You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.678 replies, Sticky
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Question? Post it here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Have a Question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 24 25 26 27  Next Page »
Out Reach
Mortal
(id: newreach268)
posted 28 September 2015 03:38 PM EDT (US)         

Got a question? Need an answer?
Here is a list of common questions concerning AoM.

FAQ

Upon playtesting a scenario in the editor, I lose within the first five seconds!
Easy to fix. Simply click on the "Scenario" tab in the editor, click on "Scenario Data" and uncheck the check box next to "Use victory conditions". Alternatively, you can place a unit of yours somewhere on the map, then place an enemy unit somewhere else on the map as well.

How come it seems like some units are missing in the list of protounits on a trigger?
To find out the proto name of a unit, have it selected in the editor and click on the "Cinematics" tab, then click "View animations." For a shortcut, just select the unit and press Alt+A.

How do I make units larger or smaller?
This is for The Titans users only. To enlarge a unit, select it and hold "K" on your keyboard. To make the unit smaller, hold "Shift + K".

How can I change the stats (attack/health/etc.) for a unit?
Easy. If you're a Titans user you can find the two triggers called "Modify Protounit" and "Set Tech Status". If you're running regular AoM, you will only have "Set Tech Status" available. You can set unit attributes with both these triggers.

How can I make units regenerate health?
First create a new trigger. Check the Active and Loop boxes. Pull the Priority cursor all the way to the right. Create a new condition Is Alive, select and set your desired unit. Add a condition Timer with a value of 1. Finally, add a Damage Unit effect, select your desired unit again and set the value to -1.

How can I have over 300 population?
Use the Modify Protounit effect to make a protounit have a population cost of a very extremely high number, like 999999999.0 . Make sure that it is a protounit that you can't normally get in-game by yourself. Then just place two of them somewhere on the map, and they will make the population for that player go to a negative number, and be infinite.

My triggers have stopped working!
Using Run immediately, quotations in chats, linking camera tracks, sound timers and decimals in conditions like timer and distance to unit affect this. If you are unsure about what the source is, outline what you did, and we can help.

The computer players aren't acting like computer players should!
You need to set AI for them. In the editor, click the "Scenario" tab, then "Player Data". There will be a button all the way to the right of the player slot to set the AI. It is reccomended you choose one of the "default" ais such as aomdefaultai.xs for AoM Vanilla, or aomxdefaultai.xs for The Titans.

I've seen people do these crazy camera angles that I can't seem to figure out how to do! Help!
A common question. Your camera must be unlocked and working first. It should be already by default. If it's not, press "Shift + Alt + C" to unlock it. To change the pitch of the camera, press "A" and "Z" or "Ctrl + Up Arrow" and "Ctrl + Down Arrow" on your keyboard to go up and down.

How do I add sound and dialogs in a scenario?
Like the dialogs in the campaigns, you can use the trigger effect "Play Dialog" to display text while on Cinematic Mode. You can type a text, include a sound, and a small image (portrait) "Sound filename" is a similar trigger effect, but not the main one used.

How can I give units animations like they do in the campaigns?
Select the unit in the editor, click on the "Cinematics" tab, then click "View animations." In the "Type" tab, find and click "Cinematic". In the "Anim Path:" tab is a list of animations that you can view for sampling. When you find the one you want, you can use its name with the "Set animation" trigger effect and be able to use it in-game.

Practical Guides
Scenario Design Library Articles
Scenario Design Dictionary
Shuch_ya_mouf's Ultimate Trigger Guide
Paperfriend's List of Guides
Making Quality Scenarios: Triggers
Making Quality Scenarios: Eyecandy
Nottud's Guide to the transform trigger
Campaign Dialogue List

Thread credits: Paperfriend + Yeebaago0on (FAQ), Eurotool (design), CeaseDaFire (maintenance), Reach (OP) 

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature

[This message has been edited by Out Reach (edited 01-22-2019 @ 10:12 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 11 July 2018 06:45 AM EDT (US)     626 / 678       
I know you can change the length of time they lie there. I managed to extend that time at one point. I can't remember how.

I think I used the modify protounit Automaton corpse.
Or something...
scragins
Heretic of December
posted 11 July 2018 08:55 AM EDT (US)     627 / 678       
I've done some tests on automaton corpse and modify protounit. It seems any increase or decrease in the recharge rate (the orange bar below the hp) will make the corpses last forever. A negative value will result in no bar while a positive value will result a bar that is always full. By default for the automaton when they die the bar starts full and slowly decreases (similar to a lifespan).

I can not find a unit called automaton corpse or corpse automaton.

Update: the lifespan stat has some influence. The lifespan applies to the automaton however when the unit dies due to running out of life span (like an Egyptian mercenary) there will be no corpse.

So far I have not found anything promising.

[This message has been edited by scragins (edited 07-11-2018 @ 09:03 AM).]

King_Hollywood
Mortal
posted 15 July 2018 03:20 PM EDT (US)     628 / 678       
Big Question
Any reason why the game would crash when I tell units to go to certain place on the map?
I happens everytime I tell them to go there?

[This message has been edited by King_Hollywood (edited 07-16-2018 @ 10:41 AM).]

nottud
Mortal
posted 17 July 2018 07:12 AM EDT (US)     629 / 678       
Sounds like a path finding bug or the cursor is over a unit that the game does not like?
Izalith
Mortal
(id: Lilitu)
posted 17 July 2018 09:23 AM EDT (US)     630 / 678       
In multiplayer I had such a crash with some "unit in player LOS" condition. "Units in Area by Type" is safe to use.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Steam: Order of Azarath
Twitch: twitch.tv/orderofazarath
Discord: Azarath @ https://discord.gg/3ENKJeb
scragins
Heretic of December
posted 17 July 2018 10:49 AM EDT (US)     631 / 678       
Is it when you give the command for units to move or when the units reach the area? If it is when you give the command I do not have much of an idea what is going on.

If it is when the units reach an area I have a few questions.
1. Is it with all units or only some?
2. Do the units in question have any triggers effecting them?
3. Does any area the units pass through have triggers related to them?
4. Can you move units to other parts of the map? (From your question I assume you can move units to other parts of the map.)
5. Is this multiplayer or single player?
King_Hollywood
Mortal
posted 17 July 2018 02:45 PM EDT (US)     632 / 678       
It was figured out by a true trigger master.
There was an army flash trigger that the game did not like for some reason or another.
Thanks for your interest anyway.
Izalith
Mortal
posted 30 July 2018 04:46 AM EDT (US)     633 / 678       
Hello,

void is trying to make a custom condition using kbArmy-Commands. But apparently none of those return any useful value to work with.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AgeofMythology/comments/928wfj/xml_custom_trigger_aomee/

However earlier in the trigger request thread and in nottuds package I saw some of them used. So.. what's wrong?

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

nottud
Mortal
posted 30 July 2018 07:36 AM EDT (US)     634 / 678       
See my reply - the count uses unit name rather than id which cannot be obtained from a given unit. Search triggers is the only thing close that can retrieve such information so I recommend counting using a kb query instead with uses id.
King_Hollywood
Mortal
posted 26 August 2018 00:39 AM EDT (US)     635 / 678       
Just wondering if anyone has ever made a mod for more statues of myth units.Such as fire giants ect.
Hammerhands
Mortal
posted 26 August 2018 11:08 AM EDT (US)     636 / 678       
I used to think that the statues were kind of bland.
I liked the sandstone monuments, with the lions and Pharaoh, but the myth unit monuments were... eh.

Also, isn't this a modding question?
scragins
Heretic of December
posted 01 September 2018 00:21 AM EDT (US)     637 / 678       
I don't think it is exactly what you are looking for but Nottud found a way to give units a stone texture using medusa and the transform trigger. Zeno has then also found a way to stun units so they do not move. Individually these are both online compatible. I guess you could combine these two effects to make any unit a stone statue.
Izalith
Mortal
posted 02 September 2018 04:00 PM EDT (US)     638 / 678       
Is there a limit to triggers in a scenario?

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

nottud
Mortal
posted 03 September 2018 07:24 AM EDT (US)     639 / 678       
It seems like the ingame parser eventually gives up if the count gets silly but hopefully in most situations it would not get reached.....
BugsBunny13
Mortal
posted 03 September 2018 07:47 AM EDT (US)     640 / 678       
Hello! I have a question regarding the AI in scenario editor ... i go in player data and select the aomdefault it works , the AI is advancing but only that ... builds a temple advance to the next age , builds an armory advance and so ... doesnt build anything else , no army no attacking me nothing ... what should i do ? is pretty useless .. thank you
nottud
Mortal
posted 03 September 2018 12:19 PM EDT (US)     641 / 678       
Quick silly check - are the they appropriate civ for the units they are provided with?
BugsBunny13
Mortal
posted 04 September 2018 01:46 AM EDT (US)     642 / 678       
Yes! I give them a Town center And every recource they need.. And they Train only villagers enough to gather food gold wood And advancing Ón age... That's all
Abdul Ahad890724
Mortal
posted 06 September 2018 01:42 AM EDT (US)     643 / 678       
How can I make a unit stand on a building like wall or a fortress?
nottud
Mortal
posted 06 September 2018 07:19 AM EDT (US)     644 / 678       
Download the advanced editor allowing you to change the height of some units, place an armor glow, change its height to the location you want. If you want to preview your unit use the Transform functionality to transform to and from your unit and armor glow but ensure you leave it as armor glow. Then add a trigger effect of Transform and use it to change to your required unit ingame.

This system allows you to place units at any height anywhere in the game.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 09-06-2018 @ 07:19 AM).]

Petitomi
Mortal
posted 07 October 2018 04:10 PM EDT (US)     645 / 678       
Hey fans !
How can I change a unit name in Editor?
I wanna change for example All Frost Giant's name at the same time..But I only find "Change unit name" trigger..
Please help me !

Other question: In Which size are the units "face picture"? 48x48 or 50x50 or what?

Thank you !
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 07 October 2018 04:13 PM EDT (US)     646 / 678       
For your first question I believe there's a trigger called "change unit name by name" that may work but I may be wrong. You may have no choice but to use ytriggers. I don't have a ton of experience in them so you may have to consult someone who does (or hopefully someone who does sees this).

64x64 is the answer to your 2nd question.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
Petitomi
Mortal
posted 07 October 2018 04:32 PM EDT (US)     647 / 678       
Thank you..
the "Change name unit by unit" (or whatever it's name is) Trigger didn't work...Or did I miss to make group or something? I hope someone could help me

Where can I find pictures from other (Pro)editors at here or someone else?
I need inspiration for my mediaval castles...GoT
nottud
Mortal
posted 09 October 2018 07:15 AM EDT (US)     648 / 678       
I thought there was a change name in area trigger - probably done using a kb query. Can't give right now as at work but probably in one of many trigger packs around.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 10-09-2018 @ 07:19 AM).]

Anraheir
Mortal
posted 13 October 2018 12:05 PM EDT (US)     649 / 678       
Is there a way to set animations for units that involve bored, flail, walk, build, etc.? I'm not sure if I typed down the wrong path or if it's just not possible.

Any help would be appreciated.
Petitomi
Mortal
posted 13 October 2018 02:21 PM EDT (US)     650 / 678       
Hey !

I have the editor pack, but I can't do it yet..maybe later..

How can I create the water that the units can Walk across it? There is a way I know, because I saw it in the original AoM game...

And...Can I build a "bridge" to the air? I tried it with Implode ball, but It didn't work... I tried to put the rotated Wall to the Top of the implodes, but also didn't work...The unit doesn't walk on them..I need help to build Winterfell !
Thank you guys

[This message has been edited by Petitomi (edited 10-13-2018 @ 02:22 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 24 25 26 27  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames