You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1311 replies, Sticky
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding » Got a Question? Ask it Here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Got a Question? Ask it Here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
buppy
Mortal
(id: pubby8)
posted 21 January 2011 01:55 PM EDT (US)         
Post all modding/rms/ai questions in this thread.

Visit Programs and Tutorials for Modding/RMS/AI or the Modding Library for helpful resources.

FAQ:

•  I get an error that says "Initialization Failed" when I start my game after installing a mod. What do I do?
    This error is almost always caused by an improperly installed mod. Sometimes it's something else. Undo what you did and try again. If you're still having trouble, outline what you did here and we can help.

•  How can I easily view and edit the xpacklanguage.dll file?
    Download Resource Hacker, you can find it in one of the links above.

•  Is there a way to stop the player color from showing up in a texture?
    Cover the white bits in the bottom half of the texture file with black. That should solve it.

•  Is there anywhere I can find a list of all the possible VisualParticles for the anim files? ie. HeroGlow, Kronos Smoke, etc.
    Visual Particles are stored in the Models bar files. Extract, and sort by type. They are the .PRTs.
    These are code that run a series of .tga files (9-12 played in cycles) and can be varied by replacing the images through a hex edit of the .prt.
    Somewhere in the code are things like size/speed etc. but it's inconsistent. Just pick a .prt that is about the size you want and create the .tga files. They work like 12/4/0/5 bitmaps using grey-scale for transparency.

•  How do you change the music? ie. add your own music to the game so you can play it while listening to your favorite music?
    With this.

•  How can I make my own campaigns?
    Use this.

•  How can I change the names of the ai?
    See here.

•  How do I add multiple mods so they don't overwrite eachother?
    This will teach you how to edit your protox and add mods on top of eachother.

•  How can I make my own BAR files?
    Download this.

•  Where is the main game folder for the Steam version of AoM?
    Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Mythology.

Some tags from the aomx.exe:
    Hit Grunt Select MaxLOS Recover GatherFish TeleportOut TeleportIn GatherBush Closing Opening Closed Opened RangedWalkAttack BehindAttack RightAttack LeftAttack Kill JumpLand JumpFly JumpTakeoff Flail Pray CastAttack WalkAttack Charging PivotLeft PivotRight Walk Talk Run GatherMine GatherHunt GatherFarm GatherChop Carry AutoLOS Unbuild HeroDeath TownBell BuckAttack Teleport CorpseDecay Boost Eat Explore LightningAttack Gate Swallow GetOnMover AutoMover Guard Trade ConvertAttack FreezeAttack Eject ChargedRangedAttack WhirlwindAttack Dropoff Gore Throw AutoGather Empower Use Regenerate Unused2 DiveBomb Pickup JumpMove Guide Attach Unused1 JumpAttack Light Lightning Thrown MoveAttack GatherPoint Dormant Freeze AreaAttack Birth AutoConvert Enter Wander Unused0 Work OverrideAnimation Train Research Repair RangedAttack MoveByGroup Move Idle Hunting Heal HandAttack Gather Decay Death Convert Build Bored LokiHero

A useful guide:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257883223

The ultimate modeling guide:
    http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11367

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 03-01-2018 @ 08:10 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    BSU_DoLhades
    Mortal
    posted 15 November 2011 03:09 AM EDT (US)     226 / 1311       
    I believe the line for textures is defined with every anim?

Could someone please confirm as I am not on my AoM computer

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
    I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
    Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
    Aston Vanilla
    Mortal
    posted 15 November 2011 06:25 AM EDT (US)     227 / 1311       
    Thank you for the reply ive edited the anim and put in the replace texture but it still wont read the texture ive even tried other edited anims and replaced their replace texture with mine and that still has not been read i cant think of what im missing. it works for all other units. is there a different rule for making a new titan unit?
    JohnnyWolverine
    Mortal
    posted 15 November 2011 04:36 PM EDT (US)     228 / 1311       
    I can't change the texture name in .prt files with hex editor. Can someone help?
    BSU_DoLhades
    Mortal
    posted 15 November 2011 06:01 PM EDT (US)     229 / 1311       
    I sometimes get similar problems, I will notify the nearest modders :P

EDIT: Take a look at this URL perhaps -> AoM helpline/thread

Oh and this one:
    Compilation of Useful stuff

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
    I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
    Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach

[This message has been edited by BSU_DoLhades (edited 11-15-2011 @ 06:05 PM).]

TheGerman
    Mortal
    posted 19 November 2011 12:47 PM EDT (US)     230 / 1311       
    I tried to make history files for some new units and technologies in Editor. But when I tried to link them to existing units and technologies and to the main index, the links did't work in-game. What did I do wrong?
    L33TSkillz
    Mortal
    posted 19 November 2011 02:14 PM EDT (US)     231 / 1311       
    Details, you need details. And by you need details I mean you have to post them here for us or we have absolutely no idea what the problem is.
    TheGerman
    Mortal
    posted 20 November 2011 05:16 AM EDT (US)     232 / 1311       
    What kind of details do you mean?

I created a link in the "history"-file to a file "Hellas" (also in the history"-folder) called "link="topic:Hellas">Griechen</link" .
    When it didn't work I tried to link it to a file "Zeus" in the "history/units"-folder via "link="proto:Zeus">Zeus</link" . Didn't work any better. (I didn't include the < and > here, because it was converted to real links)

Now, what do I have to do to make the links work in-game?

[This message has been edited by TheGerman (edited 11-20-2011 @ 06:04 AM).]

L33TSkillz
    Mortal
    posted 20 November 2011 12:01 PM EDT (US)     233 / 1311       
    The only difference I can see there is capitalization. Try making the first letters lowercase and see if that does anything (the files themselves as well obviously).
    Ben42
    Mortal
    posted 21 November 2011 11:51 AM EDT (US)     234 / 1311       
    I'm having a problem with my zeus mod. I have a thread on this forumn but it is not really getting noticed.

I am using the statue of zeus on the zeus wonder.

So far I have got a standing model (pictures on the thread)

However, as I had to dettach and reattach parts of the model to get it to stand, the texture does not go on the model properly (as shown on the thread). Is there a way to get it to go on the model normally?

Also, there is currently no back to the model, how would I go about creating a back for it, and how would I edit the texture file for it to work?
    TheGerman
    Mortal
    posted 22 November 2011 10:13 AM EDT (US)     235 / 1311       
    @L33tSkillz

Didn't help either. Any more ideas? Anyone? Please?
    vanni247
    Mortal
    posted 30 November 2011 12:21 PM EDT (US)     236 / 1311       
    Hi... I've been using the re-scale function on Gmax... however it doesn't seem to carry over when i convert the files back for use in the game.

HELP!
    Necr0maNceR
    Lord of the Undead
    posted 13 December 2011 02:49 PM EDT (US)     237 / 1311       
    I'm making a custom texture for the Tartarian Spawn, but have run into a problem. I extracted gp x tartarian gate creature a.ddt and gp x tartarian gate creature b.ddt and converted them to BMPs, then opened them up in GIMP 2. Both textures looked the same, except one was a bit darker. It was also weird, because the legs of the spawn in the textures looked orange instead of blue like they do in the game. Anyways, I edited the textures some, then converted them back to ddt. I had made sure to write down that they were "16-bit,no alpha[0]", 5mip-map levels. I put them both into the textures file, but it didn't look any different in game. What did I do wrong?

My Work: Zombie Goliath texture mod -- My Screenshots -- Current Projects: Lost In Darkness
    Member of: Black Ice Studios
    ____
    |0..0|
    ||||
    TAG
    AoMH Seraph
    (id: aom expert)
    posted 13 December 2011 03:31 PM EDT (US)     238 / 1311       
    I would try just "gp x tartarian gate creature.ddt". You'll find there are textures that are included in the textures bar that the creators never ended up using. Could have been an idea that they dismissed.

Check out my YouTube
    For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
    Xzaander
    Lone Wolf
    (id: SirThobus)
    posted 13 December 2011 03:49 PM EDT (US)     239 / 1311       
    Make a backup copy of both those textures first. Then paint them both entirely in two different bright colors (like the first in red and the other in green), save, export and place in the textures map. That way you really see if there's any real difference once in the game, and which texture is actually used. IE for buildings, there are often two or more textures used for different sections of the model, so doing this will tell you which texture is used for which part. If there's still no difference, make sure that you have saved the modified file in the right format, that the resolution is the same or at least not above 512 pixels on the short side, and that your modified texture is placed in the Age of Mythology/Data/Textures map and that it replaces any texture that's there beforehand. And make sure you have spelled it correctly.

Basic tips, but can't think of a way it could f**k up otherwise right now.

Sometimes I like to take screenshots. But only sometimes.

[This message has been edited by Xzaander (edited 12-13-2011 @ 03:51 PM).]

TAG
    AoMH Seraph
    posted 13 December 2011 04:12 PM EDT (US)     240 / 1311       
    Ya just repeat the process with care and see if it works.

Check out my YouTube
    For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
    Necr0maNceR
    Lord of the Undead
    posted 13 December 2011 07:54 PM EDT (US)     241 / 1311       
    Thanks guys! The problem was that I wasn't using "gp x tartarian gate creature.ddt" like AoM Expert said, istead I was editing some unused textures. Now I can get down to business.

My Work: Zombie Goliath texture mod -- My Screenshots -- Current Projects: Lost In Darkness
    Member of: Black Ice Studios
    ____
    |0..0|
    ||||
    WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 24 December 2011 06:19 AM EDT (US)     242 / 1311       
    Is it possible to make a unit that gains a special attack after he killed some units?
    L33TSkillz
    Mortal
    posted 24 December 2011 01:01 PM EDT (US)     243 / 1311       
    Not as far as I know. Experience can only increase damage, not add attacks.
    spidermine
    Mortal
    posted 25 December 2011 08:30 PM EDT (US)     244 / 1311       
    How to mod to heal army by garrisonedH
    velitewarrior
    Mortal
    posted 26 December 2011 03:21 AM EDT (US)     245 / 1311       
    Is it possible to convert a scenario into a random map? Some of the deathmatch community was looking at making standardized deathmatch maps, but i'm pretty sure they dont know how to rms script. Since scenarios cannot generate valid rec games this is a problem for them

otherwise guess it looks like im learning to script lolol

(insert insulting comment here)
    TAG
    AoMH Seraph
    posted 26 December 2011 09:33 AM EDT (US)     246 / 1311       
    RogueGuard
    Mortal
    posted 26 December 2011 09:36 AM EDT (US)     247 / 1311       
    Following Stephen Caines' introduction to Modelling, I am experiencing difficulties using the gmax program, adding the textures. Referencing from the Stephen's guide, adding the house texture onto the square. When I attempt to drag my bmp texture onto the square, a message opens saying 'A bitmap file was dropped on a view port. Apply the file as a viewport background?' but all I'm attempting to achieve is to apply this texture to the square itself and not as a viewport background. Does anyone know the problem here? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    hoodedwarbler12
    Mortal
    posted 26 December 2011 04:10 PM EDT (US)     248 / 1311       
    Make sure you're dragging the image directly onto the cube, not just in the general area...

youbar
    Mortal
    posted 27 December 2011 02:07 AM EDT (US)     249 / 1311       
    How would I make a melee centaur?
    You know, one that uses swords instead of bows?
    Simply put, how would I do it and what would I need to edit or create?
    MrEmjeR
    Mortal
    (id: EmjeR)
    posted 27 December 2011 05:32 AM EDT (US)     250 / 1311       
    you'd need to import the centraur model in blender, remove bow and attach swords. then make new animations!
    i once started this, but never finished. but i believe Leto II did, search for those mods.

>> www.EmjeR.com <<

Mods - EmjeR's eyecandy pack :: Improved Greeks look :: Ghengis Khan - Mods
    Programs - BCTool Attachpoint Editor :: BCTool :: Words - Programs
    Games - 0 AD :: Stronhold 2 :: BfME 2 - Games
    !! Proud member of WildFire Games !!
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames