You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.675 replies, Sticky
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Question? Post it here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Have a Question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 21 22 23 24 ··· 27  Next Page »
Out Reach
Mortal
(id: newreach268)
posted 28 September 2015 03:38 PM EDT (US)         

Got a question? Need an answer?
Here is a list of common questions concerning AoM.

FAQ

Upon playtesting a scenario in the editor, I lose within the first five seconds!
Easy to fix. Simply click on the "Scenario" tab in the editor, click on "Scenario Data" and uncheck the check box next to "Use victory conditions". Alternatively, you can place a unit of yours somewhere on the map, then place an enemy unit somewhere else on the map as well.

How come it seems like some units are missing in the list of protounits on a trigger?
To find out the proto name of a unit, have it selected in the editor and click on the "Cinematics" tab, then click "View animations." For a shortcut, just select the unit and press Alt+A.

How do I make units larger or smaller?
This is for The Titans users only. To enlarge a unit, select it and hold "K" on your keyboard. To make the unit smaller, hold "Shift + K".

How can I change the stats (attack/health/etc.) for a unit?
Easy. If you're a Titans user you can find the two triggers called "Modify Protounit" and "Set Tech Status". If you're running regular AoM, you will only have "Set Tech Status" available. You can set unit attributes with both these triggers.

How can I make units regenerate health?
First create a new trigger. Check the Active and Loop boxes. Pull the Priority cursor all the way to the right. Create a new condition Is Alive, select and set your desired unit. Add a condition Timer with a value of 1. Finally, add a Damage Unit effect, select your desired unit again and set the value to -1.

How can I have over 300 population?
Use the Modify Protounit effect to make a protounit have a population cost of a very extremely high number, like 999999999.0 . Make sure that it is a protounit that you can't normally get in-game by yourself. Then just place two of them somewhere on the map, and they will make the population for that player go to a negative number, and be infinite.

My triggers have stopped working!
Using Run immediately, quotations in chats, linking camera tracks, sound timers and decimals in conditions like timer and distance to unit affect this. If you are unsure about what the source is, outline what you did, and we can help.

The computer players aren't acting like computer players should!
You need to set AI for them. In the editor, click the "Scenario" tab, then "Player Data". There will be a button all the way to the right of the player slot to set the AI. It is reccomended you choose one of the "default" ais such as aomdefaultai.xs for AoM Vanilla, or aomxdefaultai.xs for The Titans.

I've seen people do these crazy camera angles that I can't seem to figure out how to do! Help!
A common question. Your camera must be unlocked and working first. It should be already by default. If it's not, press "Shift + Alt + C" to unlock it. To change the pitch of the camera, press "A" and "Z" or "Ctrl + Up Arrow" and "Ctrl + Down Arrow" on your keyboard to go up and down.

How do I add sound and dialogs in a scenario?
Like the dialogs in the campaigns, you can use the trigger effect "Play Dialog" to display text while on Cinematic Mode. You can type a text, include a sound, and a small image (portrait) "Sound filename" is a similar trigger effect, but not the main one used.

How can I give units animations like they do in the campaigns?
Select the unit in the editor, click on the "Cinematics" tab, then click "View animations." In the "Type" tab, find and click "Cinematic". In the "Anim Path:" tab is a list of animations that you can view for sampling. When you find the one you want, you can use its name with the "Set animation" trigger effect and be able to use it in-game.

Practical Guides
Scenario Design Library Articles
Scenario Design Dictionary
Shuch_ya_mouf's Ultimate Trigger Guide
Paperfriend's List of Guides
Making Quality Scenarios: Triggers
Making Quality Scenarios: Eyecandy
Nottud's Guide to the transform trigger
Campaign Dialogue List

Thread credits: Paperfriend + Yeebaago0on (FAQ), Eurotool (design), CeaseDaFire (maintenance), Reach (OP) 

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature

[This message has been edited by Out Reach (edited 01-22-2019 @ 10:12 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 12 February 2018 07:06 PM EDT (US)     526 / 675       
Yeah... I seem to recall having used an online teleport trigger back in the day. I don't remember if it worked any better. That was for my Colossus campaign.

Y'know... the one I never finished.
nottud
Mortal
posted 15 February 2018 02:43 PM EDT (US)     527 / 675       
To teleport:
-Change block to roc
-Immediate garrison into roc
-Change roc back to block which evacuates all units causing a "teleport"

Hammerhands: Change the unit to itself to cause it to immediately evacuate?

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 02-15-2018 @ 02:45 PM).]

Izalith
Mortal
(id: Lilitu)
posted 18 February 2018 04:52 AM EDT (US)     528 / 675       
Works this teleport online? And how is it a teleport, do they immediate garrison even if the roc is far away? I'm using Shifting sands invoked by gaia for now which is kinda cheap x.x

Buut to another question I get confused with sometimes. If no one knows about this for sure, I'll need to test the condition behaviour on this:
- When a trigger has among other conditions a timer, does the order of the conditions matter? Will the timer only go off when the other conditions are met?
- When a condition is waiting for the timer only and gets disabled by "Disable Trigger", will it be stopped from being executed?

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Steam: Order of Azarath
Twitch: twitch.tv/orderofazarath
Discord: Azarath @ https://discord.gg/3ENKJeb
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 18 February 2018 09:25 AM EDT (US)     529 / 675       
this has the online teleport in it

http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=9522

also the infamous Modify Protounit All which I have used countless times.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
Izalith
Mortal
posted 18 February 2018 10:25 AM EDT (US)     530 / 675       
I quickly tested about what I asked (not the roc though).

-> When a trigger is active, the timer starts running no matter the condition order.
-> A trigger active but waiting for the timer to be executed can be stopped by "Disable Trigger".

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

scragins
Heretic of December
posted 19 February 2018 07:59 AM EDT (US)     531 / 675       
If you want to teleport a Titan and a few other units use well of urd instead of a roc but it will not 'teleport' to the exact location.
Izalith
Mortal
posted 20 February 2018 12:56 PM EDT (US)     532 / 675       
Is it okay to put small cinematics in the middle of a multiplayer scenario? Would that be sync sensitive?

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 20 February 2018 10:38 PM EDT (US)     533 / 675       
its fine, just don't use the "trigger" box in camera track effect.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 03-19-2018 @ 04:39 PM).]

Izalith
Mortal
posted 21 February 2018 05:22 PM EDT (US)     534 / 675       
Thx, added 4 vids of 3 secs each.

Did not try it online yet though, but I'm looking forward to doing that.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 22 February 2018 10:00 PM EDT (US)     535 / 675       
Thanks for the answer, Nottud, I do seem to recall that trick... never tried it, though, and I have the same question as posted above.
What do I do with the roc?
Tibzy
Mortal
posted 24 February 2018 04:26 PM EDT (US)     536 / 675       
This is bestexplained with an example.

I would like to make a cinematic that fires when player one or two gets close to a specific point. And after the cinematic the units are then converted to whichever player came to that point.

Is there a way to do this pther than making two of each trigger and then making triggers which disable them depending on which unit is in the area.

I hope that made sense.

Thanks
scragins
Heretic of December
posted 24 February 2018 10:04 PM EDT (US)     537 / 675       
@ Hammerands
Afterwards you just change the roc into a cinematic block, the change unit type trigger will work. In the editor you place a cinematic block where you wants the units to teleport to.

So in 'slow motion' you have unit A and you want it to teleport to location B. There will be a cinematic block (unit B) at location B.
1. Unit B changes to a roc.
2. Unit A immediately garrisons in unit B (currently a roc)
3. Unit A ungarrisons from Unit B. This will be directly below the roc because it is flying.
4. Unit B changes from a roc to a cinematic block.

In reality steps 3 and 4 are combined if you are using the change unit type effect.
Izalith
Mortal
posted 02 March 2018 06:08 PM EDT (US)     538 / 675       
A random p1rate on a twitchy stream chat offered 50 euros for a blood sport port to EE. If you wanna get paid you should find that pirate, but otherwise maybe someone's up to the task here. But don't mess it up, it's a heavenly reputation you'll hold in your hands.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Izalith
Mortal
posted 04 March 2018 01:17 AM EDT (US)     539 / 675       
@Tibzy Sorry I missed your question, but yes.

You can write your own condition "Units in Area" condition which saves the player in a QVar.
something like: if(trCountUnitsInArea from player 1) set QVar to 1. And so on.

It depends a bit on the question if you know what units to expect from the players. Also dont use ==1 if it is possible for a player to arrive with multiple units of a type.

Then an own effect uses that QVar for the conversion.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

[This message has been edited by Izalith (edited 03-04-2018 @ 01:18 AM).]

Izalith
Mortal
posted 04 March 2018 11:42 PM EDT (US)     540 / 675       
If you use "Change Unit Type" and change a unit into a cinematic block, does the game know if it is a green-yellow or a blue-red one?

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Izalith
Mortal
posted 06 March 2018 08:26 AM EDT (US)     541 / 675       
AAaaand a serious question to this forum: I cannot find my favorite sound file in the game.

It starts with whispering voices and goes on like that, various voices are getting loud or quiet on this. It always felt to me like Loki's "Eyes in the Forest"-Upgrade as Sound.

I have listened through the winds and musics but haven't found it. I believe it is between 7 and 14 seconds long. Maybe my sound folder is corrupted.

Found it. The name "windandvoice" was right after all, my sound folder was corrupted.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

[This message has been edited by Izalith (edited 03-06-2018 @ 09:06 AM).]

Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 15 March 2018 12:38 PM EDT (US)     542 / 675       
Corrupted how? Was it bribing the security guys to look the other way when it was alone with Amanra?
Izalith
Mortal
posted 15 March 2018 12:50 PM EDT (US)     543 / 675       
I have an extra folder to search for icons, and an extra folder to search for sound files. Both for usage in scenarios.

My copied sound folder had some folders or files missing for no reason, so I just copied it over again so it's fine now.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Izalith
Mortal
posted 18 March 2018 08:23 PM EDT (US)     544 / 675       
I tested the "Phoenixborn" scenario on EE the other day with 2 other players. At the beginning it seemed playable (though very laggy). The first bug I saw was that a NPC priest which was supposed to be stationary had moved up to heal us..

The next bug however was much more crucial. All the transport ships and the Leviathan had no carry capacity at all. Thus we could not leave the first area and had to abort the game.

Is there something broken with "modify protounit" on EE? Which Titans Conditions/Effects do not work on EE?

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

[This message has been edited by Izalith (edited 03-18-2018 @ 08:23 PM).]

Nickonhawk
The Narrator
posted 19 March 2018 02:09 PM EDT (US)     545 / 675       
Hi there. Can someone please tell me, more detailed than the usual it's just a bug, about why music sometimes doesn't play and how to prevent it?

Youtube Channel
Skyrim... the greatest game ever... without considering Age of Mythology, of course!
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
and Brisingr-know these three things and your task here is accomplished...
Izalith
Mortal
posted 19 March 2018 02:47 PM EDT (US)     546 / 675       
When does this occur? Regular supremacy games?

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Nickonhawk
The Narrator
posted 19 March 2018 04:27 PM EDT (US)     547 / 675       
Well I'm talking about the Music Filename effect.

Youtube Channel
Skyrim... the greatest game ever... without considering Age of Mythology, of course!
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
and Brisingr-know these three things and your task here is accomplished...
Petitomi
Mortal
posted 24 March 2018 04:09 AM EDT (US)     548 / 675       
Hy all !! I am new here.. How can i move a statue VERTICALLY ??
I want to put the Sleeping Guardian the top of the "Mine gate", but I can't.... I want it because I'd like to make a GameofThrones style scenario, and I wanna make Bravoos (The city's entrance from the river is a Soldier whose two legs are at the two watersides, and the ships can go between its legs. Any solution, anybody?
Izalith
Mortal
posted 24 March 2018 04:16 AM EDT (US)     549 / 675       
A couple of days ago I came across this, that may work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtRCiADW2Ds

Though if the guardian is a unit, it probably wont work.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

FunnyMaster
Mortal
posted 30 March 2018 07:57 AM EDT (US)     550 / 675       
Hello everyone. Question: in manual it`s written about thor cavalry generating gold when attacking buildings, but this was removed because of it wasn`t noticable. In Tale of Dragon expansion Pixiu generates gold while fighting. Can I add similar function to one of my The Titans units? Maybe some Autogather action parameters must be changed? Hope to hear an answer soon.
More information on pixiu here.

Best regards, FunnyMaster
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 21 22 23 24 ··· 27  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames