You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1314 replies, Sticky
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding » Got a Question? Ask it Here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Got a Question? Ask it Here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 28 29 30 31 32 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
buppy
Citizen
(id: pubby8)
posted 21 January 2011 01:55 PM EDT (US)         
Post all modding/rms/ai questions in this thread.

Visit Programs and Tutorials for Modding/RMS/AI or the Modding Library for helpful resources.

FAQ:

•  I get an error that says "Initialization Failed" when I start my game after installing a mod. What do I do?
    This error is almost always caused by an improperly installed mod. Sometimes it's something else. Undo what you did and try again. If you're still having trouble, outline what you did here and we can help.

•  How can I easily view and edit the xpacklanguage.dll file?
    Download Resource Hacker, you can find it in one of the links above.

•  Is there a way to stop the player color from showing up in a texture?
    Cover the white bits in the bottom half of the texture file with black. That should solve it.

•  Is there anywhere I can find a list of all the possible VisualParticles for the anim files? ie. HeroGlow, Kronos Smoke, etc.
    Visual Particles are stored in the Models bar files. Extract, and sort by type. They are the .PRTs.
    These are code that run a series of .tga files (9-12 played in cycles) and can be varied by replacing the images through a hex edit of the .prt.
    Somewhere in the code are things like size/speed etc. but it's inconsistent. Just pick a .prt that is about the size you want and create the .tga files. They work like 12/4/0/5 bitmaps using grey-scale for transparency.

•  How do you change the music? ie. add your own music to the game so you can play it while listening to your favorite music?
    With this.

•  How can I make my own campaigns?
    Use this.

•  How can I change the names of the ai?
    See here.

•  How do I add multiple mods so they don't overwrite eachother?
    This will teach you how to edit your protox and add mods on top of eachother.

•  How can I make my own BAR files?
    Download this.

•  Where is the main game folder for the Steam version of AoM?
    Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Mythology.

Some tags from the aomx.exe:
    Hit Grunt Select MaxLOS Recover GatherFish TeleportOut TeleportIn GatherBush Closing Opening Closed Opened RangedWalkAttack BehindAttack RightAttack LeftAttack Kill JumpLand JumpFly JumpTakeoff Flail Pray CastAttack WalkAttack Charging PivotLeft PivotRight Walk Talk Run GatherMine GatherHunt GatherFarm GatherChop Carry AutoLOS Unbuild HeroDeath TownBell BuckAttack Teleport CorpseDecay Boost Eat Explore LightningAttack Gate Swallow GetOnMover AutoMover Guard Trade ConvertAttack FreezeAttack Eject ChargedRangedAttack WhirlwindAttack Dropoff Gore Throw AutoGather Empower Use Regenerate Unused2 DiveBomb Pickup JumpMove Guide Attach Unused1 JumpAttack Light Lightning Thrown MoveAttack GatherPoint Dormant Freeze AreaAttack Birth AutoConvert Enter Wander Unused0 Work OverrideAnimation Train Research Repair RangedAttack MoveByGroup Move Idle Hunting Heal HandAttack Gather Decay Death Convert Build Bored LokiHero

A useful guide:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257883223

The ultimate modeling guide:
    http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11367

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 03-01-2018 @ 08:10 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    nottud
    Citizen
    posted 09 November 2014 12:36 PM EDT (US)     726 / 1314       
    Also - if you got multiple age of mythology - e.g. extended and normal didn't you do the right one?

Another reason it might not appear is that there is an error in the trigger. As a check copy a previous trigger and change the name and check that it appears.
    Hammerhands
    Citizen
    posted 15 November 2014 09:42 PM EDT (US)     727 / 1314       
    'd noted the problem before and took a trigger from further up and added a 'z' to the beginning of the title to see if it showed up, and it never did. I never messed with the meat of the thing. All I did was give it a tattoo.
    I only have the one copy. Been hearing about all the problems with the new version, and decided to stick with TT until I can't play it anymore.
    Milkman Matty
    Citizen
    (id: Khan And Steak)
    posted 28 November 2014 09:55 PM EDT (US)     728 / 1314       
    Just out of interest where were you adding the triggers (that didn't show up) in the .xml file? like at the end at the start.

Second of all does the .xml file compile with aomed.exe? aomed.exe is always a great way to find any problems with your trigger files because it tries to compile them and tells you a line number that is the issue ~ Milky

<||=================================||>
    Proud Member of Forgotten Empires
    96Reviews KaS Dota2 Halo 5 Reach
    { "Work until your idols become your rivals" }
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ trGetUnitScenarioName(); ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    TAG
    That AoM Guy
    (id: aom expert)
    posted 03 December 2014 10:50 PM EDT (US)     729 / 1314       
    ok i need an answer to this question: whats the difference between SetSelector and SetSelector none in anim files?

Check out my YouTube
    For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.

[This message has been edited by Thangbrand Aesirear (edited 12-03-2014 @ 10:51 PM).]

XLightningStormL
    Citizen
    (id: TheBronyKing11)
    posted 04 December 2014 00:10 AM EDT (US)     730 / 1314       
    Nothing

SetSelector None is used for objects that aren't supposed to be used.

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
    XLightningStormL
    Citizen
    posted 07 December 2014 04:20 AM EDT (US)     731 / 1314       
    Ugh, For some stupid reason I did a tree texture and World G Oak Tree A will not make part of the texture invisible, I remove that tree model, and what happens?
    IT SCREWS ANOTHER TREE UP TOO

What the hell is wrong with AoMED? Can't I properly transfer a texture so it can work properly, only for it to say **** you, I'm Screwing Up for no Absolute Reason

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038

[This message has been edited by Thangbrand Aesirear (edited 12-07-2014 @ 10:21 AM).]

WarriorMario
    Citizen
    posted 07 December 2014 05:47 AM EDT (US)     732 / 1314       
    Uhm whats the problem exactly? You changed a texture of a tree model and now another tree model's texture is messed up too?

We cannot rely on luck to be successful.
    XLightningStormL
    Citizen
    posted 07 December 2014 03:09 PM EDT (US)     733 / 1314       
    If I have all of the trees are fine except world g oak a, which has the square texture thing.

If I remove the world g oak tree a, then world g oak B will have the same problem.

And every over tree will be fine, unless I remove world g oak b, and then world g oak c would have the problem.

XLightningStormL
    Citizen
    posted 08 December 2014 11:35 PM EDT (US)     734 / 1314       
    Is it possible for when a Unit transforms, that it could play an animation?

Say If I'd Make a Cavalry Hero, and I click "Transform" and he will play a model transforming from on the horse to off?

TAG
    That AoM Guy
    (id: aom expert)
    posted 09 December 2014 01:20 AM EDT (US)     735 / 1314       
    so basically like a dismount button, similar to the atlantean hero button, but you want an animation inbetween... easy just have the birth animation as him getting off the horse. more detail would help though as I don't know how you wanna use it.

Check out my YouTube
    For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
    XLightningStormL
    Citizen
    posted 09 December 2014 03:25 AM EDT (US)     736 / 1314       
    Just Asking how to use it if that "Special Contact" can get us those builds

EpicWarrior202
    Citizen
    posted 09 December 2014 07:04 PM EDT (US)     737 / 1314       
    You could make two separate units.
    XLightningStormL
    Citizen
    posted 10 December 2014 05:34 AM EDT (US)     738 / 1314       
    Is it possible to Increase a Unit's Accuracy? using a Technology?

WarriorMario
    Citizen
    posted 11 December 2014 00:16 AM EDT (US)     739 / 1314       
    Look at the tower upgrade (crenellations or something)

wertygo
    Citizen
    posted 15 December 2014 05:27 AM EDT (US)     740 / 1314       
    Hay maby someone knows were i culd find a good moder, cus i realy i n nead of one
    XLightningStormL
    Citizen
    posted 20 December 2014 09:23 PM EDT (US)     741 / 1314       
    Excuse Me, is it possible to add a technology, where when you destroy and enemy's building, you can get gold?

Like that raiding thing odin use 2 have

WarriorMario
    Citizen
    posted 20 December 2014 10:48 PM EDT (US)     742 / 1314       
    No not that way. The Thor passive still works I think. L33TSkillz told me about it once, never tested it tho.

XLightningStormL
    Citizen
    posted 21 December 2014 04:42 AM EDT (US)     743 / 1314       
    How can i get the thor passive to work?

WarriorMario
    Citizen
    posted 21 December 2014 07:08 AM EDT (US)     744 / 1314       
    Try adding this to the unit entries and you might get 5 gold when you destroy a longhouse or another building that grants gold

<bountyfactor resourcetype="Gold">1.0000</bountyfactor>

XLightningStormL
    Citizen
    posted 22 December 2014 06:09 AM EDT (US)     745 / 1314       
    Hey Warrior is it possible to make a Stealth Unit in Age of Mythology?

(i.e He can't be seen by enemies and allies, except certain units can see him fe: Heroes, Scouts, etc)

WarriorMario
    Citizen
    posted 23 December 2014 01:15 AM EDT (US)     746 / 1314       
    Stealth units have to be visible to all allies or invisible to everyone. Your idea is impossible but can somewhat be achieved by using triggers.

scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 06 January 2015 08:05 AM EDT (US)     747 / 1314       
    How would I go about making an AI only gather 1 resource and have a minimum number of villagers gathering that resource?
    WarriorMario
    Citizen
    posted 06 January 2015 01:10 PM EDT (US)     748 / 1314       
    AI tutorial
    In this tutorial resource gathering + villager maintenance and some other stuff is explained + an example AI is included. I think you should be able to modify it so it only gathers 1 resource and limits itself to 3 villagers.

Monika_A
    Citizen
    posted 09 January 2015 07:35 PM EDT (US)     749 / 1314       
    hi @all,

i have a small question about the population in AoM:EE,
    i never did any data modding in AoM (just in AoE) and i would like to know what i have to change that the Popuationlimit is more higher ?
    the mods i found in the download section doesnt fit very well with that what i want.

It would also nice to know how to change the ressources value, that i can add more.
    Exist there maybe a programm where i can edit all ?

thanks so far x3
    XLightningStormL
    Citizen
    posted 09 January 2015 08:18 PM EDT (US)     750 / 1314       
    You can't edit the Population-limit, it's hard-coded into the .exe file.

And you can't edit .exe files.
    And there is no way of bypassing the limit even with the proto (Unless you change all the military units to pop 1)

This Population Limit thing has popped up many times, and the answer is always No, It's Hardcoded.

[This message has been edited by TheBronyKing11 (edited 01-09-2015 @ 08:23 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 28 29 30 31 32 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames