You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.33 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Cinematic mode is automatically enabled?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Cinematic mode is automatically enabled?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
BreiterStorch
Mortal
posted 07 December 2018 12:45 PM EDT (US)         
Hello there,

in my newest scenario everytime I run the mission it automatically puts me in cinematic mode. I created a trigger that turns it off, however, it simply restarts the mission then 2 times before taking me back to the editor.
Strangely enough, I never created a trigger that activates cinematic mode.

Thanks in advance for possible fixes!

Best regards.
AuthorReplies:
WinterGod
Mortal
posted 07 December 2018 02:14 PM EDT (US)     1 / 33       
This used happen to me, back when I was using the Official Scenarios. Are you using those campaign scenarios as a base map by any chance?
BreiterStorch
Mortal
posted 07 December 2018 02:38 PM EDT (US)     2 / 33       
Na I used an autocreated version of Valley of Kings. However, it might be, that before I created it I went through some campaign missions in the editor. And I noticed, that sometimes it saves things from previously opened maps.

Any way to fix this? I put a hell lot of work in the scenario just to find out I can't really play it..
nottud
Mortal
posted 07 December 2018 04:24 PM EDT (US)     3 / 33       
Did you quit another scenario while in cinematic mode? Otherwise try restarting the game.
BreiterStorch
Mortal
posted 08 December 2018 04:51 AM EDT (US)     4 / 33       
I restarted the game like 10 times, it didn't help. And every other scenario is working for me perfectly fine.
nottud
Mortal
posted 08 December 2018 12:51 PM EDT (US)     5 / 33       
Check there is no such trigger in a different trigger group than "Ungrouped"?

Other thing I can possibly think of is check there is not a custom vc trigger file set.
BreiterStorch
Mortal
posted 08 December 2018 05:34 PM EDT (US)     6 / 33       
There is no trigger that could enable it and like I said, I even created a trigger that is disabling the cinematic mode, however, it then just keeps reloading the mission about 3 times before just taking me back to the editor without further notice.

Where can I find those custom vc trigger file sets?
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 08 December 2018 06:32 PM EDT (US)     7 / 33       
email me the scenario

aom.expert@heavengames.com

and what version of AoM is this for, vanilla, TT, EE?

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
BreiterStorch
Mortal
posted 09 December 2018 11:07 AM EDT (US)     8 / 33       
I sent you an email, the scenario is made on the Extended Edition.

Thanks for taking care of my problem!
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 10 December 2018 11:31 PM EDT (US)     9 / 33       
so this is crazy, was kind of a shot in the dark....

I have a hotkey that toggles between the editor and the game instantly, I figured using that at some point and then saving it from there might reset things. I started the game, let it fade from black and out of that mode, then went straight to editor and saved it from there (as a new file).

guess it worked.

I emailed you back the fixed file. you may just have to adjust some units, because I went straight into the editor after Set's animals spawned, so you may want to delete. you can remove the cinematic trigger at this point.

Seems like you were in fact working with the campaign scenarios. Look at the camera track list, I recognized those names as soon as I saw them because I've had a massive amount of exposure to those scenarios myself. Those are from the scenario "The Lost Relic". Now for some reason, some if not all of those scenarios have this weird fade in at the beginning, with all the ui missing. Usually you see it if you remove their cinematic intros and try to play them. Maybe you opened aomsp14.scn which is the Lost Relic scenario, and started designing your map from there (after deleting all the triggers)? Or maybe something else... either way, you had contact with that scenario and you may have not started completely fresh when it came to yours. it's an extremely rare issue, and only happens with a perfect series of events.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 12-10-2018 @ 11:35 PM).]

nottud
Mortal
posted 11 December 2018 07:28 AM EDT (US)     10 / 33       
Wow sounds horrible but impressive you found the fix.
BreiterStorch
Mortal
posted 11 December 2018 09:44 AM EDT (US)     11 / 33       
So the cinematic mode seems to be disabled now, thanks for that! However, a problem that still occurs is, that the scenario is restarting itself when I'm running it through the test option in the editor about 2-3 times, before just taking me back to the editor. I tried running it through multiplayer - then it just simply closes the game after about 5 seconds.

Seems like the whole scenario is just completely broken. I didn't edit the original campaign file but took a look at it before I started creating my own.
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 11 December 2018 12:43 PM EDT (US)     12 / 33       
apologies I did forget to mention that I was not having that issue on my end. no restarts for me. did wait at least a minute.

you said it happens in the first 5 seconds?

try loading it from the "load scenario" option from the main menu and see what happens or if you get a message, if you aren't getting one already.

something else you could try is go back to that campaign scenario the same way you opened it, playtest it, then quit after the cinematic and see if the other scenario fixes itself.

Check out my YouTube
BreiterStorch
Mortal
posted 12 December 2018 09:39 AM EDT (US)     13 / 33       
The weird thing is that every campaign mission I am playtesting is having the same exact issue. Seems to be an issue on my end. And since my scenario kind of got mixed up with the campaign one it seems like it also brought the same error with it.
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 12 December 2018 12:14 PM EDT (US)     14 / 33       
Does it happen in every single scenario you have or try to make?

since I'm not getting restarts it leads me to believe the problem can be fixed on your end by some simple playing around.

Go back to The Lost Relic mission. Is the restart happening on there as well? open it from both the the campaign list and the editor and see how the error occurs.

I do vaguely remember getting a camera track bug years ago where camera tracks were carried over to every scenario I opened, as it looks in your situation. Along with this bug came a couple of errors, and the restart may be connected to this.

Try this, open The Lost Relic scenario in the editor, go to the camera tracks and play them one by one without interruptions. Then delete them all. (obviously dont save the scenario like this) Go back to your scenario and see if that fixes it. If I recall correctly I did something similar to this to resolve my issue.

Check out my YouTube
BreiterStorch
Mortal
posted 12 December 2018 02:12 PM EDT (US)     15 / 33       
It is only happening when I'm playtesting scenarios from the campaign and the one in which you fixed the cinematic mode bug.

In the campaign scenario cases it is always playing the cinematic and then restarting the cinematic 2-3 times before putting me back into the editor.

I'll try your possible fix now.
It didn't work out, I still have the problem.

[This message has been edited by BreiterStorch (edited 12-14-2018 @ 09:10 AM).]

TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 16 December 2018 09:28 AM EDT (US)     16 / 33       
Well I could try some more theories I might have but at this point nothing is for certain and we could just be wasting more time. Maybe a reinstall is in order. Back up your stuff.

if you do reinstall, start with your original broken scenario file with the cinematic mode bug (if you still have it), instead of mine that I gave you, so it keeps everything consistent.

if you really don't feel like uninstalling i could do one last attempt and maybe send you the original campaign scenario files and see if that resets it.

Check out my YouTube

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 12-16-2018 @ 07:34 PM).]

nottud
Mortal
posted 17 December 2018 07:46 AM EDT (US)     17 / 33       
BreiterStorch: Out of curiosity and because I have some things that I could try could you email me your scenario so I can have a look too? I don't think it is a problem on your end but more likely a scenario flag that can't be seen from the editor that has been set.

Email me at sann3856 at gmail.com

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 12-17-2018 @ 07:48 AM).]

BreiterStorch
Mortal
posted 17 December 2018 08:41 AM EDT (US)     18 / 33       
I sent you an email. Don't forget I'm using the Extended Edition on Steam. And ty aswell!
nottud
Mortal
posted 17 December 2018 10:58 AM EDT (US)     19 / 33       
Ok I tried your Scenario from the editor as a playtest, from the singleplayer menu and in LAN and it worked fine every time. (Although some strange stuff happened in LAN - said thank you for for freeing us several times)

Other notes:
  • Avoid the visible to player condition - use units in LOS instead. Visible to player only fires for the player they are visible to which can lead to out of sync if it is a game changing effect. (Though rarely on some cases the fire only for current player is desirable - I occasionally use it for sound effects only if visible)
  • Armies with standard triggers don't work for computer players - an example is you used "Army is Dead" - instead use "Is Dead" and select your units. If you have my extra triggers that work for computer players online use them instead, similar with "Army is Alive". Others you used are Army Deploy, Army convert, etc. A workaround without extra triggers for deploying computer player units is deploy as a Player 0 army and then use Army convert to convert them to the player of your choice.
  • You win - not sure the behaviour on this with multiplayer - I tend to use Set Player Won and Set Player Defeated to trigger victory stuff.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 12-17-2018 @ 11:01 AM).]

• BreiterStorch
    Mortal
    posted 17 December 2018 12:00 PM EDT (US)     20 / 33       
    Thanks for all the useful tips! Really seems to be an issue on my end but no idea what specifically. I uploaded a video to show you the problem: https://youtu.be/W4apwV_KGqw
    (and yeah it's also the same without the editor mod)
    nottud
    Mortal
    posted 17 December 2018 04:44 PM EDT (US)     21 / 33       
    Wait why are you selecting the "build cinematic" option? Why are you not selecting the playtest option?
    TAG
    That AoM Guy
    posted 17 December 2018 05:03 PM EDT (US)     22 / 33       
    holy zeus it seriously can't be true...

I was lying to myself believing it could not have been this...

Check out my YouTube
    BreiterStorch
    Mortal
    posted 18 December 2018 09:15 AM EDT (US)     23 / 33       
    Oh god you're right. I've been using this option ever since but I also never used a cinematic mode trigger.^^
    However, it is still crashing when I'm opening it in Multiplayer.
    nottud
    Mortal
    posted 18 December 2018 03:00 PM EDT (US)     24 / 33       
    I've not tried with other players but the version you gave me was stable. However it had problematic triggers as I mentioned in my previous post. Try changing them via my suggestions and trying again.
    BreiterStorch
    Mortal
    posted 19 December 2018 09:18 AM EDT (US)     25 / 33       
    I already fixed all the triggers. Is there a way to see the crashlogs of AoM? Since it's just closing the game without any further notice.
    « Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames