You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.101 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » New Unit Mod Suggestions
Bottom
Topic Subject:New Unit Mod Suggestions
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
Kronos29
Mortal
posted 22 July 2006 08:06 AM EDT (US)         
If you have a suggestion for a new unit let it be heard. Post your suggestions here and maybe a unit modder will make the mod. Me, im suggesting a centaur swordsman.What about you?
AuthorReplies:
Brickman144
Mortal
posted 16 August 2006 09:54 AM EDT (US)     26 / 101       
ur thinking of a cockatrice, ppe, they are always confused with each other becuase they have the same attacks. a basilisk is usually a snake-like lizard, sometimes with legs that can kill or turn people into stone with a glance or with their spit. this actually wouldn't be that hard of a mod. just a serpant with the spitting attack and medusa's special

how about a unicorn or maybe some faeries? think bestiary

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, so that whoever believes in him will not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16
A large group of professionals built the Titanic and a lone amateur built the ark. Dave Barry
Proud moderator of Elemental Kinetics
My Pictures

[This message has been edited by Brickman144 (edited 08-16-2006 @ 09:56 AM).]

Magnum Pi
Mortal
posted 16 August 2006 09:25 PM EDT (US)     27 / 101       
I myself would like to create a cannon unit, but since I'm weak with anim editing, and clueless about texturing, modelling, and SFX's I'll just have to wait for porsche_908's mod to come out. Any word on its progress? (Meant in a freindly anticipating way, not an impacient, pushy way.)

Right now I'm trying to think of a new unit for the Norse. I've already added my own unit for the Greeks (Stratiotai, a historical heavy greek cavalry, taken from RoN), Atties (Mangonel, a catapult the fires many small projectiles at a shorter range but with good area attack, borrowed from AoK ) and the Egyptians (Halberdier, and expensive counter-cavarly infantry with a large attack, but low hitpoints, adopted from AoE3). But I'm desperately in need of a new Norse unit, preferably one that would have a unique quality and be easy to form its anim file. Any good ideas?

gadunz
Mortal
posted 16 August 2006 10:53 PM EDT (US)     28 / 101       
Mounted throwing axeman. Elf archer mu

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 16 August 2006 11:33 PM EDT (US)     29 / 101       
@ Magnum PI

In the making....

Latest shot: [JPEG, (206.72 KB)]

EDIT:

Sorry about that, Brick. I found the Basilisk and made that photo from what I read.

As for the Norse unit, I really want to see a flying unit other than the Nidhogg. It's the only thing I really hated about the Norse. Their only real flying unit is Odin's crap ravens, which can't do anything anyway, other than scout.

[This message has been edited by PrplPplEater (edited 08-16-2006 @ 11:36 PM).]

gadunz
Mortal
posted 17 August 2006 00:08 AM EDT (US)     30 / 101       
In Norse mythology ,Valks flew down from Asgard to retrieve warriors souls. Therefore in AoM they shouldve been like a bunch of Reginliefs riding flying pegasi & throwing javwelins. The Norse healer shouldve been a seer/priest. 2 flying mus Ive planned for a Celtic civ (but I cant mod so you may as well consider them)-1 Wyvern ,two legged fireiess dragon ,must swoop to kill,( remarkably accurate ancient interpretation of pterodactyl fossils) & - 2 Gargoyle, made of stone so cant fly despite having wings. but can leap tall buildings in a single bound & also impervious to Perseus & medusas special attacks

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 17 August 2006 01:48 AM EDT (US)     31 / 101       
Oh of course, because AoM is so accurate to actual mythological stories. Especially with their incredibly accurate Gold Statue carrying a 10 ton sword of solid gold. Right. [/sarcasm]
gadunz
Mortal
posted 17 August 2006 03:57 AM EDT (US)     32 / 101       
Sorry, I meant Valhalla not Asgard. Colossi were actually in Greek mythology. Your sarcasms wasted coz its apparently aimed at ES who disregard this forum ,even if they do read it, otherwise theyd probably be promising xpacks of more civs, the biggest problem with this game

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
Magnum Pi
Mortal
posted 17 August 2006 09:56 AM EDT (US)     33 / 101       

Quote:

As for the Norse unit, I really want to see a flying unit other than the Nidhogg. It's the only thing I really hated about the Norse. Their only real flying unit is Odin's crap ravens, which can't do anything anyway, other than scout.

That's a good idea. I'll definately try to consider that. I'm not sure how I'd form the anim, but I'd still love to try.

The mounted TA also sounded appealing. Maybe he'll have the base anim of a jarl, but have a body that looks more like a TA.

Thanks guys, you've given me some good suggestions . (Glad to hear about the cannon mod, btw, I can't wait!)

PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 17 August 2006 02:30 PM EDT (US)     34 / 101       
The cannon looks great! But, it hasn't been talked about for a week. I'm beginning to think it was dropped. I'd be happy to finish it off though! I'll go talk to Purple Puppy/porche_908.

I would love to see a Norse flyer, but there were none in Norse mythology. All my mods for some reason have to be true to mythology (even the cannon was around in the late 'Mythic Age' equivilant). I'm just picky like that :P

I don't care if my sarcasm was 'wasted' because ES will never read this. Of course they won't. They've ignored thousands of emails requesting an AoM II. Guess what? No AoM II!

I wasn't talking about Colossi. I was talking about that giant Anubus Statue that never actually existed in writting.

gadunz
Mortal
posted 17 August 2006 09:32 PM EDT (US)     35 / 101       
But gold-plated granite statues of Anubis , other gods & pharoahs exusted (& still do without the gold-plate ,which has been stolen over the millenia). As for activating one in a game, its called artistic license, ie its a GAME. And Im impressed you can read heiroglyphics. Chill. No malice intended

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 17 August 2006 10:43 PM EDT (US)     36 / 101       
[ /sarcasm]

[This message has been edited by PrplPplEater (edited 08-17-2006 @ 10:44 PM).]

Grim Tuesday
Mortal
posted 18 August 2006 09:35 AM EDT (US)     37 / 101       
Whops wrong thing!

BEFORE YOU TELL ME ANYTHING INTERESTING I AM ON A VANILLA MAC, MACS ROCK!! PC'S GET VIRUSES
On the first day there was mystery
On the second day there was darekness
On the third day there were pirates
On the fourth day there was war
Currentlly Designing: Ragnarok Prologue: Triggers 0% map design 1% Cinematics 20 %

[This message has been edited by Grim Tuesday (edited 08-18-2006 @ 09:35 AM).]

Magnum Pi
Mortal
posted 21 August 2006 10:40 PM EDT (US)     38 / 101       

Quote:

The cannon looks great! But, it hasn't been talked about for a week. I'm beginning to think it was dropped. I'd be happy to finish it off though! I'll go talk to Purple Puppy/porche_908.

That's good, this cannon mod is the only one I can think of that I've ever been so eager about (btw, will there be a new cannon ball projectile unit and/or a new gunpoder smoke SFX that will be used?) I'd like to help, but I'm good only good with proto/techtree, not textures/models/anim etc. And I think that is the stuff that is needed.

Quote:

I would love to see a Norse flyer, but there were none in Norse mythology. All my mods for some reason have to be true to mythology (even the cannon was around in the late 'Mythic Age' equivilant). I'm just picky like that :P

Yeah, me too. I just can't enjoy the game as much knowing that one of the units in it is some randomly conjured unit that I dreamed up one day after hitting my head on rock. Even if they aren't exactly suiting, they need to have atleast some historical or mythical basis (e.g. the Halberdier, Stratiotai, and Mangonel). So I guess that rules out a Norse Flier .

I'd like to add, for the Norse, the Stone Giant, that was originally supposed to be in the game, but was converted into the frost giant eventually. I remember a thread a while back that someone was already going to do this, but I haven't heard anything since, so it might have been dropped. And I'm working my way, slowly but surely, to improving my texturing, modeling, and anim abilities.

[This message has been edited by Magnum Pi (edited 08-21-2006 @ 10:41 PM).]

proboscidea
Mortal
posted 22 August 2006 06:12 PM EDT (US)     39 / 101       
you guys have the stupidest ideas. how old are you guys anyways. ten? what the heck is elf mu? that's lame! here's some things i made that's up and running. i'll be able to send them out as long as people are interested.

i created following and i need your opinions on it before sending them out for downloads. some are mods w/ sounds and new models, some are campaigns, and some are mods with campaigns:

Plutonium Dome pack:
Comes with a campaign... it's similar to the metal gear solid game. A titan similar to metal gear ray is in but it's called the plutonium dome instead. cooper replaces solid snake. and there are weird characters like in a metal gear games. this pack contains cooper, atlanta, the plume, the queen, the tempest, the fate, the plague, the quasar, succubus, the curse, soldiers, and plutonium dome. cooper and atlanta can switch to using M9s, as tranquilizer gun, which puts people to sleep.

Crash Bandicoot civils.:
With crash, coco, ripper roo, dingodile, tiny, komodo brothers, and aku aku in one civil. cortex, gin, tropy, papupapu, oxide, brio, and uka uka in another. the bad guy's miltary units are cortex's robot(different kinds) and the mini crashes. the good guy military units are pura, polar, baby-t, and penta penguin.

Raft Race Campaign:
its the monkey rafts used to race. its similar to the mario kart and crash team racing games but on water.

Atalanta Campaign:
Based exactly on the atalanta section of greek myths. Part1: The Abandonment... Atalanta is a baby and is abandonned because she isn't a guy. She is raised by a bear and her pet donkey(not part of greek myths).
Part2: The Calydonian Boar Hunt... You will go on and do the quests and stuff other heroes did like the Labors of Heracles and you'll face the Calydonian Boar at the end.
Part3: The Great Race...Atalanta will only marry the person that beats her in a race. Atalanta can't lose to anyone. Then it is switched over to Melanion who has to beat Atalanta using 3 golden apples from Aphrodite.
Part4: The Golden Lions...Zeus, angered at the couple in the temple doing stuff turned them into lions. Then its just a bunch of surviving stuff until Melanion dies.
Part5: Phaliranxus...Thousands of years later when Phaliranxus is born from Zeus and Leto, he heard about Atalanta and turns her back. They becomes friend and then couples. Ares gets all angry at Phal. and makes him mortal. Then you have to stop Ares.

Bone pack:
it comes with lots of campaigns (one for every book of the Boneville series by Jeff Smith) and the following characters: Fone Bone, Phoney Bone, Smiley Bone, Thorn, Gran'ma Ben, Lucius Down, Bartleby, Briar, Kingdok, The Dragon, Ted, and rat creatures.

That's the five things i made. Tell me what you're interested in. I'm making a Ratchet&Clank pack based on r&c 1,2,3, and Deadlocked. I'm also making the Spyro the Dragon Trilogy pack.

Magnum Pi
Mortal
posted 22 August 2006 09:52 PM EDT (US)     40 / 101       
Do you really think anyone's going to praise your ideas after you just insulted us "ten year olds"?! Show some more consideration next time.
AlmightyAjax
Mortal
posted 22 August 2006 10:00 PM EDT (US)     41 / 101       
Someone should make a lepracahun, and if you spot him he gives you gold.
PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 23 August 2006 00:57 AM EDT (US)     42 / 101       
LOL Pepsi did one once, I think it was his first. Anyway, I could try to figure something out that gives you gold when you're in LoS haha...
Alex
(VIP) Reverie World Studios
(id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
posted 23 August 2006 01:19 AM EDT (US)     43 / 101       
Ya. I made a better Leprechaun since then too.
If you want to try out that gold thing, I can send it to you. If I still have it.

I'm currently working on a totally uber and top secret mod.

Neko Magi
Mortal
posted 23 August 2006 01:31 AM EDT (US)     44 / 101       
I think I know your "totally uber and top secret mod" although I am probably wrong. Anyway, I don't think an elf mod would be bad... Depending on what elf it is... Santa elves would be... weird... Now Elven would be cool. They'd probaly specilize in rangeing...
Alex
posted 23 August 2006 01:42 AM EDT (US)     45 / 101       
What do you think my mod is?

Neko Magi
Mortal
posted 23 August 2006 01:46 AM EDT (US)     46 / 101       
Is it the star wars thing? I remember you mentioning something about that in another thread.

Quote:

Looks great.
I'll get that one mod done today.

In the star wars thread. Anyway, we're off topic lol.

Alex
posted 23 August 2006 02:11 AM EDT (US)     47 / 101       
Well, I'm doing that but that's not my big mod project. I'm just doing some textures and stuff for Star Wars.

Neko Magi
Mortal
posted 23 August 2006 02:12 AM EDT (US)     48 / 101       
Oh I see. Well, I can't wait to see this totally uper top secret new mod then. Did you ever finish your Dath Sirius mod series? Well, e-mail me the answer so we're not off topic anymore.
gadunz
Mortal
posted 23 August 2006 05:17 AM EDT (US)     49 / 101       
Proboscis,(or whatever your bignosed name is) mu= myth unit.My suggestion for elf archer mus comes from LOTR & Tolkien based his directly on Norse mythology & he was more qualified & knowledgeable in such matters than you'll ever be. Gee, I hope don't still sound like a 10 yr old

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
AlmightyAjax
Mortal
posted 23 August 2006 09:07 AM EDT (US)     50 / 101       
DUDE YES, i want a leprachan, but dont give it to me in exe form, just give me all the parts and i will install it myself, email a zip to crazyguyd55@yahoo.com
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames