You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1333 replies, Sticky
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Got a Question? Ask it Here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Got a Question? Ask it Here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 6 7 8 9 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 54  Next Page »
buppy
Mortal
(id: pubby8)
posted 21 January 2011 01:55 PM EDT (US)         
Post all modding/rms/ai questions in this thread.

Visit Programs and Tutorials for Modding/RMS/AI or the Modding Library for helpful resources.

FAQ:

•  I get an error that says "Initialization Failed" when I start my game after installing a mod. What do I do?
    This error is almost always caused by an improperly installed mod. Sometimes it's something else. Undo what you did and try again. If you're still having trouble, outline what you did here and we can help.

•  How can I easily view and edit the xpacklanguage.dll file?
    Download Resource Hacker, you can find it in one of the links above.

•  Is there a way to stop the player color from showing up in a texture?
    Cover the white bits in the bottom half of the texture file with black. That should solve it.

•  Is there anywhere I can find a list of all the possible VisualParticles for the anim files? ie. HeroGlow, Kronos Smoke, etc.
    Visual Particles are stored in the Models bar files. Extract, and sort by type. They are the .PRTs.
    These are code that run a series of .tga files (9-12 played in cycles) and can be varied by replacing the images through a hex edit of the .prt.
    Somewhere in the code are things like size/speed etc. but it's inconsistent. Just pick a .prt that is about the size you want and create the .tga files. They work like 12/4/0/5 bitmaps using grey-scale for transparency.

•  How do you change the music? ie. add your own music to the game so you can play it while listening to your favorite music?
    With this.

•  How can I make my own campaigns?
    Use this.

•  How can I change the names of the ai?
    See here.

•  How do I add multiple mods so they don't overwrite eachother?
    This will teach you how to edit your protox and add mods on top of eachother.

•  How can I make my own BAR files?
    Download this.

•  Where is the main game folder for the Steam version of AoM?
    Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Mythology.

Some tags from the aomx.exe:
    Hit Grunt Select MaxLOS Recover GatherFish TeleportOut TeleportIn GatherBush Closing Opening Closed Opened RangedWalkAttack BehindAttack RightAttack LeftAttack Kill JumpLand JumpFly JumpTakeoff Flail Pray CastAttack WalkAttack Charging PivotLeft PivotRight Walk Talk Run GatherMine GatherHunt GatherFarm GatherChop Carry AutoLOS Unbuild HeroDeath TownBell BuckAttack Teleport CorpseDecay Boost Eat Explore LightningAttack Gate Swallow GetOnMover AutoMover Guard Trade ConvertAttack FreezeAttack Eject ChargedRangedAttack WhirlwindAttack Dropoff Gore Throw AutoGather Empower Use Regenerate Unused2 DiveBomb Pickup JumpMove Guide Attach Unused1 JumpAttack Light Lightning Thrown MoveAttack GatherPoint Dormant Freeze AreaAttack Birth AutoConvert Enter Wander Unused0 Work OverrideAnimation Train Research Repair RangedAttack MoveByGroup Move Idle Hunting Heal HandAttack Gather Decay Death Convert Build Bored LokiHero

A useful guide:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257883223

The ultimate modeling guide:
    http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11367

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 03-01-2018 @ 08:10 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    L33TSkillz
    Mortal
    posted 28 August 2011 07:21 PM EDT (US)     176 / 1333       
    Sounds like they somehow skipped over the 100% built point. Have no idea how but the build rate obviously is the reason.

Though you should probably give as many details as you can.

[This message has been edited by L33TSkillz (edited 08-28-2011 @ 07:45 PM).]

FAILeliminator
    Mortal
    posted 30 August 2011 07:30 PM EDT (US)     177 / 1333       
    Can someone tell me what the name of the bronze texture file is (if there is one)?

It started with a low light; Next thing I knew they ripped me from my bed
    And then they took my blood type; It left a strange impression in my head.
    You know that I was hoping; That I could leave this star-crossed world behind
    But when they cut me open; I guess I changed my mind.
    ------------------------------------------
    Hmm.. How about FAIL for another twat Member of the Month :P ~BSU_DoLhades
    FAILeliminator
    Mortal
    posted 30 August 2011 07:37 PM EDT (US)     178 / 1333       
    Never mind, I think I found it.

EDIT: It's a BTI file. Apparently AoMed doesn't like that

It started with a low light; Next thing I knew they ripped me from my bed
    And then they took my blood type; It left a strange impression in my head.
    You know that I was hoping; That I could leave this star-crossed world behind
    But when they cut me open; I guess I changed my mind.
    ------------------------------------------
    Hmm.. How about FAIL for another twat Member of the Month :P ~BSU_DoLhades

[This message has been edited by FAILeliminator (edited 08-30-2011 @ 07:47 PM).]

Ranfeld
    Mortal
    posted 01 September 2011 05:29 PM EDT (US)     179 / 1333       
    Recently I made a mod that increases the number of relics you can hold in temples. However all though I can garrison as many relics as I like in the temple only 8 are displayed at a time. How do I mod the uimain to increase the number of relics displayed?
    Eurotool
    Hero
    posted 04 September 2011 08:34 PM EDT (US)     180 / 1333       
    I thought every unit couldn't show more than 8 different garrisoned object names...

How do I remove the ugly player colors on a Phoenix Egg ? I want it to be perfect, the same to every player.

Also I'd like to remove the "fake lights" from Heroes (only, not Argos or Excavation), without changing all the protox.

[This message has been edited by Eurotool (edited 09-04-2011 @ 09:03 PM).]

L33TSkillz
    Mortal
    posted 04 September 2011 10:11 PM EDT (US)     181 / 1333       
    the lights are in the anims, and the player colors on phoenix egg should be in its textures.
    Eurotool
    Hero
    posted 04 September 2011 10:18 PM EDT (US)     182 / 1333       
    player colors on phoenix egg should be in its textures.
    I found the file, but there's no lines in it. The black area... oh, but there are some horizontal big lines in it. I'll try to remove them tomorrow, but it's weird because they're not horizontal... they need to be repeated 4 times (plus in the game they make triangles).

L33TSkillz
    Mortal
    posted 04 September 2011 11:58 PM EDT (US)     183 / 1333       
    I think they split into four triangles due to the way the texture is placed on the egg. At least I would assume that.
    Eurotool
    Hero
    posted 05 September 2011 12:10 PM EDT (US)     184 / 1333       
    Ok, it works for the egg, thanks. How do I remove the light anim, now ?

Zaphragor
    Mortal
    (id: Coca_Cola93)
    posted 05 September 2011 01:51 PM EDT (US)     185 / 1333       
    Simply remove this:

//==============================================================================
    define heroglow
    {
    set hotspot
    {
    version
    {
    Visualparticle SFX A Hero Glow Small
    }
    }
    }

Uruk-Hai, Skeleton Warriors, Green horde, Khorne Berserker, Dwarfs
    Attention!>Wrong english grammar are special effects and wanted from my keyboard<Attention!

The more there is to hide, the more there's to uncover.
    So welcome to the other side.
    This trip here is hell...
    Ranfeld
    Mortal
    posted 11 September 2011 10:23 PM EDT (US)     186 / 1333       
    Hello Everyone,
    For an RPG I am making I wanted it so that you could click an icon on the screen to cast a power. I accomplished this by creating a hidden gadget and using this trigger:
       <Effect name="Show Gadget">
    <Param name="Name" dispName="Gadget Name" VarType="string"></Param>
    <Command>gadgetToggle("%Name%");</Command>
    </Effect>

To show/hide the gadget. The gadget was a very basic button that simply used the uiFindType command to find a unit. I then did a bit of triggering so that when the unit was selected a certain event would be fired.

Is there a more direct way to fire an event with a gadget? You can use commands from the uimain in triggers so does it work vice-versa? I tried it myself with QV,(I haven't gotten a chance to try it with a fire event command), but it doesn't seem to work. I may have made a dumb mistake though so I am posing these questions to the community.

~Ranfeld
    WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 20 September 2011 04:54 AM EDT (US)     187 / 1333       
    when playing hades 20% of your soldiers will return as shades.
    how can i increase this and where?
    Ben42
    Mortal
    posted 02 October 2011 02:10 PM EDT (US)     188 / 1333       
    how do I replace the weapon that a unit is holding?

I am trying to replace the staff a caladria holds with a sword using anim editing. How do I do this?

If it is not possible how do I get it in their other hand?

Also how do I give it a helmet

I've tried the whole

Define Sword
    and
    Define Helm

and all the

Connect Sword LeftHand hotspot

and

Connect helm TopofHead hotspot

but they dont work

[This message has been edited by Ben42 (edited 10-02-2011 @ 02:14 PM).]

hoodedwarbler12
    Mortal
    posted 02 October 2011 02:46 PM EDT (US)     189 / 1333       
    You have to make sure the attachpoints exist, first of all. To do this, make the unit in the editor, then click on it. Hit Alt+A to open the animation viewer. Then you can open a dropdown to see all the attachpoints. You could also use the attachpoint editor to move them.

For most weapons, you typically have to import the animation of the weapon. See hoplite_anim.txt for an example. It says:
    "import Greek_Large_Shield_anim.txt
    import spear_defines_anim.txt" at the top, which imports those two anims into the animation.

It won't work for the Caladria, unfortunately, because the staff is part of the model, which would require model editing to remove. It would work with, for example, the Ulfsark.

Hope this helps!

[This message has been edited by hoodedwarbler12 (edited 10-02-2011 @ 02:47 PM).]

Ben42
    Mortal
    posted 03 October 2011 11:51 AM EDT (US)     190 / 1333       
    thanks for the help

A few questions though

First of all which editor are you talking about

in game scenario editor
    anim editor
    or
    attatchpoint editor?

also for the caladria will it work with the other hand then?
    L33TSkillz
    Mortal
    posted 03 October 2011 05:32 PM EDT (US)     191 / 1333       
    He's talking about the ingame editor. The view animations tool gives a lot of useful information on it.
    Ben42
    Mortal
    posted 04 October 2011 12:48 PM EDT (US)     192 / 1333       
    ok thanks
    Xzaander
    Lone Wolf
    (id: SirThobus)
    posted 05 October 2011 03:32 AM EDT (US)     193 / 1333       
    A while ago I downloaded Blender v2.5 (2.59, latest version), and got into it really well, actuallt love the program. But I see that there are very few tutorials and tips on how to use blender for AoM. I would love if someone could make a tutorial or something for the latest version of Blender, because there are some differences between 2.5 and older versions.

Sometimes I like to take screenshots. But only sometimes.
    Ben42
    Mortal
    posted 05 October 2011 01:15 PM EDT (US)     194 / 1333       
    ok I got the attatchment working.

But is there a way to change the angle they hold the swords at. I want to give it quite a large sword but they all cover its face. If I could get it to angle slightly forward or even downwards it would work better.

And is there a way to attatch caladria wings to another model? I've realised they are part of the caladria model, so is there a way to make them an attatachment? Or has someone already done that?

[This message has been edited by Ben42 (edited 10-06-2011 @ 04:38 AM).]

vanni247
    Mortal
    posted 08 October 2011 11:44 AM EDT (US)     195 / 1333       
    hey guys.

is there a scale-up/scale down function in gmax? how do i use it?

i want to keep a particular model the same, except bigger/smaller.

a walkthrough would be nice... someone already told me this function exists i just don't know how to access it...

thanks.
    Ben42
    Mortal
    posted 09 October 2011 06:50 AM EDT (US)     196 / 1333       
    Every time I try to convert a 3dx file to a BRG there is a problem.

My model is simple a few Hespiredis trees and two gaia trees attatched, but when I convert it, aomed wants me to choose a file with the same animation length. Whether I choose the gaia tree model or the hesperidis model this always comes up:

--- Begin Traceback ---
    Cannot find **START** and **END** lines in update file data at /PerlApp/Convert.pm line 1520.
    Convert::threeds_to_brg at /PerlApp/Convert.pm line 1520
    main::simple_convert at /PerlApp/TkGUI.pm line 637
    main::__ANON__ at /PerlApp/TkGUI.pm line 470
    [\&main::__ANON__]
    Tk callback for .toplevel.button8
    Tk::__ANON__ at /PerlApp/Tk.pm line 228
    Tk::Button::butUp at /PerlApp/Tk/Button.pm line 111
    (command bound to event)

[This message has been edited by Ben42 (edited 10-09-2011 @ 07:11 AM).]

hoodedwarbler12
    Mortal
    posted 12 October 2011 08:40 PM EDT (US)     197 / 1333       
    Are there any guides on using Blender to model for AoM?

JohnnyWolverine
    Mortal
    posted 14 October 2011 08:59 PM EDT (US)     198 / 1333       
    How to edit particles, or how to replace their textures? I can replace model textures with programmers notepad or in anim file, but i can't do this with particle files. pls help. (sorry for bad english)
    hoodedwarbler12
    Mortal
    posted 15 October 2011 12:36 PM EDT (US)     199 / 1333       
    That will need hex editing.

JohnnyWolverine
    Mortal
    posted 15 October 2011 02:35 PM EDT (US)     200 / 1333       
    thanks, then i need a program, an old and easy hex editor.
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 6 7 8 9 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 54  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames