You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.101 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » New Unit Mod Suggestions
Bottom
Topic Subject:New Unit Mod Suggestions
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
Kronos29
Mortal
posted 22 July 2006 08:06 AM EDT (US)         
If you have a suggestion for a new unit let it be heard. Post your suggestions here and maybe a unit modder will make the mod. Me, im suggesting a centaur swordsman.What about you?
AuthorReplies:
fatookit
Mortal
posted 23 August 2006 10:52 AM EDT (US)     51 / 101       
Maybe a Horse Archer for Norse is good.
-They lack of Archery Units
-Norse is a cool Raiding Culture
Chariot Archer + Raiding Cavalry = Ranger + Chariot Lancer
Sorry, I am not good at modeling and texturing.
PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 23 August 2006 02:29 PM EDT (US)     52 / 101       
Hey Pepsi, you wouldn't mind if I fiddled around with that leprechaun of yours would you? It's only for Almighty man over here. If you want I can release it but I don't know if anyone else would want it :P
Alex
(VIP) Reverie World Studios
(id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
posted 23 August 2006 03:06 PM EDT (US)     53 / 101       
I'll email that mod to you tomorrow.
Though, I'm afraid I lost the in-game texture.

[This message has been edited by Cherub Alex (edited 08-24-2006 @ 01:39 AM).]

AlmightyAjax
Mortal
posted 23 August 2006 03:31 PM EDT (US)     54 / 101       
I know how to make it give me gold if i see it, all i need is the protox, the textures, and sounds(if any).

edit: BTW i would really like to make my own unit, i have tried guides, i read just about every forum, and i still get really mixed up when it comes to editing the stuff in gmax, is there anyone out there willing to help me out here, someone who maybe has AIM, and could help me with a little bit of step by step stuff?? JUST MAYBE PLEASE

[This message has been edited by AlmightyAjax (edited 08-23-2006 @ 03:41 PM).]

Magnum Pi
Mortal
posted 23 August 2006 06:47 PM EDT (US)     55 / 101       

Quote:

edit: BTW i would really like to make my own unit, i have tried guides, i read just about every forum, and i still get really mixed up when it comes to editing the stuff in gmax, is there anyone out there willing to help me out here, someone who maybe has AIM, and could help me with a little bit of step by step stuff?? JUST MAYBE PLEASE

Do, you mean you have trouble with texturing/modelling? If so, then I'm in exactly the same league. I haven't found any good, newbie oriented guides out there on how to create and use your own texture. (Same with models, too.)

AlmightyAjax
Mortal
posted 23 August 2006 07:03 PM EDT (US)     56 / 101       
i wanna be able to make a unit, ex:I would like to make a castle that looks different form fortress, something outta the mid evil times, big spiral towers n pointy roof tops and such, i wanna make this unit, design its 3d model, create the texture, set the animations, code the protox, i want the whole shebang(not really just an example)but you get the idea, i wanna do what ES did, create all the units they wanted
gadunz
Mortal
posted 23 August 2006 07:54 PM EDT (US)     57 / 101       
AoM is polytheistic. Medieval Europe was monotheistic, therefore those fancy castles belong in AoE not AoM. Choose a polytheistic civ with fancy/ornate castles eg Hindus (Taj Mahal, Angkor Wat which I know are mausoleums/tenples ,but are architectural starting points)

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
AlmightyAjax
Mortal
posted 23 August 2006 07:59 PM EDT (US)     58 / 101       
i said that was an example i wasn't really planning on making it, and even if i did WHO CARES, did Lazar bears exist in mythological times NO, neither did Canada and its wearing a Canadian flag, sometimes i wonder why people take this game so seriously, all i was saying was i want to make my own units
Brickman144
Mortal
posted 23 August 2006 09:09 PM EDT (US)     59 / 101       
I think elves would be great. They wouldn't be the "Ten-year old" shoe makeing elves, they wood be those archer elves with unemptyable quiver of magical arrows.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, so that whoever believes in him will not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16
A large group of professionals built the Titanic and a lone amateur built the ark. Dave Barry
Proud moderator of Elemental Kinetics
My Pictures
PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 23 August 2006 10:49 PM EDT (US)     60 / 101       
For all of you seeking to learn, Stephen Cain's guide is what I learned from, and the rest is from my own coding experience. Texturing comes from my long-time addiction to photoshopping photos, so that came naturally. Just give it a shot. It's all in there. The only thing you can't learn about is modeling.

If you need any more help, PDS is more than willing to teach you.

gadunz
Mortal
posted 23 August 2006 10:53 PM EDT (US)     61 / 101       
Ajax, pagan Russian onion dome castles? Just before they adopted greek orthodox christianity.Itll mean researching their mythology & civ as distinct from Norse & Skystriders Slavs. Brickman, that was my original suggestion before Probiscis decided to insult us

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
AlmightyAjax
Mortal
posted 24 August 2006 06:44 AM EDT (US)     62 / 101       
OK well you obviously are missing my pointy, the big fancy castles, THAT WAS JUST AN EXAMPL, I DONT WANT TO MAKE IT, I WANNA MAKE A NEW UNIT JUST A SEPARATE UNIT FROM WHAT ANYONE ELSE HAS MADE.
gadunz
Mortal
posted 24 August 2006 07:31 AM EDT (US)     63 / 101       
For my paper design of a Celtic civ, apart from the aforemantioned elf archer, gargoyle & wyvern, there is also banshee (wraith-like hag, depresses enemies with horrendous shrieking),Battle Bulls, Dullahan(Irish headless horseman-whips victims eyes out), Cur Sith (huge green dog-eats people),Cairngorm Giant (Scottish yeti), Green Knight (celtic equivalent of Dryads, except armoured ,armed with a leafy lance & mounted on a huge draughthorse). As for unique human units- claymore piper (like Einjhar, plays bagpipes to boost morale until he can hit enemy with a 2 handed claymore sword),Cur chief (cav lancer accompanied by 2 Irish wolfhounds),carpenton (2 horse chariot javelineer).I also have an entire celtic civ on paper (gods, god powers & 12 named heroes)but I cant mod,just research, so itll probably remain a pipe dream.Ajax, use any of the above suggestions

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
AlmightyAjax
Mortal
posted 24 August 2006 08:29 AM EDT (US)     64 / 101       
gadunz

I've not learned yet, the art of modding, THATS WHAT IM ASKING FOR, A TEACHER, but when i do learn I'm gonna make a bunch of crap that is not related to Mythological times, just because you are so obsessed with keeping it real, i'm gonna make the spirally tower castles, I'm gonna make as many, NOT mythological things as possible, just because you are obsessed with keeping it historically accurate, in case you didn't know MYTHOLOGICAL means NOT REAL, so its not possible for any of that to be real in the first place, so how can you say, that's no mythologically correct, when this stuff DIDN'T really happen, Odysseus never fought off, giant one eyed monsters, but mythic tales says he does, so why cant you have him travel to a big castle, with medieval architecture in egypt, what is stopping that from happening.

BTW: I am reading the Stephen cane guys guide, but if there is anyone who would still be interested in giving a few lessons, or tips, those things are appreciated

gadunz
Mortal
posted 24 August 2006 08:57 AM EDT (US)     65 / 101       
So when they bring out Age of Fantasy,you'll no longer be wasting your time with mere mythology. Ah well, another one lost to the dark side

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
AlmightyAjax
Mortal
posted 24 August 2006 09:10 AM EDT (US)     66 / 101       
what is the difference between fantasy and myth, besides spelling, and page in the dictionary.

Fantasy:imaginative or fanciful,dealing with supernatural or unnatural events or characters

Myth:an imaginary or fictitious thing or person

they look pretty much like the same thing to me.

gadunz
Mortal
posted 24 August 2006 09:21 AM EDT (US)     67 / 101       
Mythology involves an actual historical setting & culture; ie the baliefs of the ancients. Fantasy doesn't

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
AlmightyAjax
Mortal
posted 24 August 2006 09:35 AM EDT (US)     68 / 101       
that's not always true, GREEK and ROMAN mythology did, but myth in general isn't ALWAYS in an actual historical setting & culture. This game is based off GREEK mythology.
gadunz
Mortal
posted 24 August 2006 10:40 AM EDT (US)     69 / 101       
only half.Did none of my celtic suggestions interest you? I thought a headless horseman, with his head under his left arm & whipping victims eyes out with his right wouldve appealed to such a shrill youth

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
AlmightyAjax
Mortal
posted 24 August 2006 10:53 AM EDT (US)     70 / 101       
I haven't even learned to do it yet, besides there are a lot of Celtic legends i would like to see, I'm just saying, if you are going to mod, it doesnt HAVE to be mythologically correct, like i said early ES mad Lazar bear, and I'm pretty sure canada wasn't around with the Greeks, and what makes you believe I'm a "SHRILL YOUTH" for all you know i could be some 40 year old man living in his mom's basement, or a famous rich movie star who likes to play AoM.
gadunz
Mortal
posted 24 August 2006 10:59 AM EDT (US)     71 / 101       
On a psychotic cocaine binge

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 24 August 2006 12:34 PM EDT (US)     72 / 101       
I know it doesn't have to be mythologically correct; I really enjoyed the Hulk/Captain America mod. But when I mod, I prefer it to be. If you ever see a mod from me, it will be mythologically/historically correct (unless something else is requested).

For example, one of my favorite mods of all time was Ambition Designs' Hoplite makeover. Great mod.

gadunz
Mortal
posted 24 August 2006 09:39 PM EDT (US)     73 / 101       
Back to topic- Elephant archers. In reality war elephants carried a driver & 4 archers. In game would cost elephant & price of 4 chariot archers

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
AlmightyAjax
Mortal
posted 24 August 2006 09:51 PM EDT (US)     74 / 101       
hey prplppleater I got a problem, I'm new to modding (as you have probably guessed) , but i got my first unit made, i have it written into the protox, i did vachus text editor, and now when i go into editor, and go to put my unit down nothing appears, the name appears in the objects menu, but my unit dose not appear on the map, i am pretty sure it is because vachus text editor edits the Language.dll but i need to edit the xpacklanguage.dll since i am using AoMtt, how do i have the text editor open up the xpack instead of the AoM stuff.
Magnum Pi
Mortal
posted 25 August 2006 10:11 AM EDT (US)     75 / 101       
Did you create an anim file for your unit, even if you make room for your unit in the language.dll an anim is what you will need to have your unit have an appearance.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames