You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1329 replies, Sticky
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Got a Question? Ask it Here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Got a Question? Ask it Here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 27 28 29 30 31 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 54  Next Page »
buppy
Mortal
(id: pubby8)
posted 21 January 2011 01:55 PM EDT (US)         
Post all modding/rms/ai questions in this thread.

Visit Programs and Tutorials for Modding/RMS/AI or the Modding Library for helpful resources.

FAQ:

•  I get an error that says "Initialization Failed" when I start my game after installing a mod. What do I do?
    This error is almost always caused by an improperly installed mod. Sometimes it's something else. Undo what you did and try again. If you're still having trouble, outline what you did here and we can help.

•  How can I easily view and edit the xpacklanguage.dll file?
    Download Resource Hacker, you can find it in one of the links above.

•  Is there a way to stop the player color from showing up in a texture?
    Cover the white bits in the bottom half of the texture file with black. That should solve it.

•  Is there anywhere I can find a list of all the possible VisualParticles for the anim files? ie. HeroGlow, Kronos Smoke, etc.
    Visual Particles are stored in the Models bar files. Extract, and sort by type. They are the .PRTs.
    These are code that run a series of .tga files (9-12 played in cycles) and can be varied by replacing the images through a hex edit of the .prt.
    Somewhere in the code are things like size/speed etc. but it's inconsistent. Just pick a .prt that is about the size you want and create the .tga files. They work like 12/4/0/5 bitmaps using grey-scale for transparency.

•  How do you change the music? ie. add your own music to the game so you can play it while listening to your favorite music?
    With this.

•  How can I make my own campaigns?
    Use this.

•  How can I change the names of the ai?
    See here.

•  How do I add multiple mods so they don't overwrite eachother?
    This will teach you how to edit your protox and add mods on top of eachother.

•  How can I make my own BAR files?
    Download this.

•  Where is the main game folder for the Steam version of AoM?
    Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Mythology.

Some tags from the aomx.exe:
    Hit Grunt Select MaxLOS Recover GatherFish TeleportOut TeleportIn GatherBush Closing Opening Closed Opened RangedWalkAttack BehindAttack RightAttack LeftAttack Kill JumpLand JumpFly JumpTakeoff Flail Pray CastAttack WalkAttack Charging PivotLeft PivotRight Walk Talk Run GatherMine GatherHunt GatherFarm GatherChop Carry AutoLOS Unbuild HeroDeath TownBell BuckAttack Teleport CorpseDecay Boost Eat Explore LightningAttack Gate Swallow GetOnMover AutoMover Guard Trade ConvertAttack FreezeAttack Eject ChargedRangedAttack WhirlwindAttack Dropoff Gore Throw AutoGather Empower Use Regenerate Unused2 DiveBomb Pickup JumpMove Guide Attach Unused1 JumpAttack Light Lightning Thrown MoveAttack GatherPoint Dormant Freeze AreaAttack Birth AutoConvert Enter Wander Unused0 Work OverrideAnimation Train Research Repair RangedAttack MoveByGroup Move Idle Hunting Heal HandAttack Gather Decay Death Convert Build Bored LokiHero

A useful guide:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257883223

The ultimate modeling guide:
    http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11367

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 03-01-2018 @ 08:10 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Android 000
    Mortal
    (id: Android GRRR)
    posted 09 October 2014 02:23 PM EDT (US)     701 / 1329       
    Maybe you had not selected the model?

Yes, I noticed some weird texture behaviour for some of the standard shapes as well (e.g. spheres). Not sure if your issue is related to that though. Can you post pictures of your model both in Max and in the game?
    crazydragon
    Mortal
    posted 11 October 2014 07:35 PM EDT (US)     702 / 1329       
    Yes I can post some pictures of my model , I used some standard primitive shapes to make my new model, I hope this is not the problem because I often do that.

I will try and get some pictures up this weekend if I get the time.

and is there a way to get my current gmax work into 3dsmax?

[This message has been edited by crazydragon (edited 10-11-2014 @ 09:55 PM).]

XLightningStormL
    Mortal
    (id: TheBronyKing11)
    posted 12 October 2014 05:19 AM EDT (US)     703 / 1329       
    I've got this weird problems:

Nearly everytime I make a new texture on this computer, parts of it are either invisible with certain models (i.e death) or parts that ARE SUPPOSED TO BE INVISIBLE OR CLEAR (i.e wooden fence on the settlement) show up with their background color.

How do i fix these issues?

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
    WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 14 October 2014 10:48 AM EDT (US)     704 / 1329       
    @crazydragon yes its doable to convert them to .obj and import that in 3ds max. Not sure about bones but googling it will help you.

@TBK this is an outdated lookup table for texture conversion of AoMED
    Paletted (16-bit), no alpha [0] - Used for unit icons, terrain maps, animal texture maps... anything that doesn't require an alpha.

Paletted (16-bit), no alpha [2] - Used for many ui parts (including unit health bars, some of the ingame menu parts and most buttons), and skyboxes. Most of the ui maps are converted using this encryption.

Paletted (16-bit), no alpha [3]
    Paletted (16-bit), no alpha [4]

Paletted (15-bit), no alpha - Used for a few parts of the ui that don't require transparency, like the buttons in the top-right corner in-game (chat, diplomacy etc.), and various borders and such in the pregame menus.

Paletted (12-bit), 4-bit alpha - Used for the pregame menu textures, corpse textures, shadows, unit selecting circles, blood and others that require more complex alpha channels. Alpha region permits shades of gray to allow shadowing.

16-bit, no alpha [0]
    16-bit, no alpha [1]
    16-bit, no alpha [2]
    16-bit, no alpha [8]

15-bit, alpha [0] - Alpha region is interpreted for parts of the model that are rendered invisible. For use on standard object textures.

15-bit, alpha [1] - Alpha region is interpreted for player color. This is the most commonly used encryption format, since it is used for almost all objects in the game.

15-bit, alpha [2] - Alpha region is interpreted as invisibility, used in the 'low poly' (lp) texture maps, a series of maps that contain all of the components of attachments for a single unit in one image, possibly to save loading time.

15-bit, alpha [3] - Seems to be used to place playercolor on some cinematic maps. I'm not sure of the actual purpose of this conversion method.

12-bit, alpha [0] - Used for sprite maps with complex alpha channel maps, such as those 2D sprite rocks.

12-bit, alpha [1]

12-bit, alpha [2] - Used for icons that have transparency, like the chat icon.

8-bit grayscale, no alpha - This one is used in terrain blending maps that define how terrain fades into other terrains. I can't recall seeing it anywhere else.
    It might help you.

We cannot rely on luck to be successful.
    Android 000
    Mortal
    (id: Android GRRR)
    posted 14 October 2014 05:32 PM EDT (US)     705 / 1329       
    TBK's problem sounds like he's trying to mod a texture without changing the pertaining model file. Is that correct? In this case, it could be that transparency has only been assigned to certain areas of the model/BRG and replacing the texture file won't be enough. Maybe Stephen Caines' guide has more on this.
    crazydragon
    Mortal
    posted 14 October 2014 09:09 PM EDT (US)     706 / 1329       
    WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 15 October 2014 00:15 AM EDT (US)     707 / 1329       
    Looks like you did not apply the texture correctly. Try to apply the mulitmaterial on the model which is the first item on a material chain. Texture- standard material-mulitmaterial. If that doesn't work you could email me the scene files and I'll look at them.

crazydragon
    Mortal
    posted 15 October 2014 08:55 PM EDT (US)     708 / 1329       
    by the first item on a material chain , do you mean the material on the far right? because the assign material to selection option is grayed out.

the one to the far left has no assign option. I can email it to you if you give me your email.
    WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 15 October 2014 10:20 PM EDT (US)     709 / 1329       
    WarriorMario@live.nl and yeah it should be the item on the right of the chain in the slate material editor.

WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 18 October 2014 03:01 AM EDT (US)     710 / 1329       
    Okay found the problem. Select your mesh > editable mesh>element>surface properties>material>select all elements (ctrl + a)>set ID to 1>it should be fixed.

What happened was that the model had 4 material IDs and only 1 material and ID 1 was assigned to some parts under the mesh so almost no texture was applied ingame causing the missing texture to be applied. Now we applied all the elements to the first material so it should work ingame. Note that applying all elements to ID 1 does not work if you want to have multiple textures applied to your models.

crazydragon
    Mortal
    posted 18 October 2014 10:35 PM EDT (US)     711 / 1329       
    thanks ill give that a shot
    crazydragon
    Mortal
    posted 19 October 2014 03:57 PM EDT (US)     712 / 1329       
    WarriorMario

your the best, problem solved.

The texture is not quite right and it has alot more player color than I intended , but at least now its working. Also I noticed that you can see the bottom parts of the model at certain angles, This is more obvious when you use K to enlarge the model in the editer, For some reason you can see through the main body of the model , Is there a way to fix this?
    XLightningStormL
    Mortal
    posted 19 October 2014 11:13 PM EDT (US)     713 / 1329       
    I'm just asking:

I'm playing around with ABE and I notice a mod unit has two textures in the materials tab with the same name (EBrickA3) I'm just wondering how can I change the name of the other EbrickA3 Texture? (Their Identical Too, the other EBrickA3 has the same Flags as the other one)

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
    WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 20 October 2014 12:39 PM EDT (US)     714 / 1329       
    @crazydragon, not sure, I think it has to do something with the basic geometry created in max. I think that for some reason the normals are messed up when creating spheres or cubes in 3ds max try to change the normals or something, I think the smooth modifier does something like that.

@TBK Just apply a texture to the model and then export it. It should work unless you do not apply it correctly.

crazydragon
    Mortal
    posted 22 October 2014 07:59 PM EDT (US)     715 / 1329       
    ya, ive never messed with normals before, any idea where to start.

Thanks for all the help guys, ive made real progress, I just got Isis working in game.

http://s41.photobucket.com/user/crazydragon62040/media/isisingame-1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

I don't know if I can do a good enuf job animating to pull it off, I dident make the main body , it was a free model I got online, I just made the clothing and the texture.

[This message has been edited by crazydragon (edited 10-22-2014 @ 09:39 PM).]

XLightningStormL
    Mortal
    posted 23 October 2014 03:19 AM EDT (US)     716 / 1329       
    Argh,
    For some reason the computer I use for modeling can handle the models loading in-game, but my casual computer's aomx.exe crashes everytime I access my protox custom unit "University"

How can I fix this?

And My Guesses are:
    - The Computer I used (that crashed) couldn't handle the models.
    - The Models became corrupted in the transfer (It appears normal in 3ds Max)

Knight of Roses
    Mortal
    posted 25 October 2014 10:32 AM EDT (US)     717 / 1329       
    How do you turn a Scenario file (SCX file) into an Random Map file (XS and XML file)? I'd really like to know this because I want to make my own Custom RM.

Thanks!

Knight of Roses
    EpicWarrior202
    Mortal
    posted 25 October 2014 07:21 PM EDT (US)     718 / 1329       
    You can't. There is no scx to rms converter.
    XLightningStormL
    Mortal
    posted 25 October 2014 11:51 PM EDT (US)     719 / 1329       
    Problem with A.I:
    - I used to have this problem a lot so here is what Happens: For some reason the A.I will refuse to build Temples (With some even ignoring Granaries, Storehouses etc) and even if they do build Temples, they won't advance to the next age.

help Please?

WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 26 October 2014 01:14 AM EDT (US)     720 / 1329       
    @crazydragon try to search for normals on google. Atm I'm too busy with other stuff to look at your problem

@TBK maybe your mods cause the AI to fail.

XLightningStormL
    Mortal
    posted 26 October 2014 02:14 AM EDT (US)     721 / 1329       
    @WarriorMario
    I had a similar problem years ago, but fixed it (Didn't remove any modded items) but it was fixed.

crazydragon
    Mortal
    posted 28 October 2014 11:55 PM EDT (US)     722 / 1329       
    WarriorMario

no problem . I got it working , just had to play around with it a bit. thanks for all the help.
    Hammerhands
    Mortal
    posted 29 October 2014 08:55 PM EDT (US)     723 / 1329       
    Okay, um, I've a really odd problem you guys have probably seen before, so I'm asking because I'm baffled.

I tried making a couple triggers. Added them to my trigger file, and... they never showed up. Figured that was my fault.

But then I tried to add Transform to my trigger file. It never showed up. It's not in my list. I still have the use of the other triggers, including the hundred or so I'd added before... but these won't show up.

I'd noted the problem before and took a trigger from further up and added a 'z' to the beginning of the title to see if it showed up, and it never did. I never messed with the meat of the thing. All I did was give it a tattoo.

So...

Ideas? Why can't I add new triggers?
    nottud
    Mortal
    posted 02 November 2014 04:44 PM EDT (US)     724 / 1329       
    Maybe you added them to the wrong trigger file. You want to be editing the trigger file located in you AOM folder in program files. Make sure it the "trigger2" folder.
    Hammerhands
    Mortal
    posted 03 November 2014 06:01 PM EDT (US)     725 / 1329       
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 27 28 29 30 31 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 54  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames