You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

News
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » News » Download Spotlight - Children of Memories
Bottom
Topic Subject:Download Spotlight - Children of Memories
BSU_DoLhades
Mortal
posted 16 January 2012 01:03 PM EDT (US)         

January 16, 2012

This time we have something that caused quite a stir with online players, and can only be considered the first of many revolutionary RPGs that we will soon have to offer here at the downloads. Possibly the first Open World RPG that has been created in the editor, but certainly not the last, Tasterix really hit the nail on the head with gameplay. Of course, I am talking about my dear rivals Children of Memories, a screnario that once maintained alot of popularity online, and for a while was the single RPG that was hosted (Until Choose your Mutation 2 came out that was...). Nowadays it may not be hosted anywhere near as much, however it's importance lives on to this day.
Tasterix with a little guide on the best way to play.

Gameplay

The Gameplay in Children of Memories is very... unique compared to it's competitors, including my now cancelled Saviors of Corinth RPG (I had better ideas...). The game is very unique in the sense that its openworld and offers a balanced levelling up system! Which is great for keen RPG enthusiasts from all over! Now, another important element is the fact that this has a huge number of quests to deal with, including RPGs from various Mythic Studios members, such as myself, Majic_Dodo, Scragins and Marauder1221! Every quest is unique and offers a different challenge as far as online gameplay can really push designing. There are of course improvements that could have been more quests, and perhaps even more variation and a thicker storyline, however the Pros outweigh the Cons, and this should be an inspiration to all RPG designers.
An overhead view of Tasterix's map

Uniqueness

What makes this so unique is the obvious thought that has been put into every detail. Tasterix is a clear master of eyecandy and pushed his detail from what we had seen here. The unique eyecandy in this is significant and Tasterix is definately an eyecandier for those to consider using as inspiration. For an online eyecandier, his eyecandy did not cause lag online, while looking just as great as many pieces of work already posted here! The other unique part of this as explained before, is that its one of a kind Quest and free world style... But there are other designers out there that are improving on what Tasterix started...

Download Children of Memories (2.06 MB)

If you would like to suggest a file for our Download Spotlight please send an email to aomnews@heavengames.com.

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach

[This message has been edited by BSU_DoLhades (edited 01-16-2012 @ 01:06 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Glen654
Mortal
posted 16 January 2012 08:31 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
Really cool map, It's well done, but It honestly doesn't appeal to me that much :/

Great job nevertheless!

Proud Trigger Artist and Map Designer for
~Mythic Studios~
L33TSkillz
Mortal
posted 16 January 2012 09:54 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
I've played this single-player and it was amazing. I wish I could play multi-player with someone though, which is a problem because I don't really have eso on titans.
BSU_DoLhades
Mortal
posted 17 January 2012 01:37 AM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
Ah I mainly picked this due to it's popularity and changing the expected standard of a good RPG.

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
Tasterix
Mortal
posted 26 January 2012 07:43 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
Thank you guys

|Limb of Memories| Upcoming AoM Online RPG, the prequel to |Children of Memories|
A project by Tasterix.
Eurotool
Hero
posted 02 February 2012 10:51 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
Beau travail

Heavy Murmillo
Mortal
posted 09 April 2012 08:04 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
ooh, this looks very good. i hope my computer can hold all these new downloads!!!

Me Gusta
Naghtenator
Mortal
posted 02 April 2013 07:51 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
Top quality!

Really enjoyable RPG. I can only imagine the amount of hours that went in to this. An inspiration to all scenario creators! Really sets the standard!
StrangeFlu
Mortal
posted 28 May 2013 09:19 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
Hello Please tell me, where did you get the trigger to get experience after killing enemies with the "condition" - "QV Stat Valois," How can download a collection of flip-flops with this condition?

Sorry for my english
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames