You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.67 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » What aspect of the AoM editor are you most looking forward to?
Bottom
Topic Subject:What aspect of the AoM editor are you most looking forward to?
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Rasher
HG Alumnus
(id: Angel Rasher)
posted 14 September 2002 00:19 AM EDT (US)         
To be honest, I know next-to-nothing about the AoM editor... except that it is supposedly to be a huge step above and beyond the solid AoK editor. So, I pose the question:

What aspect of the AoM editor are you most looking forward to?

I'll do some research into the AoM editor, and I'll give you my answer tomorrow. In the meantime, what are you excited about in regards to the editor?

The Rasher
rasher@accesswave.com
[IMG]http://www.freeyellow.com/members6/therasher/Thomas.jpg[/IMG]
"You must succeed, to bring the Winds of Light into the age of darkness."
-Old Man, Magnus
AuthorReplies:
shelper
HG Alumnus
(id: Smileyshelper)
posted 15 September 2002 10:10 AM EDT (US)     26 / 67       
how could rasher have any influence on how the scenario editor looks?

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.
Wok
Mortal
posted 15 September 2002 10:25 AM EDT (US)     27 / 67       
He could be the head of ES in disguise...

Wok?
Rasher
HG Alumnus
(id: Angel Rasher)
posted 15 September 2002 11:57 AM EDT (US)     28 / 67       
Unfortunately, I have no control over the scenario editor, or any aspect of AoM whatsoever. I do not work for ES, nor am I affiliated with them in any way... i simply work for HeavenGames, a company devoted to making fan sites for top-quality games such as AoM.

At least, that's what I understood your question to mean...

The Rasher
rasher@accesswave.com
[IMG]http://www.freeyellow.com/members6/therasher/Thomas.jpg[/IMG]
"You must succeed, to bring the Winds of Light into the age of darkness."
-Old Man, Magnus
Yehoshua Yisrael
Mortal
posted 15 September 2002 12:02 PM EDT (US)     29 / 67       
Your right Wok, Rasher secretly infiltrated HG years ago to prepare the way for AOM and its editor. For those many years he has been spreading his seeds of hatred for the old AOk editor. Now finally his true self is revealed before us!!

No seriously, Rasher and others on occasions have the designer's ears. *Displays a pair of designer's ears*

|Yehoshua Yisraél|152711297|
|Hashém yevarékhet Yisraél|
|SCN Punk| |SWGB Punk|AoM Punk|
|The Color of Justice|Previous Accomplishments|
Enrique Orduno
Banned
posted 15 September 2002 12:16 PM EDT (US)     30 / 67       
I r can't say anything about the editor due to the silly NDA =(

But, it's god damn amazing, btw I wrote some stuff on editor/ai/rms at AoM Punk:
http://www.scnpunk.com/aompunk/game.php

[This message has been edited by Enrique Orduno (edited 09-15-2002 @ 12:17 PM).]

phantom_rider
Mortal
(id: phantom_rider2)
posted 15 September 2002 12:29 PM EDT (US)     31 / 67       
Day/night, Mythological Units, new terrain types, rotation, weather effects, and most importantly, LESS BUGS THEN MY AOK EDITOR!

there, I have said my peace

Yehoshua Yisrael
Mortal
posted 15 September 2002 01:01 PM EDT (US)     32 / 67       
Your not the only one looking forward to the new editor and its abilities .

Life L33ch
Mortal
posted 15 September 2002 01:28 PM EDT (US)     33 / 67       
I just hope that is really different yet in a way the same to the AOK editor...know what I mean? I mean, that I hope it has the same easiness to the AOK editor, yet the AOK editor was very simple, so it did not allow much flexibility on the other hand. While the EE editor was great IMHO, it was very hard to figure out, and it took some time to getting used to. I wish they could just put both of them together, yet keeping it different, and not copying the same way other editors are, cause that would be just stealing ideas . I hope they use a interface sort of like EE's because when placing an area down, you could use this same area instead of just making another one, which was the case in AOK, so for example, if you had to return to a man who gave you directions, just use the same area all the times. Yet, AOK's editor used the activate trigger and deactivate trigger, which was much more simple than in EE, which I never got.Now thats for the interface.

The terrain can have strong abilities on the editor. My hopes are that it can use the color change of terrain, like in EE, so that it could look either like space, or blood and gore. Now as for the terrain elevation, I heard that you could make a 90 degree slope, or anything you want, for the matter, which I find rather interesting. If you could effect the water as well, it would be awesome, since it would look like waves...imagine. Also,they would make nice sand dunes, and the sort. Now as for the beautify feature, I know it has been said before, but now we will (hopefully) never see a 1 in mapdesign for any scenario. This feature will be something very new and great. All I hope is that you can choose the ambient of terrain beatufy, so for example, if you wanted to beautify a Wasteland, you could choose from a drop down box, or if you wanted to beautify a forest, well you chose the forest to beautify in a drop down box. I think it would be really, really nice if we could add our own type of beautify feature, so for example, if you can't find the beautify feauture, you make your own. This could even make a whole new type of downloads in the downloads section! The only thing left is to hope that making water on elevation is easy, and maybe making waterfalls is possible(which I am pretty sure it is).

Now for triggers. Triggers are half of what make a scenario. I think I won't need to say much here. I really hope they include most of EE's triggers, plus a hit ratio trigger, so that units hit a % amount of time. We are all hoping for armor change, since that wasn't possible in AOK, but in EE it was.One thing I am really hoping for is a trigger that changes terrain on the floor, so that one moment its dirt, the next it's grass. I hope they don't make making triggers annoying and confusing.

Units...The possibilities for Gaia units are never ending. It would make a nice addition to include an impassable tile.

Introscreens. This could be really nice if you could add your own theme for an intro screen. So,if you wanted to make a dragon intro screen, you could choose have a sepearate program included in AOM which makes it.And bitmaps, it would be nice if the color problem didn't occur. And as for the types of text you can read, it would be nice to be able to change things like hints in the middle of the game, like EE, yet being able to make the Text dissapear, like in AOK.It would be really nice if instead of a bitmap, you could record a small cinematic, and keep it as an intro picture, so its not a picture, but a movie of sorts. It could show a map, and maybe start making little lines appear, to show you where to go.

I hope everything here was understanble... This has been the longest reply I have ever made. Anyways, if the AOM editor includes all these aspects, I would probaly faint of amazement.

Life L33ch
Proud Member of DGDN
The Sphere of Elements: 3% Complete
Alexandergreat3
Mortal
posted 15 September 2002 06:21 PM EDT (US)     34 / 67       
I'm excited about pretty much everything about the AoM Editor , and especially about the in-game cinematics. They seem to be so cool!

Enrique, you've seen the AoM editor already?!

Enrique Orduno
Banned
posted 15 September 2002 06:25 PM EDT (US)     35 / 67       
Short answer:Yes
Long answer:Yes, but not fully working.
Super Monkey
Mortal
posted 15 September 2002 08:13 PM EDT (US)     36 / 67       
If they could make the editor like Warcraft 3, then that would open up so many possibilities for scenarios and such. I was amazed by the abilities of the Warcraft editor, it's very powerful. You can control many many things to get the map just how you want it. Warcraft 3 World Editor = Superb, easy, great. I hope to see something similar in the AoM editor.

Best sig of them all...
Aetius
HG Alumnus
(id: Flavius Aetius)
posted 16 September 2002 05:16 PM EDT (US)     37 / 67       
I'm most looking forward to the power of the editor. The editor will be capable of doing so many more things than the Age of Kings Editor could. It's going to be awesome!

<--Aetius-->
<--Ex Angel-->
<--eX Clan - Support HG-->
<--ESO: eX_Aetius-->
theferret
A girl dammit!
posted 16 September 2002 05:37 PM EDT (US)     38 / 67       
EO, WHERE did you see it?

Official OD Fantasy Football Champion
Official OD Rock-Paper-Scissors Champion
Official Champion of Gender-Confused Forumers Everywhere
"ferret has a well-known reputation for trickery and deception"
Enrique Orduno
Banned
posted 16 September 2002 06:01 PM EDT (US)     39 / 67       
In the alpha ?
theferret
A girl dammit!
posted 16 September 2002 06:08 PM EDT (US)     40 / 67       
Ah... so basically you hacked into the game, or just saw the scripts?

Enrique Orduno
Banned
posted 16 September 2002 06:47 PM EDT (US)     41 / 67       
Hacking is a big word, nah, quite an easy thing to do which involves 0 hacking skills and 0 editing(well beside plain-text editing to a file you are allowed to create)...I'll give tuts on that when game comes out since it's quite powerful and easy.
CheeZy_monkey0
Mortal
posted 16 September 2002 07:02 PM EDT (US)     42 / 67       
I'd call it "messing around till you find something that works" rather than editing

[This message has been edited by CheeZy_monkey0 (edited 09-16-2002 @ 07:04 PM).]

Yehoshua Yisrael
Mortal
posted 16 September 2002 08:02 PM EDT (US)     43 / 67       
I hope they release a full and detailed trigger list soon.

phantom_rider
Mortal
(id: phantom_rider2)
posted 16 September 2002 08:04 PM EDT (US)     44 / 67       

Quote:

I hope they release a full and detailed trigger list soon.

don't we all....

Enrique Orduno
Banned
posted 16 September 2002 09:19 PM EDT (US)     45 / 67       
*kix cheezy*

It's not pure random...there's some thought put into it

Moony
Mortal
posted 17 September 2002 06:43 PM EDT (US)     46 / 67       

Quote:

quite an easy thing to do which involves 0 hacking skills and 0 editing(well beside plain-text editing to a file you are allowed to create)...I'll give tuts on that when game comes out since it's quite powerful and easy.

Interesting.......

My sig version 2.3!
Recipient of the Age of Mythology Multiplayer Test
Templar of FPH Clan
Devotee to the Norse
Uber-atheist
Obsessive compulsive perfectionist

CheeZy_monkey0
Mortal
posted 17 September 2002 07:10 PM EDT (US)     47 / 67       
And it's true too,

I don't know why other people haven't found it out, though the stuff that EO does is far more advanced than what i could do...

Enrique Orduno
Banned
posted 19 September 2002 08:46 PM EDT (US)     48 / 67       
Because no one could think about it besides me

I'm just too unique and special

Night Conqueror
Mortal
posted 19 September 2002 10:03 PM EDT (US)     49 / 67       
*Slaps EO*

Night Conqueror
theferret
A girl dammit!
posted 19 September 2002 10:21 PM EDT (US)     50 / 67       
So shall we call you 'Unique Orduno' instead?

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames