You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.82 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » New Design Team Rolling
Bottom
Topic Subject:New Design Team Rolling
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 25 July 2006 08:34 PM EDT (US)         
About a month ago, Steven (Sumkid) came to us saying he wanted to create a design team. Since then, Purple Design Studios has been internationally recognized as the newest, and one of the most active design teams in existance! We've put many mods into testing, and many projects laid out, including new civilizations, scenarios and campaigns, all for your enjoyment.

We are now asking you, the AoMH forumer, to come design with us! There are many benefits to joining. You will be given access to Team-only discussion, an inside look at new mods and scenarios, and picture-perfect releases. We have a design standard on the team, that everything must be flawless to even think about a release. No bugs will exist in a release from us.

You will also be able to suggest and work on new mods and scenarios, as well as be let in on top secret, inside information about the team and their projects. You will also be allowed to beta test our projects. You can sign up as a Team Tester, which grants you all the benefits of a real member, except designing, and all you have to do is see if our mods/scenarios work properly! There are some non-AoM events going on as well, including graphic designing contests, open modeling discussion, and anything else you can think of!

By joining today, you will also recieve yourname@purpledesignstudios.com! It can be forwarded to your address of choice.

Here are current positions you can apply for:

Coder - You will need to have at least a basic knowledge of HTML/XML, and will be editing anims, protos, techtrees and other data. We need at least 2 more, but will allow as many as apply.

Modeler - We need as many modelers as we can get! Modelers means you have Gmax, 3ds Max, Zmodeler, Blender, Wings 3D...

Texture Designer - We only need about two of these, since it can be a pretty easy job at times.

Animator - This is the most desperate position!! We need animators for our mods!! That means that you can animate models, not write anims. If you write anims, apply as a Coder.

Map Designer - If you are a map designer, you will be asked a few extra questions in your application (previous projects, teams, experience, eye candy etc.). You should already know your role as a Map Designer so I won't explain it. Map Designers are sectioned; chocolate on one side, vanilla on the other. Vanilla is preferred.

Tester - All the permissions of a regular member but none of the work! Just sign up and you will immediately be able to test a few of our newest mods out.

Current Members: (Applying Users are Greyed-out)

»The Purple People Eater - Leader, Coder, Map Designer, Texture Designer
»Gangsta4Lyfe - Forum Moderator, Map Designer, Modeler, Animator
»MythicRuler - Coder, Modeler, Map Designer
»Purple Puppy - Lead Modeler, and an incredible one at that!
»Joaqo - Map Designer, Coder, Team File Handler
»CodeRed175 - A great Modder/Coder
»Draaglom - Map Designer
»Daysar - Animator, Map Designer
»TombiTs - An expert eyecandy-man and scenario designer
»ShadeSlayer - Map Designer, Aspiring Modder
»Cirrow - Another expert eyecandy-man and scenario designer
»Hakuo6000 (aka Baxter) - Modder
»Urgwaine- Map Designer
»Young1_Z2- Coder
»Nottud- Map Designer/Creative Genius
»AoK - Applied as a Coder
»DragonBlood11 - Applied as a Map Designer
»Irish_Legend8 - Coder - Registered Inactive

Please Visit Our Site!
You can view the forums here

Apply Using this Format, and this form

Thank you for your interest in our design team! This topic is open to questions and discussion. Any required information before applying can be requested here.

-The Purple People Eater SITE ADMIN - TEAM LEADER

We're currently looking for:

»Animators
»Testers

[This message has been edited by PrplPplEater (edited 09-01-2006 @ 00:42 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 09 August 2006 09:33 PM EDT (US)     26 / 82       
Thanks. So what about LZS and the ArchPurple DesignSyndicate project?

EDIT: What happened to Lampades?

[This message has been edited by PrplPplEater (edited 08-09-2006 @ 09:34 PM).]

PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 10 August 2006 01:06 AM EDT (US)     27 / 82       
New offer! Joining and existing members will now get yourname@purpledesignstudios.com when they are accepted! This offer is not to draw in users, it's a feature of our site that we would like to share! This does not apply to applying users, only those who are accepted.
DragonBlood11
Mortal
posted 14 August 2006 06:00 PM EDT (US)     28 / 82       
If I dont get into DGDN I will join. I am a scenario designer and RM-Scripter.

My most recent work is a RMS, called Taiga, it will be iin the downloads section soon!

Signatures are broken
PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 14 August 2006 09:59 PM EDT (US)     29 / 82       
Awesome! We could definately use a RM scripter at PDS. You're always welcome as a part time member as well.
PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 26 August 2006 02:33 AM EDT (US)     30 / 82       
Updated to include our two newest members, Baxter and Urgwaine! Welcome to the team!
Brownboot
Mortal
posted 26 August 2006 01:46 PM EDT (US)     31 / 82       
My texture services are for sale. I have worked on 0ad as a texturer and am an accomplished modder at SWGBH. A couple pics here: http://bfme2.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=4&tn=211&f=4,,0,10&st=25

If you wanna see more stuff msn me at: allen@the-whites.net or email me at allen@allenwhite.com

Dnas
Mortal
posted 26 August 2006 05:49 PM EDT (US)     32 / 82       
Whoah! I didn't know you were at AoMH, Brownboot!

(BTW, people, Brownboot = awesome at texturing. Ridiculously quick at making them too. )

Dnas
Wildfire games 0 A. D. texture artist.
Rest In Peace, Flipbizcut (1979-2005)

[This message may have been edited by Dnas (edited 49-92-4096 @ 42:93 PM).]

PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 26 August 2006 11:25 PM EDT (US)     33 / 82       

It's an honor! Sorry though, I don't think we'll be buying any textures.
Brownboot
Mortal
posted 29 August 2006 04:53 PM EDT (US)     34 / 82       
I'm at some of the other heavens, peddling my wares atm :P.
Dnas
Mortal
posted 29 August 2006 05:57 PM EDT (US)     35 / 82       
Hehe.

Well, good luck! I'm not sure how many AoM modders would be willing to hire for textures, but... meh.

Dnas
Wildfire games 0 A. D. texture artist.
Rest In Peace, Flipbizcut (1979-2005)

[This message may have been edited by Dnas (edited 49-92-4096 @ 42:93 PM).]

Magnum Pi
Mortal
posted 29 August 2006 08:46 PM EDT (US)     36 / 82       

Quote:

Coder - You will need to have at least a basic knowledge of HTML/XML, and will be editing anims, protos, techtrees and other data. We need at least 2 more, but will allow as many as apply.

Do you still need two more. Because this is exactly what I'm good at! And i would love to join a design team! My e-mail's Sunjr8@hotmail.com in case you want to contact me.

PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 30 August 2006 01:37 AM EDT (US)     37 / 82       
We would love to have you! We have since gotten many more, but the more the merrier! Notice how it says "at least". New members are always welcome! I don't think PDS will ever become an invite-only team.
Young1_Z2
Mortal
posted 30 August 2006 02:39 AM EDT (US)     38 / 82       
Hey Purple! Don't forget to add me!

Side note:
Ive created a new thread. I want you to read it.

If you don't know what to write, start writing. Same thing with scenario design. If you have know idea yet, start designing.

Projects: Kingdom
AgeofKnights
Inactive
posted 31 August 2006 07:07 PM EDT (US)     39 / 82       
i applied. I'm a modder(duh) and im learning RMS for secret reasons.
gangsta4lyfe
Mortal
posted 31 August 2006 07:45 PM EDT (US)     40 / 82       
The only person we have that knows how to random script is nottud.

¤)Proud Member of Purple Designs Studios
|AomTT Nickname:LoN_Nidhogg|
Ω| Purple Design Studios |Ω
Ψ| AomTT Nickname:LoN_Nidhogg |Ψ
He who laughs last didn't get it.
PrplPplEater
Mortal
posted 01 September 2006 00:42 AM EDT (US)     41 / 82       
@ Young1

I've added you and Nottud to the member list, and I've added AoK to the applied list.

Fenrir Axebearer
Mortal
posted 01 September 2006 08:48 AM EDT (US)     42 / 82       
And add me too!

Fenrir Axebearer was Fighter of Ragnarok!
He fought sides of Gods!
His pet Fenrir Greyback always helped him!
He and his pet killed many Monsters! And Show many advantures!
BUT GOD ABANDON THEM AFTER RAGNAROK! NO ONE OF GODS HELPED HIM AFTER RAGNAROK!
Now he living in Norseland in mountains with his best and loyal pet!

[This message has been edited by Fenrir Axebearer (edited 09-01-2006 @ 08:49 AM).]

DragonBlood11
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 04:34 PM EDT (US)     43 / 82       
Purple is strange. Parental stuff man.

Im not joining.

Signatures are broken
Fenrir Axebearer
Mortal
posted 06 September 2006 03:34 AM EDT (US)     44 / 82       
PPE, What is going on????????

I banned again from your fourm! witout loging! I opened this site - http://www.purpledesignstudios.com/forums/

AND I SEE -

[Q]
Register • Search • FAQ • Memberlist • Usergroups • Log in
Purple Design Studios Forum Index
Critical Information

You have been banned from this forum.
Please contact the webmaster or board administrator for more information.