You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1332 replies, Sticky
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » Got a Question? Ask it Here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Got a Question? Ask it Here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 29 30 31 32 33 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 54  Next Page »
buppy
Mortal
(id: pubby8)
posted 21 January 2011 01:55 PM EDT (US)         
Post all modding/rms/ai questions in this thread.

Visit Programs and Tutorials for Modding/RMS/AI or the Modding Library for helpful resources.

FAQ:

•  I get an error that says "Initialization Failed" when I start my game after installing a mod. What do I do?
    This error is almost always caused by an improperly installed mod. Sometimes it's something else. Undo what you did and try again. If you're still having trouble, outline what you did here and we can help.

•  How can I easily view and edit the xpacklanguage.dll file?
    Download Resource Hacker, you can find it in one of the links above.

•  Is there a way to stop the player color from showing up in a texture?
    Cover the white bits in the bottom half of the texture file with black. That should solve it.

•  Is there anywhere I can find a list of all the possible VisualParticles for the anim files? ie. HeroGlow, Kronos Smoke, etc.
    Visual Particles are stored in the Models bar files. Extract, and sort by type. They are the .PRTs.
    These are code that run a series of .tga files (9-12 played in cycles) and can be varied by replacing the images through a hex edit of the .prt.
    Somewhere in the code are things like size/speed etc. but it's inconsistent. Just pick a .prt that is about the size you want and create the .tga files. They work like 12/4/0/5 bitmaps using grey-scale for transparency.

•  How do you change the music? ie. add your own music to the game so you can play it while listening to your favorite music?
    With this.

•  How can I make my own campaigns?
    Use this.

•  How can I change the names of the ai?
    See here.

•  How do I add multiple mods so they don't overwrite eachother?
    This will teach you how to edit your protox and add mods on top of eachother.

•  How can I make my own BAR files?
    Download this.

•  Where is the main game folder for the Steam version of AoM?
    Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Mythology.

Some tags from the aomx.exe:
    Hit Grunt Select MaxLOS Recover GatherFish TeleportOut TeleportIn GatherBush Closing Opening Closed Opened RangedWalkAttack BehindAttack RightAttack LeftAttack Kill JumpLand JumpFly JumpTakeoff Flail Pray CastAttack WalkAttack Charging PivotLeft PivotRight Walk Talk Run GatherMine GatherHunt GatherFarm GatherChop Carry AutoLOS Unbuild HeroDeath TownBell BuckAttack Teleport CorpseDecay Boost Eat Explore LightningAttack Gate Swallow GetOnMover AutoMover Guard Trade ConvertAttack FreezeAttack Eject ChargedRangedAttack WhirlwindAttack Dropoff Gore Throw AutoGather Empower Use Regenerate Unused2 DiveBomb Pickup JumpMove Guide Attach Unused1 JumpAttack Light Lightning Thrown MoveAttack GatherPoint Dormant Freeze AreaAttack Birth AutoConvert Enter Wander Unused0 Work OverrideAnimation Train Research Repair RangedAttack MoveByGroup Move Idle Hunting Heal HandAttack Gather Decay Death Convert Build Bored LokiHero

A useful guide:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257883223

The ultimate modeling guide:
    http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11367

[This message has been edited by TAG (edited 03-01-2018 @ 08:10 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Nanodude
    Mortal
    (id: geodude)
    posted 09 January 2015 08:27 PM EDT (US)     751 / 1332       
    aaaaand i think you're wrong Brony.

nottud has managed to do it to the random maps here on the Workshop. Might be worth contacting him as it's possible it can be done to any map.

<3
    scragins
    Heretic of December
    posted 09 January 2015 08:31 PM EDT (US)     752 / 1332       
    I think it had something to do with placing a unit that has a population cost of 999999...
    XLightningStormL
    Mortal
    (id: TheBronyKing11)
    posted 09 January 2015 10:06 PM EDT (US)     753 / 1332       
    @Nanodude
    Monika was referring to editing the data files not triggers/Scenario Design

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
    Monika_A
    Mortal
    posted 09 January 2015 11:48 PM EDT (US)     754 / 1332       
    maybe this is easier, it it possible to change the pop limit for the mythology units ? example, the Minotauros use 4 pop slots, can i change somewhere that he just count as 1 slot ?
    Same with the other units that use more than 1 population.

"And there is no way of bypassing the limit even with the proto (Unless you change all the military units to pop 1)"

you means with the proto file the protox.xml ?

if yes, can i change in the protox.xml also the values for the ressources ?

EDIT: hey, i found what i need, initialresource & populationcount are the values i had to change in the protox.xml. im fine now, thanks !

[This message has been edited by Monika_A (edited 01-10-2015 @ 01:28 AM).]

Nanodude
    Mortal
    (id: geodude)
    posted 10 January 2015 06:26 AM EDT (US)     755 / 1332       
    @Nanodude
    Monika was referring to editing the data files not triggers/Scenario Design
    oops my bad :<

<3
    XLightningStormL
    Mortal
    posted 14 January 2015 07:38 AM EDT (US)     756 / 1332       
    I'm trying to modify the Beta Egyptian Town Center (The Age 1 Variant) by getting the Well that is within it's model, and making it an Embellishment Object (Using the Anim and Model name of the Removed Misc Well Object)

So I've been testing around to get it working, but there have been many problems, with gmax, as in: It refuses to export when the materials are modified, the texture is messed up in-game and for some, reason the object won't follow the mouse in placing (even though I made it in the center of the grid in Gmax)

Some I'm just asking is it possible to overcome the messed up texture thing using 3dsmax/ABE? or will it (most likely) stay messed up, anyway?

DON'T ASK ME WHY I AM USING GMAX AND THEN 3DSMAX, KEEP OUT OF IT AND ANSWER MY QUESTIONS

OR FEAR MY MIGHTY COCKROACH ARMY, MUHAHUAH *Coughing*

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
    WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 14 January 2015 08:23 AM EDT (US)     757 / 1332       
    the texture is messed up in-game
    That's because the vertex indices are messed up. There is a workaround for this in 3ds max but afaik not in gmax.

We cannot rely on luck to be successful.
    XLightningStormL
    Mortal
    posted 17 January 2015 11:58 PM EDT (US)     758 / 1332       
    I'm trying to do some textures where parts of it are invisible, however the problem is that when I convert it using AoMeD (15, 0, 1) and I place the object in the editor, IT SHOWS THE PART OF THE TEXTURE THAT IS INVISIBLE, rather than not showing it.

I've tried alternative methods but the problem is still there how do I fix this Issue?

HOWEVER, When I redo another texture and do (15, 0, 1) IT DOESN'T SHOW THE INVISIBLE AREA, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

[This message has been edited by TheBronyKing11 (edited 01-18-2015 @ 00:01 AM).]

WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 18 January 2015 05:44 AM EDT (US)     759 / 1332       
    HOWEVER, When I redo another texture and do (15, 0, 1) IT DOESN'T SHOW THE INVISIBLE AREA, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?
    Are you talking about the same material with a different texture or another material?

A brg contains materials and each material has a texture and some values which can be modified with the ABE or hex editing. I think your problem is solved by unchecking the PLAYERCOLOR value of that material.

XLightningStormL
    Mortal
    posted 18 January 2015 09:56 AM EDT (US)     760 / 1332       
    It's the Short Bush Model, not an actual unit/building model.

What It Looks Like:

Also, when doing a model for the game, the back part of the Granary shows up as White (In-Game) and shows up as black in 3ds Max, but everything other than that shows up properly, how do i fix it, so the back part of the granary shows the texture instead of white/black?

[This message has been edited by TheBronyKing11 (edited 01-18-2015 @ 10:20 AM).]

WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 18 January 2015 10:58 AM EDT (US)     761 / 1332       
    For the bushes make sure that you use the same conversion method as the original.

For the granary select the black granary in 3ds max and set it to a correct material ID. Available material IDs are shown by the ABE material tab. It basically applies a texture to your model.
    Example

XLightningStormL
    Mortal
    posted 18 January 2015 11:14 AM EDT (US)     762 / 1332       
    I've already tried that, and it doesn't work.

I also tried putting it on 24-bit, 8-bit (on Paint.net) and it still doesn't work, i even tried using 15, 1, 0, 1 and 15, 1, 0, 4 and it still doesn't work

WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 18 January 2015 12:52 PM EDT (US)     763 / 1332       
    Are you using replace texture in the anims?

XLightningStormL
    Mortal
    posted 18 January 2015 06:26 PM EDT (US)     764 / 1332       
    Yes?

XLightningStormL
    Mortal
    posted 18 January 2015 10:21 PM EDT (US)     765 / 1332       
    Also, I Tried fixing the black texture issue, and it still won't work, even when I set it to the Material Id: 399, clicking the select material button removes the number, and I still doesn't work.

WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 19 January 2015 05:40 AM EDT (US)     766 / 1332       
    I remember a myth about replacetexture causing texture bugs so try to avoid using it by creating a new model for the bushes.

And for the granary make sure that you applied it to a multimaterial. 3ds max slate material editor->select most right node-> apply to selection.

XLightningStormL
    Mortal
    posted 19 January 2015 07:05 AM EDT (US)     767 / 1332       
    I've modified the arcus attack model, but a problem is when i open it in abe, it says failed to open file! the type tag is not recognised

the model will also not render in-game

WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 19 January 2015 07:43 AM EDT (US)     768 / 1332       
    If it doesn't render ingame that means that the model is broken because you probably messed some stuff up inside the file. Try to start over from the last working version.

XLightningStormL
    Mortal
    posted 19 January 2015 07:57 AM EDT (US)     769 / 1332       
    It doesn't even want to work even when I don't modify the file

WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 19 January 2015 07:59 AM EDT (US)     770 / 1332       
    So an unused arcus attack animation model?

XLightningStormL
    Mortal
    posted 19 January 2015 08:10 AM EDT (US)     771 / 1332       
    Wait, I fixed the error.

used the Archer X Arcush_attacka (Hero Archer) model

XLightningStormL
    Mortal
    posted 23 January 2015 02:32 AM EDT (US)     772 / 1332       
    New Problem, with the short bush model.

I used 3ds Max to change the material (world a short bush) to one of the custom texture materials (i.e world a bush e/g/h)

For some reason, with or without the textures it will appear invisible and cloudy like this:

It's NOT the textures, read that clearly, it's the MODELS.

BTW: about the granary (I fixed the problem, but I don't know how, so don't ask :P) What do you mean by "Most Right Node"

If you want the Granary for your Roman Civ for your Fan-Made Exp. Pack just email me, but there's one problem: The Model renders the texture darker than it should.

WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 23 January 2015 03:07 AM EDT (US)     773 / 1332       
    It's NOT the textures, read that clearly, it's the MODELS.
    That it wasn't caused by the textures was obvious since you already stated that you used the same conversion method. Now I don't know how you messed this part up but basically this is how you do it:
    Open 3ds max
    Export the model to 3ds max with the ABE. Do not close the ABE until you are done with every other step to retain the options of your model.
    Open the slate material editor
    Click on the material tab -> get all scene materials
    Now 3 nodes should appear (this model has 3 nodes other models could have more)
    The first node contains a bitmap, change that to your new bitmap
    by right clicking on it and selecting: Change Material/Map type
    **THIS STEP IS OPTIONAL** select the 2nd node and click on this icon: this will show the texture in the viewport if enabled
    Now select the model and import it with the ABE by clicking on import from max
    Save your model and test it ingame.

Hopefully this will make it work for you.

Thanks for the granary but I need to complete the Native culture first before I continue with the roman culture.

XLightningStormL
    Mortal
    posted 23 January 2015 05:02 AM EDT (US)     774 / 1332       
    How do I get the model to render light properly?

Because it's completely black in 3ds max, and has a grey tint in-game.

WarriorMario
    Mortal
    posted 23 January 2015 05:30 AM EDT (US)     775 / 1332       
    Apply a bitmap to it and make sure you do the optional step in my last post.
    ABE does not apply bitmaps to your models yet.
    If you can see it in 3ds max and you did not mess up the nodes then it should work in AoM too if you converter the textures etc.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 29 30 31 32 33 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 54  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames