You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1314 replies, Sticky
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding » Got a Question? Ask it Here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Got a Question? Ask it Here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 51 52 53  Next Page »
buppy
Citizen
(id: pubby8)
posted 21 January 2011 01:55 PM EDT (US)         
Post all modding/rms/ai questions in this thread.

Visit Programs and Tutorials for Modding/RMS/AI or the Modding Library for helpful resources.

FAQ:

•  I get an error that says "Initialization Failed" when I start my game after installing a mod. What do I do?
    This error is almost always caused by an improperly installed mod. Sometimes it's something else. Undo what you did and try again. If you're still having trouble, outline what you did here and we can help.

•  How can I easily view and edit the xpacklanguage.dll file?
    Download Resource Hacker, you can find it in one of the links above.

•  Is there a way to stop the player color from showing up in a texture?
    Cover the white bits in the bottom half of the texture file with black. That should solve it.

•  Is there anywhere I can find a list of all the possible VisualParticles for the anim files? ie. HeroGlow, Kronos Smoke, etc.
    Visual Particles are stored in the Models bar files. Extract, and sort by type. They are the .PRTs.
    These are code that run a series of .tga files (9-12 played in cycles) and can be varied by replacing the images through a hex edit of the .prt.
    Somewhere in the code are things like size/speed etc. but it's inconsistent. Just pick a .prt that is about the size you want and create the .tga files. They work like 12/4/0/5 bitmaps using grey-scale for transparency.

•  How do you change the music? ie. add your own music to the game so you can play it while listening to your favorite music?
    With this.

•  How can I make my own campaigns?
    Use this.

•  How can I change the names of the ai?
    See here.

•  How do I add multiple mods so they don't overwrite eachother?
    This will teach you how to edit your protox and add mods on top of eachother.

•  How can I make my own BAR files?
    Download this.

•  Where is the main game folder for the Steam version of AoM?
    Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Mythology.

Some tags from the aomx.exe:
    Hit Grunt Select MaxLOS Recover GatherFish TeleportOut TeleportIn GatherBush Closing Opening Closed Opened RangedWalkAttack BehindAttack RightAttack LeftAttack Kill JumpLand JumpFly JumpTakeoff Flail Pray CastAttack WalkAttack Charging PivotLeft PivotRight Walk Talk Run GatherMine GatherHunt GatherFarm GatherChop Carry AutoLOS Unbuild HeroDeath TownBell BuckAttack Teleport CorpseDecay Boost Eat Explore LightningAttack Gate Swallow GetOnMover AutoMover Guard Trade ConvertAttack FreezeAttack Eject ChargedRangedAttack WhirlwindAttack Dropoff Gore Throw AutoGather Empower Use Regenerate Unused2 DiveBomb Pickup JumpMove Guide Attach Unused1 JumpAttack Light Lightning Thrown MoveAttack GatherPoint Dormant Freeze AreaAttack Birth AutoConvert Enter Wander Unused0 Work OverrideAnimation Train Research Repair RangedAttack MoveByGroup Move Idle Hunting Heal HandAttack Gather Decay Death Convert Build Bored LokiHero

A useful guide:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257883223

The ultimate modeling guide:
    http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11367

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 03-01-2018 @ 08:10 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    WarriorMario
    Citizen
    posted 14 March 2018 01:33 AM EDT (US)     1276 / 1314       
    In 3ds max there is an animation curve tool thingy. It defaults to smooth curves but you can straighten the lines.
    The player colour thing is a bit odd, I don't see why it is not possible. I think I did it before but I could be wrong.

We cannot rely on luck to be successful.
    Callistonian
    Citizen
    posted 14 March 2018 01:58 AM EDT (US)     1277 / 1314       
    There are two track views in 3ds, curve editor and dope sheet. If you translate a mesh in space, yes you can linearize the interpolation in the curve editor fairly easily. But the problem is UV keys don't even show up in the curve editor or the dope sheet and there is no other obvious way to linearize them. I haven't been able to find anything in the help documents/forums/YouTube about it either. Seems like most people's idea of 'animating textures' is transitioning between various diffuse maps which is controlled in the material editor.

If you do know a way to animate player color, please let me know.
    WarriorMario
    Citizen
    posted 14 March 2018 02:18 AM EDT (US)     1278 / 1314       
    I think there is a filter somewhere that hides away UV keys but I can remember that 3ds max tends to hide them away and sometimes recreating them was the only way to make them show up.

Callistonian
    Citizen
    posted 14 March 2018 02:39 AM EDT (US)     1279 / 1314       
    It seems from my testing that it wouldn't make a difference because the BRG doesn't save the differentials at the keys even for spatial transformations. So if I have a spinning disk, I can make the animation loop seamlessly in Max by linearizing or making the interpolations step functions at the keys. But when I export none of that gets saved so the result in-game is a very visible "jump" between last and first frames that seems to match the default "curvy" (non-zero second derivative) interpolation.
    WarriorMario
    Citizen
    posted 14 March 2018 03:10 AM EDT (US)     1280 / 1314       
    AoM doesn't indeed have those fancy curves but the vertex data is taken from a position on the curve which could give a wrong result when smooth, especially when doing rotations.

The issue you are describing now is a different one. I 3ds max loops back from the last frame to the first while AoM removes the last or adds one more I'm not sure exactly anymore. I think it adds one but it as been a while since I animated something. Death animations have a special flag to ignore this but if you check them out in the animation viewer you can still see them trying to loop back to the last frame I think.

Things to try are dragging the last key frame after the last visible spot or dragging the first frame after the last visible spot. Something along those lines will fix your issue.

A good example of this would be an rotating animation in AoM. Kronos wonder or the atlantean mill.

Callistonian
    Citizen
    posted 14 March 2018 03:24 AM EDT (US)     1281 / 1314       
    I think I was confused by the fact that linearizing the keys for a regular animation in Max does make it seamless because it eliminates the "speeding up and slowing down" at the beginning and end. But this isn't why animations exported to AoM are discontinuous.

The rotating models in AoM like the guild are missing the last key frame as you suggested. So it looks like they 'jump' in 3ds, but the game engine interpolates correctly. So the trick is to just remove your last key for a seamless loop in 3ds.

Verified: yep, this is exactly what you have to do. If I had a 120 frame animation with keys every 10 frames, I simply reduce the length to 110 killing the last key (ideally, I would reset the animation length to 120 and move the keys, but meh).

Thanks for your help WM.

[This message has been edited by Callistonian (edited 03-14-2018 @ 03:28 AM).]

Petitomi
    Citizen
    posted 03 April 2018 05:27 PM EDT (US)     1282 / 1314       
    Hy all ! How could I change the symbols on the flags/banners? For example: Poseidon's fork to a Lion
    I'm a begginer, but I have a Big dream, and plan : Game of thrones, AoM style ! The Whole game !
    Pls help me with the flags !
    Callistonian
    Citizen
    posted 04 April 2018 00:04 AM EDT (US)     1283 / 1314       
    @Petitomi - You will need to edit the textures for the flag model. Man, you're going to learn how to mod with this project. Apps you will need:

Notepad++: https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v7.5.6.html (get the HEX editor plugin)

Texture Converter Tool (if you're modding EE): http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=10791

AOM Edit (if you're modding TT): http://aom.heavengames.com/scendesign/modding/mod_resources

Gimp: https://www.gimp.org/ (you can also use Adobe Photoshop but it's expensive)

Pre-Step for TT - if you're modding TT, you will need to use AoMED to extract data.bar, anim.bar, anim2.bar, models.bar, and models2.bar.

Step 1 - find the proto name of the flag you want to base your new flag on (after extracting data.bar for TT, it will be in protox.xml, for EE, just look in your data folder for proto2.5.xml), here is a video on finding the proto name of an object if you only know the display name.

Step 2 - make a copy of this proto unit from to , give it a new name and ID number that are unique, for example, <unit id="100000" name="Lannister Flag Small">

Step 3 - in your anim folder (after extracting in TT), run a search for the proto name of the original flag (that you based your new flag on), when you find the file, make a copy and rename it so that it matches your new proto name, for example Lannister Flag Small_anim.txt.

Step 4 - open up your new anim file in Notepad or Notepad++ and find the pertinent model name, it should look something like this:

anim Idle
    {
    SetSelector
    {
    set hotspot
    {
    Visual (BRG MODEL NAME HERE)
    }
    }
    }
    Copy the model name after "Visual". Keep the anim file open.

Step 4 - search for this model name in your models folder (once you have extracted models and models2.bar), when you find the model, open the BRG in Notepad++, then go to Plugins>HEX Editor (if you don't have it installed, install the plugin), then view in HEX, scroll down near the end of the document in HEX view, there will be a MTRL name that will show the name of the textures the model uses, hopefully there will be only one (I think all the flags in AoM just use one texture each), make a note of the texture name

Step 5 - go back to your anim file, make a new line to replace the texture that should look something like this:

anim Idle
    {
    SetSelector
    {
    set hotspot
    {
    Visual (BRG MODEL NAME HERE)
    ReplaceTexture (texture name you looked up in HEX)/Lannister Flag Small Texture (or your own texture name)
    }
    }
    }

Step 6 - find the original texture in your textures folder (you will need to extract the BAR if you use TT), use the texture converter tool (for EE) or AoMED (for TT) to convert the DDT file to a BMP (TT) or TGA (EE)

Step 7 - rename the BMP or TGA to whatever you want, for example, Lannister Small Flag Texture.tga. Open it in Gimp. For TT, you will see a color part on top and a black and white part below. The color part is... well color. The black and white part shows player color or transparency (white=player color). In EE, it's much easier, you just righ-click the layer, to to Add Layer Mask>Transfer Layer's Alpha Channel then you can switch between alpha and RGB channels easily. Here is a good video on working with Gimp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeARzSgm6JA&t=346s

Here is another video specifically on editing player color in Gimp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SLb9LryIw8

Step 8 - Once you're done editing your flag texture, export it to BMP or TGA and then use the texture converter or AoMED to compress it back to DDT.

For TT, you can recompile the BAR libraries if you want, otherwise, just leave your edited files in the folder without putting them in a BAR and the game will still use them. For EE, just put everything in the right folders, no BAR files If you're just wanting to overwrite the vanilla flags instead of making new flags, just skip steps 1-5.

Hope this helps. Contact me on Steam if you need more help. It seems like a simple mod to make, but as I wrote all this, I realized it's probably not obvious for novices.
    Izalith
    Citizen
    (id: Lilitu)
    posted 06 May 2018 09:16 PM EDT (US)     1284 / 1314       
    Hello,

in the texture files I found a file named
    world e statue anubite

by the looks of it it might be a reskin to the set major god statue. Has anyone applied this texture on any fitting unit yet? What does it look like?

thx

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Steam: Order of Azarath
    TAG
    That AoM Guy
    (id: aom expert)
    posted 07 May 2018 06:16 AM EDT (US)     1285 / 1314       
    http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=10825

Check out my YouTube
    For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
    Izalith
    Citizen
    posted 07 May 2018 07:01 AM EDT (US)     1286 / 1314       
    kk, thx. I was expecting a normal statue because there is a "base" texture too, but well, it fit's on the normal Anubite.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Aralis
    Citizen
    posted 26 May 2018 11:24 PM EDT (US)     1287 / 1314       
    So I've been messing with the proto file just to see what I can pull off successfully but I've run into some odd behaviors with some projectiles.Namely the Vermilion Bird Fireball and the Ball of Fire Invisible projectiles.

What I'm not understanding is why when you increase the range of any unit using this projectile,anything outside it's absolute maximum range causes the projectile to fizzle and not trigger its deathreplacement effect. Is there anyway to make a carrier projectile like this function at every effective range for the unit using something similar ?

My other question was why certain units; specifically handattack action units like the White Tiger have the invisible ball of fire referenced in their unit definition.

Is someone able to clarify what exactly is going on ?

[This message has been edited by Aralis (edited 05-26-2018 @ 11:27 PM).]

Izalith
    Citizen
    posted 29 May 2018 09:45 PM EDT (US)     1288 / 1314       
    Can walls be placed in RMS maps?

Like Wall Connectors and Long Walls in a matter that they look right.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

TAG
    That AoM Guy
    (id: aom expert)
    posted 10 June 2018 06:15 AM EDT (US)     1289 / 1314       
    no

Check out my YouTube
    For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
    FunnyMaster
    Citizen
    posted 20 June 2018 06:40 AM EDT (US)     1290 / 1314       
    Hello everyone,
    Is it possible to make AI rush with modpack units? Like:
    //We always want 2 Norse heroes.
    createSimpleMaintainPlan(cUnitTypeHeroNorse, 2, false, kbBaseGetMainID(cMyID));
    but for modpack? How is it possible to create something like "cUnitTypeMyModpack"? Waiting for your answer soon!

Best regards, FunnyMaster

[This message has been edited by FunnyMaster (edited 06-20-2018 @ 06:40 AM).]

Loggy
    Citizen
    posted 27 June 2018 01:31 PM EDT (US)     1291 / 1314       
    You don't need a constant: its actual value is given in the proto entry, and you can use the number instead of the constant. At least in the EE proto:

<unit id="495" name="Hero Norse">

So you could just use 495 instead of cUnitTypeHeroNorse, and it'd be fine with that. Equally, you could define constants for all your custom units:

const int cUnitTypeMyModpack = 495; // or whatever id you used for your mod units
    FunnyMaster
    Citizen
    posted 30 June 2018 08:35 AM EDT (US)     1292 / 1314       
    Thanks Loggy, BUT
    sometimes when I write

createSimpleMaintainPlan(cUnitTypeAssassin, 4, false, kbBaseGetMainID(cMyID));
    the AI is not going to compile. AND how is it possible to make AI rush Assassins in battle, like greeks rush toxotes?
    Waiting for the answer!

[This message has been edited by FunnyMaster (edited 06-30-2018 @ 08:37 AM).]

Loggy
    Citizen
    posted 30 June 2018 06:09 PM EDT (US)     1293 / 1314       
    Did you define cUnitTypeAssassin?
    FunnyMaster
    Citizen
    posted 07 July 2018 08:49 AM EDT (US)     1294 / 1314       
    Nah...
    I'm so new in AI scripting and I'm pretty foolish... Whatever.
    BTW, mod questions:
    Can we make units ranged attack while walking and how?
    Why everyone says dat protox unit IDs must be in order, like 800-801, HOWEVER IT WORKS FINE WITH ID 898998 OR # AND 4 UNITS WITH ID 801? WHY?
    Why Kemsyt sword becomes black when he walks?
    Why does xpacklanguage.dll have strange strings like these (written exactly as they are):
    11455,"This is a cool tech that did nothing for you."
    11512,"Mystery Unit 5"
    11710,"I am a test string"
    21793,"Coffee"
    21950,"hacker"
    41708,"Mlayer 9"
    41710,"Tlayer 9"
    41711,"Alayer 9"
    41712,"Clayer 9"
    42342,"SKIPPED"
    42404,"Greg"
    42405,"Marsha"
    42406,"Peter"
    42407,"Jan"
    42408,"Bobby"
    42409,"Cindy"
    42410,"Alice"
    42527,"NOT USED"
    42605,"M"
    42606,"P"
    42709,"Pother Nature"
    44506,"CineCirce"
    44509,"CineHeroes"
    45008,"Mlayer 2"
    47559,"Neutral guys"
    Is it possible to make units fly on very low height?
    Is it possible to make unit look different to player that it belongs to?
    Hoping it's possible to answer...

[This message has been edited by FunnyMaster (edited 07-10-2018 @ 00:32 AM).]

Izalith
    Citizen
    posted 23 July 2018 01:16 AM EDT (US)     1295 / 1314       
    What is the easiest way to size up units?

Like I'd like to put some number to 200% ship size & have the collison box fitting correctly without having to install & learn blender. But I dunno anything about the models... o.o

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

LoweLess
    Citizen
    posted 08 August 2018 09:01 AM EDT (US)     1296 / 1314       
    Hi guys, it has been 6 years since I last visited AOMH, I don't even remember my password for old account nor mail 'o0_Drago_0o' :P

I'm making a new mod with new animations and particles for trees and i have found out that only pine trees (dead, snowy, pine) have CHIN attachment, all the other trees have only ATTACHPOINT on ground (looks like ES did not finished that up). I need to add CHIN attachment to the rest of the tree models, I know there is ABE for this but I don't know how to do it, can someone give me advice or hint, possible link on tutorial section to 'add attachments into existing models'?

[This message has been edited by LoweLess (edited 08-08-2018 @ 12:58 PM).]

Yiome
    Citizen
    posted 10 August 2018 01:05 AM EDT (US)     1297 / 1314       

I have a question: how to add alpha textures in the disk version?
    Bmp or ddt.
    LoweLess
    Citizen
    posted 10 August 2018 06:03 AM EDT (US)     1298 / 1314       
    What you mean by 'disk version' ? game version? Just use AoMeD?
    Yiome
    Citizen
    posted 10 August 2018 08:26 PM EDT (US)     1299 / 1314       
    @loweless

Aomx version, not extended.

This happened when i used aomed.

This is the UVW:

also the textures are less illuminated in the game

[This message has been edited by Yiome (edited 08-10-2018 @ 08:33 PM).]

WollieWoltaz
    Citizen
    posted 11 August 2018 06:05 AM EDT (US)     1300 / 1314       
    @Yiome

Try adding a .bti file with "nomip alpha=4" and name it the same as your texture.

All of my Modpacks:
    Download here at AomHeaven.
    Subscribe in the workshop for the Extended Edition version.
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 51 52 53  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames