You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.678 replies, Sticky
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Question? Post it here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Have a Question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 27  Next Page »
Out Reach
Mortal
(id: newreach268)
posted 28 September 2015 03:38 PM EDT (US)         

Got a question? Need an answer?
Here is a list of common questions concerning AoM.

FAQ

Upon playtesting a scenario in the editor, I lose within the first five seconds!
Easy to fix. Simply click on the "Scenario" tab in the editor, click on "Scenario Data" and uncheck the check box next to "Use victory conditions". Alternatively, you can place a unit of yours somewhere on the map, then place an enemy unit somewhere else on the map as well.

How come it seems like some units are missing in the list of protounits on a trigger?
To find out the proto name of a unit, have it selected in the editor and click on the "Cinematics" tab, then click "View animations." For a shortcut, just select the unit and press Alt+A.

How do I make units larger or smaller?
This is for The Titans users only. To enlarge a unit, select it and hold "K" on your keyboard. To make the unit smaller, hold "Shift + K".

How can I change the stats (attack/health/etc.) for a unit?
Easy. If you're a Titans user you can find the two triggers called "Modify Protounit" and "Set Tech Status". If you're running regular AoM, you will only have "Set Tech Status" available. You can set unit attributes with both these triggers.

How can I make units regenerate health?
First create a new trigger. Check the Active and Loop boxes. Pull the Priority cursor all the way to the right. Create a new condition Is Alive, select and set your desired unit. Add a condition Timer with a value of 1. Finally, add a Damage Unit effect, select your desired unit again and set the value to -1.

How can I have over 300 population?
Use the Modify Protounit effect to make a protounit have a population cost of a very extremely high number, like 999999999.0 . Make sure that it is a protounit that you can't normally get in-game by yourself. Then just place two of them somewhere on the map, and they will make the population for that player go to a negative number, and be infinite.

My triggers have stopped working!
Using Run immediately, quotations in chats, linking camera tracks, sound timers and decimals in conditions like timer and distance to unit affect this. If you are unsure about what the source is, outline what you did, and we can help.

The computer players aren't acting like computer players should!
You need to set AI for them. In the editor, click the "Scenario" tab, then "Player Data". There will be a button all the way to the right of the player slot to set the AI. It is reccomended you choose one of the "default" ais such as aomdefaultai.xs for AoM Vanilla, or aomxdefaultai.xs for The Titans.

I've seen people do these crazy camera angles that I can't seem to figure out how to do! Help!
A common question. Your camera must be unlocked and working first. It should be already by default. If it's not, press "Shift + Alt + C" to unlock it. To change the pitch of the camera, press "A" and "Z" or "Ctrl + Up Arrow" and "Ctrl + Down Arrow" on your keyboard to go up and down.

How do I add sound and dialogs in a scenario?
Like the dialogs in the campaigns, you can use the trigger effect "Play Dialog" to display text while on Cinematic Mode. You can type a text, include a sound, and a small image (portrait) "Sound filename" is a similar trigger effect, but not the main one used.

How can I give units animations like they do in the campaigns?
Select the unit in the editor, click on the "Cinematics" tab, then click "View animations." In the "Type" tab, find and click "Cinematic". In the "Anim Path:" tab is a list of animations that you can view for sampling. When you find the one you want, you can use its name with the "Set animation" trigger effect and be able to use it in-game.

Practical Guides
Scenario Design Library Articles
Scenario Design Dictionary
Shuch_ya_mouf's Ultimate Trigger Guide
Paperfriend's List of Guides
Making Quality Scenarios: Triggers
Making Quality Scenarios: Eyecandy
Nottud's Guide to the transform trigger
Campaign Dialogue List

Thread credits: Paperfriend + Yeebaago0on (FAQ), Eurotool (design), CeaseDaFire (maintenance), Reach (OP) 

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature

[This message has been edited by Out Reach (edited 01-22-2019 @ 10:12 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Zenophobia
Irrational Fear
posted 24 October 2015 07:29 PM EDT (US)     51 / 678       
I think hesperides stops god powers if it's controlled by a player other than gaia. Whether it is placed on the map through the editor or a god power should not make any difference.

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]
Ghostoo
Mortal
posted 24 October 2015 09:53 PM EDT (US)     52 / 678       
The Hesperides tree must be enemy to the player(s) whose godpowers need blocking

Voolohmay? Kahlos.

[This message has been edited by Ghostoo (edited 10-24-2015 @ 09:53 PM).]

Eurotool
Hero
posted 27 October 2015 07:43 PM EDT (US)     53 / 678       
Thread appreciation: Q&A's in the OP are outdated to back when TT didn't even exist. Most questions are extremely redundant and the format is worst than a Geocities blog.

Based on the reviews I got about my last question thread design, I'll refine my previous work for Reach to update the OP with, considering this is the most visited thread after the LPW in this community...

TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 28 October 2015 09:23 PM EDT (US)     54 / 678       
...and thanks to Eurotool we have this exquisite masterpiece.

I mean look at that screenshot... that's a SCREENSHOT.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.

[This message has been edited by CeaseDaFire (edited 10-28-2015 @ 09:27 PM).]

Zenophobia
Irrational Fear
posted 29 October 2015 01:53 AM EDT (US)     55 / 678       
>:0 impossibru!

Speaking of screenshots, it's almost time for Hocus Pocus, right?

Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 29 October 2015 07:45 AM EDT (US)     56 / 678       
Indeed it is.

Thread looks really nice. I mean really nice, best looking question thread ever. Is that a skymod or a photoshop?

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 10-29-2015 @ 07:47 AM).]

yucko
Mortal
posted 29 October 2015 12:04 PM EDT (US)     57 / 678       
I have a couple of nooby questions. Trying to get back into making scenarios after 5 years, I dont remember a lot of the triggers.

How do I make Mercenary/Minons last forever?

I know army deploy spawns troops, but how can I make the spawned troops move with attack move on?

Is there a condition for if player selects easy on the campaign menu then x?
Eurotool
Hero
posted 29 October 2015 12:19 PM EDT (US)     58 / 678       
Thread looks really nice. I mean really nice, best looking question thread ever. Is that a skymod or a photoshop?
Thank you! It's a photoshop, though I guess it would be pretty easy to bring that specific skybox in the game. Although I didn't want to lose my animations by leaving the editor...
How do I make Mercenary/Minons last forever?
Use Modify Protounit trigger and put Lifespan of both units to 999999
I know army deploy spawns troops, but how can I make the spawned troops move with attack move on?
Use Army Move trigger and check Attack Mode.
Is there a condition for if player selects easy on the campaign menu then x?
There's a condition called Difficulty Level that does this.

Zenophobia
Irrational Fear
posted 29 October 2015 07:19 PM EDT (US)     59 / 678       
Actually, to make units with lifespans last forever, use modify protounit but use a very large negative number. If their lifespan is less than or equal to zero, then they will last forever.

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 10-29-2015 @ 07:19 PM).]

scragins
Heretic of December
posted 30 October 2015 10:59 PM EDT (US)     60 / 678       
What happened to Hocus Pocus?
Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 31 October 2015 05:17 AM EDT (US)     61 / 678       
Hocus Pocus will be upon us once our dear Kims depart.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
Zenophobia
Irrational Fear
posted 31 October 2015 01:50 PM EDT (US)     62 / 678       
we must first save poor Elrich from the clutches of the Census Bot.

EoxBoy
Mortal
posted 01 November 2015 01:07 AM EDT (US)     63 / 678       
Hey, I have a question. Me and my friend were playing vs 2 bots. and they only attacked me, the host. They only attacked my friend if he got in their way.
ind10s
Mortal
posted 01 November 2015 07:24 AM EDT (US)     64 / 678       
i play with a frend against several Ais quite ofthen and this hapen to me too, best explanation i could find about is on this tread.

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,25998,0,all
Loggy
Mortal
posted 01 November 2015 05:55 PM EDT (US)     65 / 678       
Having had a very quick look through the default AI scripts, that thread describes how it works, though if the game decides that there is a more "hated enemy" then that is used instead. With the pathetic documentation ES left it's not clear exactly what that means, but I'd guess that someone with a completed wonder will probably take priority.
yucko
Mortal
posted 02 November 2015 09:49 AM EDT (US)     66 / 678       
Thank you guys for the quick answers!
Nickonhawk
The Narrator
posted 05 November 2015 07:59 AM EDT (US)     67 / 678       
How can I see the health of a unit with decimals?

Nickonhawk

Youtube Channel
Skyrim... the greatest game ever... without considering Age of Mythology, of course!
Ctrl...Alt...Q...
and Brisingr-know these three things and your task here is accomplished...
EoxBoy
Mortal
posted 09 November 2015 02:32 PM EDT (US)     68 / 678       
Thank you guys for the answers! Hopefully I can see tomorrow if we can get it fixed ^.^
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 09 November 2015 04:36 PM EDT (US)     69 / 678       
@Zhaka
In what way?

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
Damaskox
Mortal
posted 25 November 2015 01:32 PM EDT (US)     70 / 678       
I have a feeling this has already been asked here before, even when I couldn't find it with the search function.

I also tried to search through Google, but I didn't get lucky.

---

I have been trying to repetitively add Health at a selected Town Center with a timer.

This works with Modify Protounit, but it affects every Settlement built =(
Damage Unit works as long as it damages, but if I set a negative number (-10), nothing happens.

Any ideas?

[This message has been edited by Damaskox (edited 11-25-2015 @ 01:33 PM).]

Eurotool
Hero
posted 25 November 2015 03:27 PM EDT (US)     71 / 678       
Unfortunately you can't modify the stats of a single unit without affecting all protounits owned by the same player.

Your only option is to use Damage Unit, as you mentionned, but only if it's damaged.

I don't know what goal you're trying to achieve, but if you had only 2 TCs you could use a Citadel as they both play the same role...

[This message has been edited by Canada Dry Ginger Ale (edited 11-25-2015 @ 03:28 PM).]

Kai Hirogashi
Mortal
posted 02 December 2015 06:55 AM EDT (US)     72 / 678       
The new expansion comes out when??

And is the editor the same....??

Is aom more popular now??

Should I come back to custom maps??

|MEMORY|
pBiggZ
Mortal
(id: P_J_B)
posted 02 December 2015 08:40 PM EDT (US)     73 / 678       
1: next year some time if im not mistaken.
2: Nobody knows, but if they break all my shit ill be real mad
3: Not especially, but we certainly had at least a limited revival after the steam release
4: Yes

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 02 December 2015 08:52 PM EDT (US)     74 / 678       
Kai! What up buddy , long time no see

Check out my YouTube
Zenophobia
Irrational Fear
posted 02 December 2015 09:39 PM EDT (US)     75 / 678       
make maps! more custom scenarios!

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 27  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames