You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1329 replies, Sticky
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Got a Question? Ask it Here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Got a Question? Ask it Here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 48 49 50 51 52 ··· 54  Next Page »
buppy
Mortal
(id: pubby8)
posted 21 January 2011 01:55 PM EDT (US)         
Post all modding/rms/ai questions in this thread.

Visit Programs and Tutorials for Modding/RMS/AI or the Modding Library for helpful resources.

FAQ:

•  I get an error that says "Initialization Failed" when I start my game after installing a mod. What do I do?
    This error is almost always caused by an improperly installed mod. Sometimes it's something else. Undo what you did and try again. If you're still having trouble, outline what you did here and we can help.

•  How can I easily view and edit the xpacklanguage.dll file?
    Download Resource Hacker, you can find it in one of the links above.

•  Is there a way to stop the player color from showing up in a texture?
    Cover the white bits in the bottom half of the texture file with black. That should solve it.

•  Is there anywhere I can find a list of all the possible VisualParticles for the anim files? ie. HeroGlow, Kronos Smoke, etc.
    Visual Particles are stored in the Models bar files. Extract, and sort by type. They are the .PRTs.
    These are code that run a series of .tga files (9-12 played in cycles) and can be varied by replacing the images through a hex edit of the .prt.
    Somewhere in the code are things like size/speed etc. but it's inconsistent. Just pick a .prt that is about the size you want and create the .tga files. They work like 12/4/0/5 bitmaps using grey-scale for transparency.

•  How do you change the music? ie. add your own music to the game so you can play it while listening to your favorite music?
    With this.

•  How can I make my own campaigns?
    Use this.

•  How can I change the names of the ai?
    See here.

•  How do I add multiple mods so they don't overwrite eachother?
    This will teach you how to edit your protox and add mods on top of eachother.

•  How can I make my own BAR files?
    Download this.

•  Where is the main game folder for the Steam version of AoM?
    Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Mythology.

Some tags from the aomx.exe:
    Hit Grunt Select MaxLOS Recover GatherFish TeleportOut TeleportIn GatherBush Closing Opening Closed Opened RangedWalkAttack BehindAttack RightAttack LeftAttack Kill JumpLand JumpFly JumpTakeoff Flail Pray CastAttack WalkAttack Charging PivotLeft PivotRight Walk Talk Run GatherMine GatherHunt GatherFarm GatherChop Carry AutoLOS Unbuild HeroDeath TownBell BuckAttack Teleport CorpseDecay Boost Eat Explore LightningAttack Gate Swallow GetOnMover AutoMover Guard Trade ConvertAttack FreezeAttack Eject ChargedRangedAttack WhirlwindAttack Dropoff Gore Throw AutoGather Empower Use Regenerate Unused2 DiveBomb Pickup JumpMove Guide Attach Unused1 JumpAttack Light Lightning Thrown MoveAttack GatherPoint Dormant Freeze AreaAttack Birth AutoConvert Enter Wander Unused0 Work OverrideAnimation Train Research Repair RangedAttack MoveByGroup Move Idle Hunting Heal HandAttack Gather Decay Death Convert Build Bored LokiHero

A useful guide:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257883223

The ultimate modeling guide:
    http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11367

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 03-01-2018 @ 08:10 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Callistonian
    Mortal
    posted 19 December 2016 01:08 PM EDT (US)     1226 / 1329       
    @Wollie - I accidentally asked this in the scenario design forum and already got a reply. It's impossible without modding the exe. There is a way to give units random names using triggers for specific scenarios which is fairly straight forward, but you can't make new units with random names without defining a new flag and nobody seems to know how to do that. Very unfortunate because it seems like a pretty simple thing.
    Izalith
    Mortal
    (id: Lilitu)
    posted 28 February 2017 03:45 PM EDT (US)     1227 / 1329       
    Two questions:

I've read about a aoe2-civ which has vision over all relics and was curious if thats possible in AoM. First thing I looked for is Ouranos' vision of Settlements which I cannot find in techtreex/protox/commandpanels or anywhere else I looked. Where is Ouranos' Vision over Settlements? Hardcoded? :/

You need a market to be able to trade, it is exactly the protobuilding 'market' which has to be alive, not another protounit which is basically the same but another unit (copy-pasted). Is that requirement somewhere accessable?

And a third I'll be able to find sooner or later I guess:
    I remember some config file in which the Automatons Corpses Lifespan was preset to 45 seconds, so that it couldn't be accessed with triggers. Cant find that right now aswell, but I posted about it in this forum myself once. o.x

[This message has been edited by Lilitu (edited 02-28-2017 @ 03:45 PM).]

WollieWoltaz
    Mortal
    posted 28 February 2017 04:55 PM EDT (US)     1228 / 1329       
    3. Open the gamesettings2.bar file with bar explorer and extract the gamex.cfg file. Ctrl-f and type in corpse. In there you will find the "Automaton corpse decays"
    HealableDeathRecoverTime=45.
    And a lot more cool stuf.
    Izalith
    Mortal
    posted 01 March 2017 03:11 PM EDT (US)     1229 / 1329       
    Thx.
    VitalFraction
    Mortal
    posted 09 March 2017 11:29 AM EDT (US)     1230 / 1329       
    edit: bad question

[This message has been edited by VitalFraction (edited 03-09-2017 @ 02:30 PM).]

Izalith
    Mortal
    posted 15 March 2017 08:44 AM EDT (US)     1231 / 1329       
    Hello there,

a question on the Techtreex: I'm trying to have a technology which will be activated by research, but deactivated if a unit dies so that it has to be researched again.

Example given: Jason can research (or 'obtain/equip' for the description later) the 'golden fleece' which increases his armor. But when he dies and is recruited again, the bonus has disappeared and must be researched once anew paying again some gold and favor. This should work as a loop forever.

Setting techs to obtainable/unobtainable kinda doesn't work. Also sometimes it seems that the file is read once but not again searching for changes, like you can put civ-Zeus-/civ- as prereq, but cannot "techstatus isActive ZeusAge1", for that is another tech. Though it does work with line ups somehow.

Setting something active ignores all prereqs, and persistent is kinda like active but looped while also used with checking Unitcounts mainly to be used as prereq.

Enough random facts, well, here's what I got which wont do the job. X_X ..on the tests I could either remove the tech but it wasn't available for research ever again, or the tech didn't get removed at all.
    Setting persistently to obtainable while Jason is dead resulted in a red button which couldn't be researched at all.

<tech name="Jason Fleece" type="Normal">
    <dbid>977</dbid>
    <displaynameid>19615</displaynameid>
    <cost resourcetype="Gold">50.0000</cost>
    <cost resourcetype="Favor">1.0000</cost>
    <researchpoints>2.0000</researchpoints>
    <status>OBTAINABLE</status>
    <icon>relic animal part icon 64</icon>
    <rollovertextid>18828</rollovertextid>
    <prereqs>
    <civilization>
    <civname>Zeus</civname>
    </civilization>
    </prereqs>
    <effects>
    <effect type="Data" amount="-0.10" subtype="ArmorVulnerability" damagetype="Pierce" relativity="Percent">
    <target type="ProtoUnit">Hero Greek Jason</target>
    </effect>
    <effect type="Data" amount="-0.10" subtype="ArmorVulnerability" damagetype="Hack" relativity="Percent">
    </effect>
    </effects>
    </tech>
    <tech name="Jason Fleece2" type="Normal">
    <dbid>978</dbid>
    <researchpoints>0.0000</researchpoints>
    <flag>HideFromDetailHelp</flag>
    <prereqs>
    <techstatus status="Active">Jason Fleece</techstatus>
    <typecount unit="Hero Greek Jason" count="1.00" state="noneState aliveState " operator="lt"></typecount>
    </prereqs>
    <effects>
    <effect type="TechStatus" status="Obtainable">Jason Fleece</effect>
    </effects>
    </tech>

Edit: Forgot to try Volatile which is exactly for stuff like this X_X

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Steam: Order of Azarath
    Twitch: twitch.tv/orderofazarath
    Discord: Azarath @ https://discord.gg/3ENKJeb

[This message has been edited by Lilitu (edited 03-15-2017 @ 10:00 AM).]

Izalith
    Mortal
    posted 15 March 2017 01:20 PM EDT (US)     1232 / 1329       
    What I ... learned/tried so far:

Age2 Uses an Effect to remove a technology.
    <effect type="TechStatus" status="unobtainable">Weaken Age 1 Units</effect>

Same way "Relic Golden Lions" is allowed to activate another technology:
    <effect type="TechStatus" status="obtainable">Golden Lions Relic Respawn</effect>
    Note: This tech, the "obtainer", is not volatile.

"Golden Lions Relic Respawn" is volatile, meaning it will check the prereqs again (or so I thought).
    It checks if
    - Relic Tech is still active
    <techstatus status="Active">Relic Golden Lions</techstatus>
    - TC count > 0 (lol? Is this maybe required to have it work even?)
    - Golden Lion alive Count < 1
    => Creates 2 Lions only if you have 0, they always come together.

Thus both is used, making it obtainable but also the prereq checking if it's active.

Also: putting an already obtainable tech to obtainable makes it disappear (?!)

Resulting in this very wrong code which does not allow the tech to be researched at all for some reason. Probably because the "Active"-Status of the Obtainer is not checked again even though the tech is supposed to be volatile.

(should use some console outputs to make sure isDead/isAlive fire properly..)

FOLLOWING DOES NOT WORK

<dbid>978</dbid>
    <status>UNOBTAINABLE</status>
    <flag>Volatile</flag>
    <prereqs>
    <techstatus status="Active">Jason Obtainer</techstatus>
    </prereqs>
    <effects>
    <effect type="Data" amount="-0.10" subtype="ArmorVulnerability" damagetype="Pierce" relativity="Percent">
    </effect>
    <effect type="Data" amount="-0.10" subtype="ArmorVulnerability" damagetype="Hack" relativity="Percent">
    </effect>
    </effects>
    </tech>
    <tech name="Jason isDead" type="Normal">
    <dbid>979</dbid>
    <flag>Volatile</flag>
    <prereqs>
    <typecount unit="Hero Greek Jason" count="1.00" state="noneState aliveState " operator="lt"></typecount>
    </prereqs>
    <effects>
    <effect type="TechStatus" status="unobtainable">Jason Obtainer</effect>
    </effects>
    </tech>
    <tech name="Jason isAlive" type="Normal">
    <dbid>980</dbid>
    <flag>Volatile</flag>
    <prereqs>
    <typecount unit="Hero Greek Jason" count="1.00" state="noneState aliveState " operator="gte"></typecount>
    </prereqs>
    <effects>
    <effect type="TechStatus" status="active">Jason Obtainer</effect>
    </effects>
    </tech>
    <tech name="Jason Obtainer" type="Normal">
    <dbid>981</dbid>
    <effects>
    <effect type="TechStatus" status="obtainable">Jason Fleece</effect>
    </effects>
    </tech>

"isAlive" is never met. "isDead" works.

Test with this knowledge:

DOES NOT WORK

<dbid>978</dbid>
    <flag>Volatile</flag>
    <prereqs>
    <techstatus status="unobtainable">Jason isDead</techstatus>
    </prereqs>
    <effects>
    </effect>
    </effect>
    </effects>
    </tech>
    <tech name="Jason isDead" type="Normal">
    <dbid>979</dbid>
    <flag>Volatile</flag>
    <prereqs>
    </prereqs>
    <effects>
    <effect type="ConsoleCommand">resourceMarket(1,"food",100.0,"gold")</effect>
    <effect type="TechStatus" status="obtainable">Jason Fleece</effect>
    </effects>
    </tech>

checking for "isDead" to be unobtainable or obtainable (something not active) also does not get the desired result, JasonFleece is never available. (What's the difference between obtainalbe/available? >_>)

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Loggy
    Mortal
    posted 15 March 2017 02:59 PM EDT (US)     1233 / 1329       
    I can't tell you the difference between available/obtainable in techtree.xml terms, but certainly in scripting terms (as can be seen with kbGetTechStatus) available means that it's ready to research now, wheras obtainable might mean you need to advance another age or build a building or something.
    Izalith
    Mortal
    posted 16 March 2017 01:06 AM EDT (US)     1234 / 1329       
    Confusing.. available is not mentioned in the tutorials, but in techtreex only comes with Age1_Zeus etc, so only the civ which is chosen before the game starts and not anywhere in game later.

I found this thread however:
    http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=19,25386,1710,all

Probably I used 'Volatile' wrong in that I had no 'delay' telling it how often to recheck the condition.

Random fact: If you have something with 0 cost and 0 researchtime and meet the conditions, it will get set from obtainable to active automatically.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

[This message has been edited by Lilitu (edited 03-16-2017 @ 01:33 AM).]

fabioxds
    Mortal
    posted 18 April 2017 07:03 PM EDT (US)     1235 / 1329       
    Hey guys, I have a list of questions for you RMS experts.

First you should note that I'm interested only on the yes/not (possible) answer, as I'm new to this stuff and eager to move forward, but can't contain my curiosity. :P
    Of course if you guys want to point me some ways, feel free to do it.

I want to make RMS for multiplayer on vanilla AOM, so:

1- Is is possible to add Osiris(God) and give him randonly to a human player? I want to lower his powers/health too. Making him 'die' after some amount of time?
    2- Can I successfuly convert the Random Land (Land Unknow) map script from the expansion, so it will work on vanilla AOM? I just tried copying it and loading on the rm folder and it played ok, even on multiplayer. After a lot of testing the only issue is on Large map size, trees sometimes are very scarse...
    3- What about some special units? Like Arkantos (uber) from the editor?
    4- Spawing & making Athena fight?
    5- THIS IS MY DREAM: creating a random map on wich players start with two town centers from 2 different civs, so they can build and mix 2 civs armies. Of course, the Gods wouldn't like that, so is there a way to please them after such an unholy alliance? :P
    7- What are the diffences between scenarios and RMS? What can be done with scenarios that cant be done with RMS?

[This message has been edited by fabioxds (edited 04-18-2017 @ 10:58 PM).]

Venlesh
    Mortal
    (id: The Elva_Rokk)
    posted 30 April 2017 01:44 PM EDT (US)     1236 / 1329       
    I've got a quick question about the use of one of AoMed's bmp conversions.

I'm currently giving the pregame ui a complete makeover for Lome 5.0, but many of the ui's .ddt's are converted into a type called "Paletted (12-bit), 4-bit alpha".

Converting files back into this type create a static-y look in the game, usually caused when converting a file with an alpha channel. My problem comes from the fact that my bmp's don't have alpha channels when I convert them. My alternative to this issue has been to use "12-bit, 4-bit alpha [0]" conversion, with 1 mip-map conversion; but this doesn't create a very quality image in game.

Any advice?

Current Projects:
    Legends of Middle-Earth 5.0 Check out LoME's first video showcase!
    Legend of Zelda V1.1 Modpackpack Released! Have a nice day.
    TAG
    That AoM Guy
    (id: aom expert)
    posted 30 April 2017 05:23 PM EDT (US)     1237 / 1329       
    @fabioxds
    1- Is is possible to add Osiris(God) and give him randonly to a human player? I want to lower his powers/health too. Making him 'die' after some amount of time?
    Yes but I wouldn't know the code.
    2- Can I successfuly convert the Random Land (Land Unknow) map script from the expansion, so it will work on vanilla AOM? I just tried copying it and loading on the rm folder and it played ok, even on multiplayer. After a lot of testing the only issue is on Large map size, trees sometimes are very scarse...
    That's because there are new trees in the expansion that I'm guessing they used.
    3- What about some special units? Like Arkantos (uber) from the editor?
    What do you mean? Can you add? sure.
    4- Spawing & making Athena fight?
    Don't believe you can make her fight without mods.
    5- THIS IS MY DREAM: creating a random map on wich players start with two town centers from 2 different civs, so they can build and mix 2 civs armies. Of course, the Gods wouldn't like that, so is there a way to please them after such an unholy alliance? :P
    This site has some rms tutorials and theres even some in the AoM root folder under "docs". But the two civs thing cannot be done.
    7- What are the diffences between scenarios and RMS? What can be done with scenarios that cant be done with RMS?
    A lot. The word here is randomizing.

Sorry I couldn't give you much more info. This answer is long overdue and I hate leaving our members high and dry. If you do come back to see this let me know that you did, and I can guide you to more things then.

@The Elva_Rokk
    This is on EE right? And have you tried other versions of AoMED?

Check out my YouTube
    For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.

[This message has been edited by That AoM Guy (edited 05-09-2017 @ 05:02 PM).]

Venlesh
    Mortal
    posted 30 April 2017 06:56 PM EDT (US)     1238 / 1329       
    The Titans, actually. I've been doing some work and found out that 12-bit, 4-bit with 5 mip-maps gives the texture a much better definition and restoration.

Some textures though (specifically rollover buttons), bug out when converted. I'm currently looking into it.

Current Projects:
    fabioxds
    Mortal
    posted 01 May 2017 06:17 PM EDT (US)     1239 / 1329       
    Hey, thanks for the replies. AoM is amazing, I think few games back then would have allowed so much customization with just scripting!

[This message has been edited by fabioxds (edited 05-01-2017 @ 10:15 PM).]

TAG
    That AoM Guy
    posted 09 May 2017 05:00 PM EDT (US)     1240 / 1329       
    So, fabioxds, you still wanna go through with this?

I just realized after coming back and reading this again the 2 civs thing can't be done.

Check out my YouTube
    For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.

[This message has been edited by That AoM Guy (edited 05-09-2017 @ 05:03 PM).]

fabioxds
    Mortal
    posted 10 May 2017 07:23 PM EDT (US)     1241 / 1329       
    I'm learning a lot with Milkman Matty's RMS tutorials. I shouldnt be taking more of your time, wich can be best used to serve the community. You guys are great, tnx
    TAG
    That AoM Guy
    posted 10 May 2017 09:28 PM EDT (US)     1242 / 1329       
    Quite the contrary, this is why we're here

Check out my YouTube
    Damaskox
    Mortal
    posted 20 May 2017 11:57 AM EDT (US)     1243 / 1329       
    I couldn't find through Google...
    Do we have any mods that let you do unlimited research, or at least many times?
    TAG
    That AoM Guy
    posted 23 May 2017 02:05 PM EDT (US)     1244 / 1329       
    What do you mean?

Check out my YouTube
    WollieWoltaz
    Mortal
    posted 12 June 2017 03:49 PM EDT (US)     1245 / 1329       
    Is it possible to time particles with a animation? Like for example.. I have a animation of 30 frames and i want the particle to show up at frame 15 for 1 second and then it fades away. Is this possible? If so... can I change some line of code within the .Prt file itself?

Thanks.
    BMBSapinhoTRN
    Mortal
    posted 21 June 2017 08:34 PM EDT (US)     1246 / 1329       
    Unreleased / Unfinished mods.

Hello, I wonder if this mod is dead?
    Callistonian
    Mortal
    posted 05 July 2017 03:38 AM EDT (US)     1247 / 1329       
    Has anyone experienced black lines on the borders of terrain textures in EE? I ported 42 textures from AoEII HD to EE and of those, 17 are affected by this strange bug wherein black lines show up on the seams as per the pictures below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/za2iyco5pzejzsm/black lines1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/is9xe3p1gadicc7/black lines2.jpg?dl=0

All textures are 512x512 dimensions. The lines show up only on one axis and are spaced by 16 editor tiles. Some of the offending textures have almost continuous lines, others have small line segments.

I tried making the textures seamless in Gimp which succeeded in making them seamless but not removing the lines. I tried reducing the texture size to 256x256 but the black lines scaled with the smaller textures making them harder to see but still there. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Venlesh
    Mortal
    posted 21 July 2017 00:27 AM EDT (US)     1248 / 1329       
    Hey, guys! I've got a bit of a stickler here because I don't have much info leading up to the problem at hand. I simply booted up the game after messing with the proto and techtree to find this weird bug.

To my knowledge, I didn't mess with anything pertaining to loading maps or map data before encountering this bug in the game.
    I haven't done much digging into finding a solution, as I thought to ask around a bit and search at the same time.

You probably notice the blatant modding of the interface, that is because this version of the game is running of the aom barbuilder for my upcoming mod release of "Legends of Middle-Earth". The mod runs parallel to aomx, so I don't believe that the exe is cause for any inherent bugs.

Thanks!

Current Projects:
    XLightningStormL
    Mortal
    (id: TheBronyKing11)
    posted 11 August 2017 04:41 AM EDT (US)     1249 / 1329       
    Hey Loggy still around??

Just asking can someone make a basic trigger code that makes a tech activate upon a building being built? disabled when dead? including looping!

I don't know how triggers work, and there aren't many tutorials that I know of that are useful :P

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
    Loggy
    Mortal
    posted 11 August 2017 01:12 PM EDT (US)     1250 / 1329       
    I don't know how to write triggers so that the editor will accept them. I do however know how to write in pure XS, which hopefully is some use here.

I think this is about what you want, though that was a quick job and I haven't even tested to make sure it compiles, let alone works. For what it's worth, it shouldn't matter whether you tie it to a unit or building here, as they're all just units with alive/dead status as far as this is concerned.
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 48 49 50 51 52 ··· 54  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames