You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1328 replies, Sticky
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding » Got a Question? Ask it Here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Got a Question? Ask it Here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 47 48 49 50 51 ··· 53  Next Page »
buppy
Mortal
(id: pubby8)
posted 21 January 2011 01:55 PM EDT (US)         
Post all modding/rms/ai questions in this thread.

Visit Programs and Tutorials for Modding/RMS/AI or the Modding Library for helpful resources.

FAQ:

•  I get an error that says "Initialization Failed" when I start my game after installing a mod. What do I do?
    This error is almost always caused by an improperly installed mod. Sometimes it's something else. Undo what you did and try again. If you're still having trouble, outline what you did here and we can help.

•  How can I easily view and edit the xpacklanguage.dll file?
    Download Resource Hacker, you can find it in one of the links above.

•  Is there a way to stop the player color from showing up in a texture?
    Cover the white bits in the bottom half of the texture file with black. That should solve it.

•  Is there anywhere I can find a list of all the possible VisualParticles for the anim files? ie. HeroGlow, Kronos Smoke, etc.
    Visual Particles are stored in the Models bar files. Extract, and sort by type. They are the .PRTs.
    These are code that run a series of .tga files (9-12 played in cycles) and can be varied by replacing the images through a hex edit of the .prt.
    Somewhere in the code are things like size/speed etc. but it's inconsistent. Just pick a .prt that is about the size you want and create the .tga files. They work like 12/4/0/5 bitmaps using grey-scale for transparency.

•  How do you change the music? ie. add your own music to the game so you can play it while listening to your favorite music?
    With this.

•  How can I make my own campaigns?
    Use this.

•  How can I change the names of the ai?
    See here.

•  How do I add multiple mods so they don't overwrite eachother?
    This will teach you how to edit your protox and add mods on top of eachother.

•  How can I make my own BAR files?
    Download this.

•  Where is the main game folder for the Steam version of AoM?
    Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Mythology.

Some tags from the aomx.exe:
    Hit Grunt Select MaxLOS Recover GatherFish TeleportOut TeleportIn GatherBush Closing Opening Closed Opened RangedWalkAttack BehindAttack RightAttack LeftAttack Kill JumpLand JumpFly JumpTakeoff Flail Pray CastAttack WalkAttack Charging PivotLeft PivotRight Walk Talk Run GatherMine GatherHunt GatherFarm GatherChop Carry AutoLOS Unbuild HeroDeath TownBell BuckAttack Teleport CorpseDecay Boost Eat Explore LightningAttack Gate Swallow GetOnMover AutoMover Guard Trade ConvertAttack FreezeAttack Eject ChargedRangedAttack WhirlwindAttack Dropoff Gore Throw AutoGather Empower Use Regenerate Unused2 DiveBomb Pickup JumpMove Guide Attach Unused1 JumpAttack Light Lightning Thrown MoveAttack GatherPoint Dormant Freeze AreaAttack Birth AutoConvert Enter Wander Unused0 Work OverrideAnimation Train Research Repair RangedAttack MoveByGroup Move Idle Hunting Heal HandAttack Gather Decay Death Convert Build Bored LokiHero

A useful guide:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257883223

The ultimate modeling guide:
    http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11367

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 03-01-2018 @ 08:10 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 08 August 2016 11:03 PM EDT (US)     1201 / 1328       
    Acknowledge is used when you select the unit? Or when you give it a task? My knowledge about sounds is minimal sadly enough so I can't really help you but good that you figured it out.

We cannot rely on luck to be successful.
    WollieWoltaz
    Mortal
    posted 09 August 2016 04:47 AM EDT (US)     1202 / 1328       
    acknowledge is for walking around. "default"
    Select is for selecting the unit
    And attack is for attacking a unit. "enemy"

But now I know that there are 2 different ways of setting up the sounds_snds.xml. I used them both and they are working as it should.
    WollieWoltaz
    Mortal
    posted 10 August 2016 05:23 AM EDT (US)     1203 / 1328       
    2 questions:

*I know i can select and link attachpoints to the bones of a model but my question about this is when you look at the cyclops pick-up animation in 3ds max, you can see he's picking up the green attachpoint box at the time he's actually picking it up. So when he is with his arm in the air the attachpoint box isn't moving, but when he actually picks it up the attachpoint box moves with it. So i wanna how can i do that without the green box is moving with the bone all the time?
    Don't know if i explained it easy enough but...

* Titan prometheus has a chargeranged attack were he throws everytime 4 promethean ball of fire. So i used this on some mods i made but i used it as a summon attack and set the number of projectiles to like 30. But it never spawns 30 projectiles every time. Somethimes 20 or 22 or 25. So how can i make it so that it everytime spawns 30 projectiles?
    I know it depends on several parameters in the protox
    *AimBonus ??
    *AccuracyReductionFactor ??
    *accuracy
    *Maximumrange
    *Maxspread
    *Spreadfactor
    *NumberProjectiles
    *unintentionaldamagemultiplier ??
    *trackrating ??
    *volleymode ??
    *bounces ??
    *Obstructionradius.
    So how can I figure out the percentages/numbers i need to fill in so i can get this to work everytime?

Thanks,

[This message has been edited by WollieWoltaz (edited 08-10-2016 @ 05:32 AM).]

WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 10 August 2016 06:00 AM EDT (US)     1204 / 1328       
    1. You will have to animate it yourself. A hack for this is exporting to BRG then back into the ABE. Now all the bones are gone and you can just delete some animation keys when selecting the attachpoint. For grn models you will have to animate the bone.

2. In AoM if a projectile hits a unit the projectile will get deleted. If a unit gets deleted it won't have a death replacement. So theoretically it is impossible to achieve what you want, always summoning 30 units. This is because projectiles could always end up hitting a unit somehow. What you can do to prevent this is reducing the obstruction radius of the projectile, the trackrating of the unit, accuracy and aimbonus. Probably missed a few but these should get you a long way. Increasing the bounces also helps a lot as it will never hit a target before it has bounced enough.
    Another thing that might help is adding a placeanywhere tag on your spawned unit but I'm not sure if it will help and it will give you undesired side effects like spawning units in the sea, in trees or in impassible land.

We cannot rely on luck to be successful.
    WollieWoltaz
    Mortal
    posted 10 August 2016 10:16 AM EDT (US)     1205 / 1328       
    1. I got it so far that all the bones are gone now i just need to delete some keys at the appropriate key-frames while selecting the attachpoint. But i still need to link them right? but how can i select them as the mesh has no bones anymore? or should I link an attachpoint to a bone before exporting to .brg?
    And you talked about .grn files but AMP can't import or export them right?

2. I did some fiddling around with the specific parameters and the best i've got was 14 projectiles and everytime he summons/spawns 13/14 projectiles. But it depends on a lot.
    And in my opinion it has a lot to to with the obstructionradius from the projectile and from the unit it's attacking. but not entirely sure though...

And what about those parameters? can you explain to me what they exactly will do? I have some slighty ideas of some of them, but i'm not sure.

*Trackrating= it's basically at what speed of the target units an acher/building starts to miss??. So a priets with track rating 6 can hit anything that moves equal to slower than 6m/s. They might still hit if the target moves at higher speeds, but that's more based on luck.

*Heightbonusmultiplier = is it a bonus in damage for being higher than the opponent for most ranged attacks? so for example you got a multiplier from 1.25 it will do 25% attack bonus?

*Unintentionaldamagemultiplier = when attack miss then the projectile does damage to another?

*Maxpread = How much the projectile can spread. Can you explain it bit more about this one?

*SpreadFactor = The spreadrate of a projectile while flying in the air??

Aimbonus??
    Accuracyreductionfactor??
    Volleymode??

Poison = Does It continues doing a small amount of damage to that unit over a short period of time?, even if its not being attacked. You can tell which units have been 'poisoned' as such, because a little green aura appears around them. I believe their special attack also ignores the target's armor not sure though?. Don't think it works on myth unit or does it?

MuteDamage = Will it disable any sounds when hitting target? and only being used for gp's and special attack like freeze/stone/argus-freeze, because they have there own sounds?

Bounces = How many the projectile bounces on the ground before hitting the target?

SingleUse = Only used on areaattack and special attacks like freeze/stone/argus-freeze? but what does it mean excactly?

Like to know some more details about these ones...

3. Also I did read your "Age of Mythology Modding Guide" on the steamcommunity, and I saw some protox lines that are never being used in the original protox. So also this line
    <ContainedSpeedBonus>Number</ContainedSpeedBonus>

So i used it on one of my mods and set a number to it but then i want to garrison him in a transport ship in the hope it increases the speed of the transport ship but then it get's bugged and it crashed my game? Why is that?

Kind regards,
    VitalFraction
    Mortal
    posted 10 August 2016 11:55 AM EDT (US)     1206 / 1328       
    Hi,

I'm trying to create some custom triggers [typetest.xml], but got stuck when trying to fetch the ID of an army selected as param.

I've tried narrowing down the code, and this is what I've got:

<effect name=" log army ID (NEED FIX)">
    <param name="selection" vartype="group" dispname="Selection">default</param>
    <command>trChatSend(0, "Army: %selection%");</command>
    <command>trChatSend(0, "" + kbArmyGetID("%selection%"));</command>
    </effect>

Output:

Army: 1, 10

Of course, -1 is an 'error' response. Do you know what the problem is or which method would you recommend to save strings? I have to read the string several times afterwards.

Thx

i deleted the topic of this after i found this thread)

EDIT: I've just discovered TriggerLoaderX, which supports strings. It should work fine with that library!

EDIT2: i fixed it with kbArmyCreate(), which didn't work right previously due to the wrong xs userxontext.

[This message has been edited by VitalFraction (edited 08-10-2016 @ 07:14 PM).]

WollieWoltaz
    Mortal
    posted 18 August 2016 12:24 PM EDT (US)     1207 / 1328       
    Someone has an answer to the previous questions I asked ?

And another question: Can Aom:TT's engine support bumpmaps? And what about EE?
    Izalith
    Mortal
    (id: Lilitu)
    posted 20 August 2016 02:00 PM EDT (US)     1208 / 1328       
    Hello,

I asked there (> http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=19,29786,,20 ) a while ago and was refered to this thread.

In short:
    I would like to change the "Fortified Towncenter" upgrade. The new version should:
    -> Fortify only the Towncenter which researched it and no other.
    -> Still take time to research. (not just transform Unit immediately)

Each time you build a Towncenter in Age3/Age4 you should be able to research the Fortification, which makes it stronger and change the anim to the stronger Version.

If there is a way to do this.. with techtreex/protox probably, pls answer.
    ind10s
    Mortal
    posted 23 August 2016 07:51 PM EDT (US)     1209 / 1328       
    hey ppl, wanted to ask if there is a way to change text color on campaing dialogs, from white to red for example.
    XLightningStormL
    Mortal
    (id: TheBronyKing11)
    posted 24 August 2016 00:53 AM EDT (US)     1210 / 1328       
    @Lilitu

Try using Unittransform much like how Villies can be made Ulfsarks for Norse.

@ind10s
    there should be a uicampaign thing somewhere in the data2.bar, just look around for hex/color stuff in that or something idk.

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038

[This message has been edited by XLightningStormL (edited 08-24-2016 @ 00:54 AM).]

Izalith
    Mortal
    (id: Lilitu)
    posted 25 August 2016 01:29 PM EDT (US)     1211 / 1328       
    Hello,

I tried unittransform, but it transformed instantly without research time.

Makeing a Unittransform for a unit creates a button in a specific row/column on that units menue, like you can see for ulfsark-transformation aswell as for atlantean heroes. But it's no good for defensive buildings if that transformation happens instantly, I still wanted research time.
    WollieWoltaz
    Mortal
    posted 05 October 2016 12:07 PM EDT (US)     1212 / 1328       
    Can someone explain to me what the parameters mean who I stated some time ago in my previous question in this topic?

And about the bump-maps support for Aom:TT?

And I also like to know if someone can explain what determinds when a visualparticle for a special attack is being showed up? Is it the "tag attack" in the anim file or has it to do with the attachpoint. Or is it determind in the .prt file itself? like starting time/end-time etc...

HOpe someone can give me some further knowledge.
    TAG
    That AoM Guy
    (id: aom expert)
    posted 25 October 2016 11:29 AM EDT (US)     1213 / 1328       
    There's a Q&A up there in the FAQ about VisualParticles. Any help?

Check out my YouTube
    For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
    WollieWoltaz
    Mortal
    posted 25 October 2016 12:22 PM EDT (US)     1214 / 1328       
    Yes a little will try and see what i can do with the speed and size of particular visualparticles even though it is inconsistent. And i'm not sure which specific lines of code to change but I will fiddle around a bit.
    It's also possible to do it with attachpoints but then i will need to animate it with the attack-animation so that would be a bit trickier.

You might also know the answer to question 2?
    Thanks,
    TheConfusedOne
    Mortal
    posted 29 October 2016 10:29 AM EDT (US)     1215 / 1328       
    Hi, could someone tell me why copying the constant boost ability of the Fenris Wolf Myth Unit doesn't seem to work? I added it to Amanra and changed the unittype of the rate param to Axeman, which didn't seem to work, then I changed it to Amanra and it still didn't work, even thought I had multiple Amanras next to eachother.

What am I doing wrong?
    WollieWoltaz
    Mortal
    posted 30 October 2016 09:03 AM EDT (US)     1216 / 1328       
    You also need to define it in the amanra_anim file. I think you need to connect it with an attachpoint.

[This message has been edited by WollieWoltaz (edited 10-30-2016 @ 09:03 AM).]

TheConfusedOne
    Mortal
    posted 30 October 2016 09:35 PM EDT (US)     1217 / 1328       
    What would I need to define? The Fenris Wolf doesn't have any animations for the passive boost ability.
    WollieWoltaz
    Mortal
    posted 31 October 2016 12:48 PM EDT (US)     1218 / 1328       
    No your right. If I understand you correct you copied the boost attack from the fenris wolf, but that boost ability has different parameters in the protox file then arkantos/general melagius and the Einheriar myth-unit.

Fenris Wolf

<action name="Boost">
    <param name="MaximumRange" value1="25.0"></param>
    <param name="Persistent"></param>
    <param name="Rate" type="Fenris Wolf" value1="1.15"></param>
    </action>

Arkantos/General Melagius
    <action name="Boost">
    <param name="MaximumRange" value1="10"></param>
    <param name="Rate" type="Unit" value1="1.5"></param>
    <param name="Inactive"></param>
    <param name="GiveAttackBoost"></param>
    </action>

And fenris wolf doesn't have a Fenris Wolf Boost SFX anim file and isn't defined in the protox entry.
    So I think you need to copy the boost attack from arkantos or general melagius and past it at amanra's protox entry. And make a anim file and give it this name:
    Amanra Boost SFX_anim.txt and copy the visualparticle from arkantos boost SFX or melagius into it and save it.
    And copy the Arkantos boost sfx in your protox to the bottom and rename it to Amanra Boost SFX and save it. I think that should do the trick. If that doesn't work either then I'll will try it myself. Let me know.

Regards,

[This message has been edited by WollieWoltaz (edited 10-31-2016 @ 12:51 PM).]

TheConfusedOne
    Mortal
    posted 31 October 2016 05:04 PM EDT (US)     1219 / 1328       
    The thing is, I want the passive boost. Fenris Wolves augment eachother's strength just by being close to eachother, while Arkantos/Einheriar/Melagius have an active ability with a cooldown time and that only boosts other units' attacks for a couple seconds.
    The active boost ability from those units works, but I can't get the passive from the Fenris Wolf to work.
    Zaphragor
    Mortal
    (id: Coca_Cola93)
    posted 01 November 2016 12:40 PM EDT (US)     1220 / 1328       
    I have that code in my green horde mod. Try that
    <action name="Boost">
    <param name="MaximumRange" value1="25.0"></param>
    <param name="GiveAttackBoost"></param>
    <param name="Persistent"></param>
    <param name="Rate" type="Orc warrior" value1="1.1"></param>
    <param name="Rate" type="Orc raider" value1="1.1"></param>
    <param name="Rate" type="Orc desert warrior" value1="1.1"></param>
    </action>

Uruk-Hai, Skeleton Warriors, Green horde, Khorne Berserker, Dwarfs
    Attention!>Wrong english grammar are special effects and wanted from my keyboard<Attention!

The more there is to hide, the more there's to uncover.
    So welcome to the other side.
    This trip here is hell...
    WollieWoltaz
    Mortal
    posted 07 November 2016 11:35 AM EDT (US)     1221 / 1328       
    Does AoM's engine have problems with the replactetexture syntax for "nomip alpha=4" bti files?

I have a model in my editor and it uses 2 textures "clefthoofdraenor_dark and clefthoofdraenor_dark2.

And clefthoofdraenor_dark2 needs to be transparant, so I put this in my bti file: "nomip alpha=4" and it looks good, no problems. But I wanna use 4 replacetexture functions on every animation, so the idle animation in my anim file looks like this:

//==============================================================================
    anim Idle
    {
    SetSelector
    {
    VariationLogic
    SetSelector
    {
    set hotspot
    {
    version
    {
    Visual clefthoof_idle
    }
    }
    }
    SetSelector
    {
    set hotspot
    {
    version
    {
    Visual clefthoof_idle
    ReplaceTexture clefthoofdraenor_dark/clefthoofdraenor_blue
    ReplaceTexture clefthoofdraenor_dark2/clefthoofdraenor_blue2
    }
    }
    }
    SetSelector
    {
    set hotspot
    {
    version
    {
    Visual clefthoof_idle
    ReplaceTexture clefthoofdraenor_dark/clefthoofdraenor_gray
    ReplaceTexture clefthoofdraenor_dark2/clefthoofdraenor_gray2
    }
    }
    }
    SetSelector
    {
    set hotspot
    {
    version
    {
    Visual clefthoof_idle
    ReplaceTexture clefthoofdraenor_dark/clefthoofdraenor_red
    ReplaceTexture clefthoofdraenor_dark2/clefthoofdraenor_red2
    }
    }
    }
    SetSelector
    {
    set hotspot
    {
    version
    {
    Visual clefthoof_idle
    ReplaceTexture clefthoofdraenor_dark/clefthoofdraenor_pale
    ReplaceTexture clefthoofdraenor_dark2/clefthoofdraenor_pale2
    }
    }
    }

}
    }

But now ONLY the official texture (clefthoofdraenor_dark - clefthoofdraenor_dark2 defined in the actual .brg file is working including the transparant part of the model. So the other 4 transparant textures (clefthoofdraenor_blue2 - clefthoofdraenor_gray2 - clefthoofdraenor_red2 - clefthoofdraenor_pale2 aren't transparant at all.
    Is this a bug or did I made a mistake? And can this only be fixed by hex-editing the .brg file? Or are there other solutions?

Thanks,
    Zaphragor
    Mortal
    (id: Coca_Cola93)
    posted 13 November 2016 12:06 PM EDT (US)     1222 / 1328       
    Is it possible to use the variationLogic and experiencelogic in the same anim define?

Let's say I have a unit with 3 different heads as a variation. In example the standard hoplite, standard spearman and standard jarl head.
    Is is possible to give them 3 other different heads like the champion hoplite, champion spearman and champion jarl head, after reaching experience lvl 100?

Uruk-Hai, Skeleton Warriors, Green horde, Khorne Berserker, Dwarfs
    Attention!>Wrong english grammar are special effects and wanted from my keyboard<Attention!

The more there is to hide, the more there's to uncover.
    So welcome to the other side.
    This trip here is hell...
    TAG
    That AoM Guy
    (id: aom expert)
    posted 13 November 2016 04:41 PM EDT (US)     1223 / 1328       
    I use more than one logic in this mod so I don't see why it wouldn't work with any logic.

Check out my YouTube
    For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
    poehyrulian
    Mortal
    posted 21 November 2016 06:22 PM EDT (US)     1224 / 1328       
    would anyone know how to make an effect where units can garrison inside a colossus unit and give the colossus unit a special ranged garrison attack? so far i have figured out how to allow units to garrison inside and give the colossus range but its useless because even tho it has a ranged attack no arrows are being slung. he just stands still like hes attacking but doesnt actually fire an arrow. this as well negates his ability to do melee attacks unless hes within a very close range.

[This message has been edited by poehyrulian (edited 11-21-2016 @ 09:07 PM).]

WollieWoltaz
    Mortal
    posted 11 December 2016 04:22 PM EDT (US)     1225 / 1328       
    Is it possible to add more heronames without overriding the original names of the pharoah/Hersir?? I tried adding a new flag <flag>HeroName3</flag>
    And also defined it in the heronames.xml but that doesn't work.
    And when I add the standard HeroName2 flag to my new units it always reference to the norse/egypt names.
    So is there a way to do this or is it hardcoded?
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 47 48 49 50 51 ··· 53  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames