You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1383 replies, Sticky
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Got a Question? Ask it Here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Got a Question? Ask it Here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 54 55 56  Next Page »
buppy
Mortal
(id: pubby8)
posted 21 January 2011 01:55 PM EDT (US)         
Post all modding/rms/ai questions in this thread.

Visit Programs and Tutorials for Modding/RMS/AI or the Modding Library for helpful resources.

FAQ:

•  I get an error that says "Initialization Failed" when I start my game after installing a mod. What do I do?
    This error is almost always caused by an improperly installed mod. Sometimes it's something else. Undo what you did and try again. If you're still having trouble, outline what you did here and we can help.

•  How can I easily view and edit the xpacklanguage.dll file?
    Download Resource Hacker, you can find it in one of the links above.

•  Is there a way to stop the player color from showing up in a texture?
    Cover the white bits in the bottom half of the texture file with black. That should solve it.

•  Is there anywhere I can find a list of all the possible VisualParticles for the anim files? ie. HeroGlow, Kronos Smoke, etc.
    Visual Particles are stored in the Models bar files. Extract, and sort by type. They are the .PRTs.
    These are code that run a series of .tga files (9-12 played in cycles) and can be varied by replacing the images through a hex edit of the .prt.
    Somewhere in the code are things like size/speed etc. but it's inconsistent. Just pick a .prt that is about the size you want and create the .tga files. They work like 12/4/0/5 bitmaps using grey-scale for transparency.

•  How do you change the music? ie. add your own music to the game so you can play it while listening to your favorite music?
    With this.

•  How can I make my own campaigns?
    Use this.

•  How can I change the names of the ai?
    See here.

•  How do I add multiple mods so they don't overwrite eachother?
    This will teach you how to edit your protox and add mods on top of eachother.

•  How can I make my own BAR files?
    Download this.

•  Where is the main game folder for the Steam version of AoM?
    Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Mythology.

Some tags from the aomx.exe:
    Hit Grunt Select MaxLOS Recover GatherFish TeleportOut TeleportIn GatherBush Closing Opening Closed Opened RangedWalkAttack BehindAttack RightAttack LeftAttack Kill JumpLand JumpFly JumpTakeoff Flail Pray CastAttack WalkAttack Charging PivotLeft PivotRight Walk Talk Run GatherMine GatherHunt GatherFarm GatherChop Carry AutoLOS Unbuild HeroDeath TownBell BuckAttack Teleport CorpseDecay Boost Eat Explore LightningAttack Gate Swallow GetOnMover AutoMover Guard Trade ConvertAttack FreezeAttack Eject ChargedRangedAttack WhirlwindAttack Dropoff Gore Throw AutoGather Empower Use Regenerate Unused2 DiveBomb Pickup JumpMove Guide Attach Unused1 JumpAttack Light Lightning Thrown MoveAttack GatherPoint Dormant Freeze AreaAttack Birth AutoConvert Enter Wander Unused0 Work OverrideAnimation Train Research Repair RangedAttack MoveByGroup Move Idle Hunting Heal HandAttack Gather Decay Death Convert Build Bored LokiHero

A useful guide:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257883223

The ultimate modeling guide:
    http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11367

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 03-01-2018 @ 08:10 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    XLightningStormL
    Mortal
    (id: TheBronyKing11)
    posted 13 June 2020 06:00 AM EDT (US)     1376 / 1383       
    mods/(mod name here)/textures/icons, the mods subfolders format is identical to normal AOM, just with the touch of mod support vs having to replace files outright.

Terrains would have to be extracted, AoM and AoMEE will automatically read .tgas and convert them into .btx, you can control if alpha is rendered or not, whether or not the texture uses no-mipmapping (nomip) and the format (IIRC the docs folder has a documentation on the possible formats available) by creating a text file with the same name, and saving as "bti" from there on you can convert it into a .ddt v2 if you wish via the texture conversion tool.

The big bite is that the textureextractor tool will automatically extract the ddt as a tga, but will appear transparent due to having an alpha mask, this is why the "no texture" is used, as terrains don't support alpha (apart from water, because it's handled differently) you can find various alpha mask addons for paint.net, and I assume Gimp too, use either of these many tools to disable the alpha mask, then save.

You could use straight .tgas as terrain files however, you run into the issue where they'll have transparent icons in the editor paint tools, so converting them into ddts is preferable.

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038

[This message has been edited by XLightningStormL (edited 06-13-2020 @ 06:01 AM).]

purehatred
    Mortal
    posted 14 June 2020 09:14 AM EDT (US)     1377 / 1383       
    Hello!

How you can add new unit to game and have it trainable when you play random map?

I created new unit in proto, gave it anim file, sounds and set on what building should icon be located (<train row="1" page="1" column="4">Hunting Dog</train>), but there is no icon and I can't train it.

And yes, when I use editor I can create it.

Anybody knows how to solve this struggle?

EDIT: SOLVED

[This message has been edited by purehatred (edited 06-14-2020 @ 11:21 AM).]

Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 16 June 2020 05:16 AM EDT (US)     1378 / 1383       
    Thanks Brony have got the icons to work.
    Put it in a mod/texture folder and then just use an icon path name as if it were in the base folder.

Skies don't seem to be working properly though. Have converted the 8 sky pictures to .tga format and then to .ddt using the texture editor and put them in the mod/textures folder with the model and skies files I use for TT into the mod/models and mod/data folders respectively.
    The sky currently displays various god power icons. (wtf steam)

Bit format of the .ddts has been left as auto rather than 24/32.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 06-16-2020 @ 05:26 AM).]

XLightningStormL
    Mortal
    (id: TheBronyKing11)
    posted 16 June 2020 11:35 PM EDT (US)     1379 / 1383       
    Skies are out of my range, sorry.

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
    Yeebaagooon
    EXCO Emeritus
    posted 17 June 2020 05:18 PM EDT (US)     1380 / 1383       
    Fair enough.
    Replaced the skyblue default with one of mine and it works. The name actually changes in EE.

So I've got files to replace the skyblue but it simply refuses to let me create a new sky.
    Copied the working model and replaced textures from bluesky and changed it aluesky, even updaqted the data folder and still the random gp icons. I hate EE.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 06-18-2020 @ 10:58 AM).]

pepa999
    Mortal
    posted 13 July 2020 04:29 AM EDT (US)     1381 / 1383       
    Hi guys, i have two quick question.

1) How can i increase chance for hades shade to generate after my soldier dies? It is 20%, i want it to increase to 33%.

2) How can i increase range of Isis monument GP protection?

Thank you so much and thank you for taking care of this great game.
    nottud
    Hero
    posted 13 July 2020 02:08 PM EDT (US)     1382 / 1383       
    Have a look at the game2.8.cfg file in your startup folder.
    pepa999
    Mortal
    posted 14 July 2020 05:47 AM EDT (US)     1383 / 1383       
    Thank you so much
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 54 55 56  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames