You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.101 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » New Unit Mod Suggestions
Bottom
Topic Subject:New Unit Mod Suggestions
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Kronos29
Mortal
posted 22 July 2006 08:06 AM EDT (US)         
If you have a suggestion for a new unit let it be heard. Post your suggestions here and maybe a unit modder will make the mod. Me, im suggesting a centaur swordsman.What about you?
AuthorReplies:
jml
Mortal
posted 22 July 2006 08:46 AM EDT (US)     1 / 101       
Circe! She looks so ugly, she could be such a hero for a story. But almost impossible to use her in cine ( no special skin ) and one very poor animation.
For Vanilla if possible...
papaya
ಠ_ಠ
(id: X_MOSS)
posted 22 July 2006 11:09 AM EDT (US)     2 / 101       
*moves*

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.
PharaohZ
Mortal
posted 23 July 2006 06:30 AM EDT (US)     3 / 101       
Perhaps a walking, fighting skeleton.

I know there's minions but they're to small and they look squashed.

PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 23 July 2006 01:26 PM EDT (US)     4 / 101       
Ooh! Ooh! I'll do the centaur swordsman!

I've mapped out my two ideas here. It's a Wemic and a Basilisk (pictures and attack information can be found inside the link).

Edit: A skeleton would be really hard...so many transparencies...wow. Unless it'd be ok just to make a good texture for a villager. That, I can do. I can't model though.

Thanks,

Bob

[This message has been edited by PrplPplEater (edited 07-23-2006 @ 01:28 PM).]

PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 27 July 2006 03:14 AM EDT (US)     5 / 101       
Our design team has taken up the centaur swordsman, and many other projects that I can't name here. Look for a thread in about a month or two.
PharaohZ
Mortal
posted 28 July 2006 08:54 AM EDT (US)     6 / 101       
Perhaps someone could model a hoplite with a Fanatic sword. Like the soldiers with swords you see in the AOM intro. I reckon it would look pretty cool the cinematic model. (It be better then Murmillos and Hypaspists in my opinion)

To late I've already made it!

[This message has been edited by PharaohZ (edited 08-10-2006 @ 05:25 AM).]

Kronos29
Mortal
posted 29 July 2006 08:24 AM EDT (US)     7 / 101       
You have taken the Centaur Swordsman? THANK YOU I ALWAYS WANTED ONE. COOL! Maybe you can make a centaur king, a centaur villager and many other centaurs
gadunz
Mortal
posted 29 July 2006 10:04 AM EDT (US)     8 / 101       
An entire centaur civ ,the twist being they have human/amazonian/elven? archers. Start studying your ancient Scythian/central asian mythologies, people

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 29 July 2006 11:30 AM EDT (US)     9 / 101       
Hey Kronos. I can't really say this...but we kinda are

I can't say anymore and I've already given too much away! Visit the "New Design Team" Link in my signature.

Bingo Little
Mortal
(id: Medusasson)
posted 29 July 2006 12:07 PM EDT (US)     10 / 101       
I thiikn someone ought to make a griffin - leap attavck like an anubitee, it walks though ,but when it leaps it flaps it's wings.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 29 July 2006 12:54 PM EDT (US)     11 / 101       
I was thinking griffin but it'd be very hard to do. Maybe I'll take it to Purple Puppy, our incredible modeler.
gadunz
Mortal
posted 29 July 2006 01:06 PM EDT (US)     12 / 101       
Gryphon- winged lion with eagles (shrunken Ra's) head & talons. Make Kronny into a fighting unit, either ranged eg flying archer or unranged (must swoop to kill)

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
Kronos29
Mortal
posted 05 August 2006 03:57 AM EDT (US)     13 / 101       
Sorry for not visiting the forums for a while. My internet connection got broken. Anyway, what do you mean purple people eater? So, will someone make the centaur civ mod?
gadunz
Mortal
posted 05 August 2006 06:22 AM EDT (US)     14 / 101       
Yeah, you. I think PPes doing Trojans.

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
Fluttershy
Mortal
(id: Freaky2)
posted 05 August 2006 09:41 AM EDT (US)     15 / 101       
Heres a site that has a bunch of information on mythical creatures. Just go to the Alphabetical Index off the Main page

(_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̅marij̲u̲̅an̲̅a̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅()
(is not as helluva drug as pepe)
PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 05 August 2006 09:03 PM EDT (US)     16 / 101       
Ok one of our Modelers, Gangsta4Lyfe, took up the project. It looks ok: Wireframe, Colored parts 1, Colored parts 2.

Anyone like it? =/

SoLHelper001
Mortal
posted 12 August 2006 01:38 AM EDT (US)     17 / 101       
I've got an idea, but it's bit of a stretch. Take a centaur body, the top body of a fire giant, and the head of a lion. Put the fire giant body where the human part of the centaur would be, and rplace the head with the lion. Make it connect(the big stretch) and make it all the texture of the fire giant. Link it with fire all over it's body and make the fire ball of the giant with a little more flame.

I call it a heliopath. What do you think?

Silent_Bobcat
Mortal
posted 12 August 2006 04:11 AM EDT (US)     18 / 101       
I have a few ideas id like to see happen: Firstly, i would like to see a really cool vampire mod, cause vampires are awesome . Secondly, i would like some 1 to put sp3cter's idea of a japanese civilization into action. His outline is so fantastic, it sounds like an awesome civ! u can find it here: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=3573
Id really like some 1 to at least think about these ideas, they're great ideas. If u can make a mod out of one of my suggestions, it would be awesome.

The cat stalks it's prey, waiting to pounce. It's target: n00b forumers!!

[This message has been edited by Silent_Bobcat (edited 08-12-2006 @ 04:12 AM).]

gadunz
Mortal
posted 12 August 2006 06:06 AM EDT (US)     19 / 101       
Skystriders making vampires & wereewolves for his Slavic civ

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 12 August 2006 09:15 AM EDT (US)     20 / 101       
I can't tell you specifically what we're working on, but I can tell you that all of you are going to love it.

A few more weeks!

gadunz
Mortal
posted 12 August 2006 03:30 PM EDT (US)     21 / 101       
Since youre apparently making mesoamerican Mayan/aztecs you should have twice the amount of mus to compensate for theb lack of cav

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 12 August 2006 06:04 PM EDT (US)     22 / 101       
We've been working a little on our Aztec civilization (ideas from Fenrir), but that's not our main project. Our main project should be out within a month, depending on the vacations of our animators.
Brickman144
Mortal
posted 15 August 2006 02:18 PM EDT (US)     23 / 101       
I would like to see:

A basilisk (Maybe take madusas special and an enlarged serpant?)

Dwarven civ.(maybe just a dwarven god that changes some of the norse stuff and uses all dwarves)

A normal dragon (one head but not as powerful as the nidhogg)

Merpeople (maybe a complete civ.)

something like a moleperson or giant snake (basilisk?) that can burrow underground

a tiger person

giant spiders(arachne)

whirl pool like in the odyessy(possibley able to control)

a midievil civ (english units and myths)

Elves (maybe with the english?)

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, so that whoever believes in him will not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16
A large group of professionals built the Titanic and a lone amateur built the ark. Dave Barry
Proud moderator of Elemental Kinetics
My Pictures

[This message has been edited by Brickman144 (edited 08-15-2006 @ 06:04 PM).]

PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 16 August 2006 00:13 AM EDT (US)     24 / 101       
A Basilisk has been on my list from the beginning. My ideas are laid out here. I'm glad someone else had the idea

A Dwarven civilization has been done a couple times. Try the AoMH downloads section.

PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 16 August 2006 00:27 AM EDT (US)     25 / 101       
Nevermind, that's a private forum. Here's my layout:

• The Basilisk (click for a photo)
    • Part chicken, part snake, part hawk, this strange mythological creature slithers, pecks and flies short distances (but the flying part won't be included )
    • The most characteristic feature of the basilisk is its ability to kill at a distance, either with venom or a glance. The spitting would be the regular attack, which won't even need to be created. The animation is already defined in the Wadjet anim . The killing at a glance would be the pre-defined Medusa special attack: turning units to stone.

My other idea, the Wemic, is already in action. Take the other ideas to our design team. They'd be willing to take any of them up, considering how little there is to do if you're not a modeler or an animator.

[This message has been edited by PrplPplEater (edited 08-16-2006 @ 00:27 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames