You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1311 replies, Sticky
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding » Got a Question? Ask it Here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Got a Question? Ask it Here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
buppy
Mortal
(id: pubby8)
posted 21 January 2011 01:55 PM EDT (US)         
Post all modding/rms/ai questions in this thread.

Visit Programs and Tutorials for Modding/RMS/AI or the Modding Library for helpful resources.

FAQ:

•  I get an error that says "Initialization Failed" when I start my game after installing a mod. What do I do?
    This error is almost always caused by an improperly installed mod. Sometimes it's something else. Undo what you did and try again. If you're still having trouble, outline what you did here and we can help.

•  How can I easily view and edit the xpacklanguage.dll file?
    Download Resource Hacker, you can find it in one of the links above.

•  Is there a way to stop the player color from showing up in a texture?
    Cover the white bits in the bottom half of the texture file with black. That should solve it.

•  Is there anywhere I can find a list of all the possible VisualParticles for the anim files? ie. HeroGlow, Kronos Smoke, etc.
    Visual Particles are stored in the Models bar files. Extract, and sort by type. They are the .PRTs.
    These are code that run a series of .tga files (9-12 played in cycles) and can be varied by replacing the images through a hex edit of the .prt.
    Somewhere in the code are things like size/speed etc. but it's inconsistent. Just pick a .prt that is about the size you want and create the .tga files. They work like 12/4/0/5 bitmaps using grey-scale for transparency.

•  How do you change the music? ie. add your own music to the game so you can play it while listening to your favorite music?
    With this.

•  How can I make my own campaigns?
    Use this.

•  How can I change the names of the ai?
    See here.

•  How do I add multiple mods so they don't overwrite eachother?
    This will teach you how to edit your protox and add mods on top of eachother.

•  How can I make my own BAR files?
    Download this.

•  Where is the main game folder for the Steam version of AoM?
    Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Mythology.

Some tags from the aomx.exe:
    Hit Grunt Select MaxLOS Recover GatherFish TeleportOut TeleportIn GatherBush Closing Opening Closed Opened RangedWalkAttack BehindAttack RightAttack LeftAttack Kill JumpLand JumpFly JumpTakeoff Flail Pray CastAttack WalkAttack Charging PivotLeft PivotRight Walk Talk Run GatherMine GatherHunt GatherFarm GatherChop Carry AutoLOS Unbuild HeroDeath TownBell BuckAttack Teleport CorpseDecay Boost Eat Explore LightningAttack Gate Swallow GetOnMover AutoMover Guard Trade ConvertAttack FreezeAttack Eject ChargedRangedAttack WhirlwindAttack Dropoff Gore Throw AutoGather Empower Use Regenerate Unused2 DiveBomb Pickup JumpMove Guide Attach Unused1 JumpAttack Light Lightning Thrown MoveAttack GatherPoint Dormant Freeze AreaAttack Birth AutoConvert Enter Wander Unused0 Work OverrideAnimation Train Research Repair RangedAttack MoveByGroup Move Idle Hunting Heal HandAttack Gather Decay Death Convert Build Bored LokiHero

A useful guide:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257883223

The ultimate modeling guide:
    http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11367

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 03-01-2018 @ 08:10 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    bonney00
    Mortal
    posted 02 October 2013 01:06 PM EDT (US)     476 / 1311       
    yes, adding the file soundsets-XPack (extracted with BarExplorer), you can hear all the sounds. But the problem of the whip which does not damage there yet. It's not that I need to extract other files? Anyway thanks for all the help you're giving me: D
    WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 02 October 2013 01:15 PM EDT (US)     477 / 1311       
    If its there, extract the invisible object anim and hope it works. otherwise I wouldn't know how to fix this.

We cannot rely on luck to be successful.
    bonney00
    Mortal
    posted 03 October 2013 06:46 AM EDT (US)     478 / 1311       
    No, it does not work. It does not matter
    You could also go here, I wonder if is possible to put the powers of the gods to a unit.

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=19,29318,,20

[This message has been edited by bonney00 (edited 10-03-2013 @ 06:46 AM).]

HiTom3
    Mortal
    posted 04 October 2013 12:52 PM EDT (US)     479 / 1311       
    Hi there, so im totally noob to this stuff, and i've decided to ask this in the forums. So my problem is, i want to use modifyprotounit in an .xs map called Oasis.xs. I would like to change the speed of my villagers. So i want to be Hades and he has got villager greek type of unit:

rmAddTriggerEffect("Modify Protounit");
    rmSetTriggerEffectParam("ProtoUnit","Villager Greek");
    rmSetTriggerEffectParamInt("PlayerID",1);
    rmSetTriggerEffectParam("Field","1");
    rmSetTriggerEffectParamInt("Delta",20);

I pasted it into rm2/Oasis.xs, but nothing happens when i choose field as "1" and delta as "20" and i rename protounit to "Villager Greek" then i save it, go into game, start the map oasis as Hades, but nothing happens. I dont know whats the problem.

can you guys please help me out? I would really be happy for that

Thanks in advance!
    ramasakis
    Mortal
    posted 04 October 2013 01:19 PM EDT (US)     480 / 1311       
    What you added is

rmCreateTrigger("Modify");
    rmSetTriggerEffectParam("ProtoUnit","villager greek");

and it DOES work for me, just not immediatly. For that add

rmSetTriggerRunImmediately(true);

and that changes the speed.
    HiTom3
    Mortal
    posted 04 October 2013 02:47 PM EDT (US)     481 / 1311       
    I have no idea what i'm doing wrong, but right now i pasted the code you gave me:

rmSetTriggerRunImmediately(true);

And it still does not work for me. I've waited 1 minute to see if its only delayed, but its not, i even copied the modified Oasis.xs to rm2 and rm folders... I use Hades as a god, can you please tell me what else you do besides pasting this code? I really have no idea what i'm doing wrong please help me out!

Thanks for your reply by the way

*EDIT*: I tried doing the same with erebus.xs and it works with that, now i really have no clue why it doesnt work with Oasis.xs only, any ideas?

[This message has been edited by HiTom3 (edited 10-04-2013 @ 02:59 PM).]

ramasakis
    Mortal
    posted 05 October 2013 02:31 AM EDT (US)     482 / 1311       
    Hm, try NOT copying it to rm, since modify protounit is a titans trigger. And if it doesn't work then try copying the code to a new rms. Otherwise I wouldn't know too, sorry.
    Nordicpoetry940
    Mortal
    posted 09 October 2013 07:52 PM EDT (US)     483 / 1311       
    I apologise if this has been asked before, but I would really appreciate detailed help on this.
    I would like instructions (preferably step-by-step) on how to have a unit train other units, a Laser Bear producing Relic Monkeys, for example.

I know that the following is required for the unit producing other units:
    <train row="0" page="1" column="0"
    flag>ForceBuildingData
    And the following is required for the unit being produced:
    <buildlimit
    <allowedage

I feel that I am missing some values. Is a cost required, for example. I tested this on a Laser Bear attempting to train a Valkyrie, Minotaur, Fimbulwinter Wolf, Hades Shade, and a Flying Purple Hippo. Only the Valkyrie had her button appear in the Laser Bear's command list, and that is only because I chose Freyja to advance. I did not alter techtreex.XML in any way. If it must be altered in order for this to work, please let me know how.

Unrelated to this, I recall there being a mod in the Downloads section that buffed up the God Powers to amusingly unnecessary levels several years ago (summoning 3 Nidhoggrs instead of 1 for example), but I can't seem to find it now. Perhaps it has been deleted? If anyone knows of this mod or its wherabouts, I would be grateful.

[This message has been edited by Nordicpoetry940 (edited 10-09-2013 @ 07:54 PM).]

ramasakis
    Mortal
    posted 10 October 2013 02:03 PM EDT (US)     484 / 1311       
    You have to mod the techtreex for that. First find a tech to add it too in the techtreex (can be anything) and then insert this code into the effects:
             <effect type="Data" amount="1.00" subtype="Enable" relativity="Absolute">
    <target type="ProtoUnit">Protounit Name</target>
             </effect>
    for example, to be able to train a Minotaur in the buildings that can train it in the protox for the minor god Forseti find the tech Age 2 Forseti and add to its effects:
             <effect type="Data" amount="1.00" subtype="Enable" relativity="Absolute">
    <target type="ProtoUnit">Minotaur</target>
             </effect>
    the tech should end like:
             </effect>
    </effects>
          <exclude>Age 2 Freyja</exclude>
    <exclude>Age 2 Heimdall</exclude>
       </tech>
    bonney00
    Mortal
    posted 15 October 2013 09:24 AM EDT (US)     485 / 1311       
    What is the folder that contains the effect of petrification?
    ramasakis
    Mortal
    posted 15 October 2013 11:48 AM EDT (US)     486 / 1311       
    Still having the same problem of the effect not appearing correctly? I'd say the problem is in the texture then. I believe medusa stone.ddt is the file you want. That file is missing/messed up in your AOM folder.
    bonney00
    Mortal
    posted 16 October 2013 04:58 AM EDT (US)     487 / 1311       
    the file medusa stone there is, I extracted the file with BarExplorer and converted with Aom, then I put the file .ddt in the textures folder, but nothing has changed, suggestions?

Screen: http://i.imgur.com/iQf3oKa.png

Edit: you could upload your file medusa stone.ddt please?

Edit1: No one can pass the file of medusa stone ddt?

[This message has been edited by bonney00 (edited 10-18-2013 @ 10:28 AM).]

Nordicpoetry940
    Mortal
    posted 18 October 2013 04:37 PM EDT (US)     488 / 1311       
    Ramasakis, thank you very much. My Laser Bears are producing Minotaurs, Forkboys, Shades, and Relic Monkeys now, stemming from the Minotaur example that you gave me.

May I ask, is there any method to reduce the production time of a unit (the Laser Bear) training another unit that can also be trained from another (a building)? For example, I want my Valkyrie production time at a temple to remain the same, while the production time from a Laser Bear would be about half the original time.

Thank you again in advance!

[Edit]: I also wish to ask, is there any method to edit the Lampades protox.xml entry so that her Chaos spell affects a number of units in an area, instead of a single unit?
    Again, thanks in advance

[This message has been edited by Nordicpoetry940 (edited 10-18-2013 @ 04:46 PM).]

ramasakis
    Mortal
    posted 18 October 2013 11:41 PM EDT (US)     489 / 1311       
    @ Nordicpoetry940
    Yes to your first question, you can reduce production time. Just add
    <buildingworkrate>2.0000</buildingworkrate>
    somewhere in the proto definition of the Laser Bear. That makes the Laser Bear train faster, while nothing changes in the training speed of the temple.
    As to your second question, special attacks are hardcoded in the exe, so its nearly impossible to change them.

@bonney00
    I just extracted the file medusa stone.ddt too, so if that is what you did and it doesn't work my file won't change that. I suspect the problem is somewhere in the textures though, so you could test that:
    - Backup your textures folder
    - empty it, save for the folders and bar files and don't empty the subfolders
    - empty the icons folder in your textures folder
    - empty the terrain folder in your textures folder
    - so the cursors folder and ui folder are NOT empty!
    - test if the stone effect in game appears normal now
    - if it doesn't the problem isn't (just) in the textures, but I don't know where else
    - if it does appear normal now, merge slowly with the backup till you found the problematic file(s)
    - if you need that file/those files (or are not sure) tell me in which files the problem is, otherwise just don't place them back
    bonney00
    Mortal
    posted 19 October 2013 05:15 AM EDT (US)     490 / 1311       
    I did as you told me to do, but it does not work

screen: http://i.imgur.com/AskF5AT.png

http://i.imgur.com/UNOD6yr.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/kpeNU2v.jpg

[This message has been edited by bonney00 (edited 10-19-2013 @ 05:18 AM).]

ramasakis
    Mortal
    posted 19 October 2013 09:58 AM EDT (US)     491 / 1311       
    Hm, you could try emptying the models folder save for the bar files and the lng files, but if that too doesn't work I don't know how to solve the problem
    bonney00
    Mortal
    posted 19 October 2013 10:16 AM EDT (US)     492 / 1311       
    By removing the file ... brg, you are only removing the color (now they are all white), but the petrification still does not go, I have the original game, but I tried to download other versions, but it does not change anything. Maybe I have to install something on my PC? I have windows 7.
    Anyway thanks for your help.

screen: http://i.imgur.com/g1EH0CL.jpg

[This message has been edited by bonney00 (edited 10-19-2013 @ 10:18 AM).]

Nordicpoetry940
    Mortal
    posted 30 October 2013 04:32 PM EDT (US)     493 / 1311       
    I wish to extract the deity portraits and unit icons so that I can use them for a personal guide that I am creating for a friend, (based off of my editing which has got very slight modifications to improve the experience while not making the God Powers or mythical units too powerful, mostly changed or increased the costs of them and their upgrades) and to base my own artwork off of them so that I can replace them later. I've done this before a long time ago, and have since forgot how. I would greatly appreciate a step-by-step process to do this.

Discard the God Powers question that I have asked earlier; I've remembered how to edit them myself.
    I do wish to ask one thing; I know that mods can work in online play if both computers have got them, does the same apply to modifications of God Powers?

@Ramasakis
    That's unfortunate, but I did sort-of expect that. I remember when I was small, I tried to get the Mummy to convert ships into ghost ships with his convert attack. Thank you anyway.

I've decided to remove any mythical units from the LAser Bear's production roster because of a little glitch. If I wish to produce Trolls at a Forseti temple, for example, the troll icon would be replaced by the minotaur's, and I would produce minotaurs instead.

May you please remind me what the second value of an attack does? Would a bigger number equate to a faster rate of inflicting the first value, or is it only "secondary damage"? For example,

<param name="Damage" type="Pierce" value1="140" value2="7" options="AttackEnemy|AttackGAIAUnits"></param>
    <param name="Damage" type="Hack" value1="38" value2="5" options="AttackEnemy|AttackGAIAUnits"></param>
    The first example is of Scarab blood, the second is the Chimaera's fire attack. Again, thank you for your help in advance

[This message has been edited by Nordicpoetry940 (edited 10-30-2013 @ 05:05 PM).]

ramasakis
    Mortal
    posted 31 October 2013 10:22 AM EDT (US)     494 / 1311       
    @Nordicpoetry940
    well yes, if you want to train minotaurs at the laserbear but not at the temple you have add a dummy unit thats trained by the laserbear instead of the minotaur itself, immeadiatly dies and has a deadreplacement of the minotaur. And then enable that dummy in the techtreex too, of course.

About the second value for the attack, I thought its relating to the damage the attack does to the gaia units. Trees, herds, wild animals - that kind of units.

And I don't play online so I don't know about your question about that
    Nordicpoetry940
    Mortal
    posted 03 November 2013 06:17 AM EDT (US)     495 / 1311       
    @Ramasakis
    Oh so like the Phoenix-From-Egg, that makes sense.

Thats okay, I don't expect any single person to know everything, even though it may seem like that But any query that can be answered, I would be happy to read and listen to. Finding and modding this game again has made me feel 10 years young again..

I'll probably eventually find out how to extract the game portraits and icons anyway, but any assistance would still be good.

I've recently tried to make Gullinbursti's bucking attack affect MythUnitArchers and the Kraken to throwing MythUnitInfantry; neither of them worked, but I was able to change the Jötunn to kick out regular soldiers instead of dwarves. Hmm....

[This message has been edited by Nordicpoetry940 (edited 11-03-2013 @ 06:26 AM).]

WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 03 November 2013 06:33 AM EDT (US)     496 / 1311       
    Value2 is when you want to add a splash effect or area damage. just look at the titans they hit multiple units when they attack.

For the deity portraits search for "god minor" in the textures or "portrait" and for their icons search in the icon folder.

Nordicpoetry940
    Mortal
    posted 04 November 2013 06:01 PM EDT (US)     497 / 1311       
    @WarriorMario

Ah, so it is secondary damage, or is it the affect radius of Value1 damage? Thankyou for clearing that up for me.

I did eventually find out about the icons and portraits (I forgot to extract some of them), but again thank you for your confirmation. I can't believe how absentminded I've got over the years.

I think I should ask this so as to avoid further confusion to myself...
    I've drawn some new textures for use as mythical unit colour variations, and I wish to add them as such.
    I will use Nereid for an example;

//==============================================================================
    anim Bored
    {
    SetSelector
    {
    set hotspot
    {
    version
    {
    Visual MU X Atlantean Nereid_BoredA
    Connect ATTACHPOINT rippleidle hotspot
    }
    }
    set hotspot
    {
    version
    {
    //Visual MU X Atlantean Nereid_BoredA
    ReplaceTexture mu x nereid rider map_02
    ReplaceTexture mu x nereid shark map_02
    }
    }
    }
    Would this be correct?
    I also wish to ask, why does the Special E Anubite Iron texture not work in the game? A special programming perhaps?..

I apologise for any funny names that I post such as "Gullunbursti" for the Battleboars, if they confuse any peoples.

[This message has been edited by Nordicpoetry940 (edited 11-04-2013 @ 06:18 PM).]

WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 05 November 2013 02:55 AM EDT (US)     498 / 1311       
    Value2 does splash damage in a circle that does 100% of the damage in the center of the circle downt to 1% at the outer edge of the circle or max range of the circle.
    Never saw the Anubite iron texture before, I'm not even sure if that texture is used ingame and your replace texture is wrong it should be like this:ReplaceTexture Infantry E Axeman Head Standard/Infantry E Axeman Head Copper
    To be more precise:
    ReplaceTexture Old Texture/New Texture

Milkman Matty
    Mortal
    (id: Khan And Steak)
    posted 07 November 2013 12:38 PM EDT (US)     499 / 1311       
    I know this was somewhat already answered but I think it should still be said for anyone else that may have the same problem.
    rmSetTriggerEffectParam("ProtoUnit","Villager Greek");
    This: rmSetTriggerEffectParamInt("Delta",20);
    should really be this:
    rmSetTriggerEffectParamFloat("Delta",20.0);
    The one that it currently being used won't work for fractional part or for armor etc. ~ Milky

<||=================================||>
    Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
    96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
    { "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    Acnologia
    Mortal
    posted 11 November 2013 02:12 AM EDT (US)     500 / 1311       
    Hi guys how can i give Heracles a special attack by modifying the protox file?And if its possible i would like to give him more than 1 special attack,the same goes for Son of Osiris,and also changing the attack speed?Help me please!
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames