You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1329 replies, Sticky
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Got a Question? Ask it Here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Got a Question? Ask it Here!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 54  Next Page »
buppy
Mortal
(id: pubby8)
posted 21 January 2011 01:55 PM EDT (US)         
Post all modding/rms/ai questions in this thread.

Visit Programs and Tutorials for Modding/RMS/AI or the Modding Library for helpful resources.

FAQ:

•  I get an error that says "Initialization Failed" when I start my game after installing a mod. What do I do?
    This error is almost always caused by an improperly installed mod. Sometimes it's something else. Undo what you did and try again. If you're still having trouble, outline what you did here and we can help.

•  How can I easily view and edit the xpacklanguage.dll file?
    Download Resource Hacker, you can find it in one of the links above.

•  Is there a way to stop the player color from showing up in a texture?
    Cover the white bits in the bottom half of the texture file with black. That should solve it.

•  Is there anywhere I can find a list of all the possible VisualParticles for the anim files? ie. HeroGlow, Kronos Smoke, etc.
    Visual Particles are stored in the Models bar files. Extract, and sort by type. They are the .PRTs.
    These are code that run a series of .tga files (9-12 played in cycles) and can be varied by replacing the images through a hex edit of the .prt.
    Somewhere in the code are things like size/speed etc. but it's inconsistent. Just pick a .prt that is about the size you want and create the .tga files. They work like 12/4/0/5 bitmaps using grey-scale for transparency.

•  How do you change the music? ie. add your own music to the game so you can play it while listening to your favorite music?
    With this.

•  How can I make my own campaigns?
    Use this.

•  How can I change the names of the ai?
    See here.

•  How do I add multiple mods so they don't overwrite eachother?
    This will teach you how to edit your protox and add mods on top of eachother.

•  How can I make my own BAR files?
    Download this.

•  Where is the main game folder for the Steam version of AoM?
    Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Mythology.

Some tags from the aomx.exe:
    Hit Grunt Select MaxLOS Recover GatherFish TeleportOut TeleportIn GatherBush Closing Opening Closed Opened RangedWalkAttack BehindAttack RightAttack LeftAttack Kill JumpLand JumpFly JumpTakeoff Flail Pray CastAttack WalkAttack Charging PivotLeft PivotRight Walk Talk Run GatherMine GatherHunt GatherFarm GatherChop Carry AutoLOS Unbuild HeroDeath TownBell BuckAttack Teleport CorpseDecay Boost Eat Explore LightningAttack Gate Swallow GetOnMover AutoMover Guard Trade ConvertAttack FreezeAttack Eject ChargedRangedAttack WhirlwindAttack Dropoff Gore Throw AutoGather Empower Use Regenerate Unused2 DiveBomb Pickup JumpMove Guide Attach Unused1 JumpAttack Light Lightning Thrown MoveAttack GatherPoint Dormant Freeze AreaAttack Birth AutoConvert Enter Wander Unused0 Work OverrideAnimation Train Research Repair RangedAttack MoveByGroup Move Idle Hunting Heal HandAttack Gather Decay Death Convert Build Bored LokiHero

A useful guide:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257883223

The ultimate modeling guide:
    http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11367

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 03-01-2018 @ 08:10 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    hoodedwarbler12
    Mortal
    posted 06 February 2011 02:19 PM EDT (US)     26 / 1329       
    Use resource hacker.

Anstar10
    Mortal
    posted 06 February 2011 10:09 PM EDT (US)     27 / 1329       
    cheezys anim editor might help...

~~~~~~ My Work | | | | Mods ~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~ | | | | Scenarios ~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ | | | | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~ Analysis | | | | Also my Website ~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~ | | | | ~~~~~~~~~~
    ᵇʸ ᵉᵘʳᵒᵗᵒᵒˡ | | | | ᵇʸ ᵉᵘʳᵒᵗᵒᵒˡ
    Ranfeld
    Mortal
    posted 07 February 2011 04:35 PM EDT (US)     28 / 1329       
    I tried Resource Hacker before notepad, but all it allowed me to do was edit the icon, and cursor.
    hoodedwarbler12
    Mortal
    posted 07 February 2011 08:05 PM EDT (US)     29 / 1329       
    cheezys anim editor might help...
    Where can I find it? Not in the downloads section.

Anstar10
    Mortal
    posted 07 February 2011 10:13 PM EDT (US)     30 / 1329       
    http://www.nocheineaoe.de/tools_aom.htm
    right click and go save as on the editor

~~~~~~ My Work | | | | Mods ~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~ | | | | Scenarios ~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ | | | | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~ Analysis | | | | Also my Website ~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~ | | | | ~~~~~~~~~~
    ᵇʸ ᵉᵘʳᵒᵗᵒᵒˡ | | | | ᵇʸ ᵉᵘʳᵒᵗᵒᵒˡ
    hoodedwarbler12
    Mortal
    posted 08 February 2011 06:10 PM EDT (US)     31 / 1329       
    Got it! Thanks!

hoodedwarbler12
    Mortal
    posted 12 February 2011 11:32 AM EDT (US)     32 / 1329       
    Is there anywhere I can find a step by step guide on making new units trainable? The Tech Editor Guide isn't very good for that.

Stephen Caines
    Mortal
    posted 15 February 2011 07:45 AM EDT (US)     33 / 1329       
    @hoodedwarbler12 - click on the three colored dots near the top right corner of the screen and select the file system option. This will allow you to scan your system for bitmaps. Remember that the bitmaps you use need to be 200% vertically of the normal bitmap you would use for your .ddt.

Vacchu had a good language.dll editor, but last time I changed PC's I could not find the input text source. Resource Hacker gets clunky when you run out of string space, but unless someone has the original Vacchu release, it is OK with some practice.

Visual Particles are stored in the Models.bar file. Sort by type and they are the .PRTs. They are code that runs a series of .tga files (9-12 played in cycles) and can be varied by replacing the images through a hex edit of the .prt. Somewhere in the code are things like size/speed etc, but I could never find them as a formula (e.g. what worked for one didn't for another). Just pick a .prt that is about the size you want and create the .tga files. They work like 12/4/0/5 bitmaps using grey-scale for transparency.

I'm pretty sure I covered making units trainable in the Intro to Modding.

@Ranfeld - If you do a search on the RENX extension to GMAX you will find a lot of import utilities - most are poorly documented, but if you persist, you can cut and paste most of the stuff in games of the same era as AOM:TT.

If you want to mod the AOM.exe look at the README file in my AOM:Z mod. It won't make it readable but it will tell you what (I know how) to change.
    hoodedwarbler12
    Mortal
    posted 21 February 2011 07:47 PM EDT (US)     34 / 1329       
    *All sigh*, another of my mysterious errors. For some reason, whenever I import a converted 3ds in gmax, even when it says it's looking for 3ds files, it tells me "improper file format". What could be wrong?

Stephen Caines
    Mortal
    posted 22 February 2011 00:21 AM EDT (US)     35 / 1329       
    @hoodedwarbler12 - I had this this problem when I do the .brg to .3ds conversion with AOMED 0.6c, but it is fine using version 0.6a. Also you can have problems if the convert option is selected when doing the import (bottom tick box). Use full replace, no convert and run the convert script separately.
    hoodedwarbler12
    Mortal
    posted 22 February 2011 04:37 PM EDT (US)     36 / 1329       
    It works now that I'm using 6a! Thanks so much!

Pudgey
    Mortal
    posted 26 February 2011 08:23 AM EDT (US)     37 / 1329       
    How do you change the music? Like add your own music to the game so you can play it while listening to your favorite music?
    numnut41
    Mortal
    posted 26 February 2011 12:44 PM EDT (US)     38 / 1329       
    Need HELP!!
    have a question about RMJ XS Gen random map editor.

where can i find a link to the tutorial on how to use this program? the one included link with the program no longer exists.
    Zenophobia
    Irrational Fear
    posted 28 February 2011 08:37 PM EDT (US)     39 / 1329       
    @Pudgey: Just move the mp3 file into your C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Age of Mythology/Sounds/Music folder and make a trigger to play it.

I have a question about godpowers

<power name="Meteor" type="meteor" techname="meteor>

This was taken from the top line of a meteor godpower.
    What does the type="meteor" mean?

When I look in lightning, it says type="lightning" and the format is different.

The Lightning storm format
    <strike>lightning strike</strike>
    <sparks>lightning sparks</sparks>
    <groundsparks>lightning sparks ground</groundsparks>
    <scorch>lightning scorch</scorch>
    <cloud>lightning cloud</cloud>
    <rain>lightning rain</rain>

The Meteor format
    <meteor>meteor</meteor>
    <splashsfx>Meteor Impact Water</splashsfx>
    <landsfx>Meteor Impact Ground</landsfx>

Why are they different? Is it because of the previously mentioned types?

Can I make my own type?

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-29-2094 @ 10:60 AM).]

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 02-28-2011 @ 08:58 PM).]

Stephen Caines
    Mortal
    posted 28 February 2011 09:56 PM EDT (US)     40 / 1329       
    The type in God Powers just refers to a piece of code that performs basic god power functions based on the parameters you give it. E.g. type meteor lets you shoot things from the sky, lightning provides a lightning attack. You them use the parameters to value how it works. The things you referenced are the proto units used is the sfx, you can also vary the number of projectiles, how the lightning is cast and so on.

You can change these aspects. I think Dnas did a chicken storm once based on the meteor is you want an example. alternatively you can just do things like change the colour of the lightning.

.... and I think to myself; what a wonderful world ... yeh!!!
    Zenophobia
    Irrational Fear
    posted 28 February 2011 10:42 PM EDT (US)     41 / 1329       
    oh...
    so, say I want the meteors to drop in a certain way. How do I do that? I looked through the godpowers. The closest I could get to what I wanted was Ancestors.

<createunit quantity="1" radius="6" delay="0.0" waterprotoid="Ghost Ship">minion</createunit>
    <createunit quantity="1" radius="8" delay="0.5" waterprotoid="Ghost Ship">minion</createunit>
    <createunit quantity="1" radius="10" delay="2.0" waterprotoid="Ghost Ship">minion</createunit>
    <createunit quantity="1" radius="6" delay="3.0" waterprotoid="Ghost Ship">minion</createunit>
    <createunit quantity="1" radius="8" delay="4.0" waterprotoid="Ghost Ship">minion</createunit>
    <createunit quantity="1" radius="10" delay="5.0" waterprotoid="Ghost Ship">minion</createunit>
    <createunit quantity="1" radius="6" delay="6.0" waterprotoid="Ghost Ship">minion</createunit>
    <createunit quantity="1" radius="8" delay="7.0" waterprotoid="Ghost Ship">minion</createunit>
    <createunit quantity="1" radius="10" delay="8.0" waterprotoid="Ghost Ship">minion</createunit>
    <createunit quantity="1" radius="6" delay="9.0" waterprotoid="Ghost Ship">minion</createunit>
    <createunit quantity="1" radius="8" delay="10.0" waterprotoid="Ghost Ship">minion</createunit>
    <createunit quantity="1" radius="10" delay="11.0" waterprotoid="Ghost Ship">minion</createunit>
    <createunit quantity="1" radius="12" delay="13.0" waterprotoid="Ghost Ship">minion</createunit>
    Instead of createunit, is there a dropmeteor command?

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 03-01-2011 @ 04:26 PM).]

Pudgey
    Mortal
    posted 01 March 2011 03:42 PM EDT (US)     42 / 1329       
    @Zenophobia Thanks but I can't find the music file when i try to make the trigger... It is just a list of reg music.
    Zenophobia
    Irrational Fear
    posted 01 March 2011 04:14 PM EDT (US)     43 / 1329       
    is it an mp3 file?

Stephen Caines
    Mortal
    posted 01 March 2011 05:27 PM EDT (US)     44 / 1329       
    Ancestors is one of the tempunit Godpowers and the only control you get is over placement. This could end up giving less control as you cannot guarantee the relative position of multiple units. With meteor it will target units and hit based on the accuracy level you set (e.g. accuracy = 1.0 is a guaranteed hit).

If you want to use a Tempunit GP it is up to you to design the anim_birth of the unit you place as this will have to do the effects.

If you go back to the meteor GP you can change the unit (and if you use variatonLogic for that unit you could have a range of them); and then you would use the radius, activetime and fast/slow strike time to vary the intensity of the storm. The damage model then determines the attack strength for each hit on enemy and allies (if you do not want to hurt allies just set them to zero). The end stuff (chance) determines the likely hood of a hit and how the hit unit will respond.

.... and I think to myself; what a wonderful world ... yeh!!!
    Zenophobia
    Irrational Fear
    posted 01 March 2011 09:23 PM EDT (US)     45 / 1329       
    yeah, thanks. Another question. I read the guide to making a godpower. I modded the meteor god power and did these instructions from the guide.

"Save the file and copy the .xml file into the godpowers folder, open AoM and an error box will pop up, it's ok, click it and continue, test your god power on the scenario editor (the error will have blocked any other god power from being used) test your god power, see if you like it and if you do, do the below:"

I started the game, but no error box. What's more, when I tested my god power out, my game crashed and I lost all the utilities of New X Editor 3. :/? Tried again with a different version of the god power and the same thing happened. Any idea what happened?

[This message has been edited by Zenophobia (edited 03-01-2011 @ 09:26 PM).]

hoodedwarbler12
    Mortal
    posted 02 March 2011 09:07 AM EDT (US)     46 / 1329       
    Try converting it to xmb and deleting the xml. This usually fixes it for me.

Zenophobia
    Irrational Fear
    posted 02 March 2011 09:04 PM EDT (US)     47 / 1329       
    i did that too, but it didn't even show up and i could use my other godpowers.

crazydragon
    Mortal
    posted 03 March 2011 03:22 PM EDT (US)     48 / 1329       
    anyone know whats up with the modpacks download section , the downloads r all broken
    hoodedwarbler12
    Mortal
    posted 03 March 2011 04:17 PM EDT (US)     49 / 1329       
    Some programming error from when the servers were down. Seems to involve time zones. Just let the seraphs fix it.

crazydragon
    Mortal
    posted 04 March 2011 01:37 PM EDT (US)     50 / 1329       
    anyone know if the bctool can move the life bar on .brg files , I know it was one of the features Emjer was working on , anyone know if he ever got it working , I need this so i can finish my new Titan models.

I saw the bctool thread was closed , any other news on that

ok i played around with the folstag cbrg file and found this line.

HITPOINTBAR:[0.0, 1.3969838619232178e-008, 4.71875],[0.0, 0.0, 1.0],[8.7078660726547241e-008, -1.0, 0.0],[-1.0, -8.7078660726547241e-008, 0.0]

so im guessing it can be raised by changing this, can anyone tell me what i need to do to raise it to Titan hight?

I thought i might be able to open a Titans cbrg and copy the hitpointbar from there , but i dont know if it will work I think the only Titan .brgs are Gais birth and death and on them the life bar moves.

ok i replaced the HITPOINTBAR line in folstags .cbrg with the one in Gaias birth , but i dont know how to convert the .cbrg back to a .brg , can anyone explane this to me.

[This message has been edited by crazydragon (edited 03-04-2011 @ 03:13 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 54  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames