You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1333 replies, Sticky
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Got a Question? Ask it Here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Got a Question? Ask it Here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 26 27 28 29 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 54  Next Page »
buppy
Mortal
(id: pubby8)
posted 21 January 2011 01:55 PM EDT (US)         
Post all modding/rms/ai questions in this thread.

Visit Programs and Tutorials for Modding/RMS/AI or the Modding Library for helpful resources.

FAQ:

•  I get an error that says "Initialization Failed" when I start my game after installing a mod. What do I do?
    This error is almost always caused by an improperly installed mod. Sometimes it's something else. Undo what you did and try again. If you're still having trouble, outline what you did here and we can help.

•  How can I easily view and edit the xpacklanguage.dll file?
    Download Resource Hacker, you can find it in one of the links above.

•  Is there a way to stop the player color from showing up in a texture?
    Cover the white bits in the bottom half of the texture file with black. That should solve it.

•  Is there anywhere I can find a list of all the possible VisualParticles for the anim files? ie. HeroGlow, Kronos Smoke, etc.
    Visual Particles are stored in the Models bar files. Extract, and sort by type. They are the .PRTs.
    These are code that run a series of .tga files (9-12 played in cycles) and can be varied by replacing the images through a hex edit of the .prt.
    Somewhere in the code are things like size/speed etc. but it's inconsistent. Just pick a .prt that is about the size you want and create the .tga files. They work like 12/4/0/5 bitmaps using grey-scale for transparency.

•  How do you change the music? ie. add your own music to the game so you can play it while listening to your favorite music?
    With this.

•  How can I make my own campaigns?
    Use this.

•  How can I change the names of the ai?
    See here.

•  How do I add multiple mods so they don't overwrite eachother?
    This will teach you how to edit your protox and add mods on top of eachother.

•  How can I make my own BAR files?
    Download this.

•  Where is the main game folder for the Steam version of AoM?
    Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Mythology.

Some tags from the aomx.exe:
    Hit Grunt Select MaxLOS Recover GatherFish TeleportOut TeleportIn GatherBush Closing Opening Closed Opened RangedWalkAttack BehindAttack RightAttack LeftAttack Kill JumpLand JumpFly JumpTakeoff Flail Pray CastAttack WalkAttack Charging PivotLeft PivotRight Walk Talk Run GatherMine GatherHunt GatherFarm GatherChop Carry AutoLOS Unbuild HeroDeath TownBell BuckAttack Teleport CorpseDecay Boost Eat Explore LightningAttack Gate Swallow GetOnMover AutoMover Guard Trade ConvertAttack FreezeAttack Eject ChargedRangedAttack WhirlwindAttack Dropoff Gore Throw AutoGather Empower Use Regenerate Unused2 DiveBomb Pickup JumpMove Guide Attach Unused1 JumpAttack Light Lightning Thrown MoveAttack GatherPoint Dormant Freeze AreaAttack Birth AutoConvert Enter Wander Unused0 Work OverrideAnimation Train Research Repair RangedAttack MoveByGroup Move Idle Hunting Heal HandAttack Gather Decay Death Convert Build Bored LokiHero

A useful guide:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257883223

The ultimate modeling guide:
    http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11367

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 03-01-2018 @ 08:10 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    XLightningStormL
    Mortal
    (id: TheBronyKing11)
    posted 19 September 2014 08:47 PM EDT (US)     676 / 1333       
    How do you convert Shadow Files Properly?

Because everytime i convert it properly it comes up with that stupid green text command panel, and it screws the texture up.

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
    WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 20 September 2014 00:41 AM EDT (US)     677 / 1333       
    Shadow files? Do you mean textures that have an alpha for a shadow effect? In that case convert the main menu logo texture and look what conversion type it used. Also make sure that the size is correct and the texture is saved 24bit and not 32bit. AoMed does not like such textures.

We cannot rely on luck to be successful.
    XLightningStormL
    Mortal
    posted 20 September 2014 02:03 AM EDT (US)     678 / 1333       
    Ahh Yes
    Also How any idea on how to do Transparent Textures? (I.e The Trees, the pots and that with out the background textures)

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
    WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 20 September 2014 02:17 AM EDT (US)     679 / 1333       
    Convert a tree texture and look at the conversion method. Then convert your images with that method and it should work.

XLightningStormL
    Mortal
    posted 20 September 2014 06:09 AM EDT (US)     680 / 1333       
    @WarriorMario
    What are DBIDs used for?

WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 20 September 2014 06:25 AM EDT (US)     681 / 1333       
    I think they're used in the exe to define certain things for units and techs when saving games. That's probably why the population counter gets messed up when playing with modded units.
    This is what I think it is, so it does not have to be true.

XLightningStormL
    Mortal
    posted 20 September 2014 06:34 AM EDT (US)     682 / 1333       
    @WarriorMario
    That, and/or I can guess it allows the A.I to Build/Train the Buildings/Units.

Because on one of the Units that the A.I Train (That don't have a mention in the ai files) it has a capital X instead of a lower case.

Other than That is there a way to get the A.I to build a mod building or train a mod unit without modding the AI files?

WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 20 September 2014 07:46 AM EDT (US)     683 / 1333       
    That's not true. The AI trains units on their types and not on their DBIDs. Somewhere in the AI there is a train plan which says "Train a lot of units of type {type}". Your unit probably has that type and thus it is trained by the AI.

The AI defines that type by looking at the enemy units and then searches for a countertype. So if you want the AI to train your units then give them the right typing and then the RNG gods will decide how many of those units will be trained as there are multiple options now.

Same should apply to buildings. Except for specific buildings like markets and settlements.

XLightningStormL
    Mortal
    posted 21 September 2014 09:07 PM EDT (US)     684 / 1333       
    For some reason some parts of the texture, after it goes through, turn invisible when certain animations play.

How can i fix this?

WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 22 September 2014 00:06 AM EDT (US)     685 / 1333       
    Change the conversion method from [0] to [1] or change the alpha.

crazydragon
    Mortal
    posted 01 October 2014 09:58 PM EDT (US)     686 / 1333       
    I finished Android GRRR's tutorial on 3dsmax and I can get the model to show in the editer, but the texture is still not working properly, I even hex edited the .brg to make sure the texture was names correctly. Can anyone offer any help with this?
    WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 02 October 2014 00:49 AM EDT (US)     687 / 1333       
    ABE doesnt load the textures yet. For now convert the ddt to tga and drag the texture into the slate material editor (google it if you don't know what I'm talking about) then apply it to the right material and enable the material in your viewport. I'm not sure but Androids guide guides you through this.

crazydragon
    Mortal
    posted 02 October 2014 10:23 PM EDT (US)     688 / 1333       
    yes the tutorial covers using the slate material editor , but im still having trouble getting my textures to show in aom ,

Ive gone over the tutorial 3 times,I don't get what im doing wrong.
    WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 03 October 2014 01:19 AM EDT (US)     689 / 1333       
    Do they show up white ingame?

crazydragon
    Mortal
    posted 03 October 2014 08:15 PM EDT (US)     690 / 1333       
    one was white maybe grayish, the other the body was black legs were white.
    WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 04 October 2014 00:33 AM EDT (US)     691 / 1333       
    Hmn make sure to apply the mulitmaterial to the model (the last item of the material chain in the slate material editor) also make sure that the ambient, specular and diffuse colours are applied. Especially specular can mess things up it has to be 0 in almost all cases.

crazydragon
    Mortal
    posted 04 October 2014 08:16 PM EDT (US)     692 / 1333       
    I think I did that right, The texture looks perfect in 3dsmax, its just ingame that the textures are messed up.
    Android 000
    Mortal
    (id: Android GRRR)
    posted 05 October 2014 11:33 AM EDT (US)     693 / 1333       
    Are you using AoM or AoMEE? The latter is a bit trickier as it requires separate material files. (You can obtain those from ABE but AoMEE's mod manager currently ignores them... Waiting for a patch.)
    TAG
    That AoM Guy
    (id: aom expert)
    posted 05 October 2014 09:36 PM EDT (US)     694 / 1333       
    I want the bare minimal amount of code that I have to put into an rms script when I want to use Stat Value (effect) in a trigger. And when do I really need to use variables in triggers?

Check out my YouTube
    For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
    crazydragon
    Mortal
    posted 06 October 2014 07:00 PM EDT (US)     695 / 1333       
    Im using AOM , I have AoMEE but im not modding it yet. a shame I cant get this to work, Its really holding me up.
    nottud
    Mortal
    posted 07 October 2014 07:56 AM EDT (US)     696 / 1333       
    @Thangbrand Aesirear: If you are using my RMS triggering system a single line is needed. I am at work so can't give you the command but if you open your typetest trigger file and scroll to stat trigger, the command you want is between Command tags. You need to fill in the parameters to what you want on the map. Note that you use the TECH ID not the NAME!

Alternatively create a map, inset the trigger you want to add and then run the map. Then look at the trigger temp file and it will have the command you want in the part where it is executing the trigger.
    Android 000
    Mortal
    posted 07 October 2014 03:26 PM EDT (US)     697 / 1333       
    crazydragon: Can you try to recreate what this guy did? He made some mistakes but I think he got the material part right!
    crazydragon
    Mortal
    posted 07 October 2014 09:45 PM EDT (US)     698 / 1333       
    Android GRRR

Thanks for the link , I get the texture working correctly when doing the tutorial now, I was doing one of the steps wrong. But on my new model the texture is still messed up, Ill have to play with it some more to see whats wrong.

In the video the guy was having a error when he tryed to run (import from max ) when i used Gmax the model had to be named Animated or it wouldent export, This also fixed this error . I left a comment on the video so others wont have this problem.

I dident see this covered in your tutorial, Did I just miss it?

Thanks again for your help.

[This message has been edited by crazydragon (edited 10-07-2014 @ 10:18 PM).]

Android 000
    Mortal
    posted 08 October 2014 05:33 AM EDT (US)     699 / 1333       
    Cool. Now that you've got the tutorial working I hope you can fix your model by playing around some more. You don't actually have to call your model 'Animated'; you can assign whatever name you want. (You're still thinking in AoMED terms here. ) The guy in the video didn't properly install ABE, that's why it wasn't working for him (see my comments in the second link I posted above).
    crazydragon
    Mortal
    posted 08 October 2014 08:19 PM EDT (US)     700 / 1333       
    that's strange, because I was getting the same error the other guy was getting untill I renamed the model to Animated , Then it worked fine, oh well as long as it works lol.

I am still having a problem , the tutorial works fine, but when I try the same thing with the sphere the texture is white> the textures not all white when I do it with my new model but its still not right.
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 26 27 28 29 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 54  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames