You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.676 replies, Sticky
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Question? Post it here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Have a Question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 6 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 27  Next Page »
Out Reach
Mortal
(id: newreach268)
posted 28 September 2015 03:38 PM EDT (US)         

Got a question? Need an answer?
Here is a list of common questions concerning AoM.

FAQ

Upon playtesting a scenario in the editor, I lose within the first five seconds!
Easy to fix. Simply click on the "Scenario" tab in the editor, click on "Scenario Data" and uncheck the check box next to "Use victory conditions". Alternatively, you can place a unit of yours somewhere on the map, then place an enemy unit somewhere else on the map as well.

How come it seems like some units are missing in the list of protounits on a trigger?
To find out the proto name of a unit, have it selected in the editor and click on the "Cinematics" tab, then click "View animations." For a shortcut, just select the unit and press Alt+A.

How do I make units larger or smaller?
This is for The Titans users only. To enlarge a unit, select it and hold "K" on your keyboard. To make the unit smaller, hold "Shift + K".

How can I change the stats (attack/health/etc.) for a unit?
Easy. If you're a Titans user you can find the two triggers called "Modify Protounit" and "Set Tech Status". If you're running regular AoM, you will only have "Set Tech Status" available. You can set unit attributes with both these triggers.

How can I make units regenerate health?
First create a new trigger. Check the Active and Loop boxes. Pull the Priority cursor all the way to the right. Create a new condition Is Alive, select and set your desired unit. Add a condition Timer with a value of 1. Finally, add a Damage Unit effect, select your desired unit again and set the value to -1.

How can I have over 300 population?
Use the Modify Protounit effect to make a protounit have a population cost of a very extremely high number, like 999999999.0 . Make sure that it is a protounit that you can't normally get in-game by yourself. Then just place two of them somewhere on the map, and they will make the population for that player go to a negative number, and be infinite.

My triggers have stopped working!
Using Run immediately, quotations in chats, linking camera tracks, sound timers and decimals in conditions like timer and distance to unit affect this. If you are unsure about what the source is, outline what you did, and we can help.

The computer players aren't acting like computer players should!
You need to set AI for them. In the editor, click the "Scenario" tab, then "Player Data". There will be a button all the way to the right of the player slot to set the AI. It is reccomended you choose one of the "default" ais such as aomdefaultai.xs for AoM Vanilla, or aomxdefaultai.xs for The Titans.

I've seen people do these crazy camera angles that I can't seem to figure out how to do! Help!
A common question. Your camera must be unlocked and working first. It should be already by default. If it's not, press "Shift + Alt + C" to unlock it. To change the pitch of the camera, press "A" and "Z" or "Ctrl + Up Arrow" and "Ctrl + Down Arrow" on your keyboard to go up and down.

How do I add sound and dialogs in a scenario?
Like the dialogs in the campaigns, you can use the trigger effect "Play Dialog" to display text while on Cinematic Mode. You can type a text, include a sound, and a small image (portrait) "Sound filename" is a similar trigger effect, but not the main one used.

How can I give units animations like they do in the campaigns?
Select the unit in the editor, click on the "Cinematics" tab, then click "View animations." In the "Type" tab, find and click "Cinematic". In the "Anim Path:" tab is a list of animations that you can view for sampling. When you find the one you want, you can use its name with the "Set animation" trigger effect and be able to use it in-game.

Practical Guides
Scenario Design Library Articles
Scenario Design Dictionary
Shuch_ya_mouf's Ultimate Trigger Guide
Paperfriend's List of Guides
Making Quality Scenarios: Triggers
Making Quality Scenarios: Eyecandy
Nottud's Guide to the transform trigger
Campaign Dialogue List

Thread credits: Paperfriend + Yeebaago0on (FAQ), Eurotool (design), CeaseDaFire (maintenance), Reach (OP) 

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature

[This message has been edited by Out Reach (edited 01-22-2019 @ 10:12 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
nottud
Mortal
posted 03 December 2015 07:29 AM EDT (US)     76 / 676       
Been quite busy last couple of months but I am hoping to get more time and back to designing when the expansion is released January. (Hopefully others be similarly back...)

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 12-03-2015 @ 07:30 AM).]

Zenophobia
Irrational Fear
posted 03 December 2015 02:04 PM EDT (US)     77 / 676       
lol we could have a scenario design contest.

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
Anraheir
Mortal
posted 13 December 2015 03:27 PM EDT (US)     78 / 676       
How can you prevent a myth unit from spawning at the temple when you test a cinematic?
Zenophobia
Irrational Fear
posted 13 December 2015 04:16 PM EDT (US)     79 / 676       
set tech status: Age 2 Critters -> Unavailable

and do the same for Age 3 and Age 4.

Anraheir
Mortal
posted 14 December 2015 03:08 PM EDT (US)     80 / 676       
Thanks Zeno, but for some reason that did not work:

set tech status: age 2 (and 3 and 4; even 1) critter - unobtainable

I made sure it was for the correct player too. Any other suggestions?
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 15 December 2015 08:17 AM EDT (US)     81 / 676       
Units in Area -> Destroy Units in Area?

I think this is it, and I think destroy units in area is something you have to download from the site. If that doesn't work look for Kill Units in Area.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
scragins
Heretic of December
posted 16 December 2015 03:46 AM EDT (US)     82 / 676       
Does kill leave behind a corpse?
If so try change unit type in area and change it to an invisible target.
Zenophobia
Irrational Fear
posted 16 December 2015 01:10 PM EDT (US)     83 / 676       
Destroy does not leave behind a corpse but kill does.

Destroy acts like deleting in the editor.

SwordOfValor
Knight
posted 24 December 2015 07:29 AM EDT (US)     84 / 676       
How did you set up the trigger? Always Immediately and high priority?

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
shindrt
Mortal
posted 30 December 2015 09:24 AM EDT (US)     85 / 676       
It's a rather dumb question, but still: how do clouds work in the editor? I see them in the objects list but when I try to put them on the map nothing happens.
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 30 December 2015 02:20 PM EDT (US)     86 / 676       
mist, don't know the difference between the two mists though

theres also lightning clouds.

the clouds object could just be broken.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 31 December 2015 11:40 PM EDT (US)     87 / 676       
Is there a function for the editor where you can click on an object and it converts to a player you select?

Check out my YouTube
Eurotool
Hero
posted 01 January 2016 00:10 AM EDT (US)     88 / 676       
Not to my knowledge, but Lostro's Unit Modder can achieve this.

scragins
Heretic of December
posted 01 January 2016 11:19 PM EDT (US)     89 / 676       
It's a rather dumb question, but still: how do clouds work in the editor? I see them in the objects list but when I try to put them on the map nothing happens.
There is another problem with clouds where you can not see them from below. If you are using the standard camera angle this should not be a problem for you.
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 01 January 2016 11:42 PM EDT (US)     90 / 676       
@Euro
I looked under lostrozzacavalli's files but couldn't find it. Link?

Check out my YouTube
Eurotool
Hero
posted 01 January 2016 11:44 PM EDT (US)     91 / 676       
@Expert: Damn sorry, it actually is invent00r's!
http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=9125

TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 02 January 2016 11:26 AM EDT (US)     92 / 676       
I thought so

Check out my YouTube
nottud
Mortal
posted 04 January 2016 07:26 AM EDT (US)     93 / 676       
If you cannot get the modder to work for any reason here is an alternative crazy approach using my superpack that should work...:

(1)Transform your unit using transform in editor to something you can convert by having units near
(2)Place a unit near it of the player you want it to convert to
(3)Transform your unit back

Warning: Don't choose an animal that fattens it will crash the game. (Also buildings like healing spring may flatten the terrain) Probably safest to use is tug of war caravan containing the osiris piece.
XLightningStormL
Mortal
(id: TheBronyKing11)
posted 04 January 2016 08:21 AM EDT (US)     94 / 676       
How do I get technologies to be active in random maps? but to be unobtainable otherwise.

I asked in the RMS/Modding Forum, but there is no-one left to give a proper reply.

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
nottud
Mortal
posted 04 January 2016 02:22 PM EDT (US)     95 / 676       
Take a look at a thread I wrote a while back teaching a way to put triggers in random maps:

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,29516,0,all
XLightningStormL
Mortal
(id: TheBronyKing11)
posted 04 January 2016 07:51 PM EDT (US)     96 / 676       
Couldn't be bothered working it out.

Can you upload a less complicated, easy version or just give a quick guide on how to enable the tech in RMS?

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
nottud
Mortal
posted 05 January 2016 08:30 AM EDT (US)     97 / 676       
Put this at top of script:

void code(string xs="") { //inject trigger effect
rmAddTriggerEffect("SetIdleProcessing");
rmSetTriggerEffectParam("IdleProc",");"+xs+"//");
}

void con(string xs2="") { //inject trigger condition
rmAddTriggerCondition("Player Defeated");
rmSetTriggerConditionParam("PlayerID","0)||("+xs2+"));//");
}

This is the trigger - put this at bottom before end of script - replace with whatever tech and players you want:

rmCreateTrigger("t1"); //declare trigger
rmSwitchToTrigger(rmTriggerID("t1")); //set the trigger we are changing
con("(trTime()-cActivationTime) >= 0"); //timer condition of 0 seconds
code("trTechSetStatus(1, 2, 4);"); //set player 1 to age 3
rmSetTriggerPriority(4); //high priority
rmSetTriggerActive(true); //trigger will currently run
rmSetTriggerRunImmediately(true); //trigger should immediately active
rmSetTriggerLoop(false); //trigger should loop
Set tech status has a similar problem being the tech uses a tech Id with the status and tech being an integer. There are tech ID lists around for download but not the indexing is different between AOM:EE and AOMX:
Electroflux
Mortal
posted 06 January 2016 09:55 AM EDT (US)     98 / 676       
I have a question.

How do you rotate the camera in any direction you want while in the editor?

I'm trying to forsee how I'm going to set up my cinematic without having to do all the work of the cinematic just to see it come into fruition.

I'm asking how to pan the camera upwards and downwards, as if you're like looking into a horizon and up at the sky.
Eurotool
Hero
posted 06 January 2016 12:16 PM EDT (US)     99 / 676       
With Nottud's Editor, hit Shift-Alt-C to unlock the camera. Ctrl-Up and Ctrl-Down will change the angle of view. Page Up and Page Down move the camera up and down. There's also other advanced controls in the camera settings. Good luck!

[This message has been edited by Canada Dry Ginger Ale (edited 01-06-2016 @ 12:17 PM).]

Electroflux
Mortal
posted 06 January 2016 12:45 PM EDT (US)     100 / 676       
Is it normal to have your game bog down when you're trying to view across the map? Even on a blank map, when i look up, the game seizes bad. Certainly not a computer issue, it should definitely work. Is this an issue?

My map size is at like 600 x 600.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 6 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 27  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames