You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1311 replies, Sticky
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding » Got a Question? Ask it Here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Got a Question? Ask it Here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 38 39 40 41 42 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
buppy
Mortal
(id: pubby8)
posted 21 January 2011 01:55 PM EDT (US)         
Post all modding/rms/ai questions in this thread.

Visit Programs and Tutorials for Modding/RMS/AI or the Modding Library for helpful resources.

FAQ:

•  I get an error that says "Initialization Failed" when I start my game after installing a mod. What do I do?
    This error is almost always caused by an improperly installed mod. Sometimes it's something else. Undo what you did and try again. If you're still having trouble, outline what you did here and we can help.

•  How can I easily view and edit the xpacklanguage.dll file?
    Download Resource Hacker, you can find it in one of the links above.

•  Is there a way to stop the player color from showing up in a texture?
    Cover the white bits in the bottom half of the texture file with black. That should solve it.

•  Is there anywhere I can find a list of all the possible VisualParticles for the anim files? ie. HeroGlow, Kronos Smoke, etc.
    Visual Particles are stored in the Models bar files. Extract, and sort by type. They are the .PRTs.
    These are code that run a series of .tga files (9-12 played in cycles) and can be varied by replacing the images through a hex edit of the .prt.
    Somewhere in the code are things like size/speed etc. but it's inconsistent. Just pick a .prt that is about the size you want and create the .tga files. They work like 12/4/0/5 bitmaps using grey-scale for transparency.

•  How do you change the music? ie. add your own music to the game so you can play it while listening to your favorite music?
    With this.

•  How can I make my own campaigns?
    Use this.

•  How can I change the names of the ai?
    See here.

•  How do I add multiple mods so they don't overwrite eachother?
    This will teach you how to edit your protox and add mods on top of eachother.

•  How can I make my own BAR files?
    Download this.

•  Where is the main game folder for the Steam version of AoM?
    Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Mythology.

Some tags from the aomx.exe:
    Hit Grunt Select MaxLOS Recover GatherFish TeleportOut TeleportIn GatherBush Closing Opening Closed Opened RangedWalkAttack BehindAttack RightAttack LeftAttack Kill JumpLand JumpFly JumpTakeoff Flail Pray CastAttack WalkAttack Charging PivotLeft PivotRight Walk Talk Run GatherMine GatherHunt GatherFarm GatherChop Carry AutoLOS Unbuild HeroDeath TownBell BuckAttack Teleport CorpseDecay Boost Eat Explore LightningAttack Gate Swallow GetOnMover AutoMover Guard Trade ConvertAttack FreezeAttack Eject ChargedRangedAttack WhirlwindAttack Dropoff Gore Throw AutoGather Empower Use Regenerate Unused2 DiveBomb Pickup JumpMove Guide Attach Unused1 JumpAttack Light Lightning Thrown MoveAttack GatherPoint Dormant Freeze AreaAttack Birth AutoConvert Enter Wander Unused0 Work OverrideAnimation Train Research Repair RangedAttack MoveByGroup Move Idle Hunting Heal HandAttack Gather Decay Death Convert Build Bored LokiHero

A useful guide:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257883223

The ultimate modeling guide:
    http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11367

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 03-01-2018 @ 08:10 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Ryder25
    Mortal
    (id: tasev)
    posted 07 August 2015 11:14 PM EDT (US)     976 / 1311       
    tasevp(at)hotmail(dot)com

Send them both over, with the ddts of cours. Are you trying these in AoM, or EE?
    crazydragon
    Mortal
    posted 08 August 2015 09:56 PM EDT (US)     977 / 1311       
    @Ryder25

Thanks for looking at this for me , I sent both models and the .ddt and .bmp files for both.

Im using AOM not EE , The Alien texture is a trasparent and I cant get transparent textures to work in EE
    TheCyclop
    Mortal
    posted 11 August 2015 11:00 AM EDT (US)     978 / 1311       
    Hey i'm not much of a modder but today i was trying to do something i thought would be simple, copy the Destroyer unit and create a hero from it for me. I managed to change the new unit's stats and make it appear on the editor unit selection. But only that i haven't figured out how to give it a history2 /anim or texture, i even created folders for each of those things with the unit's name but nothing.

Is there any simple way to do it? I saw a guide with the description but i was unable to install the cheesy editor.
    Does it work for example if i download another unit modd and change from there?

[This message has been edited by TheCyclop (edited 08-11-2015 @ 11:00 AM).]

crazydragon
    Mortal
    posted 11 August 2015 09:02 PM EDT (US)     979 / 1311       
    @TheCyclops

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=19,21161,,20

you can find the info you need in the above link, you will have to use AOMED to do this. Making a new unit is realy not that hard , now Making new textures and new models thats when things get harder.

[This message has been edited by crazydragon (edited 08-11-2015 @ 09:03 PM).]

TheCyclop
    Mortal
    posted 12 August 2015 12:10 PM EDT (US)     980 / 1311       
    thanks crazydragon. I managed to do it with the guide, but another question appeared while creating. Soo i will try explaining what i'm trying to do and what i'm failing at.

I'm trying to create a new Destroyer Hero and create my own hero (zethos).I managed to create him and play with him, but i also wanted to give him a arkantos/melagius like ability so i copied arkantos's boost files from his proto data into my destroyer's protox data. But when i enter the game i am unable to get him to use it (the yellow bar doesn't even appear under the health). Is it because i didn't get the arkantos ability anim/texture? If not any idea what?

I bet its probably something simple i'm missing but i'm still getting used to this things.

[This message has been edited by TheCyclop (edited 08-12-2015 @ 04:24 PM).]

WollieWoltaz
    Mortal
    posted 12 August 2015 02:11 PM EDT (US)     981 / 1311       
    Are there any cinematic grn files for arkantos (uber)?
    So yes..
    What are they?

Thanks,

WollieWoltaz
    crazydragon
    Mortal
    posted 12 August 2015 08:52 PM EDT (US)     982 / 1311       
    TheCyclop

A special attack must be defined in the anim in order for it to work . If its a charged attack just find the entry in the anim of unit that has that attack . Make sure you change the model to the destroyer .

your unit will also need a line in the protox to set recharge time and check and make sure the action your using is a charge action.
    TheCyclop
    Mortal
    posted 13 August 2015 03:22 AM EDT (US)     983 / 1311       
    Soo in the protox i should get any line of code that i don't have on destroyer and is for the special ability and do the same on the anim too? This will give my destroyer the ability right? it won't turn him into arkantos for 3seconds?
    Sorry for soo many questions.
    Kadhel
    Mortal
    posted 13 August 2015 02:19 PM EDT (US)     984 / 1311       
    The Cyclop:

Add to your protox.xml for your hero these lines:

<rechargetime>15.0000</rechargetime>

AND

<action name="WhirlwindAttack">
    <param name="MinimumRange" value1="0.10"></param>
    <param name="Rate" type="All" value1="1.0"></param>
    <param name="MuteDamage"></param>
    <param name="ChargeAction"></param>
    <param name="AttackAction"></param>
    <param name="Damage" type="Hack" value1="5.0" value2="10.0" options="AttackGAIA|AttackEnemy"></param>
    <param name="DamageBonus" type="MythUnit" value1="0.20"></param>
    </action>
    <action name="Boost">
    <param name="MaximumRange" value1="12"></param>
    <param name="GiveAttackBoost"></param>
    <param name="Inactive"></param>
    <param name="Rate" type="Unit" value1="2.0"></param>
    </action>

Next, in your anim file, add theses lines:

//==============================================================================
    anim whirlwindAttack
    {
    SetSelector none
    {
    set hotspot
    {
    version
    {
    Visual Infantry X Trident SoldierH_AttackB
    //-- auto generated by the bang animation tool
    //-- do not hand edit these values
    tag Attack 0.45 true
    tag GenericSound 0.40 true
    //-- end auto generated section
    ReplaceTexture Infantry X Trident Soldier Iron/Infantry X Trident Soldier Hero
    ReplaceTexture Infantry X Trident Soldier Shield Iron/Infantry X Trident Soldier Shield Hero
    connect RightHand Trident hotspot
    Connect TopOfHead Head hotspot
    Connect FRONTABDOMEN heroglow hotspot
    }
    }
    }
    }

It should work.

I've a question.
    I try in AOM:EE to make a new unittype for some units in the protox, in order to regroup them into one entity and use this entity in the techtree.
    Example: Skull Warrior, Skull Mage and Skull Villager
    They have the unittype Undead
    In the techtree, I set a tech that make all Undead have 10 more hitpoints.
    So Warrior, Mage and Villager gain 10 Hp each.

How I can do this Unittype ?
    I've added <unittype>Undead</unittype> but when I set a tech (properly) on the techtree, it doesn't work :/

[This message has been edited by Kadhel (edited 08-13-2015 @ 04:58 PM).]

TheCyclop
    Mortal
    posted 14 August 2015 09:37 AM EDT (US)     985 / 1311       
    ohh my god thank you soo much

[This message has been edited by TheCyclop (edited 08-14-2015 @ 10:05 AM).]

WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 14 August 2015 10:36 AM EDT (US)     986 / 1311       
    @Kadhel: Adding new unittypes does not work.

We cannot rely on luck to be successful.
    TAG
    AoMH Seraph
    (id: aom expert)
    posted 14 August 2015 10:49 AM EDT (US)     987 / 1311       
    Kadhel
    Mortal
    posted 14 August 2015 12:41 PM EDT (US)     988 / 1311       
    @WarriorMario : Ah, the unittype.txt isn't in AOM:EE whereas it was in AOM:TT .

I will do my tech match unit by unit so :/
    WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 15 August 2015 00:52 AM EDT (US)     989 / 1311       
    @kadhel: Unittype.txt never existed. UnitAITypes.txt does but it only allows you to add new AI types and not unittypes.

@expert: Tnx, for some reason I never get a notification on steam when someone asks a question...

[This message has been edited by WarriorMario (edited 08-15-2015 @ 01:12 AM).]

Kadhel
    Mortal
    posted 15 August 2015 11:00 AM EDT (US)     990 / 1311       
    @Warrior: Ok ^^

Question:

I've seen that the "world g Underworld Passage Entrance" don't have a death animation. So I used ABE, opened the "world g Underworld Passage Entrance.brg" in 3dsmax, set the time at 12 frames (and 12 at second). Next I autokeyed the death animation, it works proper on max.

BUT when I import it in ABE and convert it back into .brg (with animated, keyframes etc ckecked), it doesn't work.

How I can keep my animation in order to have this death animation I made on the new brg model ?
    TheCyclop
    Mortal
    posted 15 August 2015 02:10 PM EDT (US)     991 / 1311       
    Is it possible to create a notepad folder and make it possible to connect certain triggers to a unit, in a way that it will allways have those triggers when i get it in a scenario/campaign?
    WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 16 August 2015 00:49 AM EDT (US)     992 / 1311       
    @TheCyclop: Follow this guide guide.
    It will teach you the basics of what you want to do.

TheCyclop
    Mortal
    posted 16 August 2015 05:47 AM EDT (US)     993 / 1311       
    @warrior mario
    thank you allot for the guide I didn't manage to understand how i should do it exactly soo i will try to show it to my cousin maybe he understands. Thanks for the help.

I'm sorry i ask 2-3 questions per day but i'm trying to change some mods to create some units "favored" by the titans/gods. I tried changing his hero glow to the valkyrie trail/frost giant aura but it failed, i've also tried to copy paste some other stuff but also failed. Any advice? I know this is possible because i've seen it done in some unit mods i just can't figure out how.

[This message has been edited by TheCyclop (edited 08-16-2015 @ 06:34 AM).]

WollieWoltaz
    Mortal
    posted 16 August 2015 03:04 PM EDT (US)     994 / 1311       
    I've added Gandalf the grey2 to my game. it is Gandalf riding!
    But when I click view animation in the editor and i check the models of the gandalf2 and they are fine, but the textures are weird because when he's attacking only the horse turns white or if i click bored and walk and flail the horse will turn white, only idle and charging is right.

I've checked all the textures of the models with hex editor and all the textures are there.. So i don't understand what's going on.. something in the anim file??

Thanks

WollieWoltaz,
    WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 17 August 2015 12:30 PM EDT (US)     995 / 1311       
    @TheCyclop: Those affects are attached to the units in the anim file. Look at how it is done with the valkyrie

@WollieWoltaz: If there is nothing wrong with the textures then the texture is not assigned right in the model.

WollieWoltaz
    Mortal
    posted 17 August 2015 01:55 PM EDT (US)     996 / 1311       
    @warrior

I've downloaded it from the modpack "legends of middle earth" do you think they didn't do it quite right? i don't think so actually. But it is possible that it is not assigned right in the model, I need to change it in 3ds max certainly? haha i'm not good at it.

Another question not relevent to this.

I have the Balrog in my game and and I got his whip attack to work thanks to you.
    But now i wanna know how the godpower calls of the balrog?
    Because there is one, but I can't find it?
    It looks like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_98_vggvo_Q

So maybe you or someone else know how it calls, and add the godpower to my game AOM: TT.

Thanks,
    WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 18 August 2015 00:08 AM EDT (US)     997 / 1311       
    Look at the nidhogg god power.

WollieWoltaz
    Mortal
    posted 18 August 2015 07:23 AM EDT (US)     998 / 1311       
    @warrior

I converted the godpower nidhogg.xmb with Aomed to the xml file. And i looked at it, but i don't know where to look at. If you looked at that video i posted you can see that it came out of a sort of volcano i think. But how can i add that? And what does it have to do with the nidhogg godpower??
    WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 18 August 2015 02:57 PM EDT (US)     999 / 1311       
    Nidhogg god power places a unit. So the idea is to place the volcano and give the volcano a birthreplacement which is the balrog.

WollieWoltaz
    Mortal
    posted 18 August 2015 04:32 PM EDT (US)     1000 / 1311       
    Can you give an example or is there a guide about such a thing?
    Because i don't know what to do.

Edit: I put the line birthreplacement into the protox of the volcano, so now when i put the volcano in editor the balrog will show up. But it's a little volcano it's not that big lava volcano as you can see in the video. Is that even in the game, or did he make it himself.. what do you think?

It doesn't look nice i think..

What do i have to change further.?

[This message has been edited by WollieWoltaz (edited 08-18-2015 @ 05:49 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 38 39 40 41 42 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames