You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1380 replies, Sticky
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Got a Question? Ask it Here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Got a Question? Ask it Here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 52 53 54 55 56  Next Page »
buppy
Mortal
(id: pubby8)
posted 21 January 2011 01:55 PM EDT (US)         
Post all modding/rms/ai questions in this thread.

Visit Programs and Tutorials for Modding/RMS/AI or the Modding Library for helpful resources.

FAQ:

•  I get an error that says "Initialization Failed" when I start my game after installing a mod. What do I do?
    This error is almost always caused by an improperly installed mod. Sometimes it's something else. Undo what you did and try again. If you're still having trouble, outline what you did here and we can help.

•  How can I easily view and edit the xpacklanguage.dll file?
    Download Resource Hacker, you can find it in one of the links above.

•  Is there a way to stop the player color from showing up in a texture?
    Cover the white bits in the bottom half of the texture file with black. That should solve it.

•  Is there anywhere I can find a list of all the possible VisualParticles for the anim files? ie. HeroGlow, Kronos Smoke, etc.
    Visual Particles are stored in the Models bar files. Extract, and sort by type. They are the .PRTs.
    These are code that run a series of .tga files (9-12 played in cycles) and can be varied by replacing the images through a hex edit of the .prt.
    Somewhere in the code are things like size/speed etc. but it's inconsistent. Just pick a .prt that is about the size you want and create the .tga files. They work like 12/4/0/5 bitmaps using grey-scale for transparency.

•  How do you change the music? ie. add your own music to the game so you can play it while listening to your favorite music?
    With this.

•  How can I make my own campaigns?
    Use this.

•  How can I change the names of the ai?
    See here.

•  How do I add multiple mods so they don't overwrite eachother?
    This will teach you how to edit your protox and add mods on top of eachother.

•  How can I make my own BAR files?
    Download this.

•  Where is the main game folder for the Steam version of AoM?
    Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Mythology.

Some tags from the aomx.exe:
    Hit Grunt Select MaxLOS Recover GatherFish TeleportOut TeleportIn GatherBush Closing Opening Closed Opened RangedWalkAttack BehindAttack RightAttack LeftAttack Kill JumpLand JumpFly JumpTakeoff Flail Pray CastAttack WalkAttack Charging PivotLeft PivotRight Walk Talk Run GatherMine GatherHunt GatherFarm GatherChop Carry AutoLOS Unbuild HeroDeath TownBell BuckAttack Teleport CorpseDecay Boost Eat Explore LightningAttack Gate Swallow GetOnMover AutoMover Guard Trade ConvertAttack FreezeAttack Eject ChargedRangedAttack WhirlwindAttack Dropoff Gore Throw AutoGather Empower Use Regenerate Unused2 DiveBomb Pickup JumpMove Guide Attach Unused1 JumpAttack Light Lightning Thrown MoveAttack GatherPoint Dormant Freeze AreaAttack Birth AutoConvert Enter Wander Unused0 Work OverrideAnimation Train Research Repair RangedAttack MoveByGroup Move Idle Hunting Heal HandAttack Gather Decay Death Convert Build Bored LokiHero

A useful guide:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257883223

The ultimate modeling guide:
    http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11367

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 03-01-2018 @ 08:10 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Petitomi
    Mortal
    posted 23 March 2019 03:01 PM EDT (US)     1326 / 1380       
    Some of my maps CRASHES...
    I put some units to the game from some Pro-modder guys' pack..
    And I created 2 "new" unit (copying the base units)
    maybe this is why some half-year-old map CRASH ?!!

Please ... help..
    ENDrain
    Mortal
    posted 18 April 2019 07:20 PM EDT (US)     1327 / 1380       
    2 Petitomi: Try Steam commmunity. There are a couple of original guides and certainly more active members than over heres. But I won't be surprised if you've already tried and they weren't able to help you. AoM is an old game and AoM:EE is effectively abandonware. You're mostly on my own, my friend.

Abount this crashing map: make sure that you changed IDs of the units you copied, so that your "new" units' IDs are unique. If a map tries to load with a unit with overlapping (non-unique) ID it would crash indeed.

2 Barnabas Riley: There could be a Tech involved.

[This message has been edited by ENDrain (edited 04-19-2019 @ 09:23 AM).]

Hermafro
    Mortal
    posted 29 April 2019 00:40 AM EDT (US)     1328 / 1380       
    I'm trying to get my Athena unit to attack other units, but it isn't working. I have tried editing her anim file, as well as the proto file, the attack command doesn't even show for her, and despite setting her as aggressive, is constantly running away from attackers.

If someone could help me that would be great, as I might be able to do it for Krios and Theocrat as well.
    Carabosse
    Mortal
    posted 12 August 2019 04:25 AM EDT (US)     1329 / 1380       

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 09-21-2019 @ 08:12 AM).]

Kurtgeorge
    Mortal
    posted 21 September 2019 03:02 AM EDT (US)     1330 / 1380       
    Hey guys, know this seems like a stupid question but where are the function definitions (game files or elsewhere) for the rm functions for the random map generations. Cheers
    TAG
    That AoM Guy
    (id: aom expert)
    posted 21 September 2019 08:12 AM EDT (US)     1331 / 1380       
    @Hermafro
    Did you ever get the Athena issue figured out?

@Kurtgeorge
    I believe there's a word document in the docs folder in the main game folder.

Check out my YouTube
    For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 09-21-2019 @ 08:15 AM).]

Kurtgeorge
    Mortal
    posted 22 September 2019 01:19 AM EDT (US)     1332 / 1380       
    @TAG Thanks, found it right where you said it was
    RaphaelFromHell
    Mortal
    posted 25 September 2019 09:48 AM EDT (US)     1333 / 1380       
    How can I make Hersirs from Odin summon myth units like Loki?

I know that the Hersir summoning is hardcoded but I'd like to know if there's any way to make other units/gods or even civs do the same.

The only thing on the techtree and proto about it that I could find is the tag LokiHero on Hersir's proto.

Thanks in advance.
    Heavy Hoplite 15
    Mortal
    posted 28 October 2019 11:08 AM EDT (US)     1334 / 1380       
    How can I get 3ds max if im not a student?

HH15
    TAG
    That AoM Guy
    (id: aom expert)
    posted 28 October 2019 05:38 PM EDT (US)     1335 / 1380       
    I will ask someone who I believe has it

Check out my YouTube
    For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 10-28-2019 @ 09:38 PM).]

LoweLess
    Mortal
    posted 30 October 2019 06:10 AM EDT (US)     1336 / 1380       
    @Heavy Hoplite 15
    No, as that is against the license but technically you can . Its even possible to find student key online and use it, have this settings currently.
    FunnyMaster
    Mortal
    posted 29 November 2019 02:33 AM EDT (US)     1337 / 1380       
    Hello there,
    I have recently found out that a guy from reddit managed to bring back the Thor's gold bonus.
    It works ONLY for Thor and enables a certain unit generate gold while attacking buildings in the same way as norse units generate favor.
    To get this bonus work, you need to add
    < bountyfactor resourcetype="Gold">1.0000< /bountyfactor>
    to any attacker unit, and when it belongs to Thor, the bonus will work. Originally the bonus was supposed to work with cavalry only.
    Gold will be generated from attacking any enemy with
    < bounty resourcetype="Gold">5.0000< /bounty>
    , and you can add this line to anything (buildings already have this).
    You can increase the amount of gold gathered by increasing the number in "bounty" line to increase amount for every attacker, or by increasing the number in "bountyfactor" line to increase multiplier for this exact attacker.

Link for the original finder:
    https://old.reddit.com/r/AgeofMythology/comments/dym0i1/reenabled_thor_bonus_from_beta_useful_for_modders/

Best regards, FunnyMaster
    its rtn
    Mortal
    posted 23 December 2019 04:32 PM EDT (US)     1338 / 1380       
    I have updated the proto2.7.xml in the /data folder for 2.7.4 Age of Mythology: EE. I changed the buildlimit tag from 5 to 40 of the Dwarf unit. However, when I try to make more than five dwarfs from the TC the Dwarf Icon is redded out as usual. What extra properties do I need to edit to remove the build limit?

[This message has been edited by its rtn (edited 12-23-2019 @ 04:34 PM).]

Uacher_Wolfeight
    Mortal
    posted 01 January 2020 05:22 PM EDT (US)     1339 / 1380       
    Hello, there.

I'd like to know if it is possible to reference specific animation variations for units during attacks.

For example, the hoplite has two attack animations, one is a spear thrust and another is a shield bash. Is it possible to reference one of those two specifically using the proto.xml file at the "HandAttack" action.

Thanks in advance.
    TheUnmanifested
    Mortal
    posted 16 January 2020 05:27 PM EDT (US)     1340 / 1380       
    AOM EE edition on Steam:
    I can't get a new unit to show up on the map in the editor. I can duplicate a unit, give it a unique protoname and unit id in proto2.7.xml and it shows up in the "place objects" list in the editor but when I place it on the map it is invisible and not selectable and when I test the scenario there is a line of sight in the fog of war for it but no graphics. I have tried alot of things but am running out of trial and error options I can try. Anyone know how to do this? All the guides I found on steam are incomplete and all the ones on this site don't seem to talk about EE edition in regard to adding new units.
    WollieWoltaz
    Mortal
    posted 17 January 2020 05:43 AM EDT (US)     1341 / 1380       
    Well you need to have a anim file for the new unit.

All of my Modpacks:
    Download here at AomHeaven.
    Subscribe in the workshop for the Extended Edition version.
    TheUnmanifested
    Mortal
    posted 18 January 2020 01:21 AM EDT (US)     1342 / 1380       
    Thank You @WollieWoltaz, I did have an anim file but I had it in /anim/2.7 , I moved the anim file for my unit up one into /anim and it all works now.
    WollieWoltaz
    Mortal
    posted 18 January 2020 05:24 AM EDT (US)     1343 / 1380       
    Glad you solved it.

All of my Modpacks:
    Download here at AomHeaven.
    Subscribe in the workshop for the Extended Edition version.
    Niley
    Mortal
    posted 25 January 2020 06:16 PM EDT (US)     1344 / 1380       
    Sooo I just created a rms that's basically a copy of land unknown (I used that as a start) but with the edit that some units are modified by a trigger to use less population.

I added the trigger and it worked perfectly. shortened version here:

for(i=1; <cNumberPlayers)
    { rmCreateTrigger("population"+i); }
    for(i=1; <cNumberPlayers)
    { rmSwitchToTrigger(rmTriggerID("population"+i));
    rmSetTriggerActive(true);
    rmAddTriggerCondition("Always");
    rmAddTriggerEffect("Modify Protounit");
    rmSetTriggerEffectParam("ProtoUnit","Fire Ship Atlantean");
    rmSetTriggerEffectParamInt("PlayerID",i);
    rmSetTriggerEffectParam("Field","6");
    rmSetTriggerEffectParamInt("Delta",-1);

//lots of other units following the same scheme. }

Then I added the same trigger to modify the hit points. Now when I did this I first forgot to change the trigger name (copypaste mistake). It resulted in several chamges and errors but in the end I found it and went back to the original form. Now the problem is that SOMEHOW it keeps setting the Hitpoints to 1 all the time!
    Like really ALWAYS, no matter if I remove the part that edited the hitpoints or add something to increase the hitpoints.
    As long as I include any trigger that modifies any aspect of any protounit it will set the hitpoints for ALL units to 1!
    It DOES apply the right modification too but it keeps setting the hitpoints to 1, no matter what.

I'm seriously at the edge with this, no idea how it keeps changing the hitpoints even if I edit the population cost only. I already tried copying the text to a new file but it doesn't change anything. Please help

Edit: I found that when I place a building it has a ridiculous amount of negative hp but somehow can be built normally. (granary had -2147483648)

Edit2: I just deleted all triggers from the scrip, then copied a simple part from koth that doesn't even contain any modify protounit and it still happened.

[This message has been edited by Niley (edited 01-25-2020 @ 07:39 PM).]

nottud
    Hero
    posted 27 January 2020 07:28 AM EDT (US)     1345 / 1380       
    I recommend using code injection for random map trigger effects as they are far more compact and don't require the player to actually have the trigger effect being used allowing for custom triggers. This guide should help you out:

https://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,29516,0,all

As for your existing issues sounds like it is running incorrectly on loop or you forgot to include something in your copy and paste. Maybe worth sharing your entire snippet so I can tell you what is wrong although been a while since I have used the standard way.
    Niley
    Mortal
    posted 27 January 2020 11:30 AM EDT (US)     1346 / 1380       
    Thanks for the advice, I'll try that out.

The full code is here:

Nevermind.

Edit: oof spoilers don't work...

Edit2: So this code is basically a copy of land unknown but I added a trigger that reduces population cost. However it doesn't matter anymore, which trigger I add, in any case it will just set the hp for all units to 1 aswell.

Edit3: I just found out it doesn't even matter, which rms I load. I just tried out a koth map and it happened there too. I must have broken something in the system then, guess I'll go for a reinstall...

Edit4: NEVERMIND I FOUND IT
    Sooo my dear friends, this is the solution to all my struggles:
    The rms file was completely fine. Actually all of them were. What I did wrong was RENAMING a file in my triggers folder. It appears that it doesn't matter what name the file has when you INSERT it but Age of Mythology will always look for that filename forever. And since this was the Modify Protounit All absolute trigger which has the hitpoints field selected by default it appears to make sense that the hitpoints were broken all the time.

Well I'm glad I could solve this. What did I learn? Never rename your trigger files!

[This message has been edited by Niley (edited 01-27-2020 @ 01:53 PM).]

nottud
    Hero
    posted 27 January 2020 02:40 PM EDT (US)     1347 / 1380       
    Modify protounit all trigger doesn't exist by default for other players - adding it will cause a SYNC ERROR. You need to use the code injection method to use custom triggers which uses the commands directly rather than adding via trigger names.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 01-27-2020 @ 02:41 PM).]

Niley
    Mortal
    posted 28 January 2020 05:11 AM EDT (US)     1348 / 1380       
    I didn't include any downloaded or custom triggers in my rms (that's why the rms is now 70% trigger lines). However renaming the file that contains the "Modify Protounit All Absolute player range" trigger (which I originally just called "favortrigger.xml" for no specific reason) resulted in an error causing the game to activate this file and the trigger inside, whenever ANY trigger was activated during ANY game, no matter what scenario, rms or which triggers were activated.
    I named it back to the original filename "favortrigger.xml" and now it works again. So I just gotta remember that if I wanna use "Modify Protounit All Absolute player range" it is in that "favortrigger" file.

[This message has been edited by Niley (edited 01-28-2020 @ 05:13 AM).]

nottud
    Hero
    posted 28 January 2020 07:33 AM EDT (US)     1349 / 1380       
    How will the map generate correctly for other players? - they don't have Modify Protounit All Player Range trigger? That is one I created.

Ah the issue you are describing though is the game inserts the default trigger effect for every trigger added. It is extremely import it is not changed from the default setIdleProcessing otherwise you will go out of sync with other players. Similarly you need to have "Always" as the default condition.

To guard against this I always include that condition and effect on any custom trigger files.

Alternative you can use this: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=7764&ci=241bba691269ec6b0e654818de00f6b2YToxOntpOjA7YToyOntpOjA7czoxNDoiU2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHMiO2k6MTtzOjM2OiJsaXN0ZXIucGhwP3N0YXJ0PTAmYW1wO3NlYXJjaD1ub3R0dWQiO319

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 01-28-2020 @ 07:37 AM).]

Niley
    Mortal
    posted 28 January 2020 08:13 AM EDT (US)     1350 / 1380       
    As I said I'm not using any of your triggers (the one that caused the issue was sent by Zenophobia, I guess a combination of your triggers tho since it's combining All+Absolute+Player Range).

Edit: Or is modify protounit generally not compatible in multiplayer? (I'm only using the normal Modify Protounit and it seems not to be working)

Edit2: I'm now using code(); lines. Works.

Edit3: By the way is there a way so only I need the rms installed? Because everytime I'm playing with others and I wanna use a rms I gotta give it to them too first or it will crash :/

[This message has been edited by Niley (edited 01-28-2020 @ 12:19 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 52 53 54 55 56  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames