with the problem.
keroneiden
Mortal
posted 24 April 2016 01:27 PM EDT (US)     281 / 706       
Hi!

Can someone please explain me how can i possibly do the following?

1. Keep a PERSISTENT "cease fire" effect for a determined time? (the scenario im making has a timer, and i want the effect to end at a specific time)

2. FORCE player to to actually PLAY. No matter if i select human, JS or AI in the Players tab, player 2 does nothing unless i make a trigger telling it to do something.

3. Set a "win by difference of resources" trigger... like, make it so that the first player who has X amount of X resource MORE than the other, wins (say, player 1 has 1000 gold and player 2 has 2000, player 2 wins... not an overall thing, but a real-time versus)

Thanks in advance for the help and attention ^^
DamianEnriquez
Mortal
posted 05 May 2016 05:50 PM EDT (US)     282 / 706       
i need help with ammo system
to detect a projectile for example Arrow Flaming
but dont counted twice just one then
Quest Var Modify Arrows - 1 every time it detect one
using Y Triggers works great but the performance is too much, makes lag for weak PC in Online so i need to use a different system, do you know how? i tried to make the Arrow Flaming to Population Count 1000 and another condition pop count same or more than 1000, QV modify - 1 but naa dont work very good

Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord | GameRanger
Tower Defense new map
Zenophobia
Irrational Fear
posted 07 May 2016 05:49 PM EDT (US)     283 / 706       
Use the pop count trick you described but in the effects, also add a transform effect to transform 'arrow flaming' to 'arrow'.

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
DamianEnriquez
Mortal
posted 08 May 2016 05:53 PM EDT (US)     284 / 706       
is online scenario, im using Arrow for Towers, in single player everything works really good using y triggers but since all players lag or have a weak PC is not smooth at some times, this is not always the same, depends on the conection, im not sure, if i use the pop count trick all my quest var gets emply quickly and gets detected twice the same arrow flaming

Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord | GameRanger
Tower Defense new map

[This message has been edited by DamianEnriquez (edited 05-08-2016 @ 06:13 PM).]

pBiggZ
Mortal
(id: P_J_B)
posted 18 May 2016 09:18 PM EDT (US)     285 / 706       
whats a good way of killing godpowers early. as in, say, a player invokes rain, and I want it to end after 10 seconds instead of however long it goes. I've seen it done before, in that final fantasy tactics advanced scenario (loved that one back in the day) but I don't understand how it was pulled off.

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
Ghostoo
Mortal
posted 18 May 2016 11:15 PM EDT (US)     286 / 706       
Perhaps editing the lifespan of the sfx unit lowers the time?

Voolohmay? Kahlos.
Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 19 May 2016 01:40 AM EDT (US)     287 / 706       
Rain lasts less than a second if there are no targets to act on on the map. (TCs, farms and a few others).

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
FIRE101
Mortal
posted 21 May 2016 08:15 AM EDT (US)     288 / 706       
I have trouble with "odins towers" in "titans". How do I get my army on the hills to destroy the towers without being killed!?
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 21 May 2016 09:09 AM EDT (US)     289 / 706       
Replace all 3 Temples using timeshift and then you'll get a special godpower to deconstruct the tower.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 23 May 2016 04:56 PM EDT (US)     290 / 706       
How to modify cost of technology?

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
FIRE101
Mortal
posted 23 May 2016 05:19 PM EDT (US)     291 / 706       
Isn't it annoying? Trying to respond to a thread only to find out it was archived? Can't they just delete threads that have had no response to in 30 days instead of locking them?!!
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 23 May 2016 08:53 PM EDT (US)     292 / 706       
What exactly are you referring too?

I can unarchive any thread you want by the way.

Check out my YouTube
Zenophobia
Irrational Fear
posted 24 May 2016 08:30 AM EDT (US)     293 / 706       
I smell foul magicks at work here.

Eurotool
Hero
posted 24 May 2016 10:20 AM EDT (US)     294 / 706       
An archived thread won't let you reply to it. No idea what he's referring to. This guy has been spamming this forum and even HG's Library.

Malgus20033
Mortal
posted 24 June 2016 10:38 PM EDT (US)     295 / 706       
Is there anybody here? I have a question, I don't know hot to do a specific trigger, like when my hero saves some prisoners (Egyptian axemen for example) and they join me if I kill the enemies by them. How do I do that trigger (and with buildings too).
Zenophobia
Irrational Fear
posted 25 June 2016 12:10 PM EDT (US)     296 / 706       
Trigger Convert
[x] Active
[_] Loop
[_] Run Immediately
Highest Priority

Conditions
Is Dead: (select the units that need to be killed)

Effects
Convert: (select the prisoners)

Warrior NG
Mortal
posted 27 June 2016 07:39 PM EDT (US)     297 / 706       
Hello, AoM Heaven. I'm facing a problem with my new map, and I hoped this community could help me to solve it.

I started a 2v2 Mythodea map, made few shops, standard stuff in Mythodea. However, when a start initiates, it freezes. I couldn't find any trigger making bug or anything, and when I tried with a friend in 1v1, it also froze when a fight started, but the armies were slightly bigger. Yet, we had in total less than 30 units...

What could be causing this? Any way to fix it? If you need to look at the scenario, I can send it to you.

Thanks for help, have a good day everyone.
Zenophobia
Irrational Fear
posted 27 June 2016 10:37 PM EDT (US)     298 / 706       
What kind of crash is it? Does it freeze or lag or desync? Does the game itself crash and exit?

Ghostoo
Mortal
posted 28 June 2016 04:15 AM EDT (US)     299 / 706       
Do you happen to be using a trigger called "Grant resource per stat"? or something along those lines? There was a coding error in one trigger inside a widely used pack that was fixed within the last few months that you may not have an updated version of.

Voolohmay? Kahlos.
Warrior NG
Mortal
posted 28 June 2016 08:19 AM EDT (US)     300 / 706       
Zenophobia --> Not a desync, but a freeze. Must close the game and reopen it.

Ghostoo --> Yes, I do! I used it in my Escape maps, but it was working just fine. Can you send me a fix version of this trigger?
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13 14 ··· 20 ··· 29  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames